Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Dec 6, 2019 3:19 PM

Oct 2015
Whenever Kiritsugu does something:

Literally everyone: y tho?

This backstory has been hot garbàge honestly. Some stupid zombie outbreak that wasn't established at all happens because a nosy girl secretly took Magician papa's bad medicine. And then the kid shoots his father dead cause hurr durr how dare you indirectly kill my waifu! And then he gets all hardened and becomes a moral utilitarian computer (and a faulty one at that). Fuck all they had to do was gas the plane through the vent in the cockpit after successfully landing.
Jan 13, 2020 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
Why didn't they just used pesticide spray to kill those bees? She would have been able to land safely and get out through the cockpit window and go back to kill those ghouls right?
Jan 30, 2020 4:02 AM
Apr 2016
Oh my, it wasn't over... The backstory got even more tragic, unfortunately.
Mar 1, 2020 5:59 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
It's a big NO from me this episode. I genuinely wish I had not watched this or the previous episode. Way too much horror for my liking and frankly - I didn't sign up to this. Why on earth is this series not tagged as horror?! Horror/gore stuff aside - I also don't particularly care about this side plot - it seems like they are just padding to fill 13 episodes. You could genuinely just lift these two episodes from the series and almost nothing would be affected. I still don't really like Kiritsugu.

At least we're back to the actual story next episode. We haven't really seen Rider in ages. But these last two episodes definitely will knock at least a point off whatever I end up giving this series. It's a shame cos the first 4 episodes were like a 9/10 for me.
HendyMar 1, 2020 6:03 PM

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Apr 11, 2020 1:16 AM

Sep 2017
This is why Emiya is wrong. Killing his mother figure just because of zombie infected people on an airplane is plain wrong. Kirei would have handled it better

He should have allowed the plane to land and let the zombies go and then after rescuing his mom, should have killed her.

This is why you should take up skydiving.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 11, 2020 1:18 AM

Sep 2017
Yatsuho said:
Why didn't they just used pesticide spray to kill those bees? She would have been able to land safely and get out through the cockpit window and go back to kill those ghouls right?

Exactly what should be done in this case

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jul 8, 2020 3:39 AM
Jan 2015
So confused by this episode, both Kiritsugu and Natalia free lance assassin, who should be able to adapt to any situation, yet in this episode no thinking was done. Natalie started contemplating her life instead of assessing the situation and Kiritsugu for some reason just completely gave up on the last person that he cared for in his life. There were other options in this situations, probably one off the simplest ones being, just land the god dam plane on water, it won't be that much harder then land considering you only need enough time to escape yourself, there are no other passengers that need saving...

It was a truly an emotional scene, but it felt like this plot was being forced on to me so the story could progress the way the writer wanted :(. What a waste of a interesting backstory.
Jul 26, 2020 10:39 AM
Jun 2020
Linkark07 said:
Lucena said:
I thought it was an o.k. flashback episode up until the twist. I was ready to throw my computer out the window until Kiritsugu explained his reasoning for shooting down the plane. I already had a feeling that Natalia wasn't going to make it, but not like that.

Also, does anyone else think Kiritsugu's reasoning for killing Natalia is a little flawed?

I guess Kiritsugu will never forgive himself for letting Shirley live after she begged him to kill her. It was because of Shirley that the entire island was lost so he doesn't want to repeat the same mistake. Where was the plane landing, New York right?; imagine if those bees had escaped the plane.

Besides, I can't see how would Natalia escape the plane without being bitten by one of those bugs
Break The cockpit window and jump out,I guess
Aug 17, 2020 12:49 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Damn... felt sorry for kiritsugu at the end when he broke down. I can see why he does things the way he does but I wonder if its even worth it
Dec 17, 2020 3:18 AM

Jul 2019
There's not much difference in the way of life he holds and the heroism he oppose, other than the ability to weigh a mortal's lives. He's still a hero. Who do things differently
Apr 30, 2021 1:34 PM

Feb 2017
So.. fate games get some money from tobacco shit cigarettes scenes... why I have to see smoking Scenes so often in anime ... Do they know how many lifes they ruin how many ppl they kill? is a passive pandemic no ones give a fuck
May 28, 2021 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
I felt like Natalia would die this whole episode. Aww I didn't want for her life to end like that. Sad.
Jun 28, 2021 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
Holy shit I came so close to crying this episode. I half expected this but that was so well done. An kiritsugus breakdown at the end destroyed me. What an episode.
Jul 31, 2021 10:36 AM

Feb 2019
That was heavy. It was tough to watch... Did she smile at the end there?
Oct 20, 2021 1:03 PM

Jun 2015
How dare he? How could he? They could have just broken the cockpit to get Natalia out after landing then blew up the plane. This is so sad.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 2, 2021 3:51 AM

Dec 2012
Kiritsugu in a bed.
The Origin scene.
Natalia.
Odd Vorzak. A Dead Apostle?
Kiritsugu starts smoking.
Natalie killed Vorzak?
Oh shit! Vorzak had the bees in his body!
Natalia is in the cockpit.
Kiritsugu has a rocket launcher.
He fired.
Dat explosion. Natalia is dead.
Dem tears.
Dat ending.

