Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2012 3:37 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
My tears are really sensible, these last weeks. ;_;

Good to see this adult Taisuke.

EDIT: First!
And I must add this comment from someone at Crunchyroll: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g6orub
Mar 1, 2012 4:15 AM

Dec 2009
AWESOME episode. I almost cried at some points.

And I'm sure that I am not the only one who noticed who the person Bossun saved was ;)

So does the Bossun arc. still continue next week?

5/5
Mar 1, 2012 4:40 AM

Aug 2009
I shed some tears. BGM really makes the scene more beautiful.
Great episode ♥

Already 'Happy Rebirthday'?! Surely, next episode will be great too.
Mar 1, 2012 6:33 AM

May 2011
Sir_Lexa said:

And I'm sure that I am not the only one who noticed who the person Bossun saved was ;)

5/5
Yukari_Hiwada said:
I shed some tears. BGM really makes the scene more beautiful.
Great episode ♥

Already 'Happy Rebirthday'?! Surely, next episode will be great too.

That, and that^ Cant wait for the next episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 1, 2012 7:16 AM
Aug 2011
Mochiron, The next episode must be the best of three. I can't wait for it.

Mar 1, 2012 7:26 AM

Aug 2009
Sir_Lexa said:

The truth is that the current opening made it pretty clear.
Mar 1, 2012 8:21 AM

Dec 2011
Im betting that Bossun will get with Hime and have his own son. :p And who was that old man at the end?
Mar 1, 2012 9:07 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome. Best episode so far. Not even Switch arc come close in comparison
It's been a while since I'm almost crying watching an anime

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeJun 9, 2020 12:47 PM
Mar 1, 2012 9:51 AM

Feb 2008
We saw Switch from the past too and his little brother were alive and we saw Bossun save Tsubaki from the bullie but he don't know that was Bossun that save him haha. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 1, 2012 10:10 AM

Dec 2009
TitanioVerde said:
Sir_Lexa said:

The truth is that the current opening made it pretty clear.

How come?

And @ Hiruman. Spoiler much? Use spoiler tags.
Mar 1, 2012 10:37 AM

Jun 2009
I'm not one who easily cries but this bossun arc was so sad and SO GOOD. I loved Switches/Onihime's arcs but Bossun's on a level a bit higher.

Episode 48: Rebirthday - does it continue somehow next week?
Mar 1, 2012 11:36 AM

Apr 2010
Couldn't help but laugh at the hit and run number plate. My second favourite episode so far… quite liked switch's brother episode slightly better
Mar 1, 2012 12:25 PM

Mar 2008
so many tears ;~;
Mar 1, 2012 1:04 PM

Oct 2010
That was a great episode, been waiting for it all week.

Himeko looked fantastic :o

I wonder what next episode holds. "Happy rebirthday"?

5/5
Mar 1, 2012 1:05 PM

May 2009
Really nice Himeko after credits
Mar 1, 2012 1:17 PM

Mar 2010
All the flashback arcs are sooooo good in this anime. Can't wait to see Himeko in a maid outfit next episode!
Mar 1, 2012 1:19 PM

May 2011
bastek66 said:
Really nice Himeko after credits
LOL at Bossun when he said Hime looked like Hilda from Beelzebub

Mar 1, 2012 1:34 PM

May 2008
Switch's arc was sadder and more well-done imo, but this arc was good too.
Mar 1, 2012 2:16 PM

Jan 2012
the manga of this was good, but man, the anime was epic! The BGM was great, and bossun was great this arc. By far my best back story
BUT!!
can't wait for the next episode, think that'll be just as good as the previous two!! xD
Mar 1, 2012 2:18 PM

Dec 2009
Katsuri said:

Well in this arc you actually got to feel bad for the main character, instead of being mad about his stupidity. Like in Switch's arc.
Sir_LexaMar 2, 2012 2:58 PM
Mar 1, 2012 2:49 PM

May 2010
Next episode will be good can't wait
Mar 1, 2012 2:58 PM

Jul 2011
Next episode! <3

The old man... is

Guess his last name.

This was pretty good. I liked the manga version better though.
Mar 1, 2012 3:17 PM
Dec 2011
Sir_Lexa said:

5/5

I noticed it was the student council guy right but i think this was the end of the bossun arch but since the the girls arch told hoe they got to gether there will probaply another serious arch with how the club was joined when switch comes together with them or he joins after.

