3It was OK
17.1%
2Disliked it
7.9%
1Hated it
9.2%
Average 3.8
76 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 2012 6:28 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
somewhat recap chapter on the difference between shinigami and quincies, and those difference lead to this war
May 16, 2012 6:36 AM
Jan 2012
Wtf, creating a monster from your cut off arms?

...really.
May 16, 2012 6:38 AM

Feb 2010
wild Jr Aizen appears

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
May 16, 2012 6:40 AM

Jan 2009
gbanshee said:

...really.

Why are you surprised? Thats old news.
May 16, 2012 7:04 AM

Oct 2010
bleach has no more tension, its boring :(
May 16, 2012 7:06 AM

May 2011
Merue said:
wild Jr Aizen appears

Oh yeah, I'm with you
May 16, 2012 7:11 AM
Feb 2012
I can't take Ayon seriously anymore. Those eyes are just too goofy.

Also, did we really need a whole chapter just to repeat what we already know? The only new information we got is the name of another Quincy technique or tool.
May 16, 2012 7:17 AM

Jun 2009
Merue said:
wild Jr Aizen appears

rofl, this.

So the monster can't do shit against that dude, huh? What a shocking and unexpected turn of events...
May 16, 2012 7:23 AM
Aug 2010
Merue said:
wild Jr Aizen appears

Mmhmm, Aizen dyed his hair and fooled everyone :V
May 16, 2012 7:29 AM

Mar 2012
What's next? Cutting off their dicks to bring out Sea men?

Naruto-level flashback/recap chapter...but as generic as it was, It was okay
End Zionazism
May 16, 2012 7:40 AM

May 2009
Ok Kubo, I get that you're trying to make Bleach as cliched as possible, but it's already the second time in the time span of a few chapter that a beaten up character gets up and declares that he's not dead yet. What's next? Apacchi gets up at the end of the next chapter and stabs the Quincy in the back? The Quincy pierces all of Harribel's fraccion hearts, but this activates the secret Ayon's bankai?
May 16, 2012 7:43 AM

May 2010
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
bleach has no more tension, its boring :(

Yeah I was like clicking a few times and before I knew it, finish !!
May 16, 2012 8:08 AM

Feb 2012
Aizen look-alike's history lesson had an interesting point, the war could've have been about conquest and defense.

Ichigo should go bankai and kill the quincy, he has already lived for too long and I'm curious about the blood thing.
May 16, 2012 8:10 AM

Sep 2009
Merue said:
wild Jr Aizen appears
don't be fooled bro, it's the real deal...he's just trolling ppl with his shikai :))...oh Kubo, you bastard.

Alon couldn't do shit against the angel nazi...what...a...shocker :)))))))

I'm surprised the fodder wasn't taken cared of this chapter...oh well, next ch for sure.

I wanna see the invasion on SS already QAQ
May 16, 2012 8:55 AM

Jul 2010
I was really excited and thought something unexpected going to happen. Allon is going to kill that overpowered quincy but it returned to cliche.

Merue said:
wild Jr Aizen appears

+1
May 16, 2012 9:31 AM

Apr 2011
I loved this chapter ! i thought it was really interesting ...

I just think bleach would be better monthly with at least 45 pages .... because we wait every week and not much happens .... if it was monthly at least a lot would happen every chapter ... kinda like how D.gray Man got better when it went monthly, especially the ART cause then Tite Kubo will also get more time to make the ART in bleach even better !!!!
May 16, 2012 10:15 AM

Mar 2011
Just hurry up and get Grimmjow in this joint, and save this manga's sorry ass before it falls any further... And give Urahara some action, we've barely even seen him since we got here.

I mean, really... Nice, the troll characters that we forgot about were defeated, and now their super monster that we also forgot about was also defeated. it's blatantly obvious that they were only brought back for their jiggly parts, along with Halibel that most of us have forgoten about by now... again... Not to mention that Kubo should have learned not to use the absurd maho-shoujo wing-sprouting-transformation-sequence again after that deal with Aizen... and now we have Aizen jr. himself joining the party...

I'm really sick of these over-powered bad-guys popping up out of nowhere in every manga now...

Oh, and why the hell did Kurotsuchi kill all those souls in Soul Society to offset the balance of the slaughtered Shinigami who are also from Soul Society? Am I missing something here?? Or was it to offset the Hollows that the Quicy killed... Ah... I don't know...

