Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 28, 2012 2:16 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an awesome episode! Ginjo trolled Ichigo's powers to himself and the other Excution members, and Ginjo was once a substitute Soul Reaper as well. Can't wait to see all the battles between Excution and the Soul Reapers!
Feb 28, 2012 2:29 AM
Feb 2012
I liked this episode a lot, it got every moment of tension etc correctly from the manga. Even though I read it, the episode was really nice to see. Loved when Ginjo stole his powers in this episode and gave it all out, Giriko seemed especially manic (in quite a funny way) over it. And yes, need to see the battles now - they shouldn't be too dragged out.
The last few episodes seem as a definite improvement on the past few months or years, even though this in itself feels like a filler arc. Shame that Bleach is supposedly ending after 4 more episodes...
Feb 28, 2012 2:53 AM

Oct 2010
I could had sworn in the manga Riruka didnt take any of Ichigo powers.

I just know Kenpachi ending the episode like the boss he is.

Anime makes Bleach story so much better than the manga. I wonder what new project the Bleach Director going to work on. His previous work directiong was YuYu Hakusho.
Feb 28, 2012 3:41 AM

Jan 2012
Loved first half, second was so-so
Feb 28, 2012 4:02 AM

Dec 2011
Haven't seen the episode yet, but apparently they used the final version of HARUKAZE? I preferred the BLEACH version though. A bit off topic, but will SCANDAL release both versions as a single?
Feb 28, 2012 4:13 AM

Jun 2010
dimon1408 said:

The last few episodes seem as a definite improvement on the past few months or years, even though this in itself feels like a filler arc. Shame that Bleach is supposedly ending after 4 more episodes...

But it's not a filler arc. It's the second to the last arc of bleach.

Kenpachi so baws. Better than the Manga.
Feb 28, 2012 4:29 AM

Dec 2011
Damn Kenpachi, asking to swap with Byakuya and then taken lightly by Giriko.
Feb 28, 2012 4:38 AM

Feb 2011
This episode was done well, but it felt a little bit dragged...which makes me wonder whether they can actually wrap the whole thing up nicely in the remaining 4 episodes.

Oh yeah and 4/5 for this one.
Feb 28, 2012 4:54 AM

Nov 2011
Ichigo is so overpowered now and Kenpachi pretty much just pwned Giriko in the middle of his sentence.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2012 4:55 AM

Apr 2011
Zaraki Kenpachi IN BLEACH WAS AWESOME THIS WEEK !
Feb 28, 2012 5:01 AM

Mar 2010
Eh, I don't want it to end. I would love to watch more fillers...Something with a lot of character interaction and funniness... D:
Also...
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
Zaraki Kenpachi IN BLEACH WAS AWESOME THIS WEEK !

He's always AWESOME !
Feb 28, 2012 5:07 AM

Jan 2012
So do you think Giriko is actually dead after kenpachi sliced him in half?
Feb 28, 2012 5:59 AM

Jan 2012
bonifide said:

Anime makes Bleach story so much better than the manga. I wonder what new project the Bleach Director going to work on. His previous work directiong was YuYu Hakusho.

She did. I remember.

NateXsama said:
So do you think Giriko is actually dead after kenpachi sliced him in half?

From what we saw, I'd imagine so.
Feb 28, 2012 6:52 AM

Apr 2010
Anyone else hear a funny sound at 2 minutes 49 seconds? When ichigo said it wasn't a getsuga tensho…

Also weird how Zaraki waited for the guy to turn into a monster to kill him… since he is human… meh…

omake was the best bit… but seems taken from sket dance…
Feb 28, 2012 7:11 AM

Dec 2009
I like the remixed opening. It's like they suddenly become self-aware that they're ending in a month

also the Kenpachi scene lived up to my expectations
Feb 28, 2012 7:46 AM

Feb 2011
Kenpachi is Bleach' Chuck Norris :D

Feb 28, 2012 8:29 AM

Feb 2012
Kenpachi was a badass, He ended it in 1 second, The old man was getting on my nerves as he was talking to much. GG lol

Feb 28, 2012 8:35 AM

Oct 2011
bonifide said:

She did, but was a bit confused and complained about why did he gave it to her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2012 9:02 AM
Feb 2010
Too bad the second part of this arc feels a bit like a YYH rip off.
Feb 28, 2012 9:15 AM

