Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 26, 2012 5:33 PM

Oct 2011
SkyDX said:
I haven't wrote in ages here but the discussion sparked my interest in one point: To everyone saying that AO feels so vastly different from E7, yes that's very true but I'm surprised nobody thought of a way how this all could be very well done on purpose.
Truth repeatedly states that the world here is erroneous and misguided and this makes me think that everything in AO is purposefully different from E7 to make it to us watchers really "all wrong". I don't know how many here have played Kingdom Hearts 2
but for those that did, remember how Twilight Town, the place you spent the beginning of the game at was all just more or less a fabricated world of illusion?

Of course my theory is at the moment right pulled out of thin air but seeing the twists we saw in E7 I can see this happening. What if something terrible happened on the original earth and Eureka, being pregnant, just wanted to have a safe place for Ao to
grow up at and the Coral placed her into this 2025 world, whatever it might be. (Either a created world. A dreamed world. A alternate dimension etc. only existing for some reason and not because it should actually exist.)
She left Ao there to be safe and got either caught by the US or left again. Granted I don't really have anything that supports this theory all too well but it was atleast a idea I wanted to share.
The large ref-board secret made me think of that partially. What I could also imagine is that Ao is actually in a dream-like state on the normal and nothing of what we saw so far is completely real.

Before we know, Ao and Piped Piper might leave this entire "erroneous world" behind and return to the original earth, if I can see anyone doing such a plot then it's Bones.

And as a side-note, it isn't mentioned in the subs I have but did anyone else notice that when the characters refer to the ships like the Triton, they actually seem to say Triton-Go?

Sorry but you're reaching here and this is far too farfetched. So now we have to assume alternate dimensions to make sense of this? What's next, the moon with the heart is where Gekko State are having their next barbecue?
May 26, 2012 7:20 PM

Aug 2009
Darkdrone said:
SkyDX said:
I haven't wrote in ages here but the discussion sparked my interest in one point: To everyone saying that AO feels so vastly different from E7, yes that's very true but I'm surprised nobody thought of a way how this all could be very well done on purpose.
Truth repeatedly states that the world here is erroneous and misguided and this makes me think that everything in AO is purposefully different from E7 to make it to us watchers really "all wrong". I don't know how many here have played Kingdom Hearts 2
but for those that did, remember how Twilight Town, the place you spent the beginning of the game at was all just more or less a fabricated world of illusion?

Of course my theory is at the moment right pulled out of thin air but seeing the twists we saw in E7 I can see this happening. What if something terrible happened on the original earth and Eureka, being pregnant, just wanted to have a safe place for Ao to
grow up at and the Coral placed her into this 2025 world, whatever it might be. (Either a created world. A dreamed world. A alternate dimension etc. only existing for some reason and not because it should actually exist.)
She left Ao there to be safe and got either caught by the US or left again. Granted I don't really have anything that supports this theory all too well but it was atleast a idea I wanted to share.
The large ref-board secret made me think of that partially. What I could also imagine is that Ao is actually in a dream-like state on the normal and nothing of what we saw so far is completely real.

Before we know, Ao and Piped Piper might leave this entire "erroneous world" behind and return to the original earth, if I can see anyone doing such a plot then it's Bones.

And as a side-note, it isn't mentioned in the subs I have but did anyone else notice that when the characters refer to the ships like the Triton, they actually seem to say Triton-Go?

Sorry but you're reaching here and this is far too farfetched. So now we have to assume alternate dimensions to make sense of this? What's next, the moon with the heart is where Gekko State are having their next barbecue?
Raigerzero said:
SkyDX said:
Truth repeatedly states that the world here is erroneous and misguided and this makes me think that everything in AO is purposefully different from E7 to make it to us watchers really "all wrong". I don't know how many here have played Kingdom Hearts 2 but for those that did, remember how Twilight Town, the place you spent the beginning of the game at was all just more or less a fabricated world of illusion?

Twilight Town was fun, had interesting (to me at least) characters, and evolved into the main plot quickly. We quickly understand why Roxas is there and learn about him. As of yet, I can't draw good parallels with AO. I actually feel confusion with how it's going.

