Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 21, 2012 3:43 AM
Dec 2007
One of the most impressive episodes of the series. And we finally get to see the Master of it all, on top of that.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 21, 2012 5:31 AM

Nov 2009
Taichii!!! Great move!

I hope there's going to be a second season.

Maybe the second season will focus more on arata's side of the story? Since he bare have much airtime.
Mar 21, 2012 7:37 AM

May 2010
Nice match,next is final episode.....:(
Mar 21, 2012 7:40 AM

Dec 2011
I'm ready to let this go, and watch a seccond season that is, hopefully, as good as this one.
Definetly a master piece.
Mar 21, 2012 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
idk why but that master seems annoying
Mar 21, 2012 10:50 AM

Dec 2011
Digglett said:
HawthorneKitty said:
YEAH, FUCK YOU YAMAMOTO YUMI!
You can't contest for shit if the cameras are rolling.

My exact reaction. Was cheering for Shinobu the whole time.

Yes yes yes!!!! If Chiyaha is going to face one of them to be the quen it´s better to be someone who can win without cheat!
Also, Taichi realise he won´t be able to always help Chiyaha and that he needs to pratice too!
Now I wonder what we will see in the last episode...
Mar 21, 2012 11:09 AM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode!!
Damn Taichi's mom is so scary xDD
"Operation who gives a damn about broadcast schedule" :DDD
Master match looks interesting.I hope it will continue in next ep.

Where is SEASON 2 announcement??!!!
Mar 21, 2012 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
Idk about that Master guy...hmmm. Anyway the way he took that card was awesome! I had to watch it 3 times. i like how he just ninja-touched the card, guess he's smooth like that.
Mar 21, 2012 12:45 PM

Aug 2007
Whahaha, that's really Shinobu, eating everything just for that gadget. I really like it. ^^ She's still Shinobu!

Poor Chihaya, Taichi's mom... D:

Hisashi Suo looks damn hot. ^.^ I think it's still cool we get to see these matches, even though it through a television in a television. Yes, I would like to see a second season, but let us first see what the final episode will bring, okay? ^^

DVD sales were very low, so perhaps not a big chance...
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 21, 2012 3:25 PM

Apr 2010
Ah c'mon people, there aint nothing wrong putting on some weight to get enough proof of purchases to get that cute lil bag she had with her. Hell, for Shinobu gaining the extra weight was a small price to pay for the hang bag. But I did do a double take when I see her tho...

BTW, did anyone else think that Shinobu is like Araki from Area no Kishi? Being able to lose or gain an ungodly amount weight from one episode to another?

Ditto to everyone cockblocking Tachi >:(
Mar 21, 2012 4:52 PM

Dec 2006
Chihaya better go for Arata, Having Taichi mom as mother-in-law would be displeasing xD...

This was a good episode, only one left T_T ... Please Madhouse we all want a 2nd season annoucement ;O;!! I really want more Arata -3-
Mar 21, 2012 9:08 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty good episode. With the way things are headed, I'm gonna assume there will be a second season. If not, expect me to throw a fit.

Shinobu's a likable character, I appreciated the showcased bits of her past. If Chihaya ever makes it to play for the position of the Queen, I wonder how much better she could be. Shinobu's reflexes and accuracy are crazy, even with that extra weight.
Hopefully Chihaya's realization on Shinobu and Kanade's approach to the game and their love for the cards themselves will help her move forward and improve, it could give her another helpful perspective while playing.

I wonder how they're going to end the season with the next episode.
Mar 21, 2012 9:26 PM

Mar 2010
YES TAKE THAT YUMI YOU CHEATING LITTLE PUNK!

I mean...

How unfortunate for Yumi that she couldn't beat the queen even though she was legit handicapped

The final episode looks good, kinda sad that we probably won't get a final win from chihaya though

Also, calling a second season now, the manga is selling really well, and even made number 1 this week, and the dvd/blu ray sales are looking pretty good as well, I've seen shows with fewer sales get multiple seasons, but if it doesn't get another, it'll be due to low advertising revenue, and if that's the case, screw japan

Also I never wanna hear the word "Yumin" again, they killed that during this episode
Mar 22, 2012 1:54 AM

Jun 2011
WHAT. THE. FUCK. DID THEY DO TO MY SHINOBU!!!!!

FFUUUUCCCCKKKKK DX

0/5 just for that. thats right dammit.

just kidding

5/5

There better be a second season for this, but I've heard that this show getting very little views in Japan so that might not happen TT^TT
Mar 22, 2012 4:05 AM

Apr 2011
LOL I was actually surprised they did that to my Shinobu. But shes still Shinobu so shes awesome regardless.

Great ep though.
Mar 22, 2012 6:44 AM

Jul 2011
I think Shinobu is faster than Suo(reflexes I mean) and he's really young too, maybe an university student.

