Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2012 11:24 PM

May 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ticy gives a short angry victory speech that's met with confusion but eventual applause.

Satellizer and Kazuya pass by Ticy and congratulate her. She gives them the pass by ignore treatment followed with a dark ominous passing comment.

The crew visit Arnette in the hospital. they're half bickering and lamenting their fate back to being second place at Genetics again. Much like Elizabeth was to Chiffon before.

After Arnette is released she looks for Ticy. Ticy is quietly sitting in the theater watching old class movies of the seniors with Chiffon and Elizabeth. It's painfully obvious she's hurting real bad and Arnette catches this.

Afterward, Arnette trying to act playful towards Ticy. Ticy still is in "stone face mode" but it's obvious now that she's really in pain underneath. It seems like Arnette is going to keep trying to reach Ticy. I guess that remains for the next volume.
May 23, 2012 8:26 PM

Mar 2008
Mmmm just a bit of comment on the above. The speech in the beginning is not an angry victory speech IMHO, instead, it's an authoritative speech as she said as the new student president, she will see to it that the West Genetics will be the best academy.

I don't know if the next "volume" is coming anytime soon since the ending authors' comment says this wraps up the first part of the story (like season 1?)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2012 1:11 AM
Jan 2012
Chasekun said:
Mmmm just a bit of comment on the above. The speech in the beginning is not an angry victory speech IMHO, instead, it's an authoritative speech as she said as the new student president, she will see to it that the West Genetics will be the best academy.

I don't know if the next "volume" is coming anytime soon since the ending authors' comment says this wraps up the first part of the story (like season 1?)

Sooo. Something like they'll stop for a while or something? I really want to see how things around Ticy is going to...turn?
May 27, 2012 8:23 PM
Aug 2011
Elone said:
Chasekun said:

Sooo. Something like they'll stop for a while or something? I really want to see how things around Ticy is going to...turn?

Now I'm curious how this will be....
Jun 5, 2012 8:55 PM

Jul 2009
Wow Ticy sure has changed. Not really a good change imo, as she's approaching this all wrong, but with her previous personality, I'm not surprised. Well she's still cool in her own weird way.

But man, Freezing sure has changed. I'm glad wimpy male lead is no longer the focus (even though he never has been really). But damn, THESE PAST FEW CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN AWESOME.
KurogashiJun 5, 2012 9:05 PM
Jun 5, 2012 9:08 PM

Jun 2010
I thought she would be exactly like Chiffon. Cold blooded on the inside, sweet on the outside.......that is not the case with Ticy. Well somewhat, but only when she's alone. She acts cold outside and inside in front of people.

Jun 5, 2012 10:30 PM

Jan 2010
I guess thats why her and Chiffon were such good friends they are exact oposites. (they say oposite attract)

I get they Ticy wants to inforce her power and all so she pretty much threatens Stella BUT if everyone forgot Stella did fight toe to toe with the same person she just beat up at the very begining of freezing.

Stella has gotten stronger since then and she did damage Chiffon before she went all out. So dont think you can easily take her out too. Punshment my ass.

I dont like how this manga has so many people who become full of themselves after they barely do anything.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Jun 6, 2012 12:28 AM

May 2011
Looks like there will be a second part. I don't know if it takes long or not.
Jun 6, 2012 2:27 AM

Nov 2011
13man18 said:
I thought she would be exactly like Chiffon. Cold blooded on the inside, sweet on the outside.......that is not the case with Ticy. Well somewhat, but only when she's alone. She acts cold outside and inside in front of people.

Yeah that's for sure but i hope Satella won't get into trouble from now on XD
Jun 6, 2012 4:31 AM

Jan 2009
Ticy is better when she smiles i hope we see that again, but please author do not make Ticy smile again just for the signal of her death flag though lol
Jun 6, 2012 4:45 AM
Jan 2012
SilentTruth said:
Looks like there will be a second part. I don't know if it takes long or not.

