Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2012 3:04 PM
Aug 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
HAHAHA!!!

Oh wow....I really can't believe it ended this way.

Out of respect for the many Negima Fans I will not say all the negative things I want to say.

JUST WOW.....Ken you are truly the world's greatest Troll.

6/10....Don't want a sequel or spin-off, I'm DONE!
Mar 10, 2012 3:04 PM

Mar 2008
Its OVEEEEEEEERRRR!!!
Thank you Ken Akamatsu for the great 9 years of Negima.
Looking forward to your future works.
Mar 10, 2012 3:13 PM

May 2009
Satisfying ending. Thank you.

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Mar 10, 2012 3:15 PM

Aug 2009
from a 9 to 7. I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see Negi find his dad journey. Oh well
Mar 10, 2012 3:18 PM
Jan 2008
Man, fuck Kodansha.
Mar 10, 2012 3:22 PM
Aug 2010
Aezile said:
Satisfying ending. Thank you.

I don't mean to offend but.....HOW THE HELL is this a "Satisfying ending"?

This is the biggest Troll job...EVER!

Not only did they not show who Negi ended up with (Although, I personally guess it was Ayaka).

They show Nagi???

LOL...OK, skip one of the biggest moments in this manga by not even showing it.

There are no words to properly describe what just happened.
ichig0fanMar 10, 2012 4:21 PM
Mar 10, 2012 3:23 PM

Mar 2008
So did Setsuna and Konoka Marry each other?
Also, They FORGOT Ookouchi Akira!!! How DARE YOU AKAMATSU KEN?!? WHY!?!
Mar 10, 2012 3:27 PM

Aug 2008
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:

Uh, no he didn't.
Mar 10, 2012 3:31 PM

Mar 2008
Ustnap said:
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:

Uh, no he didn't.

I just double checked it. Where? What page?
Mar 10, 2012 3:33 PM
Aug 2010
^^Page 13....she's next to Ako.
Mar 10, 2012 3:38 PM

Mar 2008
ichigo03 said:
^^Page 13....she's next to Ako.

Oh your right. Didn't notice because she looked like Kugimiya.
And I was looking for her long hair.
Mar 10, 2012 3:45 PM

Sep 2007
OH !
Natsumi was with her lover. :)
Mar 10, 2012 3:50 PM

Aug 2011
This is just SAD -.-" wanted some BAD @SS ending >.> and ofc i wanted to know with who Negi ended to be -.-" maybe Ken will make a Negima Special or something for Negi and his GF or Wife ! :< ...dun wanna get hopes up :< ..anyway this is just a "meh" ending -.-" i wanted something better for Negima :(

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)
Mar 10, 2012 4:09 PM

May 2008
Interesting way to end the series...well it was a great series.

Looking forward to Akamatsu Ken-Sensei Next series.
Mar 10, 2012 4:11 PM

Nov 2007
Lets use a point ranking system for this finale, we will start with 0 points:
+1 Pretty color first page
+3 adult Nodoka is lovely
-10 NAGI OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE!
+1 Nagi being Nagi
-1 The twins are the biggest sluts in the series now
-20 Nagi rescued off screen
-15 Nodoka end denied hard
+5 Implied marriage between Konoka and Setsuna
+2 Long haired Ako is <3
+2 Holy shit the twins turned out pretty hot after all
-15 HOW DARE YOU TURN CHISAME FULL HIKKI AKAMATSU! OVER THE FUCKING LINE!
+5 Chachamaru was getting wound up by Negi daily
+2 Eva lives on happily
-10 No mention of Negi's mother
-10 No mention of who that other girl who looked related to Negi in MW was
-10 No mention on who the one Negi liked was (no it wasnt Yue)
-10 Everything else left unexplained that at this point I cant think about

Overall: -80

I had this manga at 9/10, dropping it to 8/10 because it managed to be a great manga for 90% of its run. Also a big congratulations to Ken Akamatsu, sir...you managed to create an ending to a manga even shittier than CLAMP, that takes skill right there. If you are planning some form of sequel of spin-off that will cover the missing content then I will be more forgiving of this, but if not...well