What can you say about such a series 40 episodes of pure highlarryusness and 7 heart warming and tear jerking drama. Pure genius thats what
Mar 1, 2012 3:17 PM

Sep 2010
Last 2 episodes were really depressing. Maid cafe at the end lightened up the mood a bit, especially Himeko in that outfit.
Mar 1, 2012 4:41 PM

Jan 2011
even without reading the manga i knew who that kid was but i did shed *A* tear at the end..next week is Happy Rebirthday lolwut arc part C?.
Mar 1, 2012 4:59 PM

Jan 2010
i love bossun! one of the most likeable characters in anime/manga tbh.

not gonna try to compare any arcs, but let's just come to a conclusion that these "serious" eps are the best. but it sort of made me realize how much i appreciate the energy that is sket dance. apparently the anime doesn't really do the manga any justice but it's still entertaining!
Mar 1, 2012 5:44 PM

May 2010
I was getting all teary ;_;
but then in the end when Bossun got smacked in the face with the bottle cork, i laughed so hard XD nice one! haha
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 1, 2012 7:33 PM

Apr 2010
I cried. I love this anime so much. It makes me laugh and cry. Perfect.
Mar 1, 2012 8:18 PM

Mar 2011
Ufu! the megane dweeb was Tsubaki!
I always knew they had a special bond.

and lol at the Beelzebub ref in the end.

As far as this arc goes, it was pretty good, but it could have been better and less cliche. It was better than Switch's arc though, which, while it was powerful and tragic, it wasn't executed in a way that was suitable for this anime, in my opinion.
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Mar 1, 2012 8:35 PM

Jul 2010
I haven't cried this much since Switch's arc.
Mar 1, 2012 9:00 PM

Aug 2011
Katsuri said:

To each their own opinion :3
Mar 1, 2012 9:00 PM

May 2008
i got all teary even though i read the manga and knew what was going to happen. :( Well its not over yet. Happy Rebirthday...

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 1, 2012 11:53 PM
Aug 2010
OK, seriously, how old is the Sket Dance mangaka.....because he writes like a 10 year old!

So, I thought last week's episode was great, one of their best ever, I expected an even better follow up in this episode.

I honestly can't believe how HORRIBLE the mangaka is at storytelling!!!

What the fuck, the guy that was saved by Bossun's dad just happened to be at the EXACT same spot and at the exact same time with Bossun?

OK....sure

But it gets better.....he happens to have the gift which Bossun's dad left behind, 15 years ago?

Why didn't he give it to Akane....why didn't he try to look them up through all these years, why does this seem like a story written by a fucking child!!!

Then the guys that were beating on Bossun happen to find the same kid that walked by during the beating....and Bossun changes his "I'm NEVER going to help anyone" decision....WHY EXACTLY???

Who writes this shit, everything is so damn convenient, this is utter garbage storytelling!!!

Just because we had a nice moment with Bossun's adoptive mother and sister, doesn't mean it's a good episode, it was TERRIBLE writing and storytelling.

My God, this is why this anime can't be taken seriously.....every time it attempts to do a serious subject it ruins it with horrible writing.
Mar 2, 2012 3:20 AM

Jan 2011
ichigo03 said:
OK, seriously, how old is the Sket Dance mangaka.....because he writes like a 10 year old!

So, I thought last week's episode was great, one of their best ever, I expected an even better follow up in this episode.

What the fuck, the guy that was saved by Bossun's dad just happened to be at the EXACT same spot and at the exact same time with Bossun?

OK....sure

But it gets better.....he happens to have the gift which Bossun's dad left behind, 15 years ago?

Why didn't he give it to Akane....why didn't he try to look them up through all these years, why does this seem like a story written by a fucking child!!!

Then the guys that were beating on Bossun happen to find the same kid that walked by during the beating....and Bossun changes his "I'm NEVER going to help anyone" decision....WHY EXACTLY???

Who writes this shit, everything is so damn convenient, this is utter garbage storytelling!!!

Just because we had a nice moment with Bossun's adoptive mother and sister, doesn't mean it's a good episode, it was TERRIBLE writing and storytelling.

My God, this is why this anime can't be taken seriously.....every time it attempts to do a serious subject it ruins it with horrible writing.

Guess you're not the type that enjoys cliched scenes.
Mar 2, 2012 3:51 AM

Dec 2010
ichigo03 said:

OK....sure

How about you actually watch the damn episode and pay attention to what they say instead of thinking of how to criticize the show.