SkyDX said:
Of course my theory is at the moment right pulled out of thin air but seeing the twists we saw in E7 I can see this happening. What if something terrible happened on the original earth and Eureka, being pregnant, just wanted to have a safe place for Ao to grow up at and the Coral placed her into this 2025 world, whatever it might be. (Either a created world. A dreamed world. A alternate dimension etc.) She left Ao there to be safe and got either caught by the US or left again. Granted I don't really have anything that supports this theory all too well but it was at least a idea I wanted to share. The large ref-board secret made me think of that partially.

This was a convenient thing posted earlier: http://i.imgur.com/T67Fb.jpg
Plus, you may remember that Renton's grandpa saw a red and blue pair of twinkling lights in the distance somewhere in the last episode.

Unrelated: I would just like to say that I am happy the Nirvash typeTheEND seems to have survived.

I can't blame you two, I know my theory is very far-fetched. I for one also am not too happy with the developments of AO but what eventually pulls me through week for week is that I want to see how they connect it and what is behind the whole plot. If they really should mess it up entirely which I doubt I can always rant after the series ended^^
May 26, 2012 8:06 PM
Apr 2012
Darkdrone said:
So now we have to assume alternate dimensions to make sense of this? What's next, the moon with the heart is where Gekko State are having their next barbecue?

We're not assuming anything, alternate dimensions have been an established part of Eureka Seven ever since the final episodes of the original series. In fact, they played pretty big parts in the plot of the TV series and movie.
May 26, 2012 8:19 PM

Oct 2011
fdsfgs said:
Darkdrone said:
So now we have to assume alternate dimensions to make sense of this? What's next, the moon with the heart is where Gekko State are having their next barbecue?

We're not assuming anything, alternate dimensions have been an established part of Eureka Seven ever since the final episodes of the original series. In fact, they played pretty big parts in the plot of the TV series and movie.

The Great Wall?
May 26, 2012 8:57 PM

Oct 2011
ugh..... THE HECK DID I JUST WATCH?!
these idios have some eplaining to do ,my expectations for this have been let down :(
May 27, 2012 6:22 AM

Oct 2011
After 7 episodes still 'something' is missing from E7 in AO.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2012 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
I'm close to rating this 6.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 27, 2012 9:17 AM

Oct 2011
ernst said:
I'm close to rating this 6.
Even though only 7 eps aired?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2012 9:34 AM

Oct 2011
The score I think is now either 8.01 or 8.............I wouldn't be surprised if it falls down to a 7.5. The show has been heading down for the last 3 episodes.
May 27, 2012 11:02 AM

May 2011
I still find this series to be particularly interesting, especially in the whole betrayal aspect with Naru siding with Truth. This episode may not have depicted it in the most presentable way, but I still believe there will be something great coming out of this.

Dangerr said:
Another complaint I'm getting tired of seeing is how this series "just doesn't feel the same at all", and I ask: What of it? I personally find it refreshing that it's taking such a different setting and mood in contrast to the original series, and commend the creators for taking a riskier route for such. I'll also concede, however, that this last episode was relatively weak, and probably the worst in the series thus far, but was hardly the train-wreck most are making it out to be.

One thing I decided to not do before I started watching this was compare it to the original. It is being produced a great many years later and using an entirely different cast, differences are to be expected.

I am disappointed in how badly most of the community is taking to this series, I am more than confident that Bones will make this into something better. I don't feel it's right to be making judgements when we're about one month away from being halfway through the series...
May 27, 2012 12:01 PM

Aug 2009
Didn't enjoy this episode at all. Damn, get the flow right. Eureka Seven had much a better on going. I can't seem to make any links to the original !
May 27, 2012 1:13 PM
Aug 2010
kenshin_sama said:
I am disappointed in how badly most of the community is taking to this series, I am more than confident that Bones will make this into something better. I don't feel it's right to be making judgements when we're about one month away from being halfway through the series...

Its cuz they expected a show identical to the original. But let them be. They all rate the show 5-6 now because they are mad and angry. After the dust settles and we get more eps to see everything will be fine.

No matter what happens this show will always be an 8 atleast.
May 27, 2012 2:00 PM

Oct 2011
triforcebih said:
kenshin_sama said:

Its cuz they expected a show identical to the original. But let them be. They all rate the show 5-6 now because they are mad and angry. After the dust settles and we get more eps to see everything will be fine.

