Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2012 12:59 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It actually came. Toki is able to see two turns ahead. Unfortunately, it is in vain as Teru continues to plow ahead while Toki is at the point of exhaustion.

We finally get to hear a bit about Shindouji's story though, which is nice.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
May 13, 2012 8:25 AM

Oct 2009
Oh, God, Teru...
Looks like the semi-finals match will end in Teru's hand.

Latest Score:
白糸台 Shiraitodai - 201500
千里山女子 Senriyama - 85000
阿知賀女子 Achiga - 61200
新道寺女子 Shindouji - 52300

Is Teru aiming to get a Parenchan (Consecutive dealer wins = auto yakuman) ?
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
May 13, 2012 12:16 PM
Apr 2012
This been translated yet or you guys reading the raws?

If its the raws fancy sending me pm with a link i cant be bothered sifting through /a/ for a thread.
May 14, 2012 8:11 AM

Oct 2009
Raws.
Good luck finding the complete one...
Translation should be out in few days...
Or you could look at 4chan's saki's /u/ thread... lots of part from ch 10 posted (at least you don't miss Teru's moment of awesomeness).
May 14, 2012 11:17 AM
Apr 2012
shizuru1412 said:
Raws.
Good luck finding the complete one...
Translation should be out in few days...
Or you could look at 4chan's saki's /u/ thread... lots of part from ch 10 posted (at least you don't miss Teru's moment of awesomeness).

Cool i saw a few of the pages on 4chan but to be honest might as well wait till the translations are out.
May 14, 2012 1:06 PM

Oct 2009
jwbhoy said:

Cool i saw a few of the pages on 4chan but to be honest might as well wait till the translations are out.

Yw.
Few more days for Saki 97 raws to be out too... Hopefully something actually happen in the new chapter...

Fun possibility:

Toki is a pervert?

I mean, when she fainted the last thing she saw is Ryuuka's thighs, and now Ryuuka's boobs is the first thing she sees when she wakes up. :D

Definitely fueled up my RyuuToki needs. :3
May 14, 2012 7:51 PM

Oct 2009
Btw, Is it just me or the current semi-finals match's condition is similar to the one 10 years ago?

Parallels? Wait, I mean, de ja vu?

The one where Achiga has to fight vs Sukoyan's school (From West Tokyo, since Rinkai's been representative for East Tokyo for 15 years... up to now)

Achiga vs Sukoyan's school : Harue traumatized.
Achiga vs Shiraitodai : Kuro TERRUMATIZED. :D

I wonder if Sukoyan will point it out somehow...
So Sukoyan's power levels (>=/<=?) Teru's power levels... In a way... Probably similar... Maybe they both just Slaughtering like monsters (pulls out Yakumans?)
May 15, 2012 5:49 AM

Jul 2009
shizuru1412 said:
I wonder if Sukoyan will point it out somehow...
So Sukoyan's power levels (>=/<=?) Teru's power levels... In a way... Probably similar... Maybe they both just Slaughtering like monsters (pulls out Yakumans?)

She has already told Kouko that Shiraitodai is much stronger than her school was 10 years ago.
May 15, 2012 10:18 AM

Jun 2009
Oh my god Teru stop it!
May 15, 2012 11:01 AM

Aug 2008
OMG. Toki overexerted herself can slow Teru down a little, but now it miserably backfires.

Now Teru holds her rights to call as many rounds as she wants.
Toki is no more. I can only hope she will not faint before it ends.
Kuro? What can she possibly do?
The best I can count on is Shindouji who will not let the game end in Senpou.

Just look at Toki now is painful.
May 15, 2012 12:34 PM

Jan 2012
KaitoDash said:
OMG. Toki overexerted herself can slow Teru down a little, but now it miserably backfires.

Now Teru holds her rights to call as many rounds as she wants.
Toki is no more. I can only hope she will not faint before it ends.
Kuro? What can she possibly do?
The best I can count on is Shindouji who will not let the game end in Senpou.

Just look at Toki now is painful.

I'm so sorry for Toki. Kuro may complete her only hand to stop Teru, but she need to complete it quickly.

