Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 18, 2015 5:55 AM
Mar 2014
sarroush said:
It was beautiful. And the way it tied to the series was fantastic. The sadness. Have to admit the ferris wheel moment was f*cking hilarious though.

Had no flaws. 10/10.
Mar 1, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
sirRaito said:
Well that's a nice OVA.
Apr 13, 2015 6:07 AM

Feb 2015
That ferris wheel part. I was expecting someone to yell...

"Funking bird! Watch where you're going!"

9/10 this should've been in the anime. Should've been in the anime.
May 31, 2015 8:07 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Nice but well as an OVA i was expecting something else.
This could have been put inside of the anime in a shorter version

Jul 17, 2015 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
I guess this was mostly fan service, but I enjoyed it. What I don't get though is why there wasn't more stuff like this in the anime itself. When the show was over I almost felt like I didn't get what I came for, Misaki Mei being the most iconic character in the first place and her, at the end of it all, having had such a small role. It's especially strange when you consider how little was going on in the show anyway, how dependent it was on making up strange excuses to save revelations until later, and even having time for a beach episode in the middle of only a 12 episode run.
Aug 4, 2015 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
It did felt like fan service but I really liked it. It was good to see Mei laughing for a change and have some insight into her life. I also felt really bad for Mei because Misaki was not only her sister but her only friend.
Aug 16, 2015 9:01 AM
Aug 2015
This OVA was so sad- it actually really explains Mei's backstory really well and the feels were just so strong.
Aug 19, 2015 8:51 AM

Jun 2015
So that is Mei´s past, so dark as i supposed...

But i still have a question, her sister is Misaki Misaki?? Maybe they explain it in the anime, but i watched 2 months ago... Pls if someone knows the answere it would be great that he makes me kwon it :)
Dec 26, 2015 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
That ferris wheel ride. LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2016 10:36 PM

Aug 2009
they have such good chemistry together...

nice ferris wheel troll incident... totally tricked me there

i can watch a whole series just about these 2 instead of the main series lol

that death was wierd though... sure doesn't look like she died of her disease... suffocated?
Jan 19, 2016 1:03 AM

Jun 2010
Wow, I felt happy when she didn't fall for her death.
After that I thought she'll be hit by a car or something, while she walked on that road before fainting.
But the ending was sad and now I understand why Misaki was always so sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2016 7:37 AM

Nov 2011
As OVA, is not bad, starting with this episode, the series is much clearer and more decipherable, since we realize that the atmosphere is gloomy although there is no evidence, then there is a succession you expected spasmodic in intent to understand that premonition played by Mei, at the end of the episode was a tad with a nervous wreck. While not not so this new anime series, the work of Studio PA Works is really great, beautiful scenery and well-finished drawings, animations also not disappoint, OST catchy and fits the context.

My vote is 7.5/10.
Feb 15, 2016 9:52 PM

Aug 2015
Wow, this OVA started pretty funny. Saw the thing with the ferris wheel coming but did not expect her to survive.
May 9, 2016 10:22 PM

Oct 2013
hmmm did Mei's twin sister die bcoz of the class 3-3 curse
(pretend that one person in the class is non-existent or there is another different curse)
but Kouichi met Mei after her twin sister died or she died coz it just bound to happened?

I wonder.

"Hello."

Dec 21, 2016 4:56 PM

Nov 2016
Ova Episode 0:

Pretty interesting prequel to another (recently watched the first 4 episodes of it) we got to see Mei and her twin (the one mei told kouichi in her story) and a very lovely relation, Mei and Misaki are like the cold and the fire, one is distant and the other is cheerful, they fit together.

When Mei see something strange with her sister she knows that bad thing can happen to her sister, so she try to take care of her sister. Misaki die in bed anyway (or is killed some way by the dolls?!)

whatever, a good ova for the ones that like the anime or the novel.