You have it wrong, we didn't expect it to be exactly like EU 7 but rather an actual sequel. Put it this way, even if the show was completely different I would have still enjoyed it if the characterization was good. The pacing is slow, too many wtf moments and characters who are not interesting will not get a good score. Sorry but this show wasn't expected to be a copy cat of EU 7 but it was expected to be good.

An 8 is considered to be amazing and that is far from the truth. I sound like a broken record but the first episode was fantastic but then everything went free fall. The show had high expectations and so far it has been sub par.

I will give it until episode 12 before I decide to drop and I hope it makes a great recovery.
May 27, 2012 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
I'm rewatching Eureka Seven, and I think I know why this series might feel off for E7 fans. There isn't any connection to the audience, such as these "secrets" that are plaguing the Earth. In E7, it was the Gekkostate versus the military; composed of humans that were, for the most part, evenly matched. In AO the fights are just way overpowered. Anyone else think this way?
May 28, 2012 12:33 AM

Sep 2009
Riftguardian said:
I'm rewatching Eureka Seven, and I think I know why this series might feel off for E7 fans. There isn't any connection to the audience, such as these "secrets" that are plaguing the Earth. In E7, it was the Gekkostate versus the military; composed of humans that were, for the most part, evenly matched. In AO the fights are just way overpowered. Anyone else think this way?
That could be part of it. Maybe my expectations for this was just too high. It's not that this is worst than shows I usually watch. I watch many average shows that I enjoy, but I was expecting this to be one of the best of the year (still could be). Overall I still find this season enjoyable, just not as much as E7.

Another thing to note is that this season seems to have a different script writer. The script writer for the original E7 was the same script writer for shows like Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell.
May 28, 2012 1:10 AM
May 2012
Before I start this rant, I'll say that I am actually enjoying this series so far. But... the points that broke the immersion for me in this episode include...

1: Parts where Truth used his superpowers (every 10 or so seconds.) This is E7, not Dragonball Z; superpowers just do not belong imo.

2: When Rebecca survived Truth's attack. I can understand that the singer girl was spared because it looked like Truth was only attacking soldiers or people with weapons, but there is no excuse for Rebecca receiving special treatment and being spared after she pointed her gun at his face. Unless he doesn't kill women or something.

I hope they take a break from the senseless action now and start doing what I think they should have started off by doing; developing the characters a bit. This whole 'betrayal' scene might have been a pretty powerful gut-punch had they actually developed Naru to the point where I gave a half a damn about her.

The only person besides Ao that we really know anything at all about so far is the leader of the Smugglers. Even that shop owner who stopped his wife from reporting Ao has been one of the most developed and most memorable characters of the show.

Anyways it's pretty clear that this show is an entirely different beast from E7. In fact I would categorize it under an entirely different genre; E7 was a romance with comedy/action/drama elements, while Ao has so far been purely action with no trace of romance, comedy or drama.

PS: When do they plan to break out the ref boards and the drop-back cut-turns? I'm getting bored of watching them fly those plain old boring-looking IFOs.
May 28, 2012 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
triforcebih said:
kenshin_sama said:

Lol what? from the beginning it was obvious that story was going to be completely different.
May 28, 2012 6:46 AM

