Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2012 10:00 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As expected they blitz through the prefectural matches. In 3 and a half episodes they did what S1 did in 19.

HAHA KOROMO TIME!
But its already clear that Kiyosumi is leagues ahead from Achiga in skill.

HOLY SHIT THAT ENDING...Saki looks like such a monster here, I feel bad for Achiga now, they no idea what they are getting themselves into.

Man that ending, the narrator is right, this was all a prologue...the real show starts now.
game8910Apr 22, 2012 10:06 AM
Apr 22, 2012 10:08 AM

Aug 2008
Saki literally stunned them there.

But well, this is fast. Three episodes and they've arrived at Tokyo.
Apr 22, 2012 10:34 AM

Apr 2010
Annoying. I hope it gets better because I really don't like this so far.
Apr 22, 2012 10:53 AM

Dec 2008
i got my stealth momoko cameo and kiyosumi appeared, i couldnt ask any more of this episode

not sure if the manga just completely runs over the prefecture tournament like this but a 12 episode season is clearly not long enough seeing how fast everything happened this episode.

-won prefecture tournament
-played ryuumonbuchi and 7 other 2nd place teams
-left for tokyo
-met a team along the way
-already arrived at the nationals and met saki

all this in one episode. show is clearly being rushed here. i hope we eventually get a real second season to saki.
Apr 22, 2012 10:54 AM

Dec 2011
My computer kept freezing so that took rather longer to watch than I had expected. Oh well. Plus of course I had to rewatch some of it.

Love how Yuu's shivers turned from shivers of cold to shivers of nerves.

32 schools in Nara, as opposed to 58 in Nagano

Rows and rows of Bansei students watching... waiting... only to be disappointed.

As expected they raced through the prefecturals. This is episode of side A after all - a reference to the nationals. Plus the manga skips over the prefecturals too. Here they are really not much more than an introduction.

Shizuno getting literally fired up was funny. Especially with the other two just casually chatting over the top of it.

I wonder if Arakawa Kei is being set up for the individuals... Even though the manga has never actually included them.

Eguchi has a really weird voice.

Best episode yet.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 22, 2012 11:00 AM

Aug 2010
Went pretty fast this episode but I think it is for the best since it will dive right into the nationals next episode.
Apr 22, 2012 11:01 AM

Dec 2011
Jimb0 said:
i hope we eventually get a real second season to saki.

Pretty sure we will. It's just that the Saki manga is moving ridiculously slowly. If they wait until the end of the nationals before they animate it it won't be along for a few years yet unless the amount covered per chapter (or frequency of chapter releases) really picks up.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 22, 2012 11:27 AM

Nov 2007
The point of Achiga is the nationals. The creating a club, qualifying, and training for it that we saw the last 2 eps was just the prologue for whats coming now.
Apr 22, 2012 12:02 PM
Apr 2011
Took Saki and her crew 25 episodes to get to the nationals, but these girls only took 3 episodes lol. Also wow Saki at the end looked like some sort of evil final boss haha.
Apr 22, 2012 12:03 PM

Sep 2008
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Showing Ryuumonbuchi was an excellent treat.

Saki's appearance was amazing though; I had to re-watch that ending scene multiple times to soak in all of it's awesomeness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2012 12:11 PM

Jan 2009
This episode. This episode. This episode. This episode. This episode. This episode. This episode.

It all starts from here, Saki looking like a true final boss there.
Also nice to see Narrator Nakata doing his stuff again, so epic.
Apr 22, 2012 12:34 PM

Nov 2008
Saki sweetheart, you've turned demented and demonic.

This episode went by pretty fast as well.

Apr 22, 2012 12:40 PM
Apr 2008
So, does this take place during the first season, or after?
Apr 22, 2012 12:49 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, we're at nationals already. Well, this is what everyone who watched the first Saki wanted to see so badly. Think we're finally going to see some epic mahjong from this point forward.

