Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2012 8:23 PM
Sep 2007
The only thing we know is how its stopped, but still have no idea, how it all started.
Hi
Jul 29, 2012 6:37 AM

Sep 2009
Who would've thought Kouichi's auntie was the extra. As I expected the extra would have to be someone from the beach episode but it mislead me into thinking that the extra would be a student, but it turns out it was Kouichi's auntie all along. Looks like Mei, Kouichi, Takegawa and whathisname? were the only ones who made it out alive and the ending shows Kouichi asking Mei out? lol anyway Another pretty much felt like another "Final Destination" but I guess it wasn't that bad but I got hardly attached to any of the characters, Mei was interesting, but we've seen characters like her. Atleast it had some lulzy deaths that kept me entertained through the end ^^
Jul 29, 2012 7:39 AM

Dec 2009
They should've mentioned earlier that Mikami and Reiko were one and the same :<...
Jul 31, 2012 4:34 AM

Sep 2008
I knew what would happen because I've read the manga before but it was well-animated, so I give it a 4/5 :)
Aug 5, 2012 9:56 PM
Aug 2011
I don't know if this has already been said but...

Anyone see the resemblance between Reiko's killer and sakakibara?
Anyway, I really hope there is a season two. I never would have thought Reiko was the extra though...wow 9/10
Aug 6, 2012 3:10 PM

Mar 2012
Man those last episodes were the highlight through the serie, wish there were more of those " Someone needs to die and everybody is on a killing spree" .
Aug 7, 2012 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
Seryozha said:
I don't know if this has already been said but...

Anyone see the resemblance between Reiko's killer and sakakibara?
Anyway, I really hope there is a season two. I never would have thought Reiko was the extra though...wow 9/10

That's been said constantly throughout this thread to be honest. Just another way that the anime tries to add shock value on to itself and creep out the viewers.
Aug 9, 2012 1:32 PM

Jan 2008
So, I actually had Mikami-sensei on the list of suspects, especially since Chibiki-sensei said something along the lines of "She has always been the one to be appointed as assistant homeroom teacher...she has been through so much", or sort of something like this.

During the last two or three episodes, I essentially had it narrowed down to about four people (yeah am I Holmes-ish or what xD), she being amongst them. She got amazingly suspicious when it was shown that she didn't actually die from that shovel strike... though I never was 100% sure she'd be the one. And it definitely never crossed my mind that she'd be Reiko at the same time. Okay, not bad.

It was a good ride, but I somehow feel that she show could have used a bit more fleshing out and wasted a bit of potential. As a mystery, it wasn't too bad though. That Misaki knew all along that it was Reiko (why was that "I can see dead people"-eye needed anyway? Things could have worked out without it o_o) felt kinda misplaced. Even if she didn't kow the calamity would end when she killed her, it felt weird that she never lost a word to Sakakibara about it...

I guess I'll be settling this at 8/10, because it did a good job of keeping me entertained and I didn't find the ending too predictable.
SaorinAug 9, 2012 1:37 PM

Aug 14, 2012 11:17 PM
May 2009
I found it really unrealistic how the characters where behaving during this show. Like he was calling Misaki while the house was on fire. Sakakibara was emotionless during this series although so many deaths were happening. All students went mad like they all had mental problems.

They also didnt explain why Misaki could see using a glass eye...
Aug 15, 2012 9:45 PM

Aug 2012
Damnit, this anime really picked up. I enjoyed the pace change from that brilliant suspense and mystery build-up to the all-hell-breaks-loose finale. It's interesting, because people do turn on one another like that. I know I'd lose my mind in that situation.
You have only one life to live. Are you doing what you want to do?
- Waiter Lennart, Pokémon Black and White
Aug 19, 2012 7:36 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode. Best seires ever. Needs a sequal. 10/10
I found the two ponytail girl's death funny.
I thought main character was dead. (forgot his name)But he recoverd.
Aug 24, 2012 9:22 PM

Nov 2009
Why would you need a sequel to this? It would only serve to ruin the original imo, but omg that had some disturbing moments, especially the way reiko died.
Aug 27, 2012 7:19 PM

Aug 2012
Great anime overall. Sure, there will always be random haters bitching about some plot incoherences or "it's not logical / realistic", but I sure as hell enjoyed every bit of it.