Teru is scary. Oo

shizuru1412 said:

Achiga vs Sukoyan's school : Harue traumatized.
Achiga vs Shiraitodai : Kuro TERRUMATIZED. :D

I'm also TERRUMATIZED now. ><'
May 15, 2012 2:52 PM

Sep 2010
Toki's first time!!
Someone needs to stop her or Toki is gonna die ;-;
Teru is such a monster.
May 15, 2012 5:55 PM

Nov 2007
YOU CANNOT STOP IT! TERU TIME IS NOT UP YET!

Toki managed to stop the last dealership but its now down and out for the game. It now all falls in the hands of Kuro to pull some kind of miraculous win to end the first game. I mean she HAS to do something in the end....right?
May 15, 2012 8:05 PM

Jul 2008
game8910 said:

Toki managed to stop the last dealership but its now down and out for the game. It now all falls in the hands of Kuro to pull some kind of miraculous win to end the first game. I mean she HAS to do something in the end....right?

No.
Actually I still think that this match will start with Teru and will end with Teru. That 'I can't possibly get under 0 since it's my power' sounded to me like something to make Teru stand out and look even stronger when it'll actually happen. That is common pratice in shounen.

I still beleive that Teru will go in Parenchan and will destroy everything in her path leaving everyone powerless. Achiga will luck out with second place and will make it to final alongside Shiraitodai.
The parallel is there with what happened 10 years ago but there's more than that. Harue said it before the national, they are definitively mentally stronger than she was in the past. They aren't as strong as demon but they can look at a demon in the eye while still having the will to fight back. Teru stomping on them like if she was walking on grass will provide the right motivation for them to train and fight properly in the final (Which is like the next day and we know that in Saki a night of training can do wonders).

Achiga is much weaker than Kiyosumi and Shiraitodai but that's exactly their advantage. The final will be a table where demons and gods goes at each other's throats. If Achiga play defensively and strike only when the opportunity arise, they can take down a surrounded and occupied demon.
May 16, 2012 1:58 AM

Jan 2009
Oh god poor Toki is dying there. ;_;
Really curious how Kuro will bring Achiga to second place before Teru's done with them, though at this point the odds are not looking good.
May 16, 2012 9:10 AM

May 2011
Damn toki is a damn beast. I think her powers are too OP. Someone has to stop her. I hope we get to see a little of the back story of teru and saki in here, since the main story is still stuck in semi finals and it seems like this side is progressing much faster than the main one.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 16, 2012 9:48 AM

Jul 2008
Kiev said:
Damn toki is a damn beast. I think her powers are too OP. Someone has to stop her. I hope we get to see a little of the back story of teru and saki in here, since the main story is still stuck in semi finals and it seems like this side is progressing much faster than the main one.

I think you meant Teru in your first sentece.
Teru + Saki flashback will be in the main manga in the final round as the two manga are build to be readable as standalone (Even though it's highly recommended to read both). Having flashback from character that aren't even worthy of being called secondary character would feel weird. Saki and Teru developement will be then left for the original manga.

The Saki manga is stuck in quarter final and will advance into semi-final after this match. As for Achiga this is the first round of the semi-final so basically Achiga is barely ahead of Saki and the rounds are starting to get much longer in Achiga.

Though I think that the semi-final will finish with Teru so Achiga manga will probably get a good way ahead the Saki manga.
May 19, 2012 9:49 PM

Apr 2010
Teru must be a sadist, to keep going even she has broken 200,000 points and more than 100,000 points ahead of the others. That's why I love her <3 (But I do dislike the fact that she always disown Saki as her little sister)

I hope Toki will be okay. She doesn't look like she could go on much farther. I am starting to think that the Vanguard match--or even the semi-finals for Achiga--will end with Toki collapsing out of exhaustion with either Senriyama or Achiga in second.

Poor Shindouij's Hanada, being the sacrificial lamb for her team. Pretty heartless for her teamates to do that, but with Champion Teru out on Vanguard, I supposed it couldn't be helped. Her optimism is refreshing, I'll give her that.