Saki though, what happened to you after the end of S1? You're a beast! o_o
Apr 22, 2012 12:49 PM

Apr 2010
So many familiar faces from the manga and even Saki at the end.
We will get to see the tournament from Achiha's perspective now i got to see a few battles from Kiyosumi's perspective so it will be interesting to see if they face each other.
Seeing Saki displayed as the bad guy is pretty ironic since she probably lost the way again we all know her sense of direction from last season.
It's also nostalgic that they immediately noticed that she was a powerful player and they remembered her from the words of Koromo.
Can't wait till next week.
Apr 22, 2012 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
something must have happened.
Saki is super scary TT_TT
bruh
Apr 22, 2012 2:11 PM

Jun 2009
Still going super fast, but the tournament looks cool.
[/center]
Apr 22, 2012 2:12 PM
Mar 2011
Jimb0 said:
i got my stealth momoko cameo and kiyosumi appeared, i couldnt ask any more of this episode

not sure if the manga just completely runs over the prefecture tournament like this but a 12 episode season is clearly not long enough seeing how fast everything happened this episode.

-won prefecture tournament
-played ryuumonbuchi and 7 other 2nd place teams
-left for tokyo
-met a team along the way
-already arrived at the nationals and met saki

all this in one episode. show is clearly being rushed here. i hope we eventually get a real second season to saki.

you missed the 10 day camp. :)
they also skipped the typical bathhouse episode and will there be a beach episode? hehehe

but yea, its going fast. i have yet to see the original saki. maybe this series will mean more if i did. but im really liking it so far
"....i am the villain in this story"
Apr 22, 2012 2:17 PM
Dec 2011
kei78 said:
something must have happened.
Saki is super scary TT_TT

She's probably just lost again except she doesn't trip this time :P
Apr 22, 2012 2:24 PM

Feb 2010
Wow, that felt rushed but it was still awesome!

SAKI <333 !!!!!
Apr 22, 2012 2:25 PM

Apr 2010
I started this without watching season 1 but after seeing Saki with that scary face at the end...well... tomorrow I'll start watching the first season till I collapse :P
Apr 22, 2012 2:31 PM
Oct 2010
Saki's appearance really made my day, especially as we viewers know that she is a bit timid and shy and gets lost easy. On the other hand poor Achiga saw her as the ultimate mahjong monster.
Apr 22, 2012 2:55 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I've known militant martial arts schools that were less competitive.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Love how Yuu's shivers turned from shivers of cold to shivers of nerves.

Someone needs to buy her some of those instant heat hand and foot warmer pads and a set of microwavable ones.
Apr 22, 2012 3:34 PM

May 2011
Damn, Saki's influence like badass there!
Apr 22, 2012 4:16 PM

Oct 2011
game8910 said:
HOLY SHIT THAT ENDING...Saki looks like such a monster here, I feel bad for Achiga now, they no idea what they are getting themselves into.

Because she IS a monster?
Come on, she is Koromo's friend so what can you expect...
but still I laughed at how they shown her (and supporting theory that she is lost... again)

and it may be rushed but watching another eliminations would be boring for me
so let's bring explosions, mahjong freaks... simply let's start the WAR!

PS. And this scene made my day
Dalek-bakaApr 22, 2012 4:20 PM
Apr 22, 2012 5:03 PM

Jul 2008
"That girl is the one I have to beat"

I swear someone will cry because she won't be able to fulfill her goal.
Saki is a monster, literraly. The moment she stopped feeling intimidated and started to had fun she destroyed Koromo like no one ever did.

If these girl couldn't deal with Ryuumonbuchi, Koromo apart, they won't be able to win this.

Also I bet 100$ on Saki being lost... like always.

For those that don't want to watch the full first season but want to see what Saki is able to do, on a normal basis, watch this: http://www.crunchyroll.com/saki/episode-19-friends-532178
AlycenApr 22, 2012 5:32 PM
Apr 22, 2012 5:47 PM

Jun 2008
Saki vs Koromo was one of the greatest moments in S1 if not, the best.
They weren't kidding when they advertise Saki as "loved by the tiles".

This kinda sums up the feelings while watching Saki rape the tiles:
Apr 22, 2012 5:48 PM

Feb 2008
It was rushing the same as the manga, this just a side story from Saki.
Geh it's taking too long for the 2nd season of Saki, not enough material for getting it too.
Perhaps 3 more years.

Bansei got beaten quite easy and they were really shocking of getting beaten, all they cheering in vail. LoL
But it was interesting to watch in the anime.