One more episode left :(

I don't care about the last episode, I will give 9/10 anyway.

Now hoping for a second season >.<
Mar 22, 2012 11:29 AM
Mar 2011
Next week will be emotional, especially if there's no season 2 announcement.
Mar 22, 2012 12:13 PM

Mar 2009
i need a second season!!!! D'8
Mar 22, 2012 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
HAHAHAHA it's hilarious reading all the complaints about chubby Shinobu. Shows how many people -really- liked her ;) I still adore her, she loves karuta so much. Loved the moment when she realized that it wasn't the kimono that was making her feel heavy hahah. <3

How come Master has to win three matches to remain Master, but Queen only had to win two? What did I miss?

SECOND SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT WHERE?!?!?!??
Mar 22, 2012 4:03 PM

Jan 2010
Jmac said:
BTW, did anyone else think that Shinobu is like Araki from Area no Kishi? Being able to lose or gain an ungodly amount weight from one episode to another?

Heh. That was my first thought, too.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Mar 22, 2012 4:40 PM

Dec 2009
I was... shocked to see Shinobu gained... some weight. No, I'm not kidding, when I saw her pictures in a blog I didn't know that was Shinobu. But, regardless of weight she will always be the queen.

The battle for the King title seems interesting. I wonder why Shinobu dislikes that dude so much.
Mar 22, 2012 7:56 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Suo finally!!!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 22, 2012 8:06 PM
Nov 2011
Takai said:
HAHAHAHA it's hilarious reading all the complaints about chubby Shinobu. Shows how many people -really- liked her ;) I still adore her, she loves karuta so much. Loved the moment when she realized that it wasn't the kimono that was making her feel heavy hahah. <3

How come Master has to win three matches to remain Master, but Queen only had to win two? What did I miss?

SECOND SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT WHERE?!?!?!??

Meijin's just messing with his opponent. He's an asshole aferall. lmao

The winner of the Queen/Meijin match is the person who wins 2/3 games.
Mar 23, 2012 4:13 AM

Oct 2010
Takai said:

I think the Queen match is best of 3, and the Master match is best of 5.
Mar 23, 2012 10:23 AM

May 2010
The current master is too awesom- NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SHINOBU?!?!?
Mar 23, 2012 11:31 AM
Sep 2011
Geez, stop being so superficial. Shinobu just gained some weight, she's still the same person.

Anyway, that was once again a superb episode. It was nice that we got some insight into Shinobu's past and the match was incredibly intense and unpredictable considering her current handycap.
Mar 23, 2012 11:47 AM

Feb 2010
There needs to be a second season... seriously! We're JUST meeting the current master & I want more Arata screentime...

and I want to see Arata play Suo.
Mar 23, 2012 6:08 PM

Apr 2010
FHJKHFDAOJK??!! I had to stare at the screen for the longest time until I finally realized that was really Shinobu. Girl must love Snowmaru o.o

Taichi's mom is such an ass to everyone. I would hate to have her a mother -_-

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Mar 23, 2012 8:44 PM

Jul 2009
Oh my god Taichi's mom O_O She's ... scary ... lol XD I was kinda hoping Chihaya would FINALLY UNDERSTAND TAICHI after coming into his room but NO D;
I admit that I didn't think the last two episodes was gonna be watching them compete for titles but I'm not necessarily against it :P Really wanted Yumi to win though T_T I dunno why I really liked her ... shame Shinobu won :( Ah well - but why are the Queen matches best of 3 and the Master ones best of 5? o_O Oh and lol at Shinobu gaining all that weight from eating ice cream XD I didn't recognize her until the characters said who she was ...
The Master seems pretty intense O_O I wonder if it's only a coincidence he won by the same number of card as Shinobu did? He's pretty crazy ... I can see why Chihaya's like him :P
I wonder how they're gonna do the last episode? I mean just watching them play wouldn't be that great of an ending IMO ;P SEASON TWO PLEASE! XD
Mar 25, 2012 4:17 AM

May 2009
Shinobu! O__O Is it even possible to gain so much weight in such a short time?!

I love this show so much, seriously, we need a second season.
Mar 25, 2012 6:16 PM

Apr 2009
LOL Shinobu you are amazing. :)
Mar 29, 2012 6:51 AM

Mar 2010
I'm actually glad Yumi lost, that beezy needed to be taken down a peg.
Lovin this King though, he's got swag up the yin-yang~!( ´∀`)☆

Apr 2, 2012 3:46 PM

May 2010
I felt sorry for Shinobu since she gained wait. I thought it was interesting finding out more of her backstory. I felt sorry for Yumi because she lost, and she's put so much work into karuta. The Master looks interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the Master match.
I also wonder how they are going to wrap this up with one more episode. Either they will, or it will be pretty open-ended.
Apr 7, 2012 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
Too much McDonalds man.