FUCK YOU KEN AKAMATSU!
Mar 10, 2012 4:12 PM

Jul 2010
Really? Like "what the heck!". How could you ever end a series of that length in such a manner. Are you trying to define a new level or trolliness?
You never fully address anything about Nagi.
You insinuated about Negi getting together with someone, but never show it?
You give Asuna, a main character, one appearance in the last chapter.
This makes me rage!
This series started out with a 7, then went to a 10, then drop to a 9, and now it is a 8. Keep in mind that I am a very very lenient critic, but his even makes me dissappointed. I was hoping for something fantastic after a long running series. My last words to you, wait I don't have anything but a "Grrrr."
But still, with this long rant, I will still support your future series. Notice how I said "will" meaning that I expect one. I am hoping you create something with the strength of Love Hina once again.
Thank you.
Mar 10, 2012 4:19 PM
Aug 2010
game8910 said:
I had this manga at 9/10, dropping it to 8/10 because it managed to be a great manga for 90% of its run.

I agree 100% with what you said.

Although, I'm not as merciful as you are.

Yes, Negima was absolutely great for 90% of it's run....however, that last 10% was so important and so necessary to be a "Good" story I can't give this manga higher than a 6/10

game8910 said:
FUCK YOU KEN AKAMATSU!

Best Comment of the thread so far.
Mar 10, 2012 4:20 PM

Feb 2010
I suppose there are much worse final chapters you can have than this. At least we got confirmation on a few pairs (Hakase/Godel, WTF?). I was still hoping for Negi/Chisame, or at least Negi/Anyone.
Mar 10, 2012 4:22 PM

Jun 2010
didn't makie call nagi father? so i assume it was her? that was a crap ending like what everyone else said nagi popping out of nowhere and chisama into a hikkikomori was sad indeed
Mar 10, 2012 4:22 PM

Sep 2008
The ending was okay and was Ken hinting at that Konoka and Setuna got married?! Since they both got married the year 2017.

And yeah who is the person who Negi is in love with?! >_> damn it Ken! And were was Negi dad's at anyways?! NEED ANSWERS!
Mar 10, 2012 4:23 PM

Oct 2010
Damn trolling. Looks like Arika died so Eva might pursue Nagi with full force. Also, wouldn't Negi be the last descendant and not Asuna?

And no info on Negi's favorite girl? Chachamaru is his mistress as she got a lot of winding on the side. I want to say its Makie because she addressed Nagi as father.
Chisame, Ayaka, Ku, Akira, and Ako still stand a very good chance. Ideally for me, his favorite girl was Konoka or Setsuna and they compromised with a threesome marriage where all 3 got what they wanted.

Kotarou x Natsumi are an item. Fate x Sakurako are likely an item. Konoka x Setsuna are an item (hopefully with Negi so we get a poor man's harem ending).
Yue x Nodoka could be interpreted as a yuri couple from the quote.
Mar 10, 2012 4:25 PM

Dec 2010
So it ends...

Well that was really disappointing... I didn't expect it to be good but I didn't expect it to be this bad either... Good thing is all characters looked rather good as adults.

Well it was a good ride nonetheless. Thank you for all these years Ken, and I'm sorry to see that your manga had to end this way.
Mar 10, 2012 4:26 PM

Mar 2011
Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh................

Who is the chosen one ?????????????????

Don't end it like thisssssssssssssssssssss
Mar 10, 2012 4:28 PM

Aug 2010
And thus Negima ends. I'll admit, there were some bumps in the road, but honestly I really enjoyed the ride. I really love the cast of characters and it was nice to see an epilogue for all of them. Negima is just the perfect blend of action, romance and comedy for me, and it still holds its place as my favorite manga. I can't give it a 10 in good faith, but it gets a very high 9.
Mar 10, 2012 4:30 PM
Sep 2009
I hope with all my might that Akamatsu has Parkson!

So he'll never draw manga in life. I do not read his work ever again. 9 years reading to the end of this shit?

FUCK YOU KEN AKAMATSU!
Mar 10, 2012 4:34 PM

Jul 2008
Ken used unlimited troll works.
It was super effective!

Seriously so bad, so so bad, there's just no words to describe how retarded this was.
I cannot see this in another way than Ken handing this chapter to his editor with a trollface.