Nov 2010
Great action, was something like the Great Sea Giant on the first season as well?
May 28, 2012 7:31 AM
May 2012
I got a hypothesis that may explain how things started. I don't know how Eureka got from her world to this one (if the dimensional stuff is true), but what may explain the new Nirvash is while Eureka was in this world for the first 3 years, Renton was building him. Now this may seem crazy but he was born into a family of geniuses and after all he did with Eureka, maybe the Scub Coral helped him build it. Afterwards he somehow was able to get it to Eureka where she made the final "modifications" and then for unknown reasons (probably Truth and the U.S. and Japanese military) was forced to leave without Ao and somehow left Nirvash behind so he could one day follow her back to the original Earth we know. To me this makes some sense, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
May 28, 2012 8:39 AM
May 2012
Silentraider52 said:
I got a hypothesis that may explain how things started. I don't know how Eureka got from her world to this one (if the dimensional stuff is true), but what may explain the new Nirvash is while Eureka was in this world for the first 3 years, Renton was building him. Now this may seem crazy but he was born into a family of geniuses and after all he did with Eureka, maybe the Scub Coral helped him build it. Afterwards he somehow was able to get it to Eureka where she made the final "modifications" and then for unknown reasons (probably Truth and the U.S. and Japanese military) was forced to leave without Ao and somehow left Nirvash behind so he could one day follow her back to the original Earth we know. To me this makes some sense, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Hmm, your theory does not deviate too much from the one I have. While I would say assuming how exactly Eureka and Nirvash came to this world would be too soon at this point, I believe that this world in AO is not the same as the earth from the first series. Given the many inconsistencies we have been shown throughout, the setting taking place in the original earth would not make sense at all. Those that assume that the scub have been actually returning to the original earth and hence why we have seen things like lfo hands, pile bunkers, debris, etc. forget the main problem with this theory is that should this be true then it would pretty much contradict the main problem of reaching the limit of questions which the scub would not be helping in preventing if they are returning so soon. Gonzy said that the scub would exist in another universe until they could find a way for both to coexist side by side, but in the end this would not add up to the theories of this taking place in the original earth given what I stated. It is for this reason along with others I have mentioned in another forum why this universe must be either an artificial construct of scub design or another universe born from natural circumstances. This of course would be if there are multiple universes existing in the first place, this one would be one of the many so to speak. The only way we could assume this was the real earth, we would have to ignore these inconsistencies and assume this series bear few to no connections to the original series. However, why does Eureka have the gem in the opening if only the Eureka from the first anime obtained this along with the flowered hair clip?
025May 28, 2012 8:43 AM
May 28, 2012 12:15 PM

Oct 2007
Interesting episode.

Truth, well, so far he only killed guys. Hasn't really killed a woman but pushed one away (Rebecka).

Then again, if I were Truth I would've killed her regardless.

Mirror survived an explosion. Should've animated Truth doing multiple small explosions or those blue knife blade thingies to make more sense that she (Mirror) was made sure unijured. And Mirror = Elena?! Possibilities running around.

Then came the dreamscape, (after the first initial sparkle, a dead give-away something is not real or not as it seems deamed reality). This part I don't get much. But it did leave in those dream elements. Like, one minute you see a FP and then a IFO.

It seems Ao had a connection with Truth when he was sleeping?
From the photo, Truth was holding onto a sleeping Naru too. Maybe he had Ao and Naru experiencing the same thing? In the end, the Naru taken away was true. Ao is angry now.

I hope this gets explained. Co's, we can all fly in our dreams if we want. Right? no?... bugger.

Not my best episode, maybe if I watched it again...

*prods Naru's big forehead* ^_^
May 28, 2012 2:34 PM

Oct 2008
Holobalobalo2 said:
1: Parts where Truth used his superpowers (every 10 or so seconds.) This is E7, not Dragonball Z; superpowers just do not belong imo.

2: When Rebecca survived Truth's attack. I can understand that the singer girl was spared because it looked like Truth was only attacking soldiers or people with weapons, but there is no excuse for Rebecca receiving special treatment and being spared after she pointed her gun at his face. Unless he doesn't kill women or something.

PS: When do they plan to break out the ref boards and the drop-back cut-turns? I'm getting bored of watching them fly those plain old boring-looking IFOs.

*Norb from the first series exhibited powers through Scub influence, so it's not that unfeasible.

*I agree, the Rebecca scene was lazy and/or preposterous, same with the security personnel trying to take Truth alive.

*Lifting does not seem to be a sport in this universe / setting.
May 28, 2012 4:13 PM

Jan 2011
Holobalobalo2 said:
I hope they take a break from the senseless action now and start doing what I think they should have started off by doing; developing the characters a bit. This whole 'betrayal' scene might have been a pretty powerful gut-punch had they actually developed Naru to the point where I gave a half a damn about her.

The only person besides Ao that we really know anything at all about so far is the leader of the Smugglers. Even that shop owner who stopped his wife from reporting Ao has been one of the most developed and most memorable characters of the show.

Anyways it's pretty clear that this show is an entirely different beast from E7. In fact I would categorize it under an entirely different genre; E7 was a romance with comedy/action/drama elements, while Ao has so far been purely action with no trace of romance, comedy or drama.

I completely agree with you, this show is absolutely lacking in character development. In the first series, Eureka Seven was all about the lives, past to future, of the the characters. This in return did the plot and character development. I mean, in AO are there any characters that you can connect with or even say you like?