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
May 19, 2012 10:26 PM

Apr 2011
Now i have this feeling that Teru is going to keep going crazy and finish the game by attacking Toki (i mean shes basically useless now :P) and Kuro's school is going to get lucky and fall into second. Ahaha, well there goes all chances of kuro getting a powerup and changing things around.
May 19, 2012 10:29 PM

Jul 2008
Rand0mless said:
Teru must be a sadist, to keep going even she has broken 200,000 points and more than 100,000 points ahead of the others. That's why I love her <3 (But I do dislike the fact that she always disown Saki as her little sister)

I hope Toki will be okay. She doesn't look like she could go on much farther. I am starting to think that the Vanguard match--or even the semi-finals for Achiga--will end with Toki collapsing out of exhaustion with either Senriyama or Achiga in second.

Poor Shindouij's Hanada, being the sacrificial lamb for her team. Pretty heartless for her teamates to do that, but with Champion Teru out on Vanguard, I supposed it couldn't be helped. Her optimism is refreshing, I'll give her that.

I think that Toki will be able to hold on until the match end but she's in a state where she can't do anything anymore. Kuro is still useless and so is Hanada.
In these condition I think it wouldn't be streched out if Teru just parenchan her way to victory with Achiga lucking out with second place.

That new power "I can't possibly get my point under 0 since it's my power" sound more like fodder material to make Teru stand out even stronger when it'll happen
May 20, 2012 12:43 AM

Jul 2009
Maddo_scientisto said:
That new power "I can't possibly get my point under 0 since it's my power" sound more like fodder material to make Teru stand out even stronger when it'll happen

Anyone remember when Yuuki proudly claimed she wanted to end Kiyosumi's second national round in her battle (dropping one team below 0)? I think Kobayashi was teasing us that it actually was possible by having Teru so close to doing just that.
May 20, 2012 7:18 AM

Oct 2009
arsonal said:

Anyone remember when Yuuki proudly claimed she wanted to end Kiyosumi's second national round in her battle (dropping one team below 0)? I think Kobayashi was teasing us that it actually was possible by having Teru so close to doing just that.

Ah, Yuuki.
That quarter-finals actually made me go LOL since Yuuki at the end lost 'only' 100 points (major improvement here Yuuki, and that Parenchan was Koromo's idea), and she 'only' got Demon Jindai twice on the same table (... direct hit sanbaiman ;.; )
Would be cool if she could actually do it, but I wanna see... I dunno, other school member's play too, especially Shiraitodai. Yes, I'm dying to see them play, even just 1 hand per person shown.... ;.;
Btw, I have this nagging suspicion that Teru change position to Senpou so she could play against Toki, I mean Last year (Summer and Spring) Tourney she's Taishou (proof: Touka ep 25, and Toki never play against Teru until now - Toki joins Senriyama at Spring, bringing their rank up to no 2)
... God, I wonder how this match will be... And Teru's Poker- I mean Mahjong face is just awesome. :3
arsonal said:

She has already told Kouko that Shiraitodai is much stronger than her school was 10 years ago.

But only her school in general.
And we all know that West Tokyo produces second string player other than Shiraitodai (Sukoyan's school didn't even get stated), and of course, the awesome, one, and only, Grand Master Kokaji Sukoya.... And she was surprised that her friends came at that extra chapter (suspicion = none of her team mates made it into pro)
So basically ... Kokai Pro > Jindai last year, but she managed to bring her whole school to win Tourney- even though from trashy region. I seriously want to know how much point difference she made, so her team mates won't screw up.
Well, as expected from someone who have won lots of mahjong titles... Titles is different from normal tourney btw.
Teru still have Sumire, and this year they got Wai Wai Awai.
Isn't Kokaji stated that Shiraitodai is at the strongest this year? :3
Rand0mless said:

Subara-chan... ; . ;
When I first hear her ability I bet most people think that her ability is shitty.. and useless... I guess that's why she was so glad someone/her team found use of her ability, but still... ; . ;
If anything, Taishou Match would be a blast, We have Shindouji's strongest member (as Taishou, although I wonder why their Buchou is Fukushou- I guess she's not Ace this year), Awai, and Ryuuka (Senriyama's Buchou, who also make it to regulars on her 2nd year) and Shizuno (whom I don't care about)
... Oh well.
About Teru and Saki.. I always thought Teru plays mahjong so that Saki could find/chase after her... She made that statement so Saki could become stronger? She usually is a timid girl... And Teru was blushing on BD ep 25 preview... but then so is most girls, lol.
Here, have some- a 2chan's TELTEL. :3

What's not to love from Shiraitodai's Teru? XD
Oohoshi_AwaiMay 20, 2012 7:22 AM
May 20, 2012 8:04 AM

Oct 2009
Maddo_scientisto said:

The parallel is there with what happened 10 years ago but there's more than that. Harue said it before the national, they are definitively mentally stronger than she was in the past. They aren't as strong as demon but they can look at a demon in the eye while still having the will to fight back. Teru stomping on them like if she was walking on grass will provide the right motivation for them to train and fight properly in the final (Which is like the next day and we know that in Saki a night of training can do wonders).

Achiga is much weaker than Kiyosumi and Shiraitodai but that's exactly their advantage. The final will be a table where demons and gods goes at each other's throats. If Achiga play defensively and strike only when the opportunity arise, they can take down a surrounded and occupied demon.

But Kiyosumi's training camp is not just one night, and they got pro to help 'em... And Nagano's players are exceptional.

Oh, and no no hell no.
Achiga win the tournament?
Then you are outright dismissing Jindai who (as Miyamori's coach stated) targeted the weakest player (on this term Kuro) with her Nine Gates.
Two Monsters in the table who can pull nine gates?
Oh well, good luck, Kuro.
With your handicap, you're even worse than Yuuki, who could at least pull out a win (at first had, since Teru needs to use her Shoumekyou, and Yuuki... she usually get East on her first time - I mean, oh well... First round.)
Your doras might safe you since for all dora indicators not to be ONE of a suit is hard.
I don't know if her powers will work against Goddess Tier (Jindai) x3

Since Mihirogi/Eri didn't get to commentate of Side A semifinals, I wonder if they'll commantate side B - cough - Kiyosumi/Rinkai side - cough -Almost forgot to mention I totally LOVED Sukoyan/Kouko announcer duo.

Oh and their outfit is different from: When they're commentating Rinkai's Perfectural Final, Tournament Ladder, OP, and Rinkai's Quarter Finals...
I wonder if we'll get them to commentate... on Finals.
That would be totally awesome.

Oh and lol @ Teru getting Toki's first time. :3
I feel kind of bad for Ryuuka, still... xD
I wonder if someone started to ship Teru/Toki...
May 21, 2012 6:49 AM

Feb 2008
Teru is a great player but what I don't like about her that she act that she don't have any sister, but she must have a reason for that.

Well yeah Toki looks really aweful I hope she won't collapse or something.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 23, 2012 12:14 PM

Nov 2009
Maddo_scientisto said:
game8910 said:

No.
Actually I still think that this match will start with Teru and will end with Teru. That 'I can't possibly get under 0 since it's my power' sounded to me like something to make Teru stand out and look even stronger when it'll actually happen. That is common pratice in shounen.

I still beleive that Teru will go in Parenchan and will destroy everything in her path leaving everyone powerless. Achiga will luck out with second place and will make it to final alongside Shiraitodai.

Actually, I also think that Kuro will be the one who end this match with her first and only win (with a big hand (24000+ or Yakuman) too!) The hints are all around. As for how she'll do it, that will be a surprise prepared by author.

Believe me, Kuro will be the one to stop Teru. Teru cannot continue to win forever or game will never end, and it's unlikely that any of school's score will drop below zero as the match need to be continue untill the last player. Someone has to stopTeru to end the round anyway.

[Toki can't do anything anymore] is a hint that someone else will have to step into Toki place to stop Teru and the most suitable person is Kuro. Kuro may also get some help from Kirame and Toki if they see that Kuro has a chance to stop Teru.

