Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 15, 2012 11:07 AM

May 2012
i like how it ends like proposing to where they start their promise, but im not satisfied on it.. the best part is the wedding but they dont have it. i dont like to run my imagination on what happen next..
i wanna see the team fukuda on the wedding esp. eiji and hiramaru.. hiramaru lol me too much :D

Oct 21, 2012 2:15 PM

Aug 2011
Ending left much to be desired.
Oct 28, 2012 5:23 AM

Jun 2012
I'm going to give the chapter and the ending different points since i'll be viewing the chapter as a normal chapter and NOT as the final chapter of the manga. ;)

The chapter deservers a 5/5 in my opinion because the chapter was great. After 10 years they finally have made their dream come true and are going to get married.

The ending will get a 4/5 since i would love to see the wedding and/or a XX-year time jump to see what has become of everybody (not just Mashiro and Azuki but also Team Fukuda, The Editors and a few others).
Nov 22, 2012 11:37 PM

May 2008
It was getting boring, I'm glad it's over.
Feb 2, 2013 5:58 AM

Jun 2009
I really love this manga. To bad it ended but it was the right time. I would've liked to see more Mashiro x Azuki moments though. A wedding scene would've been nice. That's the only complaint I got on this manga. The rest was perfect.

I really want to read some of the manga in Bakuman. PCP, Money and Intelligence, Crow, Otter 11, Reversi and Zombie all look like awesome manga to me. It must be quite weird for the author of Bakuman, trying to think of a manga in a manga haha =D
Apr 6, 2013 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
No matter how much I love Bakuman, I was hugely let down by the final chapter. We were looking forward to this chapter since the very beginning of the manga, and all we get is that?! First of all, not a single of the secondary characters (not even Takagi) got any kind of closure in the final two chapters, not a memorable one at least. Second, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, that went on in the series was so that they could get married and we don't even get to see the actual wedding? They could have had a grand finale, showing Mashiro's speech at the wedding, Takagi as the best man, seeing how close all the characters (Fukudagumi/editors/assistants) have grown through the series and many more. And finally, what went on in the very last page would have fit perfectly in the wedding.

Sorry for my huge rant. I will always love Bakuman despite that ending.
~SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY
May 26, 2013 3:48 PM

Mar 2012
Man where's Eiji, I couldn't care less about Mashiroxgirl.
Jun 3, 2013 12:16 AM

Nov 2011
I actually thought the anime ending would be better but the kiss was definitely a bittersweet moment. They finally did it!

Cute.

They should also do a one shot or epilogue imo to show what happens to some of the other characters in the future like Azuki, Mashiro, Takagi, Aoki, etc.
Jun 10, 2013 4:52 AM

Jan 2013
It was awesome ending .
They fulfilled their dreams ♥ my best anime ever .
the manga is awesome .
Jul 29, 2013 2:32 PM

Jun 2013
I am glad that it didnt come to the wedding ending like a lot of people wanted.
Bakuman began as a love story and ended perfectly with it.
A wedding where you see all the other chars would just feel like fan service and not romantic at all.
The last chapter is pure romance which a wedding chapter just could not have accomplished.
Jan 27, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2012
*sigh* I'm going to miss this series so much! It has been a VERY great read! ^ ^
Feb 20, 2014 11:48 AM

Sep 2013
Waah, this chapter made me cry!!! D':
It was just the perfect ending. So romantic! They really summed up the ten years that had gone by and made it worth the waiting. To let it end where it all began was really romantic.
I flip the pages of vol 1 and see that they were so young, merely kids when the story began.
I haven't read such a good romance manga since... Probably since Maison Ikkoku!