Dec 2011
lol I luved the "Oii Kuichi switch with me that one looks stronger"
Feb 28, 2012 9:21 AM

Dec 2011
Zaraki took care of Giriko too fast. D:
Feb 28, 2012 9:51 AM

Dec 2011
Zaraki rules! hahaha
Whatever, very nice episode.
Feb 28, 2012 11:00 AM
Aug 2011
Xtc said:
Zaraki took care of Giriko too fast. D:

exactly what i was thinking. i lol'd just because of that lol.

kenpachi is so funny..... in a badass way -.-
Feb 28, 2012 11:10 AM
Feb 2012
-MgZ_ said:
dimon1408 said:

But it's not a filler arc. It's the second to the last arc of bleach.

I know that perfectly well, i simply said it feels like one. There's not this usual depth and length you've come to expect from Kubo. Even so, the arc is better towards the end and the past few episodes definitely have a different feel to them, it's like they're of more quality of something.
Feb 28, 2012 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
Awesome episode.
Ichigo is insanely powerful but Kujo has a couple tricks of his own and we see now that it is a full on Fullbringer vs Soul Reaper fight!

Kenpachi of course was just a beast and destroyed Giriko in a second. Literally just got sliced in half!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 28, 2012 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
Awesome episode. Ichigo kicking Ginjo's ass, the revelation of him being the first substitute shinigami and then giving everyone else Ichigo's power.

They did some awesome crazy eyes for Orihime for the mental breakdown scene. "Why does it hurt to see Ichigo cry?!" Coz you looove him, you loove him ;P

And everyone got a fight of their own with different settings. I really thought they would just sit back and watch Ichigo handle it.

Goddamn Kenpachi, this is why you're my favorite character. You never disappoint.
Feb 28, 2012 11:53 AM
Dec 2010
Beginning of episode was amazing, glad they gave Ichigo and Ginjo more of an opening fight - the cutting of the tree trunk was AWESOME

Dangit, I knew that part with Orihime was going to be harder to watch/listen to than to read T__T Right as it came up I was like "aw, crap nooo" haha

Kenpachi killed the Hulk!! 0__0
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Feb 28, 2012 12:29 PM

Jan 2008
PSP upgraded = Nintendo Power glove...

...the video game fanboy in me found that amusing.

Feb 28, 2012 12:55 PM

Apr 2011
I see MAL actually has this being one of the last episodes of Bleach the anime O_o I checked, though, and there are more manga chapters after this arc (only a few as of yet but it's continuing). In all likelihood they got tired of coming up with filler stories and decided to put the show on haitus until the final arc can materialize enough to animate (probably by next winter season at the lastest). Unless manga and DVD sales absolutely plummet, but as popular as Bleach is I'm sure they'll bring it back for "Bleach: The Final Chapter."

As for the episode itself, some awesome, badass fighting. Was kinda unimpressed with Giriko, especially since he did the idiotic thing of trying brute force v Kenpachi. If he'd been smart and set up some traps with his Fullbring he probably could've stood a chance, but 'hulking out'? Not gonna work. Look at how well that worked for Yammy.

I wonder how Toshiro's gonna take down the Power Glove kid? He seems to be able to negate just about any attack. Ice-boy will probably have to freeze and shatter his Fullbring in order to make any offense stick.
Feb 28, 2012 1:09 PM
Feb 2011
this is what i hate about the internet people see something and they take it out of control the only thing we know is that it wont be airing any more episodes on TV Tokyo there's nothing said about tv osaka also the creator of bleach would have come out and said he was ending the manga which would have been in january when that latest manga book came out
Feb 28, 2012 1:20 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty awesome :) I was waiting for these battles to be animated. Rukia's will be hilarious :D And I want to see Byakuya's and Tsukishima's because I was honestly kinda confused in the battle in the manga xD

Kenpachi's fight made me go *-* with awesomeness but I didn't get the feeling here. Might be because I already knew what was gonna happen :/

But yeah. I love seeing Ichigo all awesome like that. It makes me happy :3

4/5

Preview: "CAN'T YOU TELL I'M TALLER?!?!?!!" - LOVE.