Firstly, Taisuke happens to be there because he goes there every November 11th to place flowers near where the accident happened.

Secondly, he didn't look them up because he didn't know Ryousuke's name.

Lastly, he changed his stance on helping people because of the letter his dad had written for him.

It's not that the mangaka was a bad writer; It's that YOU have the comprehension of a 10 year old.
tumblr. : johanndergrosse.tumblr.com (ﺧ益ﺨ)
Mar 2, 2012 5:04 AM

Apr 2011
^ I think someone just got pwned.

Cried for well.. pretty much most of the episode LOL, excluding the funny bits. To think, after watching everything made by Key + AnoHana, I should be able to withstand any drama.... =_=
Mar 2, 2012 7:53 AM
Apr 2011
this episode makes me cry since the movie titanic. :)
Mar 2, 2012 9:35 AM
Nov 2010
A great pair of episodes, I've enjoyed them, one of the best in SKET Dance!
Mar 2, 2012 1:45 PM
Sep 2011
Great episode.
Keodara said:
^ I think someone just got pwned.

LoL. He got pwned so badly. :D
EmBabes said:
Guess you're not the type that enjoys cliched scenes.

That's not the only reason I guess. Maybe he watched it raw and doesn't understand japanese. All of his questions are pretty much obvious if you understand the dialogues. xD
goblinmitzuMar 2, 2012 1:49 PM
I'm a hater of every Protagonist in the anime I watch.
Oh God why are they so lame?

Tl;dr I just want to be the main character.
Cause I am perfect. ◕ ‿‿ ◕

by - O*****
Mar 2, 2012 2:20 PM

Nov 2011
Actually, the guy is somewhat justified. This arc was way too driven by coincidences for my liking, but not just for the ones he mentioned.

Not bad, but definitely not my favorite of the three arcs. But there's one more episode it seems.
MissileSoupMar 2, 2012 2:31 PM
Mar 2, 2012 3:56 PM
Aug 2010
Johnndergrosse said:
How about you actually watch the damn episode and pay attention to what they say instead of thinking of how to criticize the show.

Firstly, Taisuke happens to be there because he goes there every November 11th to place flowers near where the accident happened.

HILARIOUS!!!

Does that mean that he had to be there at the EXACT SAME TIME?!?!

What are the fucking chances?!?!?

Johnndergrosse said:
Secondly, he didn't look them up because he didn't know Ryousuke's name.

LOL buddy, why the fuck did he have the present.....he just happened to be carrying it???

FOR WHAT REASON?!?!

He knew he was going to meet Bossun?

This is just ridiculous!

Johnndergrosse said:
Lastly, he changed his stance on helping people because of the letter his dad had written for him.

It's not that the mangaka was a bad writer; It's that YOU have the comprehension of a 10 year old.

LOL, he was screaming and bitching AFTER he read the letter, he decided to change his mind because he knew he couldn't be so selfish and cold hearted, it wasn't in his nature. The letter was also fucking ridiculous.....why the fuck would Bossun's dad write a letter to his unborn son.

It's like the mangaka did everything to fit perfectly, everything was convenient.

A good story is not so damn predictable and cliched, this was a fucking JOKE!!!

The mangaka makes the story so contrived and has VERY LITTLE originality in any of his "Serious" stories.

MissileSoup said:
Actually, the guy is somewhat justified. This arc was way too driven by coincidences for my liking, but not just for the ones he mentioned.

YES, everything in the story fit perfectly but in such a stupid way. It's OK to make Bossun meet the kid that his father saved, but why would he have the present, that's just too damn ridiculous to even address seriously.

And then the scene with the bullies was so insanely convenient I felt like screaming myself when Bossun was having a nervous breakdown over reading the letter.

For those of you that believe this is "Good Storytelling".....just remember that Sket Dance is all about GAG COMEDY.

All of their "Serious episodes" are filled with coincidences and convenient Story telling....it's a joke to take this anime seriously.

If anything, I blame myself for believing I could watch this arc and thinking I would see an actual good story that makes sense.
ichig0fanMar 2, 2012 4:07 PM
Mar 2, 2012 6:03 PM

Jun 2009
Gintama has already spoiled the next episode two times... hohohoho
Mar 3, 2012 12:04 AM

Jan 2011
As to why the kid who was saved is carrying the present--I can think of two reasons:

1. He already goes to leave flowers every year on the anniversary of the accident. Since the gift and note are the only things he has to remember the person who saved him, it isn't beyond belief that he would carry them with him.