...and Remember: The Her/heroine always pull out a surprise at the time you least expect. This always happen in anime/manga. Saki universe is not exception!

So, believe in KURO and ACHIGA!

P.S. You might notice that I seem to root for Kuro/Achiga a lot ,but for me, I want to see an underdog team surprise everyone. It will be more fun to read/watch. Just like when Kiyosumi beated Ryumonbushi.

Achiga, you don't need to win a tournament, just do something that make everyone remember your name!
May 23, 2012 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
Marina2 said:
Maddo_scientisto said:
game8910 said:

No.

Actually, I also think that Kuro will be the one who end this match with her first and only win (with a big hand (24000+ or Yakuman) too!) The hints are all around. As for how she'll do it, that will be a surprise prepared by author.

Believe me, Kuro will be the one to stop Teru. Teru cannot continue to win forever or game will never end, and it's unlikely that any of school's score will drop below zero as the match need to be continue untill the last player. Someone has to stopTeru to end the round anyway.

[Toki can't do anything anymore] is a hint that someone else will have to step into Toki place to stop Teru and the most suitable person is Kuro. Kuro may also get some help from Kirame and Toki if they see that Kuro has a chance to stop Teru.

...and Remember: The Her/heroine always pull out a surprise at the time you least expect. This always happen in anime/manga. Saki universe is not exception!

So, believe in KURO and ACHIGA!

P.S. You might notice that I seem to root for Kuro/Achiga a lot ,but for me, I want to see an underdog team surprise everyone. It will be more fun to read/watch. Just like when Kiyosumi beated Ryumonbushi.

Achiga, you don't need to win a tournament, just do something that make everyone remember your name!

Yes Teru can continue to win as much as she want and she can end the match. With the score difference (with some school under 50 000), it's likely that she could do it, especially since she seem to aim for parenchan.

From your 8th win in a row, every hand (even the lowest 1k point hand) become a kazoe-yakuman and as a dealer that's either 48 000 if she ron someone or 16 000 everyone if she tsumo... points drop incredibly fast when every hand she makes got this values.

Achiga will lose the tournament, the whole point of the manga isn't to show off a team that will win, it's to develop the 4th team that'll make it to national as well as showing off Teru's strenght.
We don't have to see the whole Shiraitodai team play in this spin off, that would be like watching the last boss fight before he does against the hero of the story. We need surprise in the Saki manga especially since we know the Achiga team, Kiyosumi team and we will learn about Rinkai in the semi-final of the Saki manga.
Shiraitodai is the last veil of mystery and surprise the Saki manga could have and knowing what the whole team can do would be like knowing every single move the last boss could do which is like ... less entertaining.

Also the idea of Kuro stopping Teru could happenn but if it does it will probably be a stroke of luck.
May 23, 2012 3:49 PM

Oct 2009
Speaking of Toki, I read it somewhere that the translation of the Three Armies ability is kinda wrong...
There's this anon that said - Toki is referring that without her awesome future Toki Time power her skill level is just as good as a back up player... = Senriyama is in an even more trouble than Shindouji.

三軍 = Sub Prime Armies? = San Chun (Is it written on Japanese or Chinese Kanji)?

I still want Teru does Chuuren Pooto (the magical 1112345678999 - and 1 more on the same suit) than normal Parenchan. Which is hard to make if Kuro is on the table = cos to make the dora indicators (yes I mean all 8 including ura dora) not one of the suit is hard, because all of them will go to Kuro. >.>

Gah. So we'll have two players on table who can do Chuuren Pooto (assuming Eisui goes through) Jindai and Teru.

Good luck for other senpous, Jindai normally target the weakest player by them, so no direct hit to Teru. XD
May 24, 2012 9:39 PM

Oct 2009
arsonal said:

Please do note that Kokaji pro has modest and downridden nature... I mean, she's got at least 8 titles before 20s. >:D But then again, that's cos I'm a Kokaji-pro fangirl... just my 2 cents. She should got her own story: Kokaji - hen, Mahjong Demon, but that's pushing too much and I just want Saki S2 done. >.>
Finals when?