4/5
ArakitoDec 21, 2016 5:00 PM
Apr 19, 2017 8:13 PM
Mar 2017
I have to say ''another'' is my favorite suspense anime of all time.
the story is great and this episode tied in perfectly and beautifully.

the relationship between the sister is wonderful it clearly tells how much they care for one another and the part where misaki thought mei was gonna die was done to the T and the part with mei getting leukemia and dieing the night afterward along with misaki's reaction I couldn't have asked for more.
this is why I love suspense anime it keeps you on your toes and leaves you bonding to the characters.
May 2, 2017 9:35 AM

Apr 2015
Sad ending. I would love it if Mei smiled more like in this OVA, too bad Misaki died.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 5, 2017 2:39 PM

Sep 2015
On his own this ova was better than the series, so I think I'll rate it higher. Still the best scene was the starting joke about doppelgangers, so... surely not a huge improvement. It's a classic to get a bit of fanservice in ovas, but still, they're not even in high school god. I can't get this seriously if in a scene there's a heartwarming dialogue between these two unlucky twins, and in the other they're rubbing their breasts.
Also, aside from the fake death scene (it was obvious she wasn't going to die, they showed her, dead in the hospital bed, in the tv series), her real death felt quite rushed. They passed from "I'm all right don't worry" to "Oh god I'm dying get me a doll" in five seconds. Yes, I knew she was going to die soon, but after 20 minutes of this quite slow pace, you can't ruin the key scene.
5/10 I think, maybe 6, at least the soundtrack did its job here.
Dec 24, 2017 1:32 PM

Oct 2015
Heartwarming but turned sappy near the end but enjoyable. I must say it was great to see Mei after last seeing her Two years ago from the series.
At the amusement park after that incident I thought she was saved but she ended collapsing after, what a sad turn of events.

6/10 from and its a pity that I will never see it again.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 22, 2018 6:38 PM
Dec 2017
This OVA answered all the questions I had and it made me fall in love with Mei's character
Apr 18, 2018 7:37 AM

Aug 2014
Really good OVA. I would have liked an OVA about Kouichi's mom and aunt, too
Oct 28, 2018 7:38 AM

Oct 2017
this was actually way sadder than i thought i'd be :(
Dec 29, 2018 1:02 PM

Jun 2016
Is this canon like what happen in novel? The only to prevent Mei sister at that point if they leave Yomiyama.Sad she doesn t know that.

Jan 4, 2019 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
glad she hadn't fallen to her death, but in a way her death was a fate much worse since it was sickness. good ova, was sadder than i expected.
May 10, 2019 8:10 AM

Dec 2018
So she could also see person that has short time left in the world.

That ferris wheel scene got me, I forgot what Misaki said in the main series.

They're just like the yin and yang, The one's energetic, the one's cooler.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 30, 2019 5:41 AM

Jun 2019
After seeing "Another", I was curious to see this special so I didn't waste any time, and that's what I thought even at the end of this unique prequel episode. Obviously in part I had imagined how the events would take place, also because it is mentioned in the anime, but it was still pleasant. While watching it, for most of the time I made a mental comparison between the mei of the episode and the Mei of the series. Capturing her personality, her attitude before, when her little sister was still alive, makes one reflect and throws a veil of sadness, thinking about how she puts himself after the story. We certainly couldn't expect horror and a lot of tension, also because here the intention was clear enough. No horror, just psychology and a bit of nostalgia. This is why I was not surprised by the absence of that devouring anxiety and that sense of imminent thrill that filled most of the previous series. In short, I can finally say that I have the complete picture of the situation. And I like it. This special remains the icing on the cake. To taste, of course.
Oct 20, 2019 4:52 PM

Nov 2008
Oof. That was pretty sad. ._. They got me with the 'GOTCHA!' Ferris wheel...I really thought Misaki would die...but then I was like 'wait, didn't they say 'illness'?

So yeah. Poor Mei.