Also, lifting and the family feel of the Gekkostate made Eureka Seven the warm comedic drama it was with romance or whatever thrown in. E7 didn't need tons of action to make it the anime it awesomely turned out to be. Nonetheless I still have hope for AO, as long as the producers find a way to make the audience care about what happens.
May 28, 2012 9:38 PM

May 2012
The thing I loved about Eureka 7 was the depth of the story. Not just the plot. In Eureka seven there was a focus on the flow of life and energy that the world created. The characters lifted on trapper waves and connected to this power and flow that was greater than themselves. The world was extraordinary and yet threatened by the suppression and destruction that mankind impended upon it (and the limit of questions). This invoked in me a feeling of importance for the freedom of and resolution for not just the characters, but the planet itself. Holland even saying that he would fight for this planet he loved so much, the one that allowed him to lift. The characters were discovering a passion in themselves that gave them a reason to live. During the show the characters went through a process of self discovery (acperience) and evolved into truly amazing, inspiring beings, something we all wish for in our lives. Eureka and Renton's relationship had to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen on TV and truly inspired me (I literally made some life-changing decisions influenced by my inspiration from this show, you can call me stupid) Anyway that flow of life and yearning of self discovery/ or the discovery of one's purpose for life was established from the first episode and didn't really fall too short in any episode since that. Even the religion of the Vadoracks (can't remember how it is spelled) strongly amplified this great flow and connection to the world that was lacking, which I felt was desperately trying to be regained. These things truly pulled me into the show and made me feel concerned for the planet, and the character's own happiness and fufillment. God, when that final episode came and Renton had grown so much and was reunited with Eureka, I can't tell you how I felt. What great work of art in many more ways than just the animation and music.

This is why I watch anime, the stories and characters (for many series) are just so well done, something I rarely see in any movie or show. Eureka AO I did not expect to be ANYTHING like Eureka 7 in anyway. And I do like watching it just to see Eureka again, see what happens next and of course, if AO is the offspring of Eureka and Renton, he must be a truly amazing being. So I do hope the show will deliver some caliber of meaning, but not in the same way as Eureka 7. Because it's nice to have a new plot/setting/characters (Eureka 7 ended so good I don't want to just see them dragging out a story that was already complete) But AO doesn't seem to have yet that same caliber of yearning, or discovering or hope. I don't know what the hell AO wants from his life besides to just find out more about his mom. It just doesn't feel powerful, I don't want to sound too negative like others, but cardboard characters does seem to be a fitting description thus far. Anyway this is a long rant, and I was just comparing the shows. Freedom, Flying, Self Discovery, deep love and yearning. I'm interested to see what AO invokes in me.
I like AO, but it does not inspire me... yet. Looks like some interesting plot seeds have been planted though. Oh and nothing beats that giant sphere Coralean (however you spell it).

-Vuyo
May 29, 2012 5:27 AM

Oct 2007
The final scene with that secret thing under Generations Bleu HQ reminds me of this!
May 29, 2012 5:27 AM
Aug 2010
Darkdrone said:

An 8 is considered to be amazing and that is far from the truth

This explains why MAL ratings are so messed up. 8 amazing ? then what is 9 and 10 ?

As far as I know 10 is considered a masterpiece ( like e7 itself ), a 9 is a pretty amazing show that lacks some stuff and an 8 is a good/decent show. 7 is a so-so/watchable show, 6 is borderline for shit and 5 and > is just a joke rating.

Truth is OP but beside that the show is a steady 8 at the moment. It's a overall fun and decent show no doubt. The show will be even better if Ao gets some bigger goal besides finding his mother.

But all of this is just my opinion...