If I'm not wrong the second part already started with the Valkyrie Project - You can check it out in Freezing: Zero :'D. They said something about this project.
Awesome. Ticy is definitely become my favorite character from now. Before it was Chiffon.. but unfortunately, she passed away :(.
Short battler but enough to show off her monstrous strength x3.
Jun 6, 2012 5:10 AM

Feb 2012
I guess it's good to see that there there is still a part of the old Ticy but man, she changed a lot.

Chiffon went easy on Stella, you can't even compare them, that's just how strong she was and Ticy has been with her all the time and trained like hell, she would destroy Stella.

Freezing: Zero is a spin-off and a prequel, no way the Freezing story is going to continue there.

Im Dal Young is quite a bastard, end of part one haha, the Koreans have that thing with seasons, we can expect major developments.
Jun 6, 2012 8:57 AM

Jan 2012
Chiffon died but Amelia lived? i rather chose Amelia die, than Chiffon...
Jun 6, 2012 1:08 PM

Feb 2011
Yeah...they basically picked up their predecessor's role, Ticy will be the boss and Arnette will just sit in the background.
Jun 6, 2012 6:15 PM
Oct 2010
wtf end of part 1? is freezing Pt 2 next? when omg want to know what happens next. shit was win. cant wait to see satella mop the flooor with ticy
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 6, 2012 8:09 PM

Aug 2011
I can't understand why Ticy thinks acting like that would make Chiffon happy. Now Ticy is never smiling...someone needs to beat some sense into her though. Preferable Stella.
Jun 7, 2012 5:41 AM

Feb 2012
Just a thought:
It is entirely possible that Ticy blames the other Pandoras for Chiffon's death, if they were stronger, she might not have died. She could want them to be the strongest Pandoras in the world, so that no one of them would need to die.
Jun 7, 2012 8:07 AM
Jan 2011
13man18 said:

- at first i thought so shell be like Chiffon too,but she is much more sensitive than Chiffon - her role as a leader would surely be impossible with that kind of personality because she just always is afraid to act and sacrifice

- you could say Ticy is the opposite of Chiffon yeah (metaphorically), but its not that Chiffon was cold inside at all - she didnt want to get hurt, so she made a thick armour of smiles to be unreachable - in other words, she was warm inside and cold outside - it was that much more terrifying that she looked warm outside (the smiles), but it was in fact an act to not show that she is cold outside to hide the warmth inside

Ticy finally truly wants to fulfill her wishes and she understands now she has to do something to fulfill them
yeah it looks like she doesnt act on emotions and ignores even her friends , but this is not really true, yes, she doesnt even say hello to people now, because for her this is the only way now

if she acted nice just once, it would destroy her by reverting back, sadness, guilt and loneliness would kill her for sure

because she wants to be most effective leader, she traded the friendships for ability to lead effective and get results, but the old self is still there somewhere in the tiny dark corner of her persona

i told myself the only thing she needs to do to be complete is to shed tears... (to prove the above) and as i expected - it happened, im glad for that moment she was watching the videos and im very glad Arnette saw that, now there is someone who truly understands her

i like the parallel between Chiffon-Elisabeth and Ticy-Arnett too and no matter how discontent i might be about Chiffon-Elisabeth gone this is truly great developement

also its clear now that similarly as Elisabeth respected Chiffon, it went both ways and
now since Arnett respects Ticy too, im waiting for this to get both ways too, but i dont expect this to happen that easily, Ticy would have to realize that the complete ignorance of other people's feelings is not necessary to be the true leader (or is it?) - this will not be easy and yeah just like someone above said, i think it will be Satellizer beating it into her...

LuffyVsNaruto said:

Stella has gotten stronger since then and she did damage Chiffon before she went all out. So dont think you can easily take her out too. Punshment my ass.