On another note...
Hang in there Toki!!!!
Just defend. = Nothing could go wrong. Unless Teru specifically targets her....
May 24, 2012 11:01 PM

Jul 2008
Oohoshi_Awai said:
arsonal said:

Please do note that Kokaji pro has modest and downridden nature... I mean, she's got at least 8 titles before 20s. >:D But then again, that's cos I'm a Kokaji-pro fangirl... just my 2 cents. She should got her own story: Kokaji - hen, Mahjong Demon, but that's pushing too much and I just want Saki S2 done. >.>
Finals when?

On another note...
Hang in there Toki!!!!
Just defend. = Nothing could go wrong. Unless Teru specifically targets her....

There's just a slight misunderstanding.
Pro aren't the allmighty players you think they are or rather it's because they are 'pro' that they are good. They are just player that earn a living from playing mahjong, people recognised for their skills and do it as a profession but I thought that one thing was made clear since S1 of Saki: Age does not matter.

When Kokaji said that Teru was much stronger than she is, she meant it. Toki, Touka, Koromo, most people in the national are people that are in league with these pro, they just doesn't do it as a profession (Obviously because they are still in school) but will be scouted the moment they graduate.
Teru wipe her ass with everyone and Saki will become on par with Teru (Because she isn't yet) by the time she'll reach the final.
Kokaji is long outdated just like 99.999% of the mahjong player worldwide.

Logic step to reaching that conclusion
-> Pro match, being a much bigger selling point than your usual highschool girl match (since it's a big business) probably air on TV just like any national sport in your country
->In those TV matches, pro player must display their ability on TV everyday
->If said ability was as strong as you make it sound, they would become the standard as what is strong,
->People goes as far as calling Saki and Teru demons, their ability (Alongside many monster we've seen so far) is regarded as so ridiculously strong that it defy logic, it isn't something people are used to see and it isn't something most people recognise as more than luck.
->Saki and Teru are probably some of the strongest mahjong player ever.

Alternative
->Some super power aura happened in the world 16 years ago and affected all pregnant mother giving their child super abilities since the new generation is vastly superior to the last in every single aspect.

We can hardly see any new super power that are stronger than the one presented (What next, a loli that get many tenhou in a row? Would be invincible). Nowaday's highschool monster are stronger than pro.
May 25, 2012 7:17 AM

Oct 2009
Oh, btw, there will be extra chapter for Achiga hen.
I just want to see the conclusion of Senpou match damn iiiiiiit!!!

Just wait until we actually see her plays. She didn't compete much cos she dislike mindfucking her opponents, lol. You can't get crushed easily when playing mahjong (except when two players head bump you, one with dealer baiman and one baiman at least, like a certain match at Tenhou I'm on - I ron that person- feeling bad - save screen shot for the lulz) or except you're Akado, who think she's just that good.

Oh, and implying Kokaji-pro weak. Way over the line, man. >.>
Her world rank : 973 (without playing much in competition concerning world ranks) : Mahjong players: over 100 million people. Top 1000 is not THAT bad.

Well, Saki back then didn't do too well against Fujita, and Fujita didn't even believe on supernatural (doesn't have supernatural powers?), but did know of people who is loved by the tiles, and Koromo's Iishanten Hell.
And she's using trap (Reversal Queen)
You can say that Fujita is parallel to Himematsu's Atago Hiroe, who is pretty badass normal, Himematsu's Ace/Suushou? and does well on the individuals, not as good at Kei-chan, though..

... Oh and only strongest/well known players get nickname, Like Choe - The God of Wind.
Now waiting patiently for her to play - probably like Hatsumi's, but even more hax? Which bring me question on how Eisui will advance, since Kasumi has weak spot on her ability, but since Komaki hasn't shown Nine Gates yet, so...