Omake: Ichigo and Chad's stupidity <3, Ishida always has to play the straight man! :3

So... one of the last episodes of Bleach. It kinda ends part of my life, ya' know what I mean? I'm just gonna enjoy the stupid Fullbring plot because it's my last bit of Bleach for a while!
fishergirl16Feb 28, 2012 1:25 PM
Feb 28, 2012 1:42 PM

Jun 2011
Hmmm , so 366 will be the final ep huh ? probably a rushed ending :(
Feb 28, 2012 1:58 PM
Jul 2011
Just 4 more weeks of Bleach left....
Feb 28, 2012 2:09 PM
Aug 2010
I really liked this episode. I'm not sure why they made Giriko green though, kinda made him look like the Hulk. Whatever, still really cool.

I seriously hope that they make a Bleach Shippuden or something for the final arc. I'm going to sincerely miss this anime.
Feb 28, 2012 2:16 PM

Jan 2012
Yes ive also seen Hulk in this episode, and power ranger in previous and ...(there was somehing else from marvel before i think... but cant recoll now)

CanzonE said:
Kenpachi is Bleach' Chuck Norris :D
QFT! XD

I dont like the new excution outfits :( well previous neither...
Toushiro vs this little psp kid can be fun if they'll keep talk like in this ep

and I have that strange feling like ive seen this before... bleach battles are always between somehow similar characters. its killing me everytime -.-"
Lemon13Feb 28, 2012 2:28 PM
Feb 28, 2012 3:57 PM

Apr 2011
Giriko looked like an Incredible Hulk ripoff. Until he was owned by Kenpachi that is. Looks like Bleach might end with a bang after all.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Feb 28, 2012 4:12 PM

Aug 2010
woow i've missed this so much T^T Bleach feels like it used to again<3<3 c:

I think all the matches are paired up nicely!
Toshiro vs Yukio = cute little boys! ^0^
Ikkaku vs Shishigawara = bald and semi bald.
Byakuya vs Tsukishima = slender guys(?) >.> w/ flowy hair.
Rukia vs Riruka = cute girls. (although Riruka is more girly)
Kenpachi vs Giriko aka "the hulk" = i got nothing ;_; (i guess burly men?? LOL)
Renji vs Jackie = again.. nothing ;____;

and I never would have guessed that Ginjo would be the first substitute shinigami since I kind of forgot about that in the first place but Ichigo vs Ginjo is self explanatory xD

I've missed the captains fighting skills though and I cannot wait until next week!
4 more episodes left TT___TT
Feb 28, 2012 4:26 PM
Jul 2011
I'm not sure how they're going to finish this arc in 4 episodes. As I recall, some of the individual battles drag on for a while, then there's the final battle and then the epilogue for this arc. Either the next 4 episodes are going to be extremly fast paced or alot of stuff is going to be cut. Or both.

daleb729 said:
also the creator of bleach would have come out and said he was ending the manga

He did say he is ending the manga. The current arc (Thousand Year Blood War) is the final arc.
BDeckerFeb 28, 2012 4:32 PM
Feb 28, 2012 4:29 PM

Mar 2011
xSimplicity said:
woow i've missed this so much T^T Bleach feels like it used to again<3<3 c:

I think all the matches are paired up nicely!
Toshiro vs Yukio = cute little boys! ^0^
Ikkaku vs Shishigawara = bald and semi bald.
Byakuya vs Tsukishima = slender guys(?) >.> w/ flowy hair.
Rukia vs Riruka = cute girls. (although Riruka is more girly)
Kenpachi vs Giriko aka "the hulk" = i got nothing ;_; (i guess burly men?? LOL)
Renji vs Jackie = again.. nothing ;____;

and I never would have guessed that Ginjo would be the first substitute shinigami since I kind of forgot about that in the first place but Ichigo vs Ginjo is self explanatory xD

I've missed the captains fighting skills though and I cannot wait until next week!
4 more episodes left TT___TT

This. Although, I kind of figured he was the substitute soul reaper a few weeks ago.. Anyways, other then the incredible hulk rip-off, it truly does feel like it use to. Depressing that there are only what..4 episodes left? Since I heard there was at least another arc in the manga, I hope there is something for that.

We finally get a "time skip" where everybody gets older and better, then it ends?! I really hope it's a twisted joke..
--Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis--
Feb 28, 2012 4:58 PM
Feb 2012
Good ep, can't wait to see Shinigami vs Fullbringers will be good to see, well I read manga but the pairings were pretty obvious.