- hah yeah, im sure lots of people felt like this too, me included
- but i liked what she said - it shows she is determined enough to go against her own principles just to get results - in other words, now, for her, the ends justify the means, and she showed this in that moment with Stella

j0x said:
Ticy is better when she smiles i hope we see that again, but please author do not make Ticy smile again just for the signal of her death flag though lol

- yeah the smile would be the symbol of the peak of her happiness for her kind of character, but now this changed - the symbol of the peak are tears and we got it already, i think there is only one situation she'd cry right now in- when she reverts to her old self in memories of Chiffon

maybe it was not emphasized enough how much she sacrificed - the most important thing she did was to abandon her own ideals , for someone like her that must have beed truly difficult

what i dont like about characters like old Ticy is that they live in their own little world of kindness and dont realize how stupid and weak they are, i always kinda hope for transformation - something like what just happened, so my fandom of her skyrocketed
so to get back to your reply: i like her better now

Striderfang said:
I can't understand why Ticy thinks acting like that would make Chiffon happy. Now Ticy is never smiling...someone needs to beat some sense into her though. Preferable Stella.

she thinks so because she wants to show Chiffon that she can do great on her own and that she will lead those around her where Chiffon wanted, she realized she is not strong enough to do it
her determination wouldnt be enough for her to lead - the way she was, but it was enough to make her change herself

Zhou said:
Just a thought:
It is entirely possible that Ticy blames the other Pandoras for Chiffon's death, if they were stronger, she might not have died. She could want them to be the strongest Pandoras in the world, so that no one of them would need to die.

THAT, is a nice theory, but she is too kind for that kind of thought

still for me, the most interesting and shocking to observe is her interaction with other people, i want to know if someone will be able to get through the act and reach her and make her warm up even if its just in the presence of that single person, she could use a friend who understands her right now, but it appears she forces herself to the opposite, i really wanted Arnett to at least say that "i know what you are doing" but we only got "im fine like this"
id really like Ticy to acknowledge Arnett acknowledging Ticy, untill she wont - she will come off as a hypocrite, but she just needs some time to figure that out

all in all, awesome development, this couldnt be better
Jun 8, 2012 4:43 AM

Nov 2009
I can't say I like the way Ticy changed.
Jun 17, 2012 12:48 AM

Nov 2011
I think those painful memories of Chiffon will eventually hit her nerves.
Sep 16, 2016 4:54 PM

May 2015
Kurogashi said:
Wow Ticy sure has changed. Not really a good change imo, as she's approaching this all wrong, but with her previous personality, I'm not surprised. Well she's still cool in her own weird way.
QFTW

Striderfang said:
I can't understand why Ticy thinks acting like that would make Chiffon happy. Now Ticy is never smiling...someone needs to beat some sense into her though.
This...

sspit said:
Still for me, the most interesting and shocking to observe is her interaction with other people, i want to know if someone will be able to get through the act and reach her and make her warm up even if its just in the presence of that single person, she could use a friend who understands her right now, but it appears she forces herself to the opposite, i really wanted Arnett to at least say that "i know what you are doing" but we only got "im fine like this"
I hope Arnett get through her but that is why I think Mangaka-san dropped the ball with the relationship between Limiters and Pandoras because aside from Arnett her limiter is supposed to be the one who is more in touch with her knowing all that she had to endure and sacrifice to become the person facade she is now. I know this new arc is starting but by what Mangaka-san has done previously with Limiters & Pnaodras interactions so far I won’t expect too much...
Aug 11, 2023 1:33 PM
Aug 2023
Amazing and hot lol

More topics from this board

» Chances of the manga being continued?

KhGojo - Oct 6, 2023

3 by removed-user »»
Jan 7, 6:37 PM

» whats the update of the story is it even close to ending?

deg - May 4, 2020

7 by Sene0 »»
Jan 26, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Freezing Chapter 50 Discussion

KaminaKai - Sep 10, 2010

34 by RdArchfiend »»
Jan 13, 2023 4:17 PM

» Any updates?

ModusOperandi - Nov 10, 2022

1 by KryoticSyn »»
Dec 15, 2022 11:59 PM

Poll: » Freezing Chapter 46 Discussion

KaminaKai - Sep 10, 2010

38 by HexzaGon »»
Dec 21, 2021 8:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.