You know what, I don't even want a sequel/spin off manga anymore. Ken is obviously fed up with the characters and this setting so anything else deviated from Mahou sensei Negima would turn into retarded nonsense.
Mar 10, 2012 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
And thus Negima ends. I'll admit, there were some bumps in the road, but honestly I really enjoyed the ride

THIS is the best sentence in this topic. Even with a final rather meh, that doesn't erase the great times i had with this manga. Of course, i could enter whiny mode and start my bitching... but i rather say that Negima ended 9/10 instead 10/10. Even if Ken made Chisame a Hikikomori (WTF, man? xD)
Mar 10, 2012 4:36 PM

Apr 2010
While we all know the ending was botched in so many ways, I can't really be too harsh on Akamatsu. While there was many questions that weren't answered directly, this ending still leaves me with a warm feeling that everything worked out in the end. Cliche, I know, but still I'm satisfied enough.

Negima was my first manga that I followed since probably around 2007, and it was the first series that introduced me into non-American mainstream J-Pop culture. Funny story with that, but I'll share that story on my blog another day.

Thank you Ken Akamatsu for the magic that Negima brought into my life, and what it did for my future. I'll always remember all the epic magic battles, romantic comedy, the story of fighting for your perception of "good', and of course of everyone of the Negima universe. I hope you the best of luck in future projects and hope to see it soon!
Mar 10, 2012 4:40 PM

Jun 2007
so we get a heads up that it is going to end
and okay they do end up fixing Mars but Negi's main reason finding daddy is how...? who knows for all we know Negi pulled Nagi out of the ground and made him a zombie, sheesh at least im trying to explain from where Nagi came from.

and Negi loves hmmm im going to say Naru from Love Hina
why not?
no closesure
Mar 10, 2012 4:41 PM
Mar 2012
serously, what happened to anya and negi's onee-san?
why was so many things not explained ............
Mar 10, 2012 4:42 PM
Oct 2010
sucks..
Mar 10, 2012 4:48 PM
Oct 2008
I've been reading this manga for the past 6 years... I for one actually enjoyed the Magic World Arc... but this ending is just a kick in the nads...

... I used to think Togashi was a bitch for what he did to YYH, but what Ken did is just incredibly f@cked up how can you do this after 9 years.
aksdmklsmalasMar 10, 2012 5:33 PM
Mar 10, 2012 4:59 PM

Jun 2011
AAARRGGGH NO NODOKA X NEGI, NO SHIPPING EITHER.
I AM SO DISAPPOINT.

Through the process of elimination, Negi's wife must either be Anya or some other girl that has not been mentioned for a while.

Grr, I've been reading this for so long (from the Mahora martial arts tournament?) waiting for answers to my questions, but many never got answered D:

Well, it certainly wasn't a BAD ride all in all, but its kind of an underwhelming ending.
Mar 10, 2012 5:00 PM

May 2011
Rather disappointing end, but overall it was ok.
Mar 10, 2012 5:04 PM

May 2011
Alpharon said:
And thus Negima ends. I'll admit, there were some bumps in the road, but honestly I really enjoyed the ride

THIS is the best sentence in this topic. Even with a final rather meh, that doesn't erase the great times i had with this manga. Of course, i could enter whiny mode and start my bitching... but i rather say that Negima ended 9/10 instead 10/10. Even if Ken made Chisame a Hikikomori (WTF, man? xD)

I'm with you. To think Chisame become hikikomori, it was the surprise for the 'so-so' ending here.
Mar 10, 2012 5:06 PM

Oct 2007
We can only hope there is some kind of epilogue chapter, I mean we can only pray. He was going through this great journey looking for his father when, tada daddy pops up with no explanation and no girl for Negi. I know we are suppose to look at the journey not the destination but come on. Throw me a freaking bone here. Here I was hoping for some kind of open ending for a sequel or something, but he thinks he can tie it up like this. Well as much as I love the series I can't help but feel incomplete with it ending like this. Here's hoping for something more.
Mar 10, 2012 5:09 PM

Apr 2011
Oh, i almost forgot. I want to nominate Mahou Sensei Negima for best crack pairing ever. I mean...

Don't know what i put that on spoiler xD
Mar 10, 2012 5:10 PM

Feb 2012
9 years of greatness destroyed in a time of mere months.Except form the fact that we have Nagi appearing out of nowhere,after spending almost 1 volume to find Negi's choice we still don't get an answer.And so his favorite girl became like Altantis or Bigfoot just a legend.
Mar 10, 2012 5:19 PM
Aug 2010
Siscokid said:
We can only hope there is some kind of epilogue chapter, I mean we can only pray.

Dude....I hate to tell you this but....

This WAS the Epilogue chapter, when we saw all the characters and what they did with their lives....that's what an epilogue chapter is!!!