LOL at Kenpachi asking for a switch with Byakuya, & Giriko was just fodder to him xD Though what was even more funnier was Giriko looking like the HULK lmao.

Surprised there's just four eps left tho o.o
Though the remaining battle would take up more episodes, oh well it was a short arc anyways.

Probably be fillers after then the remaining last arc I'm assuming depending on how long it is. Will most likely be filler's in between those as well unless it's a big hiatus, though I'd rather some fillers since I love Bleach xD

Well anyways looking forward to next 4 episodes except maybe the Rukia vs Riruka one.....
Feb 28, 2012 5:51 PM

Jun 2010
Did the OP sound slightly different to anyone else?
Feb 28, 2012 6:06 PM

Apr 2010
i liked the ep, sad that its ending so soon, is it bad that i don't want Riruka to get hurt
Feb 28, 2012 6:14 PM

Oct 2008
Lol at Zaraki's fight.
Feb 28, 2012 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
I really liked that Yamamoto finally realized/accepted/rewarded what Ichigo did for Soul Society. Before he was always like "sure, wh we would not be having this discussion if he wouldn't have been there, but he's still just human".

And Ginjo retreating. Of course, the real fight starts now, but him actually retreating..and Ichigo abusing him as punching back. I kinda expected Ichigo to appear behind/in front of Ginjo when he reappeared and stab/slash him for good, as Ichigo had a somewhat annoyed face, like "can't he just die now? I want to know whats up with Orihime and Chad, not fight some chump".

And it's not weird Kenpachi did wait for Giriko to turn into "Hulk". He never started a fight (with "named" guys, not random enemies on his way) if he clearly outmatched the enemy, and he repeadetely lowered his blade - and it does make sense. He lives for fighting, he has fun, the more powerful the enemy, the more fun. There is no fun if the enemy can not fight. And Giriko..well, Kenpachi was probably like "if i do not kill him now, he will follow me around like a stray dog. Better get rid of him so i can find someone else to fight. Like..hm..when was the last time i fought Ichigo?"
Feb 28, 2012 7:17 PM

Dec 2009
Wooohooo, if they have to end the arc in 4 episodes, maybe the fights will actually be fast paced for once! We can only hope!
Feb 28, 2012 7:44 PM

Sep 2008
I actually wanted these fights to be fleshed out in the anime. Especially Renji v. Jackie. But alas there won't be any time for that with 16 chapters being crammed into 4 episodes.
Feb 28, 2012 8:29 PM

Apr 2010
HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 28, 2012 9:00 PM

May 2009
Giriko going hulk was pretty random, I guess since his Fullbring wasn't so detailed it allowed him to do whatever he pleased. I find it ironic that he called Kenpachi a "muscle-head" and five seconds later he turned into a gigantic green body builder.I assume he was green because Fullbringers like the color green.
Feb 28, 2012 11:54 PM

Apr 2010
Mrs_36 said:
Anyone else hear a funny sound at 2 minutes 49 seconds? When ichigo said it wasn't a getsuga tensho…

Also weird how Zaraki waited for the guy to turn into a monster to kill him… since he is human… meh…

omake was the best bit… but seems taken from sket dance…

The sound was Ichigo breathing strangely.

Awesome episode. They really animated the manga well :p

5/5.
Feb 29, 2012 1:13 AM

Aug 2009
scytheboy13 said:
I find it ironic that he called Kenpachi a "muscle-head" and five seconds later he turned into a gigantic green body builder.

I have to nitpick here: Giriko called Kenpachi a muscle-bounded idiot(or something like that) and said that the likes of him should be defeated by brute force and thats why he turned into a Hulk.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 29 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 12, 2008

36 by wallus81 »»
Today, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 295 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Swaps4 - Nov 2, 2010

129 by Vash-MBB1 »»
May 7, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 241 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Koko-Bear - Oct 13, 2009

113 by Saki24 »»
May 7, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 337 Discussion

LuffyFoxtrot - Aug 30, 2011

47 by Kid_named_finger »»
May 7, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 342 Discussion ( 1 2 )

K-Shuun - Oct 10, 2011

75 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 6, 5:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.