skip
Episodes 10-18
Episode 27
Episode 32
Episodes 66-73

Fillers
Episode 142 - 153
Episode 178 - 189

I constructed this guide solely for the purpose for fans that do not want to watch most of the daily life episodes and rather just watch the overarching story line of the anime, do not worry i have included most of the important episodes at the beggining of the series that details the developing and introduction of all of the key characters.

If their are any hitman reborn enthusiasts who think this guide is in accurate, please let me know and i will fix the guide.
ArtimesGamerApr 3, 2012 12:19 AM

Apr 2, 2012 9:42 PM
Mar 2010
No.

If they're going to watch the series, watch it all.

The skip episodes you listed are all in the manga, so it's hardly considered "filler." And some of those episodes are important for later on since they talk about them in the battle arcs. For example, wanting to watch fireworks again, which is episode 33, which you said to skip.

And the "fillers" you listed are considered canon by Akira Amano herself, who urges the fans to watch them, containing secrets of both the Arcobaleno and Primo family which add to the overall story.

So this topic is useless. Delete it.
Apr 2, 2012 11:49 PM

Jul 2007
Kazemon15 said:
No.

The skip episodes you listed are all in the manga, so it's hardly considered "filler." And some of those episodes are important for later on since they talk about them in the battle arcs. For example, wanting to watch fireworks again, which is episode 33, which you said to skip.

And the "fillers" you listed are considered canon by Akira Amano herself, who urges the fans to watch them, containing secrets of both the Arcobaleno and Primo family which add to the overall story.

Ok relax lol.

Ahh yeah, that was my mistake, ill fix that then for episode 33. Yeah im well aware that the daily life arc is canon and im also aware that the mangaka originally intended for the series to be a gag comedy and then shifted it later into a battle shonen anime. But alot of people literally hate the 1st season to such an extent that they drop the show before giving it a chance. This is specifically for those individuals. I actually watched them my self and i personally don't see any correlation to the actual story, accept the first 9 episodes or so when they introduce characters, can you tell me if their is anything that relates to the plot what so ever for episodes 10-18, because i just can't see it.

The fillers i got, i actually got from here

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/general-anime-discussion/24458-anime-filler-guide.html

now your saying those are wrong? Because i wouldn't know bout the filler, but obviously some one like your self that has seen those episodes would know. Or are they like naruto, where they transition filler and manga into the episodes. If thats the case i wouldn't of included it.

I personally don't skip a thing when watching anime just to let you knwo, this is for those that like to skip fillers and episodes that don't relate to the plot.

Apr 7, 2012 12:26 PM
Jun 2009
Filler:
Ep. 56
Ep. 66-73
Ep. 84-85
Ep. 93
Ep. 119-121
Ep. 141-154
Ep. 155 (until 6:48 mark)
Ep. 159
Ep. 163
Ep. 164 (until 2:48 mark)
Ep. 177-189

There might be some filler in the earlier episodes, but I didn't starting making note until later on. Chapter 283 picks up where the show leaves off.
Apr 11, 2012 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
oh that's always helpful to know! i love to know where the manga picks up. =) thanks!

but i love KHR so much i will read from the beginning i think hehe.........

Apr 12, 2012 8:52 AM

Sep 2010
link9us said:

Fillers
Episode 142 - 153
Episode 178 - 189

Akira wrote these for the anime herself so your skipping canon material if you skip these.

Overall this thread is pointless and is going to mislead newcomers who want to watch the series cause you have to watch almost all the episodes to get the full story and some background on the Acrobaleno and Primo family that Akira didn't touch on much in the manga. So these episodes are kind of a bonus for those who were reading the manga at the time and wanted to have more of a back story on the acrobaleno and Primo family.

Only thing you have to skip is the recaps since they don't really add much and are just there for people who missed episodes when they aired on TV.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 13, 2012 1:50 AM

Jul 2007
Roloko said:
link9us said:

Fillers
Episode 142 - 153
Episode 178 - 189

Akira wrote these for the anime herself so your skipping canon material if you skip these.

Overall this thread is pointless and is going to mislead newcomers who want to watch the series cause you have to watch almost all the episodes to get the full story and some background on the Acrobaleno and Primo family that Akira didn't touch on much in the manga. So these episodes are kind of a bonus for those who were reading the manga at the time and wanted to have more of a back story on the acrobaleno and Primo family.

Only thing you have to skip is the recaps since they don't really add much and are just there for people who missed episodes when they aired on TV.

