Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 15, 2016 11:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Steven15ify said:
I don't remember Naruto getting a cloak every time he got in Sage Mode. Also I am fine with Naruto getting to live after having a hole in his body, but not fight while having a freaking hole in his body. That thing was bigger than life.

Yeah me neither, I was wondering why he magically got that cloak in Sage Mode, am I remembering things wrong? :/ Can't get over fighting with a giant hole in his body either. That part was definitely something I remembered the first time watching the movie, and it still bothers me that this happened.

So upon rewatch, I felt that it was alright as I remembered. It was probably the most disturbing Naruto thing ever though, with that monster. Hella gross. I totally forgot the weird part near the end where Muku fking spits out a bunch of feathers at his father to "save" his father, was not expecting that. Some kind of weird horror going on there. This was also the most depressing (and dark) Naruto movie as well, where Naruto saved no one. Ryuuzetsu, Muku, and Mui all died (well Muku went back into that god forsaken box).

Adult Muku was as good looking as I remembered though :) Really liked that jutsu with the balls of fire rising up from the flowers though, so pretty. Muku and Ryuuzetsu were really cute too as children. It was kind of sad when we see tears stream down Mui's face from the back, and it was revealed that the world ended for him when he lost his son 10 years ago. Overall, it had some good parts, but for a large part of the movie, I had trouble staying awake.
Aug 7, 2016 2:20 PM
Jan 2015
And I thought Road to Ninja was sad enough, but this is more devastating.
Aug 11, 2016 3:48 PM
Mar 2015
This was a great movie! 9/10

Though this is probably the most depressing Naruto movie I've seen so far...
Jun 15, 2017 1:23 PM

Jun 2015
Sorry for the inconvenience, you could have died but this was your mission lol. What the hell were you thinking Tsunade?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 30, 2017 1:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
this 5th of Naruto Shippuden was not spectacular, was nice, but not A++ .
The plot was common, a mixture of blood, drama, and tears, with Naruto in the middle and around all his friends to end the adventure.
For me, the best was Bee-sama again, i love this character, although appeared a little and the end just!!! kekeke
Jan 2, 2018 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
That was pretty much everything I could ask for out of a Naruto movie! Naruto getting shit all over in the prison was hilarious, we got Sage Mode and toad summoning, and everybody showed up at the end, even Bee :D Although I'm afraid to give it too much credit, I think this one did a really great job of setting up a personal conflict for Naruto, stripping away his entire identity as a shinobi and a citizen of Konoha. It actually gave him a compelling reason to have an adventure with these single serving movie characters beyond "It's our mission!"
Apr 5, 2018 12:14 PM
Jan 2015
Oh, yeah. Sure. Send Naruto to prison, that is a mission without him, knowing him about it and all, and also let feel pain and suffering trying to defeat a boy who has a worst monster inside some sort of Pandora Box and everything, got stabbed just like his late parents with a girl in disguise, would be any better.

As if lots of ramen will ease Naruto's pain after what he's being through. Even if it's a movie, that is.

Worst movie than Road to Ninja.
Sep 12, 2018 2:28 AM
Mar 2017
JAJAJAJA PHYSICS of the breasts of tsunade in the last 20 seconds
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 1, 2019 3:17 PM

Jun 2017
I really enjoyed watching this movie! But the ending... or the part where everyone from the leaf came. They really didn't do anything, I feel like Naruto could've resolved this on his own somehow. Though this has to be my favorite Naruto movie out of the ones I've watched.
Dec 3, 2019 2:06 PM

Aug 2012
I think this film has a decent enough plot, it goes out of its way to tell something interesting BUT why does it have to be so long!? The Box is opened on the hour mark or there about, the kid comes out and turns into a monster and then the film goes on for another 35-40 minutes????

Shorten most of these films to 70 minutes and they would all be so much more engaging. Also the idea that Naruto would have died here if not for the girls sacrifice? Yeah thats far too much for a filler film and I don't care for it.
Jan 16, 2020 10:40 AM

Sep 2019
What can I say Naruto movies aren't that good :/ 6/10
Jul 21, 2020 10:20 AM

Nov 2019
My favorite scene ... Heartwarming ♡ ♡ ♡
Oct 30, 2020 8:40 PM
Nov 2017
Naruto should get mad sometimes... I mean, his own comrades sent him to prison on an unreasonable mission and appeared at the end and did absolutely nothing. Naruto had to figure it all out by himself. The best thing about the movie was the sage mode (where did the cloak come from?) and the rasen shuriken...
WallaceeOct 30, 2020 8:44 PM
Nov 11, 2020 7:08 PM
Jul 2020
I actually REALLY liked this movie. For sure best movie so far. Loved the end credits scene too lol.
Mar 14, 2021 4:12 PM

Dec 2007
this movie actually confused me a little bit, 'till the box open part i thought this movie was awful, have nice idea but bad storyline, but after the box opened and several twists occurred the movie was enlightened in better way, definitely better than 2 previous movies.
the only thing that the movie FAILED is the mission twist, though it's make perfectly sense since every amateur shinobi can use transform jutsu it's still was big fail since they shouldn't had send naruto that was their target x__x
but still great movie with great action and for once a battle resemble the TV series battles.
and since when naruto knows to use transparent jutsu? oO
Apr 18, 2021 10:58 AM
May 2019
this movie feels like a fanservice rather than an actual plot for me, the plot could've been decent if the village did something to prosper their village rather than relying on the power of the box they could have used Mui to plan a coup a detat against the villages rather using the prisoners' chakra for opening the box, tsunade being out in the village didnt seem really interesting, they've said it in the manga that hokages werent allowed to leave the village unless its something serious, but she didnt really do anything when she was in the prison all we got was that her jonin outfit thats all, sub par plot and that oudama rasengan was getting tiring
Jan 11, 2022 8:21 AM

Feb 2021
Okay right off the bat imma point out all the bad things about this movie.

