Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2008 3:42 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Aww, that was so sweet. Elijah is a completely different person compared to him early on. In the first couple of chapters he was daydreaming about falling in love with a girl and then fucking her everynight and now when he's asked "Have you ever been in love anymore", he's serious business. He's changed just as much as any 15 year old does in 6-12 months and it shows because he's acts like himself. I want everything to go well for Manuela (hotttness) and Pedro but I know it wont. ;__;
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Dec 7, 2008 9:05 AM

Jan 2008
LoveWifeLunch said:
I want everything to go well for Manuela (hotttness) and Pedro but I know it wont. ;__;

Why on Earth would you want everything to go well for an abused junkie whore and her obsessive abuser? The whole situation is messed up!

Eljiah has indeed changed since the first chapter, though I'm not sure we can say he's 'matured' just yet. He's just shifted sideways rather than grown as a person. At the moment it still seems like he's rushing headlong into another clusterfuck of a situation, although the fact that he's sitting there getting full background information before running into the dark is a sign of maturity at least.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 23, 2010 10:23 AM

Nov 2008
Splendid arc, and really I was almost tearjerking in the chapter!
Not only it has develloped the themes of the drugs, difficult to climb the social ladder when you have a junkie as mother and the recruitment in a gang; but it has also done something that is almost taboo in a lot of story: giving some depths to a villain, not only throwing stereotypical villain that do bad things because he is a bad and bad and pitiful.
And now I'm not even if I should consider him as a villain, sure he has mutilated Helena but his story and relation with Emmanuelle were pure and touching.

Showing his background story just after such cliffhanger where he appeared like the worse guy of the universe was an intelligent move. This confuses and surprise a lot, but I guess reading Eden with conception like villain and good people is rather silly. I should throw it up!
May 12, 2013 12:04 PM

Apr 2010
HooHiraiBunny said:

Showing his background story just after such cliffhanger where he appeared like the worse guy of the universe was an intelligent move.

Totally agree with this statement. This manga makes you think twice about the characters in it. However, I still really haven't changed how I feel about them. The story so far just shows how unfortunate they were to end up in that situation with each other. In a totally different universe, they probably are happily together. But the fact is, Manuela loves drugs more than anything else and Pedro is just too in love with her to let her go. *shrugs*

May 30, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2009
Man, what a fucked no good ending situation this is. Yet, strangely enough, I find this warped relationship between Pedro and Manuela to be kind of "beautiful". With Pedro you have a guy that is actually pretty decent at heart, yet he gets angry easily and is abusive. But, as screwed as it's been, he has been trying to help her. I think the line about how he welcomed her back several months later without any anger, was a great one for me. As well as the moment with him crying as he gave in and gave her the needle. And, of course the line about their "first loves".

Now, does this make his abusive actions and things he did to people like Helena okay? Of course not, but the important thing is that these three chapters went a long way to present a very three dimensional character. My time with anime has taught me that this kind of in depth treatment for a "villain" is very rare. I have nothing but respect for what Edo has done here.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 23, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2009
I kind of wish that it was Manuela who got fucked up and not Helena ... She got fucked over watching out for Manuela, but Manuela really doesn't deserve it. She seems to be complaining about a rough life, but to me it looks like they are all situations she herself could have avoided but didn't ...
Aug 9, 2013 11:18 PM

Nov 2012
Fuck, I wasn't expecting to get teary after this chapter.
Jun 8, 2014 4:42 AM

Oct 2013
I hated him, now I sympathize with him...
Jun 24, 2014 2:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That's some pretty fukked up logic, but might just be possible. Pedro is still crazy though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 25, 2014 1:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That's some pretty fukked up logic, but might just be possible. Pedro is still crazy though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2, 2014 2:23 AM

Aug 2014
I'm a bit sympathize about Pedro, he loves Manuela that much and that's the answer from Manuela.
Jul 30, 2015 6:55 PM

Jul 2011
insan3Inquisitor said:
Now, does this make his abusive actions and things he did to people like Helena okay? Of course not, but the important thing is that these three chapters went a long way to present a very three dimensional character. My time with anime has taught me that this kind of in depth treatment for a "villain" is very rare. I have nothing but respect for what Edo has done here.

Not just villains, even the heros are pretty flat.

Eliah is changing really fast. It shows in his outfit. Look at that business man suit...

Though it's a pretty warped love. Pedro sees her as a mother-figure, and Manuela uses him for drugs. Top that with their personalities... hmm yeah, there's just pity for their situations. Yet at the same time I doubt they would have ever met if not for their circumstances.
MirorinJul 30, 2015 7:01 PM
Aug 12, 2016 6:48 PM

May 2012
What a touching story :(!
I hate both Manuela and Pedro, but their background story is just amazing. I like how this manga shows the background story of the villian.
Jul 2, 2022 6:41 AM

Nov 2015
That's nice, but it doesn't change what has to be done. "It was like their first love for both of them. Eternally." If only...
and i guess

that i just don't know
Feb 3, 2023 3:13 AM
Oct 2015
Is the reason why he likes her the maddonna whore complex? And he doesnt want to have sex with her

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

oblow20 - Apr 27, 2010

54 by Miyamotodex23 »»
Apr 24, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 60 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 9, 2008

10 by rodmanii »»
Jan 27, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 41 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 12, 2013

6 by rodmanii »»
Jan 20, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 25 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Dec 15, 2012

13 by rodmanii »»
Jan 17, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 22, 2012

8 by rodmanii »»
Jan 16, 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.