Sorry, Ken just trolled this manga....probably forever, we'll never know who Negi chose.

Mokkori-kun said:
9 years of greatness destroyed in a time of mere months.

I personally think that Negima started to go downhill near the end of the Magic World arc.

Honestly, I didn't expect a good finale, but then again I didn't expect it to be this terrible.

Biggest Mangaka Troll Contest

KEN>>>>KUBO>>>>>KISHIMOTO

LOL....All "K's" I see a common theme
Mar 10, 2012 5:21 PM

Apr 2011
TechDragon said:
Interesting way to end the series...well it was a great series.

Looking forward to Akamatsu Ken-Sensei Next series.

OMG You read my mine on that XD
Mar 10, 2012 5:24 PM

Nov 2008
...OK a bit of a disappointing way to end a long running series such as this, thought we would get all questions answered instead left with a 'what the fuck? 'feeling. Most disappointing of it being Nagi's sudden appearance considering Negi's whole looking for my father quest was introduced in the beginning.
5/10 ending
Mar 10, 2012 5:25 PM

Jun 2009
Troll ending. Too bad, because when Negima was at its best, it was amazing. But I felt that the quality started to drop after the School Festival arc. It a shame, though, as it could have been so much more. 7/10 overall.
Mar 10, 2012 5:31 PM
Dec 2011
i was really disappointed by the ending especially since negima was my favorite manga before this but this ending ruins it for me. especially since this whole manga was about his journey to find his dad and they just mention offhandedly that he was rescued and not give even a couple of pages to it. also they leave way to many questions unanswered
daresdkMar 10, 2012 5:35 PM
Mar 10, 2012 5:41 PM
Jul 2009
well, great manga, shitty ending. kinda tough to process, no longer interested in a continuation/gap filling. My biggest complaint: if he was going to leave Negi's partner situation open ended, leave it open for everyone rather than closing the door on just a few routes :(

adjusting the final score from 8-6 was tough, but as much as I enjoyed it right up until the end, I can't really say I'd recommend it to someone simply because the end is so unsatisfying...
littlemephiMar 10, 2012 5:46 PM
Mar 10, 2012 5:43 PM

Dec 2011
Well, since it have been great (forget the ending), I will be lenient.
Mar 10, 2012 5:51 PM

May 2008
ahhh so disappointed wish it carried on oh well lol hope his next work is better
Mar 10, 2012 5:53 PM

Sep 2008
Welp. They rescued Negi's dad, we got to see where everyone ended up. I'm satisfied. Not what I thought I was in for at the end of the magical world arc, but that's fine. I like that he didn't show us who Negi ended up with. His relationship with each of his students is equally precious, and subverting the typical harem situation has always been a big part of this comic. Ken specifically made Negi a child so that he could throw in the harem type gags but not have it actually lead to serious romance since he's a child, and I like that the ending brought it back to that.

Looking forward to what he puts out next.
Mar 10, 2012 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD YA the biggest Troll ever :D
but it was a good manga, so Ken please make an even better manga and finish it with even better trolling XD
Mar 10, 2012 6:14 PM

Aug 2011
Ultimately I'm disappointed with the ending.

The big thing of course being the Lifemaker vs Negi and class fight, and how Nagi comes out of it all. There's no way it should just get glossed over like that, it was the whole point of the series to get him back. There has to be a spinoff of sorts in the future to get the details. Also, no mention of Arika was strange as well.

However, I don't mind that Negi's crush was left open ended.
And I'm happy at the allusion that Konoka and Setsuna got married.
Mar 10, 2012 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
....biggest troll ive ever read T.T.......most of the time i gave it a 10-9 :)......after reading the final chapter it has a 1 x.x(yes one,im not forgetting the zero!)
maybe when i calm down ill change it to something higher....but >.>...maybe 6?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 24 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 19, 2023

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 19, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 46 Discussion

Deago - Jul 15, 2022

1 by KeyboardKlutz »»
Aug 19, 2022 11:39 AM

» Who he ends up with and how many

Radtoter - Sep 28, 2021

1 by asiank0ala »»
Jun 4, 2022 8:24 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 14 Discussion

R2 - Oct 27, 2017

1 by Mattinator95 »»
Mar 2, 2021 5:38 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 1 Discussion

Vegaplus - Jan 5, 2011

4 by Mattinator95 »»
Mar 1, 2021 7:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.