I'll watch the ova to get more Misaki-chan fan service now.

Aug 29, 2012 9:25 PM

Jan 2012
horror? its far from it. People slowly walking on fire and escaping nonchalantly. at least they gave a little leeway on the censorship.

Final Destination 2D out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 8, 2012 4:09 AM

Oct 2011
i think reikos killer was kouchii, he doesnt even remember being there that day.
Sep 8, 2012 5:50 AM

Jan 2008
Not once did I suspect "it" to be Reiko. Of all the characters, why her...?

For a second there, I thought Kouichi hit himself with the ax. Showing the X-ray of his lungs furthered my speculation. Good thing he didn't. Kinda sad how he killed Reiko. But i guess the safety of his classmates weighed more.

"So, it's finally over, isn't it?" I half-expected Misaki to disagree. Oh well. :D

It really is over. "Another," I mean. T'was a great series. And will be greatly missed. I'm thinking of watching it again.
Sep 8, 2012 3:42 PM

Oct 2011
my theory is in order for the curse to begin someone from that town has to kill someone who will eventually have relation to class 3 .

In this case Reiko had direct relation to class 3, because she was once a student, and now has family in the class. Maybe because of this "curse", she was doomed for death. Koiichi was maybe was taken over by the curse and then killed her.

They will have no recollection of being the culprit. there memory is wiped and they become Ill. the curse starts when the person is brought back to this world for whatever reason.. hmm .
Sep 10, 2012 12:27 AM

May 2010
Romano- said:
Hyunckel said:
Sure, there will always be random haters bitching about some plot incoherences or "it's not logical / realistic"

Who cares if an anime is not logical or realistic? Seriously, it's fiction, logic is NOT needed. If you want realism, just go live your life. I will never understand these kind of people.

I think there's a pretty massive difference in critiquing something for having plot holes, as opposed to saying it lacks realism. A plot hole means the writer messed up somewhere - it's as simple as that.

I also think it's not bitching to call a show out about it.

That being said... yeah. I wanted a plot twist and I sure got it. In a bad way though. I don't know. Just ended up feeling unsatisfied.
Sep 21, 2012 4:49 PM

Jul 2009
I came into this one with no expectations. I came out pleasantly surprised. I haven't watched a horror anime since Shiki, but I just love animated horror, maybe because I'm somewhat bias when it comes to animation in general. Regardless, I enjoyed it immensely. It was creepy on occasion, incredibly intense on others, a little silly at times but overall, it was a very atmospheric journey.

I didn't particularly enjoy the senseless chaos in episode 11, and I felt some episodes lost the plot - Characters being dumb or asking stupid questions, Akazawa's retarded assault against Mei and so on. I'm glad the librarian guy called Akazawa out.
Sep 23, 2012 3:53 AM
Jun 2012
Ending felt rushed and they didn't come back on things early in the series like the whole puppet shop thing ( who is the woman behind the desk? I suspected her being a machine or something since the second time sakakibara visited the shop she repeated the same thing and didn't respond to him)

overall it was pretty good. Untill episode 10 or so I actually really enjoyed it but the ending was just.. meh.

^ oh and I don't approve of her going all yandere and dying. She was a pretty cool and (imo) likeable character throughout the whole series and then suddenly a character change like that. Once again it felt rushed towards the end
BlubBlobSep 23, 2012 4:06 AM
Sep 26, 2012 11:38 AM

Feb 2011
I knew that "Another" was going to be great right from the start. And it was. But...
I only read the last few pages of this thread but it seems that most of you agree that while the show was great, it suffered from severe plot holes. Sadly these are so huge that I cannot ignore them even though I'd really like to.
Why did the author put in so many red herrings, of sorts? Why, I ask?

1) Sakikabara obviously murdered Reiko (why?) during his mysterious stay 1,5 years ago. Which significance does it have for the plot that he was there but can't remember it? Is it to "explain" the murder of Reiko? If so, no motive is given. At one point I thought Akazawa was the extra because she met him but he doesn't remem- no! It doesn't matter how you look at it, a can was opened and then left on the kitchen table.

2) Why does the grandmother at the summer house suddenly turn batshit insane? Because she's "emotionally unstable" !? Come on...

3) The homeroom teacher is not a "victim" of the curse. It's suicide.