2. If he is interested in making contact with some relative of the person who saved him without having a name or address, the one fact he does have is the place where he died. It is remotely possible that a relative might show up some day on the anniversary of the death, so why not carry the gift and card with you since you are going there anyway. It is the only lead you have.

Now I won't say that this is the best strategy for trying to contact the surviving family (doing a search in the archives of the local newspaper to get the name of the fatality would probably be a better way to do things), but it isn't absolutely unthinkable.

As for the relative weight of conincidence or fate in connecting the characters in the show--I think that partly depends on how you see the universe unfolding.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 3, 2012 12:50 AM
Aug 2010
rodac said:
As to why the kid who was saved is carrying the present--I can think of two reasons:

1. He already goes to leave flowers every year on the anniversary of the accident. Since the gift and note are the only things he has to remember the person who saved him, it isn't beyond belief that he would carry them with him.

2. If he is interested in making contact with some relative of the person who saved him without having a name or address, the one fact he does have is the place where he died. It is remotely possible that a relative might show up some day on the anniversary of the death, so why not carry the gift and card with you since you are going there anyway. It is the only lead you have.

I thought about those reasons, and it still sounds insanely contrived to do the story that way.

Remember it's not like Bossun's dad died recently, it's been 15 YEARS!

I guess during ALL THAT TIME Bossun's adoptive mother never went to that site on the anniversary of his death???

Or for that matter any other relatives or friends?

C'mon....that's ridiculous to believe....the mangaka didn't think this out, he just wanted everything to "Fall into place".

This is sloppy and BAD storytelling....but because it was such a serious issue everyone is talking about how much they're crying and how "Good" the arc was.

BULLSHIT, I've seen better storytelling in generic Romance comedies than Sket Dance.

I felt the same way after watching Orihime's story, it was Contrived and coincidental as well.

The only serious story that was decent was Switch's story.

Sket Dance just doesn't work as a Serious show....the only reason this is tolerated is because 90% of the time it's doing gag comedy. Therefore, the viewer is left to believe that a serious arc such as this is "Good" despite the fact that a High school student could've written a better story than this.

EDIT: The reason why I'm so against this type of storytelling is because of the following:

Imagine if you were solving a scrambled puzzle.

Imagine if you threw each piece straight up and let it fall to the ground....now imagine if every time it fell to the ground it would fall perfectly into place with all the other pieces.

If that's the way you solved the puzzle....that's INSANE!

Sure it's not 100% impossible, but it's very unlikely, the best way to solve a puzzle is to think about it and by "Trial and error" you can put all the pieces together.

It's INSANE to do a puzzle by "Pure chance" and Coincidences.....the same can be said for storytelling.
ichig0fanMar 3, 2012 1:09 AM
Mar 3, 2012 9:04 AM
Jan 2011
I wonder as to who is that old guy with a mustach and glasses?
Mar 3, 2012 10:10 AM

Aug 2009
*claps*

SO BEAUTIFUL!! ;~;
Mar 3, 2012 11:40 AM

Feb 2010
This episode was so sad T_T Poor Bossun.
Flashbacks in this show are really good.
Mar 3, 2012 1:07 PM

May 2008
Thanks for making me cry for another week, Sket Dance Q_Q

Mar 3, 2012 3:03 PM

Apr 2009
It was cheap, but bloody effective. Manly tears were shed all right - flashbacks are mighty good in Sket Dance, gotta admit it.

...but Rumi's voice was as annoying as ever.

Mar 4, 2012 8:26 PM

Feb 2010
Such a touching arc.... I def cried. <3 Loved how it showed WHY Bossun is the way he is!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SKET Dance Episode 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mr_DaftPunk - Sep 27, 2012

133 by DarkBossun »»
Feb 19, 12:30 PM

» Really underated

Ilhan391 - Jul 5, 2022

11 by Ridzaxster »»
Feb 2, 6:20 AM

» SKET Dance Season 3?

DGFlow - Apr 22, 2013

25 by Current_Aqua »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:32 AM

» Help: SKET Dance filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 25, 2023

1 by Zizike »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » SKET Dance Episode 41 Discussion

Andromeda - Jan 19, 2012

38 by Vindicater »»
Nov 18, 2023 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.