I really want to love Bleach the way I used to, and I'm probably being more critical than I need to be... but... !!!!!

@Startronica: Actually, I think you have a really good suggestion. I feel like Kubo-sensei is really struggling to figure out how to take the story in an appealing direction, and trying to put as little into each chapter as possible to buy time, and while the art is neat and attractive, it's still a little bland and lacking detail. A month to work over the plot and refine the art and slow down the pace for the mangaka, might actually make a better pace for the manga itself. However, I highly doubt that such a flagship series that has been in WSJ for over a decade will suddenly be moved over to SQ or some other montly JUMP publication... if they were going to do that, it would have been at the start of this arc, not in the middle of it...
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
May 16, 2012 10:23 AM

Jul 2011
Recap ? o.O
It would be better if all arrancars appear as quickly as possible.
May 16, 2012 10:51 AM

Dec 2010
Mostly just a recap of old info since the war is about to start, doesn't make the chapter more interesting but its needed i guess, tho i hope they dnt make the Quincy all OP now, even if they got stronger they still shouldn't be head and shoulders above the Shinigami

Also disagree on the concept of war, it should have been said war is fought when both sides think they are fighting for a just cause, since many times its war against tyranny, or examples like WW2 and I'm sure everyone knows there was nothing "just" about the Nazi.
May 16, 2012 11:10 AM

Aug 2010
I don't want to say it but that was a truly boring chapter. :c
Please just bring in Grimmjow, have Ichigo fight and kill the guy, and have the three girls die already.
The plot needs to move on!
Oh, can't forget about the SS invasion too.

But I must say, Ayon scared me on page 2 lol.
May 16, 2012 12:00 PM
Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Also disagree on the concept of war, it should have been said war is fought when both sides think they are fighting for a just cause, since many times its war against tyranny, or examples like WW2 and I'm sure everyone knows there was nothing "just" about the Nazi.
I think that was meant to be the implication, that wars start because both sides think they're fighting for a "just" cause and neither of them want to admit they're wrong.
May 16, 2012 12:41 PM
Jul 2011
Man, that Captain Vanderreich showed that it is hard nut to crack, not only took a beating as the Ayon still survived and recovered. I wonder how it will be their leader. It seems that in the next episode he will fight with all the power, I am anxious to see it.
May 16, 2012 12:46 PM

Dec 2009
Merue said:
wild Jr Aizen appears

That's actually Aizen. Don't you see, the villain that controlled the Arracnar and the entire soul society and Ichigo fought was just a mere illusion. Aizen has been the entire time on Soul Society.

Meh, boring chapter. Why Kubo wants to make people remember what we knew?; for a reason the internet exists.
May 16, 2012 12:47 PM

Jul 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:

Oh but there was.

May 16, 2012 12:48 PM

May 2010
What's up with you Kubo?! 1.Showing up characters about noone probably cared as some kind of badass. 2.Showing up some quincy deafiting those characters in one page to prove that's he's one TRULY strong badass. 3.Showing up defeated characters with their ultimate badass weapon. 4.KILL THEM ONCE MORE TIME TO SHOW THAT QUINCY ARE REEEEALY STRONG. I'm afraid what's coming next.
Besides, I hate that Ayon. It's creepy, don't want to see it anymore :|
That new Shinigami looks like spy/another tough badass for me. And I don't see a point of explaining Quincy vs Shinigami war once more time... I don't really understand why Kubo made those two new Shinigami as important characters? What, are they going to be new Ichigo's nakama? Or (god, hope not) they are some kind of "key" to defeat last enemy? ...Argh, I don't want to think about it anymore :<
May 16, 2012 1:14 PM

Jul 2008
Kitsu-nee said:
What's up with you Kubo?! 1.Showing up characters about noone probably cared as some kind of badass. 2.Showing up some quincy deafiting those characters in one page to prove that's he's one TRULY strong badass. 3.Showing up defeated characters with their ultimate badass weapon. 4.KILL THEM ONCE MORE TIME TO SHOW THAT QUINCY ARE REEEEALY STRONG. I'm afraid what's coming next.
That new Shinigami looks like spy/another tough badass for me. And I don't see a point of explaining Quincy vs Shinigami war once more time... I don't really understand why Kubo made those two new Shinigami as important characters? What, are they going to be new Ichigo's nakama? Or (god, hope not) they are some kind of "key" to defeat last enemy? ...Argh, I don't want to think about it anymore :<

1-Ayon was badass since day one. While he didn't budge for any of the espada, Yamamoto went out of his way to take care of Ayon himself, that's a proof of strenght.

