Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2008 3:05 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I saw this RAW. Not much to say. Everyone is graduating! Yay...weird they all pass but I guess this is only Maho school. We know girl with glasses get together with a guy so good for them.

Gouta and Sora getting closer being lovey-dovey is always good. On top of that he introduces her to his parents. Now that usually means he recognizes her officially as his girlfriend.

I think there was mention that Sora does want marriages and kids so that is a good outlook...the big question still remains....Why The Hell did she leave Gouta????

Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 18, 2008 4:21 AM

Dec 2007
I think she left Gouta because she is going to die and doesn't want to burden him. Also, the part about marriage ment that it was OK for her if Gouta married someone else and had kids as long as he didn't forget her.

This series has become seriously good with the last few episodes, looking forward to the last one.
Sep 18, 2008 4:54 AM

Jul 2008
zindrel said:
I think she left Gouta because she is going to die and doesn't want to burden him. Also, the part about marriage ment that it was OK for her if Gouta married someone else and had kids as long as he didn't forget her.

This series has become seriously good with the last few episodes, looking forward to the last one.

Cool, sorry about my Japanese I am a student that has been long learning but I never really studied seriously yet! So that's what she meant! With the marriage and kids? Really!? O_O.....WTF? Did not Gouta explain to her from what you understood about how he feels for her in #10????

Seriously this is BAD unless Gouta moves his ass to grab her NOW or goes where she lives.

WHAT ELSE YOU UNDERSTOOD AND CAN TELL ME???

Does her disease have anything to do with the heart from what you understood???
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 18, 2008 8:56 AM

Dec 2007
My Japanese isn't perfect either, since I'm still studying as well, however I'm quite serious about it.

Gouta made a pretty strong hint that he has feelings for her, but if my memory serves me right, he did not say "I love you" or something like that. Still, I believe that they both know about each others feelings, which is exactly why Sora wanted to stop seeing Gouta. After all, if they spend more time together, they will get more attatched to each other and when Sora dies, it would be really hard for Gouta. So she is just sacrificing her happiness so that Gouta wouldn't be hurt more than he already is.

The situation is indeed pretty grim, but I think they will have Gouta go to Sora's home and go for a (semi-)happy ending from there. That's just a guess though.

If you didn't understand some part, feel free to ask me here or send a message. I'll help as much as I can.

The part which discussed Sora's disease was a bit hard to understand for me as well. From what I understood, her heart would start beating faster for some reason but would not slow down anymore.
Sep 18, 2008 9:07 AM

Jul 2008
zindrel said:
My Japanese isn't perfect either, since I'm still studying as well, however I'm quite serious about it.

Gouta made a pretty strong hint that he has feelings for her, but if my memory serves me right, he did not say "I love you" or something like that. Still, I believe that they both know about each others feelings, which is exactly why Sora wanted to stop seeing Gouta. After all, if they spend more time together, they will get more attatched to each other and when Sora dies, it would be really hard for Gouta. So she is just sacrificing her happiness so that Gouta wouldn't be hurt more than he already is.

The situation is indeed pretty grim, but I think they will have Gouta go to Sora's home and go for a (semi-)happy ending from there. That's just a guess though.

If you didn't understand some part, feel free to ask me here or send a message. I'll help as much as I can.

The part which discussed Sora's disease was a bit hard to understand for me as well. From what I understood, her heart would start beating faster for some reason but would not slow down anymore.

From what you understood of her heart, it sounds like a artery problem but it may be like I though originally DNA defect since the father has it.

The thing about sacrificing her happiness...she mentioned before that she does not deserve love so it may be even though she got some love in the the end with her disease she thinks she will not deserve more since she can ruin it.

From the looks of it magic may not be able to hepl her cause the teacher is sighing and she may not want to.

Gouta may have said I love you cause Sora asks him if he does love her and the kiss speaks for itself in #9.