So I'll definitly miss these characters. :')
May 9, 2014 8:18 AM

Aug 2007
Nice ending to a crazy manga. I'm glad it ended sweetly at the proposal, just as they had envisioned. Overall, this manga felt like a love letter to Jump from Ohba in the form of the characters, especially towards the end. It never lost its optimistic feeling though. Glad I stuck with it. Can't wait for the next Ohba/Obata piece. :)
Jun 4, 2014 2:57 PM

Mar 2013
Might have been nice to have a little more showing their lives after the proposal, but it was still a very good ending in my opinion. Great end to a great manga, and glad they could end Reversi the way they wanted to.
Jul 26, 2014 6:34 PM

Dec 2013
Shiit.. It ended. I was just reading page after page when suddenly there were none left. I was hoping that it would've shown what happens next, but this was a great ending nonetheless.
Aug 22, 2014 6:51 PM

Apr 2013
I loved the ending, the dream finished how it started.
Great and simple, completely appropriate for Bakuman!
Dec 1, 2014 5:05 AM

Mar 2013
Love the ending ! Even if I wanted to see their lives after the wedding.
I'm gonna miss this manga but I can't wait to see the live action and I hope they will correctly adapt it.
Jan 6, 2015 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
Great end. I just wish for an epilogue or smth...
Feb 25, 2015 2:38 PM

Mar 2013
Would have been a perfect ending if we got some epilogue, but that was still fantastic.

You're gonna carry those feels
Mar 22, 2016 1:09 AM
May 2014
Idk after rewatching the series again consecutively i changed my mind on the ending. At first I didn't really like it but when I rewatched it it really goes to show how well the writers understand the joys of manga because the fact that they probably knew everyone was clamoring for a wedding and they were like here we'll give you a wedding it not the one you're looking for. It was a very manga like twist at the end and the fact that Azuki was like if you're next series gets serialized well have the ceremony it wouldn't really be a fitting Ashirogi sensei ending if there wasn't that little spark from Niizuma and Azuki at the end. Side note though Niizuma really personifies the most incredible pure love for manga my interest it it co pared to him is almost scary lol.
How fitting (or depressing I haven't decided) for my 100th post to be about me complaining about dicks who review shows without finishing them.
Dec 4, 2017 3:23 AM
Feb 2017
it quit same as when u start seeing an good anime and atlast it has to end.and u will be depressed for some time until some good anime does not fulfill it ..But Ashirogi Mutou you will be missed
babai123Dec 4, 2017 3:28 AM
Aug 16, 2018 9:49 PM

Jan 2016
I hate to be that person, but that was a horrible horrible ending. This relationship was already one of the weakest things about the series, and we didn't even get to see the wedding, which would've been the perfect send-off to the extensive cast we got to know. It was a boring chapter, and it just didn't seem right that even Takagi, the true deuteragonist of the story, wasn't there.

But such a dull and lackluster ending isn't enough to ruin my view on a strong series like this. Bakuman was an engaging ride with a very interesting and informative concept. I fell in love with many of the characters, and enjoyed learning about the details of the manga industry! As an artist, I also found it to be incredibly inspiring, especially Saiko and Shujin's work ethics! The series also had very quick pacing, which is characteristic of this mangaka team's work.

The biggest flaw of the series though is that it dragged on way too long. There were some arcs that frankly just didn't need to be included. The biggest culprit was probably the second Nanamine arc. While not a bad arc on paper, the timing of placing it too soon after the first Nanamine arc and before the final leg of the manga was very awkward, and honestly the manga would've been better off without it.

But yeah, at a certain point it became clear that they were trying hard to drag the series on. Perhaps Ashirogi Muto's frustration with being told to stretch out their pieces is reflective of Ohba and Obata? Eh, who knows.

Great manga, but could've been 50 chapters shorter. 7/10
Oct 5, 2020 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
Mostly agreed with mintkat above.
Not sure how this manga got such highly praised reviews.

It certainly has details I appreciated, for example showing some nuances to being a mangaka (although likely in an exaggerated fashion, but eh, whatever)

On the other hand the downsides are just too numerous - characters are weak and bland and boring. The inconsistency is all over the place. The characters come and go absolutely randomly in a really awkward way... sometimes some character gets forgotten only to come back with a complete 180 in some really illogical way just because.

Even some prototype series inside the manga were actually more interesting than the manga itself, it's that meh...