2-That quincy was already made out to be much stronger than Ayon before he even appeared. He didn't use Ayon to make him look stronger, Ayon was most probably bring up because it would be stupid for these 3 fractions to go down before using their most powerfull ability.

3-Defeated? So when the MC is down on his knee and unable to move for a while he's been defeated? No. This is a fight to death and it doesn't before one side died ,became incapaciatated or ran away. Also it would be pretty much stupid for them not to use their strongest ability and just chose to die.

4-Just like for number 2, that quincy is already made out to be much stronger than them and it wasn't the purpose of this chapter.

According to some people in a manga we should always just see the strongest character facing the strongest opponent with an epic inexistant bgm. The weaks shouldn't ever come back and being shown because nobody obviously want to see someone weak. Fuck the story, let's just show some action and never insert any weaker character than the one presented so far because what we want is to show explosions and sword clashes.

The two new shinigami's character are there to give relief to the story, a different perspective but if you can only think that a character is important if he's strong (and vice versa) then you should open your eyes a bit.
May 16, 2012 1:28 PM

Aug 2009
Meh, just the regular Kubo-trolling..
I would have been more surprised if the enemy actually was defeated at this point.
May 16, 2012 1:36 PM
Feb 2012
Maddo_scientisto said:
According to some people in a manga we should always just see the strongest character facing the strongest opponent with an epic inexistant bgm. The weaks shouldn't ever come back and being shown because nobody obviously want to see someone weak. Fuck the story, let's just show some action and never insert any weaker character than the one presented so far because what we want is to show explosions and sword clashes.

The two new shinigami's character are there to give relief to the story, a different perspective but if you can only think that a character is important if he's strong (and vice versa) then you should open your eyes a bit.
I actually agree with this in principle. Characters are there for more than just battle and if used properly, they can make it entertaining in their own way. The problem is that characters that have been brought back and the new ones are not being used for that. Harribel's only purpose has been to show how badass the Quincy are by capturing her, her Fraccion's only purpose so far has been as power hype, Loly and Menoly (who have apparently disappeared) are just there to be there, they don't contribute anything, and the two new shinigami are so bland that you could put any other character in their place and get the same result. Nel, Pesche and (maybe) Dondochakka are the only ones to be significant so far. People aren't angry that there are more characters, they're angry because the characters are being used badly.
May 16, 2012 2:08 PM

Aug 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:

Sure, it is called World "War" 2, but the nature of the conflict was "defense" as Kajoumaru said when only one party fights for justice. I think what he's trying to say is that a true war is never that black and white. In war, everyone is a villian,
just like what Kyoraku said.
May 16, 2012 3:08 PM
Mar 2012
Merue said:
wild Jr Aizen appears
Ha, my thought, too. I hope not.
Looked a bit like Szayel, too, imo.

But really, Nazi villains? That's so last century.
May 16, 2012 3:28 PM
Apr 2011
lol again BORING I want to ask how that new guy kid became shinigami he is so stupid he acts as 10 years old kid, and what was with the
"That is to much there's no need to go that far" lol that dude is great idiot, of cores there is a need if you don't kill him, he will kill you all I hate naive people like that.
May 16, 2012 4:06 PM

May 2010
Sad to say,but this chp was boring. :{

Don't complain about the 'recap', it makes sense to go over thos things again for people who have forgot what happen with the shinigamis and quincey back then.
it is the another war between shinigamis and quincey after all.

i'm already vary tired of seeing this ugly quincy dude.
Ichigo finish him off soon. >_<
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 16, 2012 5:08 PM

Jul 2007
Kitsu-nee said:

^example of bleach fandom.

Characters die too fast < MEH THEY SHOULD STAY LONGER.
CHaracters get the time to shine < MEH THEY SHOULD HAVE DIED FASTER.