Anyways, I hope there will be a second season! Man... there are so many good players now, makes it so much more interesting. Its impossible to sum up everything within the next episode in my opinion. (last episode)
Apr 8, 2012 7:01 AM

Jul 2011
bastek66 said:

AHAHAHAHAHA OMG OMG ROFL!!!!
When they first shown the queen i was like shocked and then laughed in disbelief, is that really my beautiful and cool Shinobu? OH GOD that's the weirdest twist ever in an anime!!!

I love the part when she wipe her face with snowmaru handkerchief so pridefully, lol this Queen is really interesting and not one-dimensional at all... definitely my new favorite character!!

and this episode is so good, makes me rate this anime from 8 to 9...

ps : The master is so HOT!!! Hellyeah
Apr 10, 2012 4:34 AM

Jun 2008
Well Shinobu may have gotten fat and ruined the expectation of those waiting to see her again looking all cool but at least we got loli Shinobu as compensation.
Apr 16, 2012 6:25 AM

Nov 2010
Mm S2 would be nice!
Apr 20, 2012 11:16 PM

Oct 2011
seishi-sama said:
So, how many people removed Shinobu from their favorites after watching this episode?

If they removed her, that's probably only because they're only for Shinobu's looks, which is really lame. =/ Personally, I think Shinobu is a very interesting character. One who needs more friends and love. I wish she could be friends with Chihaya in the future.
May 5, 2012 12:04 AM

Mar 2009
I never expected Shinobu to look like that.
May 11, 2012 6:04 PM

Nov 2007
SHINOBU?! WTH?! WHAT HAPPENED?! Hoho.
Still, Like You, Shinobu.. :DDD
May 15, 2012 10:27 AM

Mar 2008
I really like Shinobu. Glad she won, she deserves it. I also like the "twist", it makes her even more likeable for me. One does not necessarily has to be slim, she still rocks the game :)
Jun 19, 2012 1:23 AM

Feb 2009
Interesting players in the final matches! Yeah Im starting to feel sorry for Taichi, but I still prefer Arata.
Aug 10, 2012 8:47 PM

Nov 2011
NOOO SHINOBU! WHY YOU SO FAT NOW! YOU WERE AWESOME BEFORE!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 9, 2012 5:24 PM
Jan 2012
Wow, Shinobu changed quite a lot. Still a good karuta player, but she would be so much better without the extra weight. The masters round looks like its going to be really intense too.
Sep 25, 2012 1:16 AM

Oct 2011
bastek66 said:

I- I wasn't ready. I'm in tears from laughing too hard!! TuT
Sep 27, 2012 8:29 AM

Jun 2009
My reactions.

Finals!! Shinobu versus Yumi ^_^

"Who's that chubby one?"

*notice the eyes*

"Shi... nobu?"

*The scene where everyone is shocked*
ROFLMFAO!!!! OMG!!! WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU SHINOBU!!!!!!

She's still awesome though ^_^
1: Arata
2: Shinobu
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
Yumi needs to just step aside and let someone who actually DESERVES to be in the finals be there instead of taking cards from them by bitching that she got it first. She's such a shitty player I really hate the character.
Mar 9, 2013 11:41 PM

Jul 2009
intense episode :D

Taichi's mother can really be scary!!!!

yeah im really surprised at the transformation of Shinobu The Queen O_____O

Yumin is actually a bank receptionist huh?

cool ^^

Shinobu getting sad that she's failing to get her cards.

Chihaya carefully watching the match!

Yumin Lost!

i kinda feel bad about her, despite her constant contests with Chihaya

she worked really hard ;(

Shinobu so heartless not remembering Yumin even just after a year when she became The Queen T__T

wow so this is the master O_O

Suo

Everyone is watching him

and wow did they really broadcast in national televesion that he STILL hasn't graduated college yet? lol

Chihaya really surprised on how he moves O_O

hope Arata beats the hell out of this guy or even Taichi!!!

this is getting intense, season season 2 is already confirmed i hope we get to see a much stronger Chihaya, Arata, and Taichi!!!!!

beat The Queen Shinobu and Master Suo!!!!!!!!!
May 14, 2013 12:52 AM

Jan 2013
The queen putting on so much weight is unrealistic.
Also it's nice to see the Master. I want a Master vs. Queen match
May 24, 2013 6:21 PM
Apr 2011
I don't understand why Yumi gets much hate. She worked hard and she knows how to play competitively. She's a hard worker who became queen and is at least a match against the current one who wins chiefly by god-given talent. I praise Yumi for being able to carry on after being crushed by destiny like that.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
Apr 24, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.