TEH_GEASS said:
The final scene with that secret thing under Generations Bleu HQ reminds me of this!

http://i.imgur.com/BxS6m.jpg

Lolitha said:
Nipaaaaaaaah ~

Nipaaaaah ~ Finished Kai 2 nights ago :3 Watching Rei nao
May 29, 2012 6:21 AM

Sep 2009
triforcebih said:
As far as I know 10 is considered a masterpiece ( like e7 itself ), a 9 is a pretty amazing show that lacks some stuff and an 8 is a good/decent show. 7 is a so-so/watchable show, 6 is borderline for shit and 5 and > is just a joke rating.
This is basically how I rate my shows. I always thought MAL should have a 5 point rating system. If you look at the average rating for all of the shows in MAL's database, there's hardly anything below a 6 (last time I checked).
May 29, 2012 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
triforcebih said:

Lolitha said:
Nipaaaaaaaah ~

Nipaaaaah ~ Finished Kai 2 nights ago :3 Watching Rei nao

:D Rei is awesome. especially last ep
May 29, 2012 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
saxophone15 said:
triforcebih said:
This is basically how I rate my shows. I always thought MAL should have a 5 point rating system. If you look at the average rating for all of the shows in MAL's database, there's hardly anything below a 6 (last time I checked).

I agree that MAL is to generous in the rating department and make everything seem like its good. They need the five point scale and nothing else because its ruining the rating the system.

This show at best is a 7/10
May 29, 2012 12:05 PM

Aug 2009
I would say it's currently a 8/10 but opinions obviously differ^^ Though I agree that MAL needs a restructured rating system and I would even say it shouldn't be allowed by the system to rate any show that hasn't finished airing yet.
I mean rated series that someone dropped is fine but rating something that _nobody_ yet finished can lead to wrong impressions. But of course that's just my opinion^^
May 29, 2012 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
SkyDX said:
I would say it's currently a 8/10 but opinions obviously differ^^ Though I agree that MAL needs a restructured rating system and I would even say it shouldn't be allowed by the system to rate any show that hasn't finished airing yet.
I mean rated series that someone dropped is fine but rating something that _nobody_ yet finished can lead to wrong impressions. But of course that's just my opinion^^

Hmm an 8 is too high don't you think? I gave Eureka 7 an 8 after everything was said and done because I felt it was amazing but not fantastic.
May 29, 2012 5:55 PM

Aug 2009
Darkdrone said:
SkyDX said:

Hmm an 8 is too high don't you think? I gave Eureka 7 an 8 after everything was said and done because I felt it was amazing but not fantastic.

I normally would agree with you though since I basically ignore MALs 1-5 ratings I hardly rate anything below 7 so 8 means "nice" for me but not awesome^^
SkyDXMay 29, 2012 6:01 PM
May 30, 2012 4:07 AM

Oct 2008
@DkyDx:

You will eventually read a few more books, watch a few more movies and take a few more classes on critical thinking that will then help you to understand why most of these anime are really average at best. This show with it's pandering to moe themes, fan service, lack of character development, a shape shifting magical bishi villain, incoherent plot development, and inability to maintain a similar flow or themes of the original series means realistically it should be rated at a 2 or 3 so far. Apart from the first few episodes, this show has been nothing but a disappointment. I just can't figure out what has gone so terribly wrong with the series when we have the same director of the original, and a very good script writer. The only thing I can think of is that their source material by shounen Ace author Katou, Yuuichi is at fault if it is in fact his own source material and he isn't being coached. But even if this is the case, Shou Aikawa proved with his script on Fullmetal Alchemist that he could input his own voice to a manga and change the script where necessary. I suppose the criticism that he received by the manga fans might have lead him to not raise objections to such a bad plot design. All just speculations as I'm not part of the production teem, but so far what's been created isn't very good even in an overly cliche way. It's just bad and I'm going to keep watching it. You know why? Because I love torturing myself. Proof? I actually finished Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam. An etchi show about actual drivel like Nazo no Kanojo X, has been more entertaining than this show and that's just plain sad. ;)
May 30, 2012 11:43 AM

Jul 2009
Damn, the show was doing really well until this episode. What the fuck did I just watch?

It was poorly executed for sure. The first part wasn't bad, but the second part was disjointed and didn't feel natural.

Hopefully it will pick up. E7 had some bad episodes, but the good always outshined the bad by a long way.
May 31, 2012 12:45 AM
Mar 2009
Psychodrake said:
Damn, the show was doing really well until this episode. What the fuck did I just watch?

It was poorly executed for sure. The first part wasn't bad, but the second part was disjointed and didn't feel natural.

Hopefully it will pick up. E7 had some bad episodes, but the good always outshined the bad by a long way.

I think that's what they wanted us to feel...
May 31, 2012 7:11 AM

Jul 2009
gorthol said:
Psychodrake said:

That isn't a good thing. There was a point where I was considering turning the episode off because of it.