Yeah i was not aware of those episodes since i have not seen them yet my self, but every guide i see online says their fillers, but you guys are saying other wise. If akira wrote them, then they are obviously not fillers, but why does every guide say they are. They half filler half manga or something like naruto does with its arcs.

But the episodes 10-18 can definitely be skipped. I don't see how any future part of the story can remotely recall any of the events that took place in those episodes, their was virtually no story, and no character development just try to come up with something with those episodes that actually have relevance to the story and ill change it.
ArtimesGamerApr 13, 2012 1:57 AM

Apr 13, 2012 11:14 AM

Nov 2008
I'll do you one even better: DON'T WATCH IT.
Apr 13, 2012 9:35 PM

Jul 2007
Sir_Drake said:
I'll do you one even better: DON'T WATCH IT.

lol yeah, alot of people drop this show because of the slow start. In any case ive already endured it my self cause i believe in watching everything including fillers. I am not one of those ignorant idiots that thinks fillers are all bad.

I see it happen all the time in the forums and gets kind of annoying, complaining bout fillers.

Ive watched every filler arcs in one piece, naruto and bleach and i like them all personally.

I have seen fillers that in some cases are on par with the canon material. It don't bother me like some people.

I guess that might be because most people watch anime weekly and have to wait through months of fillers and i can understand that being irritating, where as i usually wait for a full season or series to finish before i watch it.

Apr 22, 2012 3:51 PM
Mar 2012
You are better of reading the manga, the anime is plain horrible.
Apr 22, 2012 6:31 PM

Jul 2007
Well i just finished the varia arc, it was ok, nothing on any spectacular grounds, my favorite parts were definitively the last bits of the arc, when they revealed the whole crib incidident, for some reason that back story wasn't that appreciated amongst the fans but they loved the action. I loved tsuna fight as well but i appreciate that thier was a deeper conspiracy involved in that arc that help bring more substance to the characters. If you compare like naruto or one piece one of the things thats lacking so far in that series is plot direction. Their really is not much of a plot to go by as of yet just a bunch of varia members coming together to duke it out for the title of the 10th mafia boss.

I have heard though that the series gets so much better when it gets to the "future arc" i don't know if this is true or not

Dec 17, 2013 9:44 AM
Nov 2013
Thanks for the guide, just recently started watching KHR. I can't stand the Daily Life Arc and feel like I've wasted a couple hours of my life that I'm never gonna get back.
Dec 17, 2013 9:45 AM

Feb 2013
The fillers were funny, I don't think you should skip any.
Jan 22, 2014 5:03 AM

Jan 2013
TurtleChiChi said:
I can't stand the Daily Life Arc and feel like I've wasted a couple hours of my life that I'm never gonna get back.

Daily Life arc helps you to know the main characters better so it's important, and it can be funny as well. Though I understand why some people hate it. The art was funny and look stupid that time. I'm re-watching some random episodes of KHR and I should say Episode 5 never fail to make me laugh. Watch it for the lulz.

||
May 1, 2014 11:19 AM

Dec 2013
Mystle said:
TurtleChiChi said:
I can't stand the Daily Life Arc and feel like I've wasted a couple hours of my life that I'm never gonna get back.

Daily Life arc helps you to know the main characters better so it's important, and it can be funny as well. Though I understand why some people hate it. The art was funny and look stupid that time. I'm re-watching some random episodes of KHR and I should say Episode 5 never fail to make me laugh. Watch it for the lulz.

I didn't find very many o the daily life episodes funny. Ranma 1/2 has similar humor but is WAY funnier imo, atleast the manga is.
Love and Peace!!!
May 1, 2014 11:26 AM

Sep 2013
And skip the long last ep recaps, next ep previews and the veeeeeery loooooong extra segments.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 30, 2015 11:45 PM
Apr 2009
I wish I'd seen this list earlier, this series really starts out so bad. Easily some of the worst shit I've ever seen, all categories. Only reason I'm watching is bc everyone keeps saying it's one of the best shows ever. I'm on ep 84, it's better than the beginning, for sure but it's still balancing on average/below average. It's extremely run-of-the-mill.
Feb 1, 2015 5:12 AM

Dec 2012
Kazemon15 said:

Nah, fuck that shit.
Nov 12, 2015 7:12 AM
Aug 2010
Kazemon15 said:
No.