You plan to teach English in Japan and how long have you been with this culture?
Sep 18, 2008 9:48 AM

Dec 2007
I don't think it's a DNA defect as they said that it's a common disease for mages. I have to agree that magic probably won't cure Sora. There might be some way to heal her, though. I don't want to believe that they would end a slice-of-life series with the main character dying, but then again, who knows..

I've studied Japanese for a bit over 2 years now. I'm not planning to become a teacher, at least not at the moment. I just really like the language and I'm thinking of maybe moving there at some point in the future.
Sep 18, 2008 10:16 AM

Jul 2008
zindrel said:
I don't think it's a DNA defect as they said that it's a common disease for mages. I have to agree that magic probably won't cure Sora. There might be some way to heal her, though. I don't want to believe that they would end a slice-of-life series with the main character dying, but then again, who knows..

I've studied Japanese for a bit over 2 years now. I'm not planning to become a teacher, at least not at the moment. I just really like the language and I'm thinking of maybe moving there at some point in the future.

Cool! I plan on going there in 2009. I have been with Japanese since 1998 but I am unfortunately not studying as well as you but more I am sick. I would like to keep the details personal though. That is why I can understand Sora but a disease that only mages have...come to think of it there are many that may manifest with no technology being able to cure....I wonder if anyone in the production crew had someone or was directly influence with the occult/curses stuff?

The closes I get in reality is curses done by magic or magical artifacts.
Oct 6, 2008 12:27 PM

Apr 2008
Well, just watched this subbed. One thing I have to say is that the character designs for the kids in the class other then the main characters looked like something out of Kaiba!
Oct 6, 2008 7:51 PM

Sep 2007
Did anyone else think it was funny when one of the students' ice sculpture was 'drills that pierce the heavens'? =P
Oct 7, 2008 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
good epiosode, I liked the feeling of coming full circle
Oct 19, 2008 2:45 AM

Jan 2008
Iriya said:
Did anyone else think it was funny when one of the students' ice sculpture was 'drills that pierce the heavens'? =P
Haha, didn't notice that. TTGL reference on purpose? :3
Jan 6, 2009 6:07 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
A somewhat sad episode, but it was still a good one. I laughed at the drills. Looking forward to the final episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 7, 2009 12:10 PM

Feb 2008
Iriya said:

Yep. I was also surprised about the BECK reference (at least I think it was one).

Sep 24, 2009 4:24 PM

Nov 2007
Very good episode, but feels like it is going to a sad ending... I cant handle it if this ends sad.. Are gonna watch the last episode now!
Mar 14, 2012 10:41 PM

Sep 2011
"I really... passed..." - Sora

I was just waiting for everyone to say, "no shit".
Jun 16, 2014 6:09 PM

May 2012
Great episode, it's nice to see everyone graduated and well the overall episode had a nice feel to it, although I do wonder what the last episode will offer us!
Jun 28, 2014 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
They all graduated. That means they can now use magic for whatever reason they want, as long as it doesn't hurt others.
Those bitches should learn to fly or do something useful. So much wasted talent. I'd like to have seen more magic uses.
Dec 3, 2014 5:37 AM

Nov 2011
No sex before going away? No sex before dying? Boooooo
Jul 31, 2015 1:21 AM

Nov 2013
The Graduation scene was better than Angel Beats.
DannyTheDonkeyJul 31, 2015 1:26 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 1, 2016 1:09 PM

Jul 2014
Insert songs are strong with this one.

That graduation ceremony was really good but I don't know if it was better than in Angel Beats.

One episode left and I'm still wondering how could they make a good ending...
Oct 4, 2023 7:27 PM

Apr 2019
Seriously, this anime is really bad

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

68 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 6 Discussion

lostty - Aug 26, 2008

11 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 22, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 3 Discussion

angel999 - Jul 16, 2008

28 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 9 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 4, 2008

25 by bucciest »»
Dec 28, 2022 8:55 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 5 Discussion

angel999 - Aug 6, 2008

15 by GRAYLIGHTNING »»
Sep 21, 2022 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.