Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2012 12:20 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Haha! Mii was so cute, getting all flustered like that. I'm glad everything was settled in the end.
Apr 27, 2012 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
I know, It's almost like Keidai totally transformed into a different person. Especially when he forces the kiss on her saying "I couldn't wait..." I mean, dude!!! Totally uncharacteristic, neh???
Aug 3, 2012 7:17 AM
Sep 2007
Loved this manga X) I hope it gets animated T___T
Jun 13, 2013 2:46 PM

Mar 2012
I LOVE Keidai and Serizawa, I wish I can see getting married T.T
Mar 14, 2014 9:02 PM

Nov 2011
That was beautiful. I was rooting for Keidai towards the end so I'm glad it ended the way it did. Definitely interesting manga and the drama felt right. 7/10.
Jul 24, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2010
This was so smooth and lovely. I really like this author, a lot of thought it put into the story and it all comes together smoothly but with twists that fit even better than how i thought it was going to play out. (started with mugen spirl, then game x rush and now this...) btw does anyone know what happened to the last 3 chapters? mal says it is 54 but this the the last i see available and the posts go back years...
~ * my number is 3 * ~ _._ : l 'o' ( ; _-_ : ( T.T &: .~. : P >.<
Aug 31, 2015 11:33 PM
Aug 2015
I've come across this manga TWICE now, and as a seasoned reader and an adult (haha) I'm kind of surprised at the lack of potential this manga had. I think to be able to remember a past life like Keidai's is SUPER intense. I guess this is shoujo manga and we can't do much about it but I think there was so much depth this manga could've had. I think it really goes back to the lack of research the mangaka had for the time period. The lack of authenticity really kills the subject matter in my opinion. Either way I still enjoyed the series at least and the closure the mangaka included was exactly what keidai needed.
Mar 31, 2018 8:18 AM

Oct 2016
I LOVED THIS MANGA. I WISH WE HAD MORE DELOS X AGLAIA MOMENTS THOUGH
Oct 7, 2018 8:00 AM

Jun 2015
I just finished this manga today, and it is really beautiful.I'll never forget this one!
Nov 8, 2019 7:28 PM

Jun 2015
I really liked this manga. I am glad everything worked out for Keidai, he was lost in his mind for so long.
:)
Mar 25, 2020 4:11 AM

Aug 2014
Happy to see those two end up together, that's definitely for the best. Keidai moving on and accepting his present self was a pretty nice moment, and Sirix could finally rest knowing Serena didn't die alone.
Mar 15, 2022 2:40 AM

Oct 2014
This was so much better than I expected it to be. I found myself immensely invested in all of the main characters (especially the ones with memories of Pompei and Serizawa) It was a super wholesome story overall with a beautiful undertone of melancholic tragedy. I enjoyed the romance and honestly the comedy hit hard at times. That chapter where Kei kept being taken down the river styx had me balling x)

Even without being written well I feel I would have enjoyed this story anyway as it combined so many of my favourite story elements. I adored the balance between Keidai's chaotic highschool life and his flashbacks to his time in Pompeii. I ended up liking every character in the main cast even though there were times when I felt the opposite way to some which I give extra credit for. They were well written and notably Saeki was extremely well layered.

Of course there was also a cute trap <3
Jan 24, 2023 8:27 AM

Dec 2009
I've now just read this manga for the third time now since 2012, and while I very slightly overrated it to a perfect 10/10, I still feel it deserves a critical 9/10 as a great romcom. 
A true classic and one of the best romance, let alone reincarnation theme stories. 

I now lowered it to less than but close to perfect and not perfect, critically, because the comedy is immature, not great, but fairly good... and because Delos x Aglaia's relationship is missing revealing depth to forgiving Delos fully contently and how they love each other.
The biggest flaw is the unexplainable and unclear reimagining of (while Keida is in a coma) Sirix's past where before he died, he told Tina/Reina to be by Serena's side, where she leads her to his corpse where she dies alongside him, together. Which I'd like to think in fact happened, but instead of a space of memory that was forgotten by him, it's presented as if he traveled to the past only to successfully have someone be by Serena's side so she doesn't die alone, and fortunately ends up with his corpse. 
Regardless, that plot method of giving him peace with this concept isn't the best undebatable, even if this manga has that random ghost possession bit and Reina as a unrealistic illogical part tool of someone with the exact same face as the protagonist's past lover, Serena, simply to create intriguing and fun plots. 
... Thus, even though all good and very entertaining, they're flaws. 

As decent as the comedy is, the "funny" dynamic of the characters and their complicated relationships and issues remains intriguing, but the best of this story is the drama of them all. 
Especially the heartbreaking struggle from Keida and the rest of the cast. I don't remember if I cried when I first read it, but many scenes are powerful in sadness where tears well up. What I love the most about this story is not only Keida's conflict of his past of regret, but the conflict of his past lover now being a male, and falling in love with his best male friend now female in Serizawa. 
The way in which Kusanagi Mizuho developed these plots of funny, cute and sad, while also inspiring and rewarding from Keida's journey is this journey was great. 

From his bond with Loleus, Serizawa, Serena/Yuuma, and the rest of the more complicated characters as the story grows more intense with the full story of what happened in his past, and how he finally accepts to live in the present. 
Even if some characters could have been arguably more developed, they all each served their purpose. 'Very well done, even if the comedy is "immature". 

More topics from this board

Poll: » NG Life Chapter 11 Discussion

czerah - Apr 6, 2012

1 by Hirako179 »»
Sep 5, 2022 7:48 AM

Poll: » Why wasn't NG Life ever animated?

waalex11 - Oct 11, 2012

11 by Trap_Traps_Traps »»
Mar 15, 2022 2:27 AM

Poll: » NG Life Chapter 1 Discussion

czerah - Apr 6, 2012

3 by Snappynator »»
May 11, 2016 8:25 AM

Poll: » Re-scanlation project

Keiichi-kun - Oct 29, 2015

8 by removed-user »»
Dec 20, 2015 3:39 AM

» Better Scanlation team out there?

TheNoseOfDeath - Feb 20, 2015

3 by Keiichi-kun »»
Oct 28, 2015 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.