Curse the long waiting time for release... Now reading those Biyori manga chapters... *sulks*

Interesting fact:
天江衣(Amae Koromo)
宮永照(Miyanaga Teru)
大星淡(Oohoshi Awai)
神代小蒔(Jindai Komaki)
→「天照大神」(Amaterasu Oomikami)

All Star Japan Team + Saki? :D
Oohoshi_AwaiMay 25, 2012 6:04 PM
May 25, 2012 10:39 PM

Nov 2009
Maddo_scientisto said:
Shiraitodai is the last veil of mystery and surprise the Saki manga could have and knowing what the whole team can do would be like knowing every single move the last boss could do which is like ... less entertaining

I think opposite. It will be better idea to show what can every member of Shiratodai do right now ,so that the final in Saki can purely focus on a gameplaybetween four school itself not Shiratodai ability showcase.

Maddo_scientisto said:

When Kokaji said that Teru was much stronger than she is, she meant it.

You missed some details. She said "TEN year ago" NOT "right now" Kokaji-pro right now is way stronger than she was ten year ago when she was in high school.

and Actually, She said Shiratodai is stronger than her team ten year ago. not Teru is stronger than her. (That's it, ten year ago.)

Oohoshi_Awai said:
Oh, and implying Kokaji-pro weak. Way over the line, man. >.>
Her world rank : 973 (without playing much in competition concerning world ranks) : Mahjong players: over 100 million people. Top 1000 is not THAT bad.

Kokaji-pro said she's not often paticipate in a tournament that determind the ranking . If she do, her rank will ber higher.
Jun 11, 2012 12:56 PM

Apr 2010
Wasn't it mentioned in a few previous chapters of most teams set there strongest players either at the first match or there last match.
Meaning the Vanguards and the captains are usually the strongest ones going by that logic.
While this time it was mentioned that the lieutenant and the captains are usually the teams aces going by tradition meaning the third and last matches of a team.
First match centre match and last match all seem like the most importuned times to gain victory or at least a devastating blow to the opponents.
But putting your ace player as vanguard would mean you need to have a good player as lieutenant of captain as well which means you need to have a strong team in general to avoid losing.
Jun 11, 2012 1:05 PM

Aug 2008
Aversa said:
Wasn't it mentioned in a few previous chapters of most teams set there strongest players either at the first match or there last match.
Meaning the Vanguards and the captains are usually the strongest ones going by that logic.
While this time it was mentioned that the lieutenant and the captains are usually the teams aces going by tradition meaning the third and last matches of a team.
First match centre match and last match all seem like the most importuned times to gain victory or at least a devastating blow to the opponents.
But putting your ace player as vanguard would mean you need to have a good player as lieutenant of captain as well which means you need to have a strong team in general to avoid losing.

Pretty similar to how you pick Penalty Shoot-out players in soccer. Usually, they pick the best at front to make sure the team morale goes your way. The composed in the middle to channel the game flow. Then the ace to blast it in the end.
Jun 12, 2012 10:59 AM

Apr 2010
KaitoDash said:
Aversa said:

Pretty similar to how you pick Penalty Shoot-out players in soccer. Usually, they pick the best at front to make sure the team morale goes your way. The composed in the middle to channel the game flow. Then the ace to blast it in the end.
Yes but Shindouji clearly went for a other strategy here meaning there ace will be either in centre or final battle.
Kiyosumi seems to use a similar strategy with there weakest player Yuuki as vanguard and there strongest players Nodoka and Saki as lieutenant and captain.
Which means that they could lose allot of points in the first match which is already the case for Shindouji and that would put allot of pressure on the centre match.
Last match is always a match with pressure so you need to have a confident player there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A Chapter 4 Discussion

arsonal - Nov 14, 2011

2 by Hyoroemon »»
Aug 12, 2021 7:38 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A Chapter 3 Discussion

arsonal - Oct 12, 2011

5 by Hyoroemon »»
Jul 29, 2021 5:48 AM

Poll: » Who is the bigger joke, Seiko or Awai?

rederoin - Mar 14, 2013

5 by Hyoroemon »»
Jul 27, 2021 5:09 PM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A Chapter 2 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 18, 2011

3 by Hyoroemon »»
Jul 27, 2021 5:07 PM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A Chapter 20 Discussion

Ksa - Mar 7, 2013

49 by Gamer40000 »»
Apr 10, 2013 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.