Nice to see Amae Koromo again with her haitei all the time and the scary Koromo, she look all happy when everyone want to play against her. ^_^ +1 for that.
Poor Shizu that have no chance to beat her, but she getting more exicted after.
Well, if she can't beat Koromo what is the chance for her to beat Saki?
Saki is even the bigger monster than Koromo lol.
Saki is Teru sister, like Matsumi Kuro and Yuu.
But there is whole different level between these sisters xD

Even I feel chill when I saw Saki, nice sound effect and the ending music so awesome!
That's make me scary. :)

Yup they add Saki scene I want in this episode :)
BlackbirdApr 22, 2012 6:11 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 22, 2012 5:51 PM

Feb 2008
I love that AMV video thanks, going to save it as favorite.
But it would be nice to have to hear her saying Rinsan Kaihou in the end.

DemiSouls said:
Saki vs Koromo was one of the greatest moments in S1 if not, the best.
They weren't kidding when they advertise Saki as "loved by the tiles".

This kinda sums up the feelings while watching Saki rape the tiles:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 22, 2012 6:45 PM

Apr 2008
Saki looked like a beast there XD
I'm so looking forward to when they'll go up against Saki and the rest, going to be so great :D

A shame they just skipped over the training camp though.

Apr 22, 2012 7:00 PM

Feb 2010
WHO IS THIS TOUKA VOICE ACTOR?!!!! XP

I was very surprised to hear her voice and I had to look up old scenes because it sounded off. Could they not get Chihara this season? It is just for one episode so I guess it might be hard o get a very popular voice actor just for that.
Apr 22, 2012 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
Shit son! wonder who pissed off Saki pretty much scared the crap out of everyone,and whats up with everyone having super powerful foot steps that can storm up a gust of wind! lol i wish i could do that.
Apr 22, 2012 7:31 PM

Jul 2008
katsu044 said:
Shit son! wonder who pissed off Saki pretty much scared the crap out of everyone,and whats up with everyone having super powerful foot steps that can storm up a gust of wind! lol i wish i could do that.

Saki is probably just lost in the hallways as always.
It's like the first time Saki crossed path with Ryuumonbuchi. From Ryuumonbuchi's perspective it felt like a demon just passed next to them but in reality it was only Saki being lost sighing about what to do.
Apr 22, 2012 8:14 PM

Nov 2007
when Saki is lost she tends to leak her powerlevel
Apr 22, 2012 9:12 PM

Dec 2011
mastersanzo20010 said:
So, does this take place during the first season, or after?

We're now just after the end of the first season
Apr 22, 2012 9:52 PM

Apr 2010
Ran through the prefectural matches in like two minutes. I seriously wish that they would at least try to put some definite matches for the Achiga Girls. I want to see their playing styles. That is one of the things that I don't like about this. I am fully aware that is just the prologue, but it's getting on my nerves. Going to be really happy when the pace slows down so we can finally see Achiga's matches (next week hopefully).
I'm glad that Koromo and the rest of Ryuumonbuchi were in this; it helped me deal with how ridiculously fast this is going. Koromo is freaking adorable <3
Nationals now and they meet Saki. I love how Saki is so beastly. IfWhen Achiga plays against Kiyosumi, I hope that Kiyosumi massacres them. Go on Saki, rinshan-kaihou their ass! >:D
Studio Gokumi is doing a great job with keeping the art that Gonzo and Picture Magic did with Saki in 2009. It does feel a little weird though, the colors, I mean.

DAMMIT, THIS IS SUCH A TEASE! I get to see the Nationals with Achiga, but not with Kiyosumi!! SHHIII--- *rageragerage*

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Apr 22, 2012 10:06 PM

Jul 2008
Rand0mless said:
Ran through the prefectural matches in like two minutes. I seriously wish that they would at least try to put some definite matches for the Achiga Girls. I want to see their playing styles.

Kuro has the ability to draw every dora tiles as it was shown in the first episode where Nodoka thought it was just luck.
Other than that I beleive that all the girl play logical mahjong, the single fact that they couldn't comprehend Koromo's ability show that they do not have afinity with the 'feeling the tile' side of this serie.
Apr 22, 2012 10:26 PM

Jun 2011
Hoppy said:
This episode went by pretty fast as well.

I was thinking the same thing also during this episode but then I'm happy with the pace cause we got to see Saki. When we get to see the national tournament I hope its for the remainder of the anime i would be pleased 10x fold.
Apr 22, 2012 10:27 PM
Dec 2010
OOOOOH SHIIIIIIT

Saki's presence is too sick. I was getting a little queasy just watching the Achiga girls freak out. I was kind of expecting her to trip over herself again, but her being this badass is fine by me. And her skirt is so long now! Diggin' it!
Apr 22, 2012 10:36 PM

Dec 2011
Saki, oh I have missed you so much. Achiga, good luck!
Apr 23, 2012 12:21 AM

Jun 2009
So what took Kiyosumi 25 episodes, Achiga does in two and a half...