I thought the beginning part was funny with the twins freaking the nanpa guy out; perhaps a nod to The Shining? xD (and their Lolita dresses were awesome)
They totally shoulda said 'WATASHI-TACHI TO ASOBOU?" I'd have died. xDDD

Cute but sad OVA.

Oh about the birb: BIRDS ARE RETARDED xD Seriously, they crash and die at the window at my house ALL the time...though never as bloody as that; the anime was just being edgy again with showing blood. Lol but yeah, they speed towards the windows because of the reflection of the sky/trees on the glass and they are too stupid to realize 'OOPS THERE BE GLASS HERE' and WHAM. xD
ChiibiOct 20, 2019 5:14 PM

Mar 29, 2020 8:09 AM

Aug 2018
this.. kinda weirdo.
Jun 10, 2020 4:12 AM

Mar 2016
A nice additon to the series, this ep helps if you miss out on understanding the plot. Plus the show couldn't avoid some twin fanservice haha :D
Hoped to learn more about Mei's aunt/mom , the dolls and her relationship with her.

i absolutely loved the end.
_MaeMae_Jun 10, 2020 4:15 AM
Dec 4, 2020 3:38 PM
Apr 2016
Pretty cute moe special, but of course the uneasy feeling was nonetheless present!
Feb 9, 2021 6:26 PM

Aug 2020
A story that seems simple at a first glance, but it's very meaningful to the anime's plot. The relationship between the sisters was wholesome, and the last event of this episode falls nicely to the beginning of the main story.

May 9, 2021 1:24 AM
Feb 2021
Great episode. I loved it.
Jun 18, 2021 10:16 PM

Feb 2021
Well we got to see the bright side of Mei for some time. Also that Ferris wheel scene got me lol. I really thought she was gonna die that way. Also after watching this we can feel that Mei's creepy introduction was rather sad.

Aug 11, 2021 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
The atmosphere got worse progressively throughout the episode until the end. Basically, a character set up episode acting as a direct prequel to the series. Middle part felt boring. Some great laughs with the ferris scene and one other. It's been a while since I watched the series, so maybe I'll give a rewatch.
+1 for the yuri + twincest scenes
Oct 7, 2021 6:13 PM

May 2021
Was pretty good, kind of a few times that was a bit scary.
Nov 28, 2021 11:14 AM

Mar 2019
Ouch. I don't understand, if you know that she can die anytime due to her illness, why not place a bell in her room, or have someone check up regularly, it's so weird.

Poor Misaki, so this is how it all started. I'm so happy to know the finale of Another and know that she was happy. I guess this is also the reason she didn't want to go on that ferris wheel with Kouichi.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 15, 2022 3:57 AM
Nov 2022
DAMN NO SHI SHERLOCK
Mar 14, 2023 10:08 AM

Dec 2022
Nice OVA that provides a good foundation for Misaki's withdrawn nature. To see an aura of death like that condemning your twin sister who you were close with is already harsh enough, but for it to happen so suddenly when you aren't even there must be a shock. Plenty of fun scenes in this too, like the ferris wheel fake-out, yuri bathroom groping and the prank at the start.

The main series needed more SoL moments like this, to provide more depth and personality to the characters outside of just discussing the curse.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 15, 2023 10:03 AM
Apr 2021
es un lindo detalle, un broche para la obra
Apr 19, 2023 1:44 AM

Oct 2021
It was rlly sad, when Mei's sister died which made Mei's personality completely different in the original series.

░     ❶ Profile                     ░               ❄ 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚒𝚣𝚔𝚞𝚗 ❄
  ░     ❷ Anime List          ░
Nov 18, 2023 9:40 PM

Dec 2019
That was depressing. It's just rather hard to swallow the fact that Mei went from being a rather normal, cheerful girl, to the quiet and apathetic person we see in the main anime, seemingly all of it because she foretold her twin's death.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Another 0 Promo

CuriousThing - Mar 2, 2012

19 by st_nick5 »»
Jun 12, 2012 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.