4) How is the relationship between Misaki and her twin important enough to get its own OVA rather than, oh I don't know, maybe the events 25 years ago involving Reiko and Ritsuko?

And other minor things. Still! I loved it and I give 9/10 :)
Sep 27, 2012 8:04 AM

Sep 2011
Arkasia said:

^ oh and I don't approve of her going all yandere and dying. She was a pretty cool and (imo) likeable character throughout the whole series and then suddenly a character change like that. Once again it felt rushed towards the end

Indeed. Why kill her? She's the only female character on this series that I like. Mei is just plain bullshit.

Oct 4, 2012 7:01 AM

May 2011
Akazawa and that blond guy are my fav. chars :D
The end was very nice, it got a new climax to the anime and made it better.
"Another" is a good anime... not great, but good.
Nice chars, great ending, but it fails on it's dramatic sense. It's like a light version of "Ghost Hunt".
I will still give it a 9/10 'cause, beside the first 3 episodes, the rest is pretty awesome.

Oct 12, 2012 4:28 PM

Mar 2012
how could i have forgotten what souchi's grandfather said at episode 1?
Oct 15, 2012 5:30 PM

Jun 2012
This was the best thing I've ever seen since I've watched Higurashi (not that I've watched much, but still).

Everyone talking about how all the

I kept getting this huge "Keiichi" vibe from Sakakibara throughout the entire anime. Not only does he look (almost identical) similar, he wound up right in a (very) similar situation. This makes me wonder if Sakakibara's character was inspired by Higurashi.

Mei was a fantastic character, I haven't seen a character as gloomy and ominous as her that didn't have a two-dimensional personality.

The entire anime was full of atmosphere. The level of detail put into the environments that the story took place was very impressive, and made the anime feel much more realistic.
LarasoOct 15, 2012 5:34 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Oct 23, 2012 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
Romano- said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Mei is just plain bullshit.

Hahaha NO. Also she got killed because she didn't matter to the story and was overall uninteresting.

Mei is way more uninteresting than the whole cast. It seems you have a bad taste.

Oct 24, 2012 5:26 AM
Jun 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
Romano- said:
Sa-chan_ said:

Hahaha NO. Also she got killed because she didn't matter to the story and was overall uninteresting.

Mei is way more uninteresting than the whole cast. It seems you have a bad taste.

:3
Oct 24, 2012 10:38 AM

May 2012
Wow, this anime is much much better than i expected. It probably the scariest anime ever made. And the suspense element in this anime is amazing.

Overall 8/10 and personally i think that this is one of the best suspense anime in 2012.
Oct 27, 2012 6:53 AM
Jun 2012
Romano- said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Romano- said:
Sa-chan_ said:

So you're admitting to liking characters with absolutely no personality or development, and you accuse me of having bad taste? The irony, man.

One simply cannot fap to Mei. There you have it. That's what she lacks
Oct 27, 2012 10:32 PM
Oct 2012
Amazing, wish there were more.
Signature removed due to violation of rules on signature size. Please refer to the Forum guidelines.
Oct 30, 2012 12:58 PM
Oct 2012
HAHAHA people im an otaku gamer and i have seen alot of stories and i mean it but this one its potencial is VAST but most of you talk about the plot holes and the characters but what if this was like umineko or higurashi sure it ended but it was posted by the author that he was gonna make another 2 or S on twitter even if i dont know how long but think if they make it like the animes above it would fix all so try to atleast think about it this way
Oct 31, 2012 9:31 AM

Nov 2009
I just finished this show in one sitting this halloween, and well im pretty well entertained.
Great production value, good animation, decent execution/plot direction, goosebumps and appropriate soundtrack...but i might rate it only a underwhelmed 7/10...dont worry i still liked it ^__^

By my scores, I think this must be rated on par with the 1st season of higurashi, especially as i was not quite pleased of the exaggerated psychological breakdown of the students that happened along the conclusion, and created unnecessary blood mess just for the sake to kill the conformist cute character(it really looked like a bad act of desperation).