It's the fact that after Kiritsugu hit his hand on the ambulance, everything he did with a straight face while talking to Natalia was to just blow up the plane.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 8, 2021 10:52 AM
Aug 2017
The reasoning is retarded. There's always parachutes on planes and even if there wasn't Natalia could have broken the cockpit front glass and jumped out. Kiritsugu would have been able to catch her and then blow up the plane. Natalia could have also flown the plane down and let it fly above the water straight, broken the glass and then jumped into the water with some kind of floating device and then Kiritsugu can blow up the plane. There are so many options to how Natalia could have survived. Retarded logic.

Natalia ;(

ending song <3

10/10 filler
OceanStream13Nov 8, 2021 11:25 AM
Jan 19, 2022 2:22 PM

Jan 2020
That death hit hard man.
May 1, 2022 5:17 AM

Jun 2019
Man... this episode was so fucking sad. I cried so much over this episode. What a great way to tell a backstory. I loved Natalia so fucking much. She was so cool and badass and really was a mother figure to Kiritsugu. Such an awesome character just died like that. She came in like that, became my favorite character in this show, and went like a queen. I'll miss you, Natalia. You were a great mom. T__T RIP.
May 2, 2022 3:41 PM

Feb 2021
Boring and predictable. She should've just jumped with a parachute if they actually prepared or something. I mean, they're assassins right? I just want to get back to the fight and stop wasting time
Jun 13, 2022 10:13 AM
Nov 2020
People complaining about kuritsugu being a dumbass, but if he let her land there is a high risk of the bees getting out and infecting the whole airport, so he had to do what he had to
Jul 24, 2022 8:33 PM
Jun 2021
Woow that was a strong episode. Kiritsugu is a strong man, and I want to give him a hug, I think he needs it

サンタクロース?そんなのいるはずがないのだ!馬鹿なのか?ーーあ、あれ?今年はクリスマスプレゼント抜きなのか?ま、待つのだ!ちょっと話すのだ!サンタクロースがもしかしたらいるかもしれないのだー!
Santa Claus? Are you dumb? There's no way something like that could... Huh? There's going to be coal in my stockings this year? W-wait! Let's discuss this! I'm sure there's some possibility that Santa is real!
-雪風様 (Yukikaze-sama)
Aug 13, 2022 12:47 PM
Aug 2022
interesting, glad to get more information on Kiri's background
Sep 16, 2022 9:21 PM

Dec 2018
so this is what they meant when they said he blew up a whole plane because one passenger was on board. now it actually makes more sense.
also there are some spectacularly stupid posts itt.
"just break the cockpit window and jump out"
BIG FRIGGING OOF BROS
StateofOhayoSep 16, 2022 9:25 PM
Oct 17, 2022 2:33 AM

May 2020
that was an amazing ep
feel so bad for kiritsugu

Mar 22, 2023 4:43 AM
Jan 2023
Amazing characters in this anime..
Apr 6, 2023 8:28 PM
Feb 2021
Jesus, that was fucked. I wonder if we'll get to see some of his life with Irisviel, that would be hella interesting, but I am also pretty content with Kiritsugu's story now. He's a pretty tragic figure, but I can't really see the point where things went wrong. He just seems like he'd be fucked in any era. Like if he was around when Saber alive, they probably would've been enemies. It's like she said, they can't really work with one another anymore. I really don't know how they're going to resolve Saber and Kiritsugu being diametrically opposed enemies, but I hope it's good.
Jun 2, 2023 11:46 PM
May 2023
I fell poor for Kiritsugu past , that was a tragic past.
Jul 28, 2023 8:14 AM
Jul 2023
This was one of the best episodes of anime i've ever watched. I absolutely love it. The missile scene was fantastic, and it gave a massive insight into Kiritsugu's character. Perfect.
- Ive heard people say he was an asshole for the missile, those people should sit down and think about how dumb they are
Aug 6, 2023 12:26 PM
Nov 2021
W!!!!! its good cant wait for more oh wait im already watching it..
Aug 10, 2023 10:40 AM

Nov 2021
Wow he just killed his father and his 'mother' man's been through a lot now i can truly understand why his eyes look dead all the time.

I remember when they said on ep 1 that he once destroyed a plane because his target was on it. There is always a story behind it.

Sep 20, 2023 12:26 AM

Dec 2022
F for Natalia but Kerry is such a tragic yet strong for what he's been through and now i see what the whole destroying the plane just to kill his target like it's just god damn depressing left and right front and down for this man + his mental breakdown was messed up and i'm probably too cause when he''s crying his eyes out his literal eyes were so big it made me laugh for a sec please XD

Nov 22, 2023 2:54 PM
Nov 2023
PEAK FICTION KIRITSUGU GOD
Dec 1, 2023 7:25 PM

Nov 2023
Oh god lmaooo why does he look so funny
Dec 13, 2023 3:23 PM
Dec 2021
whilst i prefer series 1, this is pretty good stuff. His character motivations make sense and the ends justify the means element is good.
Dec 18, 2023 6:27 AM
Dec 2015
This is what other animes today cannot do: Feels!
Jan 22, 1:30 PM
Aug 2023
I just don't understand why he blowed the plane, i mean she had a better chance of surviving if she just landed the plane on water. and if she was lucky enough to stay alive, he can come pick her up with the boat.
Jan 22, 1:30 PM
Aug 2023
I just don't understand why he blowed the plane, i mean she had a better chance of surviving if she just landed the plane on water. and if she was lucky enough to stay alive, he can come pick her up with the boat.
Jan 22, 1:33 PM
Aug 2023
Apr 26, 4:02 AM
Apr 2024
Why natalia didn't bring any parachute for this operation?
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.