Overall the concept was interesting and insightful. The actual manga was not too great but not too terrible either.. it's above average at least, I guess, 7/10.
Oct 21, 2020 5:05 AM

Jan 2020
What a great way to end the manga! Being able to see their wedding would've definitely been nice, but I think it's better to end this way. That kiss at the end was so lovely. I'll most likely reread the manga in the near future.
Oct 30, 2020 4:41 AM

Jun 2020
This was a very sweet ending I really enjoyed this manga I'm actually gonna miss it, it really inspired me to draw again since I quit drawing long time ago.

And I think that this manga has many life lessons like "Not Giving Up, Making Your Dream Come True" this manga never failed to disappoint me the art was not really that good and somehow the romance is kinda cringy, but this was totally amazing the way it end and explain all about manga.

And in the end they we're able to beat Niizuma on a mainstream battle manga, become the no.1 mangaka, was able to succeed on their dream, and was able to become a successful MANGAKA! I'm gonna miss this manga so it's a 9/10.
Apr 30, 2021 2:10 AM

Jul 2020
176th comment
Great Read, Would like for there to be an epilogue

"Mankind’s greatest fear is Mankind itself."

My candies:
Sep 14, 2021 2:49 PM

May 2010
I kiiiiinda wish this series had some kind of epilogue after this chapter. I know that Mashiro's and Azuki's promise basically started the story in chapter one, but after all these volumes - clearly Bakuman was all about Akito's and Mashiro's journey to become professional mangakas, not the romance about couple overcoming their struggle together...

Their dream did come true, and that's nice, but it doesn't really make sense as an ending, meh. Well, I was never the fan of this storyline in the first place, it was always overly sentimental, and not really that romantic. Especially when Mashiro was being such a perfectionist, even up to the point of setting up EXACTLY what's the moment their dream comes true (apparently anime had to air first or otherwise it wouldn't count?). Like just go and see her after all this time, goooosh.

Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Reading all about the manga analytics, seeings editor's side and many different kinds of mangakas and various approaches to their work - that part was always super fun to read. Definitely had some ups and downs down the road, but I had great time both watching anime a decade ago and now reading the manga version. Fun and solid series. 8/10
Nov 24, 2021 4:42 PM

Dec 2007
felt too rushed from some reason. probably from the fact that bakuman usually have heavy dialogues pages and this one just was slice-of-life romance.
still good ending though, with the same name for the final chapter as the first chapter ohba pretty much told us anything - that all the story was come to this point alone that started at the first chapter.
those who cannot see the genius behind it, really too bad.
the only thing the missing is little epilogue, previous chapter did kind of, but epilogue usually come after the end, not before. lol. guess the anime did better in this aspect.

bakuman is perfect manga, it's advantage over the anime is clear - the anime cut too much dialogues.
there's some downhills here and there, some messing up of ohba's ideas, but there's no perfect manga out there.
10/10
Dec 18, 2021 4:04 PM
Apr 2018
Ahhhhh, it's over. It took me a lot of work to get all volumes but I finally finished reading Bakuman. I'm so happy for all the characters, can't say anything else. It hyped me up, it made me tear up... Liked this series series ton. Sad that there is no wedding but screw it... 9/10
Feb 28, 2022 6:55 AM
Jul 2021
It was ok. I took my time over this one but I think the last quarter dragged and there were a few too many loose ends for me. They couldn't tie up everything and some of this was mentioned above but did the rather sad and desperate Nakai ever lose weight and encounter Aoki's mythical sister and gain redemption? Did Takagi and Kaya get their kid? What were the reactions of Miyo and Moritaka's family? Iwase was a fascinating character but she just disappeared - what happened?

Don't know - it just ended. Most of it was a solid 8/10 though so can't complain too much.

The only other point not mentioned here previously was how well they reflected the ageing of the characters over the years. Look at volume 1 and compare and contrast with 20.
Apr 17, 2022 7:24 AM

Sep 2021
It was done in a nice way by going back to chapter one, but I wish we got more closure
Sci-Fi Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2023 1:23 PM
Feb 2023
Wonderful, I cried
Feb 20, 2023 9:08 AM
Sep 2016
Almost cried. Bakuman is just perfect.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.