The show also let a crucial character get killed in vain, due to this curse that looks like a series of cliche "Final Destination" events, albeit well laid out though for excellent horror entertainment :)

Oct 31, 2012 9:46 PM

Aug 2012
Well believe me or not Reiko was my first suspicion to be the "extra" and I suspected her a few times throughout but with the anime focusing on the idea it's a student all the time it threw me off a little. Decent anime, somewhat suited for halloween.
Nov 5, 2012 1:35 PM

Jul 2012
I really thought it was gonna be head-of-countermeasures chick, so that surprised me
Overall, it was a good anime, if the ending disappointed me less, it would've gotten an 8 from me
Nov 8, 2012 9:18 PM

Nov 2007
GeilRugner said:
I knew that "Another" was going to be great right from the start. And it was. But...
I only read the last few pages of this thread but it seems that most of you agree that while the show was great, it suffered from severe plot holes. Sadly these are so huge that I cannot ignore them even though I'd really like to.
Why did the author put in so many red herrings, of sorts? Why, I ask?

1) Sakikabara obviously murdered Reiko (why?) during his mysterious stay 1,5 years ago. Which significance does it have for the plot that he was there but can't remember it? Is it to "explain" the murder of Reiko? If so, no motive is given. At one point I thought Akazawa was the extra because she met him but he doesn't remem- no! It doesn't matter how you look at it, a can was opened and then left on the kitchen table.

2) Why does the grandmother at the summer house suddenly turn batshit insane? Because she's "emotionally unstable" !? Come on...

3) The homeroom teacher is not a "victim" of the curse. It's suicide.

4) How is the relationship between Misaki and her twin important enough to get its own OVA rather than, oh I don't know, maybe the events 25 years ago involving Reiko and Ritsuko?

And other minor things. Still! I loved it and I give 9/10 :)

Agreed about the plot-holes (the Kouichi stuff in particular is very head-scratch worthy). And yeah! It totally bugged me that house keeper went nuts. I mean, maybe they were implying she lost it after her husband died, but how the crap did that even happen? Was he a victim of the curse? His death was really graphic and it's implied he was murdered, but if so, by whom? And for what purpose? It's not like he could have possibly been the extra, so the two house keepers roles made natta sense to me.

As an aside, does anyone know the actual final body count from the summer house? In the final episode, in the subtitled version I watched, Chibiki said there were 10 total for Aug (including the two house keepers). But by my count, there were at least 12. (Remember that we see four students smashed by the chandelier, and then one is crushed again by the pillar). So 4 there, plus burned dude, plus 2 dead by Kazami, 2 house keepers, Izumi, Izumi's friend (something with an S, I don't recall her exact name), plus girl who fell from balcony were all for sure dead. Then Kazami may or may not have died also. Soooo, did anyone else notice a death count inconsistency with this last episode? It was just something that's kinda bothered me.
Nov 12, 2012 10:25 AM

Jan 2011
My first suspicion was sakakibara. I thought it could've been mei, but that's too obvious. The whole show is just AMAZING!! I sort of had some idea that the whole calamity started before sakakibara joined the class because I saw the OVA before the 12 episodes. It gave some insight as to what could be happening.

Overall, a spectacular 10/10. I absolutely love it!!

Oh, and I wouldve went berserk on the classmates for trying to kill mei, if I was sakakibara.
i feel as if i am ignored most of the time on here. well fuck you too then!
Nov 13, 2012 8:58 PM
Jan 2011
really liked this anime! i was hoping Akazawa was going to confess her love to Sakakibara before she died, hahaha one can only wish. :p
Nov 27, 2012 6:41 PM
Jul 2012
Wow! I had read one spoiler that I thought would ruin the show! But this last episode was amazing, Reiko was also Ms.Mikami and the extra? It made me feel sort of stupid when they showed the scene of the Grandpa mourning Reiko.. How'd I not catch that? Anyways can someone explain the significance of how Akazawa met Sakakibara? Or was their mo significance? And when Sakakibara said, "I also lost someone who I loved" was he talking about Reiko? I know I sound stupid for asking this but I'm pretty sure I know the answer I just want to be sure!
"
Nov 28, 2012 4:53 PM

Sep 2008
I was right! All of my favorites died.... :(

This anime was very interesting to watch. The suspense almost made my heart explode. It was full of twists and it was actually pretty predictable all the way through but it didn't bother me much.