Its not about fillers neceserly i came here looking for a way to watch the series to make it bearable cause i heard some great things about the anime so i started watchin got to episode 10, im bleeding from my eyes its so boring and anoyingly childish its 1 of the worst ,slowest introductions i came across
Nov 14, 2015 1:43 PM

Aug 2013
This is a pretty helpful post, but you included some important episodes in your "Should be skipped" post.

First off, episode 12 is where Yamamoto unlocks his weapon, and there's some important Gokudera character development, so that shouldn't be skipped.

Also, episode 15 is the snowball fight which is referenced later.

Other than that though good list
Jan 12, 2016 8:36 PM
May 2015
Kazemon15 said:
No.

sooo butt hurt God damn
Jan 23, 2017 3:33 PM
May 2011
Kazemon15 said:
No.

They might be in the manga but they aren't important, they don't add anything to the story and are there just to fill time until the next arc.

there's a reason she had to switch to making the series a shounen, it's because those SOL stories were terrible and repetitive and it was going to be canceled.

as for those 2 anime-only arcs that were made by akira herself (i question how much input she had in them...), they still were rather shitty, and honestly there were almost the exact same thing.

she just replaced the arcobalenos with the primo family. Neither were particularly exciting, but the latter does help flesh out the asspull that happens during the final fight with byakuran.
Jun 20, 2017 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
This is pretty useful, thanks!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 12, 2017 11:57 PM

Mar 2010
Slow start but the ten years future arc (i dont really remember whats its called haha) makes everything and the waits worth it. Everyone become awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2017 4:31 AM
May 2014
Well, people are saying not to skip any episode and I agree, but to say that this post is useless is just dumb. I already saw all episodes of KHR and now I want to re-watch it.

I work 12 hours a day and I don't want to watch all the slice of life episodes again.

Ty for this post, you're awesome
Nov 4, 2017 2:00 AM

Oct 2007
Dunno if this is the right discussion but I watched KHR a long time ago back when fansubs were a thing and I grew up watching the fansubbed version all the way till the end. Now here in 2017 almost 2018, i'm re-watching the series because when I watched BNHA, I had a sudden urge to re-watch it. But I'm wondering if I should try watch Crunchyrolls version of the subs since they're supposed to be 'official' or stick with the translations i'm used to... I skimmed the Crunchy versions and was sad they changed "Dying WIll" to "Deathperation"? and "I'll bite you to death" to "I'll tear you down"(if memory serves..).
HeySayJesKuhNov 4, 2017 2:48 AM
Dec 12, 2017 2:05 AM
Jun 2017
he is talking about skipping the daily life arcs that really sucks
Jan 12, 2018 7:37 PM
Jan 2016
I just recently started watching KHR. I had originally dropped it at the 11:20 mark, running around in his underpants part. I could not for the life of me understand why the freaking heck the author wrote Tsune's power to include that. I was so lost! XD

I originally found out about the show through a mentioning of it in a fan fiction and was like, "Oh, there's hot sexy mafia dudes in it (aka Adult Reborn)? Hmm, seems like something I would watch." You can imagine my total lack of understanding of what was going on.

For the duration of the cringy episodes, I'm gonna be having my finger on the fast-forward button. I want to watch the entire show since it seems to have a huge following and I want to see why y'all like it so much. Wish me luck! :)
Sep 26, 2023 7:42 PM

Jan 2017
Personally, I really like this this list. Currently on ep.11 and after watching ep.10, I'm wondering to myself why i wasted 24 mins of my life watching this pointless, filler-like episode. The fact that there are 9 more of these just makes jt even harder to commit to this show.

I find so funny how some people on this thread are like "I watched the whole thing and everyone else has to aswell" or "Delete the whole thread right now, don't share this useful information with the newer viewers- wah wah".
smolseokSep 26, 2023 7:56 PM
Oct 31, 2023 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Kazemon15
No.

@Kazemon15 Who tf is you to tell people how to watch an anime mf not everyone wants to see boring ass daily life arcs

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 78 Discussion

hyunnie14 - Apr 14, 2008

20 by onvoorspelbaar »»
Apr 26, 4:27 PM

» Reborn the Character

Kakuneon - Apr 14

0 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 14, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 203 Discussion ( 1 2 )

byebyeblackbird - Dec 2, 2010

93 by Yuurippe22 »»
Apr 7, 9:02 AM

» 80 episodes in and im wondering if its worth to continue

smolseok - Jan 7

8 by Kenpachi_91 »»
Jan 8, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 3 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 10, 2009

26 by FanthyLord »»
Nov 5, 2023 10:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.