Battles are more even < MEH BORING WHY NO OVERPOWER'D STUFF?
Battles are one sides< LO LOL ITS ALWAYS ONESIDED NOW MEH SHOULD BE EVEN

Ichigo is overpowred <LOL BORING
Ichigo is equal < LOL BORING.

Ichigo fights smart < LOL HE SHOULD RUSH HEAD ON FIRST
Ichigo fights brainlessly < LOL WHY DOES HE NOT FIGHT SMART.

Seriously, there's no satisfying of some people. Some of cases are easily explained by innability to hold attention on manga for longer than five seconds unless every panel is pointless exploding of rubber people, but oh well.

InfiniteDestiny said:
Mostly just a recap of old info since the war is about to start, doesn't make the chapter more interesting but its needed i guess, tho i hope they dnt make the Quincy all OP now, even if they got stronger they still shouldn't be head and shoulders above the Shinigami

FOR that side, yes it was. People fighting in the side of nazi germany generally did believe in their ideology. Every war is a clash of ideologies.

However what I get from this is that there's more truth to the whole quincy/shinigami stuff than balance, from the way the 6th seat worded that. The way its implied, i think there's some huge secret behind the war none in SS want to openly talk about.

grandy_UiD said:
So the monster can't do shit against that dude, huh? What a shocking and unexpected turn of events...

It actually did a lot.

Kirge is bleeding, one of his wings got torn off and he IS generally near death.

It just did NOT do enough and even with that kind of damage he is a freaking beast in power. It showcases and parallels that speech of ideology.
Best example how resolve makes you lose fight is Ginjou. THis is the opposite situation. Kirge believes in his cause to a point that he does not care about the damage he got and has constant resolve and resolve = power.

gbanshee said:

...really.

somehow missed an entire karakura arc? Because you are a bit too late for that reaction.

EDIT: Would it not be nice is "Balancers" became known as "Death Gods" because of quincy massacre?
AhenshihaelMay 16, 2012 5:17 PM
May 16, 2012 5:14 PM

Mar 2009
Kajoumaru looks like Aizen.
May 16, 2012 6:18 PM

Mar 2009
Kirge and Allon wont back down easy. Allon cant think for one. Next chapter Tress Bestia might release xD power up Allon maybe.
Kirge is much higher level than any VC in FKT arc that's for sure.

Kajoumaru Hidemoto is a fishy guy. Not Aizen level but not far. Could VR have spies everywhere in SS? He might just be there as guy with information and die next chapter by some VR arrow in chest.

Why Mayuri killed souls in SS? Blame the initial Quincy hollow wipe from the start of the arc. Balance was lost and Mayuri had to fix it in some way. Since he cant recover dead souls he then went and killed some on SS side. Balance is secured.

I liked Allon rampage. Pure instinct versus resolve. He is yet to fire Cero :D

Long ago back in Arrancar arc when Ishida was fighting Chiruchi Thunderwitch he shot her in some special place that made her unable to gather reiatsu or something.

Hollow becomes powerless but is not dead. It does not go against Shinigami politics. What happens next to that Hollow / Arrancar / thing? Does it die and go to SS, does it become plus and awaits for Shinigami? Does it become human?

I want to know what is so different about VR and Ishida family.
May 16, 2012 6:39 PM

May 2009
Why does Kubo feel like bringing back all these characters nobody cares about? How is that helping move along the plot, or making the story more interesting? Doesn't he realize that it only contributes in making his precious manga lame by extending it to great, unnecessary lengths?
May 16, 2012 6:45 PM
Feb 2012
Most the chapter just retold info we knew...though...been so long I didn't mind much.
Randomn 6th seat guy lol ;o

I expected Ayon to do more..but the guy did look worn out a bit...
Still I'm expecting Ichi to kill him off ;o
May 16, 2012 6:52 PM

Dec 2011
Ayon is packing a punch, though I wish he get rid of it already, that Quincy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2012 6:59 PM

Mar 2009
It really is amazing how current Bleach is better than current Naruto at the moment. Never thought I'd say that. Kubo's been writing more dialogue chapter after chapter, which is a good thing. I liked the story about the Quincies and the Shinigami(Kubo hasn't forgotten about that), even if we're well aware of the conflict between them; it was inevitable that we'd finally get an all-out war between the two.