9/10
Dec 10, 2012 4:35 PM
Jul 2012
this show got extremely ridiculous at the end, the suspense died and became a lolfest 7/10 for making me lol
Dec 10, 2012 11:54 PM
Jul 2011
bigfoot/10

really loved this animeee :))
Dec 13, 2012 10:34 PM
Oct 2009
Kurimu-chan said:
You know, I never realized that the teacher was Reiko herself.

._____.

EDIT: So, wait, they NEVER told us that the teacher was Reiko?

came here to say this. i am like wtf reiko was the teacher.

but reading this thread you guys point out that they should of gave her original death scene more justice. like wtf happened some kid pushes her in the river.
Dec 13, 2012 10:53 PM
Oct 2009
palelaura said:
It kind of bugs me that this episode they revealed they had the right number of desks for students this year. Misaki says so. Why did no one question this at all? Why was this never brought up before the final episode?

Also, kind of disappointed that Reiko was just kind of killed with no discussion. You'd think Sakakibara would have tried to get her to remember or something so she would accept it or something.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted (although spoilers caught me last week-damn!)

good post. misaki has a lot of convenient knowledge. dont know if its exactly a plot hole, but its like we need to know who a dead person is when everyone memory has been altered. well no problem misaki can see death. well do we really believe she has this supernatural power? well no problem misaki witness reiko get murdered (which is probably a plothole considering that memory should be erased). need a scary scenes early in the series? well no problem misaki mom makes creepy dolls.

overall i liked it even though they over did the owe i am about to kill a main character no lightning strike out of no where saves the day. (gave it 9 out of 10)
Dec 21, 2012 8:10 PM
Dec 2012
iHeartTsugumi said:
KONmusiclover said:
Can I ask a quick question? Why did Sakakibara say "Goodbye Mother" To Reiko? I thought his mother was dead? Kinda confuzzled here XD

Because his mother was already dead when he was born so Reiko wanted to take care of Sakakibara being his 2nd mother and Reiko and Ritsuko is almost look-alike, its explained in manga.

I think the dead one was his Mother not his Aunt. He only realizes this at the end and remains silent. The dead one can be any victim from the calamity. His mother was a victim who died during child birth because her sister, Reiko was currently in class 3 at the time. His Aunt did die a year and a half ago and he went to the funeral, but it wasn't the Aunt. Think about it. It makes the ending that more tragic, if he had to kill his Mother. Why even bother having his Mother and Aunt look very similar in the show. It's a dropped fact connected to the last twist. I know the discussion has ended a while back, but I watched Another for a second time and caught it.
Dec 22, 2012 1:11 AM

Dec 2010
Really great anime. This is what the final destination movies wished they could be!
Dec 22, 2012 3:07 AM

Apr 2012
josofo said:
well no problem misaki witness reiko get murdered (which is probably a plothole considering that memory should be erased).

She did forget, she just remembered it at the end.

Kazami sure was an ass.
chicagopianoDec 22, 2012 3:13 AM
'A man, that maketh haste to be rich, and envieth others, is ignorant that poverty shall come upon him'. - Proverbs 28:22
Dec 27, 2012 6:50 AM

May 2012
This is probably the best anime I've seen in 2012. How come I didn't know that such anime exist ?

10/10
Dec 27, 2012 9:36 AM

Nov 2012
A bit disappointed. But still good.
7/10
Dec 30, 2012 1:32 PM

Dec 2008
Whaaaat!?! That was a great Anime. For once I watched a horror anime without trying to predict everything & it was so much fun!

I had NO idea Reiko was Mikami-Sensei, when they showed that, it came to me like a HUGE slap in my face, that was a lot of fun.

The fact that she was the dead one was also surprising, not as surprising as Reiko & Sensei being the same people but it was still good they didn't make it Misaki/Sakakibara/Akazawa.

And yeah, when Grandpa said "My dear Ritsuko, Reiko" I was like "Eh? Reiko's not dead...she's right there you old git, open your eyes"

Hahahaha turns out I was the blind one xD
Jan 3, 2013 7:55 AM
Nov 2012
why does sakakibara's father knew that sakakibara had been in the province 1.5 years ago and suddenly took it back? also rieko was killed 1.5 years ago and sakakibara does not remeber that he met izumi before?

the man who stabbed rieko looked like sakakibara. so maybe sakakibara went insane that time and killed rieko and maybe something happen that he don't remember that he met izumi before? it is kind of confusing -_-
Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.