Was nice to see The Koromo again and pretty funny how they made Saki look like those evil monsters in the ending. In the first series we would usually see things from her perspective, so it's interesting how other's see her.

But still the pacing is sooo fucked up in this show. It feels so rushed.

I guess (and hope) they'll take their time for the Nationals. But I have a problem with that as well...I wanted my first time (lol) at the nationals to be with Saki.
grandy_UiDApr 23, 2012 12:28 AM
Apr 23, 2012 1:26 AM
Jun 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
Rand0mless said:
Ran through the prefectural matches in like two minutes. I seriously wish that they would at least try to put some definite matches for the Achiga Girls. I want to see their playing styles.

Kuro has the ability to draw every dora tiles as it was shown in the first episode where Nodoka thought it was just luck.
Other than that I beleive that all the girl play logical mahjong, the single fact that they couldn't comprehend Koromo's ability show that they do not have afinity with the 'feeling the tile' side of this serie.
actully there is abillity to anoudher one of the achiga girls which is not logical but i wont spoil to you who it is
elior1Apr 23, 2012 1:29 AM
Apr 23, 2012 1:28 AM
Jul 2008
amginex said:
Jimb0 said:
not sure if the manga just completely runs over the prefecture tournament like this but a 12 episode season is clearly not long enough seeing how fast everything happened this episode.all this in one episode. show is clearly being rushed here. i hope we eventually get a real second season to saki.

you missed the 10 day camp. :)
they also skipped the typical bathhouse episode and will there be a beach episode? hehehe

grandy_UiD said:
But still the pacing is sooo fucked up in this show. It feels so rushed.

For everyone who feels everything is so rushed, it is EXACTLY the same as in the manga. This all happens in 3 chapters(3 episodes). The prefecture tournament lasted practically 5 pages with double page spreads, the camp took two pages. BUT introducing Saki when she walked past in the manga took a whooping TEN pages with double spreads. (lol) In fact there are small scenes and details that the anime had to EXPAND to get enough frame time for 24 minutes.

This is a spinoff, not a sequel to Saki. Also will get to see more of Achiga's special skills when the mahjong actually comes in.

Besides most of us probably want to just skip ahead to the mahjong anyways haha.
KJacketApr 23, 2012 1:47 AM
Apr 23, 2012 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
shizuno's rage :

don't open it if you haven't watched saki : achiga eps 3 yet

and senriyama team's voiced by stylips..finally here x)

Apr 23, 2012 2:34 AM

Oct 2009
I don't feel sorry for Shizuno, but she won't be able to beat Saki...

Pfft, as if.

And Saki's awesomesauce, and I bet if Nodoka has to choose between Shizuno or Saki, she'll choose Saki hands down. :3

The way Shizuno is now, does she have/will have any special power?

Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Apr 23, 2012 2:54 AM

Apr 2012
shizuru1412 said:
I don't feel sorry for Shizuno, but she won't be able to beat Saki...

Pfft, as if.

And Saki's awesomesauce, and I bet if Nodoka has to choose between Shizuno or Saki, she'll choose Saki hands down. :3

The way Shizuno is now, does she have/will have any special power?

Apr 23, 2012 3:15 AM

Oct 2009
Asclepsios said:

Finally some mahjong match next episodes.

Ryuuka and Toki = love! :3
Oohoshi_AwaiApr 23, 2012 3:41 AM
Apr 23, 2012 3:39 AM

Aug 2009
I missed you so much, The Koromo. <3~

Also, Saki being a monster is awesome.
Apr 23, 2012 3:53 AM

Oct 2009
Dimentioluc said:

Shizuno vs The Koromo with expected result... *cackle*

Can't wait for other schools cameos... :O
Apr 23, 2012 4:29 AM

Apr 2012
shizuru1412 said:
Dimentioluc said:

Shizuno vs The Koromo with expected result... *cackle*

Can't wait for other schools cameos... :O

i'm waiting for
Asclepsios-RinApr 23, 2012 4:32 AM

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki Achiga-hen ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

0 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 9, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jul 1, 2012

115 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 3, 2012

99 by 0ni_Link »»
Apr 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 24, 2012

137 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 17, 2012

95 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.