1. Why'd the Konoha shinobi take so long to come to Naruto's rescue? And how'd they arrive at the exact last moment?
2. The Muku monster looked really weird. I mean not in a good sense. It just looked bizarre.
3. Wtf were half of the Konoha shinobi's even doing lol? Tsunade and Shizune probably did nothing.
4. The timeline is so messed up. How does Naruto know Bee by now? I assumed it takes place after the Pain arc. And if it's before the war arc, how is he even in the village? Ever since Naruto left to learn KCM mode from Bee, he hasn't returned to his village once. There's one thing after the other and he directly joined the 4th great ninja war after that. Also if it takes place after the pain arc, why didn't he think of using the sage mode earlier?
5. Mui was literally being dumb. He could have literally shared his plan with anyone else.
6. Also they made it seem like the Hidden Grass jutsus are op. Like those sealing and other jutsus were not normal at all. I mean just one jutsu can prevent someone to use chakra? And when someone uses it to a certain limit they start burning?
7. Also, how tf was Mui not dead after that blow? Dude was literally impaled through his solar plexus. Even if I overlook that, he lay there for a solid 15-20 mins which means he should have died of blood loss by then. EVEN if overlook that, how can he still move around as nothing happened? Same goes for Naruto (but I guess his case can be overlooked since he's the mc with plot armor.)
8. How did Mui and Muku survive in one piece after taking Naruto's sage mode powered huge ass Rasen shuriken head-on?!?
9. I wish they showed Naruto's take on Ryuzetsu sacrificing her life for Naruto.

Whew, even after all these, I can still say it was probably the best movie until now. Alongside movie 3 of course. Idk why I'm being so fricking generous but imma give it a 7/10 for now. I might change it later on.

May 26, 2022 2:12 AM

Jul 2012
Its absolutely clue about adreno****** lol 😮
I wonder if ppl r aware of the msg or not 🤣

Jun 1, 2022 12:05 PM

Nov 2010
That twist about sending Naruto to Houzuki Castle was nice. I didn't expect that. I thought the plot was being stupid again. A valuable asset like Naruto being sent to a foreign prison, I couldn't wrap my head around it initially.

It's weird that everyone is suddenly on Mui's side when they were trying to kill him for nearly half of the movie. But yeah, he did redeem himself by dying.

I didn't like the pacing and the giant villain. It was cool seeing Naruto's sage mode, but it was wasted on this enemy. I was also disappointed that Killer Bee only did basic attacks. Not enough fanservice no jutsu! 6+1 for the plot twist/10
Jul 15, 2022 7:43 AM

Jan 2020
Down to my last Shippuuden movie.

But, for real, this assassin doesn't even fight like Naruto. Also, just nitpicking, I find it incredibly hard to believe that, considering the current state of affairs within the Shinobi World, even if Naruto did this -- I doubt the Leaf would just give up their only jinchuuriki.

I'm still not convinced that Naruto couldn't just partially or fully transforming in to the Kyuubi in order to break the seal, or just use Sage Mode for that matter. Especially since Natural Energy isn't exactly Chakra. In the end it looks like he relied heavily on Sage Mode.

Poor Grass Village, even their geniuses are pretty underwhelming compared to other nations.

I can't believe Naruto got sealed twice.. they really want to limit his involvement in this movie. Though, it didn't seem to stop him from fighting back. He only seemed to be affected by the seal at random times for the sake of plot convenience.

That being said, this evil Digimon they had to fight was fairly terrifying. Like, I hated looking at it, I hated the way it talked and moved. I hated it.

Overall, this was a better movie than The Lost Tower.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Feb 27, 2023 12:44 PM
Sep 2021
Damn the movie was so good idk what to say.
Sep 13, 2023 3:09 PM

Dec 2009
Old Notes:

Feb 16, 2:47 AM
Aug 2022
Decent movie this is.
Not so good not so bad.
Naruto Got framed for the crime he never committed.
too bad ryuzeen she sacrificed herself for Naruto.
so does that mean she was 1st women who kissed Naruto!!!?
Funeral what a place to bury them.
Gave 8/10.
Signing Off at 16th February 2024 at 16:17 Hrs IST.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» naruto blood prison

sakky - May 4, 2011

14 by Driiko »»
Apr 25, 2012 7:59 PM

» Official Trailer

pokymon - Apr 14, 2011

16 by TheInsaneKitsune »»
Aug 29, 2011 5:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.