It could have been handled better.
May 31, 2012 12:43 PM

Oct 2011
Psychodrake said:
gorthol said:
Psychodrake said:

Yep, I agree but they got to clean this disarray of information in the episodes a lot better in the future. With only 24 episodes, they missed their opportunity for some characterization and moving the plot forward. I have this feeling, its going to be massive rush at the end with a crappy ending.

That isn't a good thing. There was a point where I was considering turning the episode off because of it.

It could have been handled better.
Jun 1, 2012 8:27 PM

Feb 2012
First, a rating system is only useful for comparing different things and is completely arbitrary on its own. It’s clear that the MAL rating system is seriously inflated, but as far as I’ve seen the ratings seem accurate when compared to each other. MAL should get rid of the descriptors to the numbers because even though a 5 is supposed to be average, it really is 7.

Second, people are looking back at Eureka 7 with rose colored glasses. Eureka 7 was a jumbled mess that somehow was able to come together and be awesome. There were many bad episodes, but it also had some of the best episodes I have ever seen in an anime. It took time Eureka 7 50 episodes to become the show everyone loved. We’re only 7 episodes in to Eureka 7 AO so there is still time to make an awesome show. The first 7 episodes of Eureka 7 weren’t that great (even though episode 7 was one of the best of the series). The character development that everyone talks so much about took the entire series to work out. Eureka 7 AO is not even halfway done so people should just relax and see what happens.
Jun 3, 2012 11:16 AM

Nov 2009
I'm not really liking someone with such ridiculous powers going around making a wreck out of everything. I guess we really need an explanation about what he is trying to do and where he gets that power from. And I really have no idea what happened to Naru. I knew that she was special, from the beginning, but now that seeing Truth getting interested in her (even taking her away) and her being able fly, I guess she'll become an active player in this very soon.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...
Jun 5, 2012 5:31 AM

Dec 2007
It's so fun reading peoples reaction to this episode.
It wasn't that bad (of course I see that there was some things wrong with it though)

People that are hating on this series and dropping it now are idiots cause I bet ya money that those same people that loved the shit out of the original E7, if they were watching that show from beginning like this one they would drop it as well cause the first 10-ish episodes of the original were FAR from being GREAT... so chill out and continue with the series cause hear me.. you might regret dropping it or for hating on it.

:)
Jul 14, 2012 6:33 PM

Mar 2009
Kinda turned off by the whole new random guy showing up and changing the world the show has built over 6 episodes.

=\

Really turned off.

=\
Jul 14, 2012 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
UnknownFact said:
Kinda turned off by the whole new random guy showing up and changing the world the show has built over 6 episodes.

=

Really turned off.

=

Just keep watching; you're pretty much at the low point of the show. Things'll pick back up.
Jul 26, 2012 4:19 PM

Jul 2011
Oh damn NTR!!!

Dunno but starts to remind me Aquarion Evol.
Aug 18, 2012 2:53 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Naru you idiot. Well we need an idiot villain after all.
Nov 27, 2012 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
basmimarsinan said:
I'm not really liking someone with such ridiculous powers going around making a wreck out of everything. I guess we really need an explanation about what he is trying to do and where he gets that power from. And I really have no idea what happened to Naru. I knew that she was special, from the beginning, but now that seeing Truth getting interested in her (even taking her away) and her being able fly, I guess she'll become an active player in this very soon.

Lol funny you say that considering your avatar is of Accelerator ....
NTR pretty badly there she just likes cooler guys that's all.
Jan 3, 2013 1:54 AM

Jan 2012
sloot gonna sloot

naru... y u do dis D:
Mar 12, 2013 10:53 AM

Dec 2008
Kazuhiko Inoue as Truth is friggin' sexy!!! Love that voice of his!!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 24, 2013 6:40 PM

Mar 2012
flaxman85 said:
sloot gonna sloot

naru... y u do dis D:

Hoes will be hoes.
Oct 13, 2013 2:38 PM

Aug 2010
DROPPED! this is just terrible in so many ways. im pretty sure the early comments already answered ur curiosity /
Dec 29, 2013 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
Truth looks like Howl. :____:
And his voice. >/////< Kazuhiko Inoue. ♥
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

96 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.