What did we get in Naruto this week? An excuse to draw the same scenes over and over again, thanks to another Uchiha hax. Not to mention Kishi's art is more confusing than ever. Despite Kubo's lack of backgrounds, at least reading Bleach and following the panels and composition isn't confusing.
May 16, 2012 8:19 PM

Dec 2008
Thought it was a pretty decent chapter.. A little disappointed the guy wasn't killed by Ayon, but oh well.
May 16, 2012 8:36 PM

Dec 2008
lol such a piece of shit manga. Pierced through the heart? Fuck you, I won't die.
May 16, 2012 9:48 PM

Dec 2008
Predictable outcome of the fight and some recap of the hate between the Quicy and the Shinigami... Hope next chapter is more interesting.
May 17, 2012 2:56 AM

May 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:

Well, maybe I expressed myself a bit imprecise, about those two. Of course, I think that weak characters are necessary, usually I like them as much as "overpowered" ones. But I think, that Kubo has introduced already too many characters... We have captains & vice captains + some less important Shinigamis from 13 Divisions, fullbringers (who I don't think we will seen ever again...), Ichigo's friends from school, Vizards, guys from Urahara shop... And it's supposed to be last arc. While Bleach characters are plainly likeable, I don't think we need new ones, especially when: that guy acts THE SAME as Hanatarou, they are extremely similar, and the girl is... Another annoying Tsundere, punching anyone who says that she's got flat chest. Original idea for creating new characters! Even their character-design (which is important to me) is simple and they look totally random. That's why I'd prefer Kubo to develop a little characters we already know, instead of bringing new ones ;)
Fai said:

^example of bleach fandom.

Characters die too fast < MEH THEY SHOULD STAY LONGER.
CHaracters get the time to shine < MEH THEY SHOULD HAVE DIED FASTER.

Battles are more even < MEH BORING WHY NO OVERPOWER'D STUFF?
Battles are one sides< LO LOL ITS ALWAYS ONESIDED NOW MEH SHOULD BE EVEN

Ichigo is overpowred <LOL BORING
Ichigo is equal < LOL BORING.

Ichigo fights smart < LOL HE SHOULD RUSH HEAD ON FIRST
Ichigo fights brainlessly < LOL WHY DOES HE NOT FIGHT SMART.

Seriously, there's no satisfying of some people. Some of cases are easily explained by innability to hold attention on manga for longer than five seconds unless every panel is pointless exploding of rubber people, but oh well.

Some brilliant sarcasm you have used. I don't remember writing anything like that? I have just pointed things I didn't like this week. When the begining of new arc + new enemies looks freaking awesome to me, I don't enjoy current fight, that's all :P
May 17, 2012 5:58 AM

Feb 2011

I mean...seriously? rofl
Immediately reminded me of Naruto Shippuden

An okay chapter overall.
May 17, 2012 8:28 AM

Feb 2012
I got a feeling that the new guy this chapter is Aizen's illegitimate son. Just sayin'.
May 17, 2012 4:04 PM
Aug 2010

Guys, the new Aizen is actually Tsukishima!

(Thank you http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=825830 :V)
May 17, 2012 4:07 PM
Feb 2012
Godofnerdiness said:

Guys, the new Aizen is actually Tsukishima!

(Thank you http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=825830 :V)
Of course! To get revenge on Soul Society (and Ichigo) he inserted himself into their memories so they thought he was always 6th seat!

...Okay, that made too much sense for something I came up with in 2 seconds.
May 17, 2012 5:29 PM

Jul 2010
This seriously has gone for far too long , WHEN is that guy finally gonna die?!
i was hoping this chapter was it , but no.
This guy has had enough time to show off,
I just hope, Just Hope, that, PLEASE Kubo doesn't put a flashback of that guy's "sad" past when he is defeated.
Kubo always does that, trying to make us feel sorry for the villains.
We are suppose to DETEST the villain, not feel sorry for them!!
I hope Kubo learns that someday.
May 18, 2012 6:39 AM

Jul 2009
Merue said:
wild Jr Aizen appears

My thoughts exactly O_o
May 18, 2012 11:37 AM
Mar 2009
Recap of old info, bleh...

So that thing can wreck that Quincy up that badly but Ichigo could not? Okay.

Seems like he's about to go all, "Second release!" up in there.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.