Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 7, 2012 9:40 AM

Dec 2010
What are your thoughts?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 7, 2012 10:35 AM

Oct 2009
There were things that bugged me before but to be honest, I'm quite looking forward to it.
Feb 7, 2012 10:37 AM

Sep 2008
Could be cool, Also scuttle butt is that this Spider Man is gonna make a cameo in the Avengers.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Feb 7, 2012 10:38 AM

Mar 2009
Thris trailer looks like they take things from the beginning again and with a new actor? Why would they do that?

Anyway, it sucked. But I'm one who thinks that the whole Marvel Comics thingie sucks.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 7, 2012 10:56 AM

May 2008
Kinda think it's too soon.
Feb 7, 2012 11:36 AM

Jun 2011
I agree it might be a bit too soon. Looks promising still, but it looks like this could easily be a multi-movie franchise like the former spider-man. Introductions to those kinds of movies are rarely bad, but sequels usually get progressively worse, which is presumably one of the reasons they're redoing it.

If this is any good, I just hope the next ones don't suck like the previous since I assume they will look to make multiple movies. The actors, at least in appearance, don't look half as convincing though as the formers.
Feb 7, 2012 11:41 AM

Sep 2007
Hopefully this new series of Spiderman movies will do Venom justice.
Feb 7, 2012 11:42 AM

Dec 2009
I actually liked the former Spider Man movies. But man this looked like shit.

What's up with all the bad acting?

Not gonna check that one out.
Feb 7, 2012 11:50 AM

Sep 2011
this looks pretty bad

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 7, 2012 11:55 AM

Jan 2012
I love superhero movies in general so I'm pretty excited for this Spiderman reboot...looks pretty good...and I like how the Lizard will be the main villain in this one...
Feb 7, 2012 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
EVA_UNIT_02 said:
I love superhero movies in general so I'm pretty excited for this Spiderman reboot...looks pretty good...and I like how the Lizard will be the main villain in this one...
ide prefer carnage, i feel like im the only one that likes carnage

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 7, 2012 12:10 PM

Jan 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
EVA_UNIT_02 said:
ide prefer carnage, i feel like im the only one that likes carnage

Would love to see that...who do you think would play Carnage?
Feb 7, 2012 12:14 PM

Jun 2011
Wasabi said:
Hopefully this new series of Spiderman movies will do Venom justice.

Yes, that had to be my biggest disappointment from the previous series, venom was just beyond horribly done.
Feb 7, 2012 12:24 PM

Sep 2011
At first I was like, "whats the point of this? Isn't this just a remake of the first season?" and then I was like, "oh... its about the lizard this time...".
Feb 7, 2012 12:40 PM

Dec 2011
IF YOU WANT THE TRUTH, PETER, come and get it.. -_____-
Feb 7, 2012 12:43 PM
Feb 2010
You know, I originally thought this was going to suck, but it actually looks pretty entertaining, and I would bet my own ass that it will be better than Spider-Man 3.

Although, while I know Peter Parker is supposed to be a high-schooler, the actors seem a bit too young. And that chick playing Gwen Stacey (it is Gwen, right?) seems off.
Feb 7, 2012 12:50 PM

May 2009
Just watching the trailer for this makes me feel awkward. Will be passing on this. My money goes to hobbits this year!
Feb 7, 2012 12:57 PM

Dec 2009
Glitterati said:
Just watching the trailer for this makes me feel awkward. Will be passing on this. My money goes to hobbits this year!

Agreed. Add Batman to that list and I'm in xD
Feb 7, 2012 1:11 PM

Feb 2012
I'm still not convinced. I feel like they should have continued on from Spider-Man 3 (even thought I didn't fully enjoy that film). I think Andrew Garfield is a well-capable actor and I think he will suit the role well, but I feel like the rest of the film is going to feel very "been there done that". I'll keep an open mind on this one though.
Feb 7, 2012 2:29 PM

Nov 2009
It's like making a new wolverine movie and re-casting wolverine as someone other than Hugh Jackman. I know it's pretty much been a decade since the original came out but there have been plenty of sequels throughout the years. It's too soon. The character of Tobey Maguire (and co.) as spiderman is probably still fresh in many of the viewer's minds. Should have waited a bit long for this one. Though I can see why Marvel did it. They want to continue to push out movies and projects so it looks like the locomotive is never slowing down. What they don't know is that they might saturate the once very lucrative superhero movie market. What we've seen from recent adaptations like the green lantern, the public is starting to become a little bit more choosy in what they're willing to spend money on.
Feb 7, 2012 4:30 PM

Mar 2011
One word, Sweet
Feb 7, 2012 11:37 PM

Dec 2010
To be honest, I had my doubts about the movie, but now, I might give it a chance.

Remember, don't judge a book by it's cover. So, I can't judge a movie by it's trailer.
Feb 8, 2012 12:57 AM

Jul 2011
It's not something I'd go to the theater to see, but when it comes out on dvd I may give it a chance, on a rainy day when my internet isn't working, there's nothing on cable, and there aren't any other dvd's I'd want to rent.

Feb 8, 2012 10:50 AM

Sep 2007
Ewwww. I really want this movie to bomb but I know that isn't going to happen. I'd best just forget about its existence.
Feb 8, 2012 11:15 AM

Aug 2011
Hollywood has explosive diarrhea. Everything they put out is shit. But stupid people still watch it--even though it's camp and bad.
Feb 8, 2012 3:27 PM

Jan 2012
Transitioning from the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films to this Reboot feels very weird; as if you were moving into a new house.

I don't seem too fond of the new costume; the basketball-ish materials, the sneakers, and the fact that they added more blue to the costume are somethings i need to adjust too.

I'm not going to say anything about the Web-Shooters, since they were from the Comics; so it fits.

The CG effects in this trailer looked kinda weak. For example, at 1:22, as Spidey is swinging, he shakes a lot, and not in a camera shaking way, but more like "they need to get that fixed" kind of way. Plus the parts with the Lizard looked like Green Lantern quality level of CGI.

The tone shift is also kinda getting to me. It seems they are trying to get Peter's parents heavily involved in the story by making their fates unknown; making it more like a "Guy finding the truth" story, rather than a "Guy fights crime after loved one gets murdered" story that the Comics and the Sam Raimi films had.

Now look, this doesn't mean i won't see the movie; i will see it, since i am a big fan of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films, and want my fix after years of waiting. All I'm saying is the changes still need to grow on me, and i hope that they don't mess up this film.
Hollow-Of-DawnFeb 8, 2012 3:33 PM
Feb 8, 2012 4:22 PM

Jan 2012
I think it's gonna be worse than the other spiderman movies,but i am a fan of marvel,so i am gonna see it. ^^

Feb 8, 2012 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
looks good, seems to respect the comics a bit more, but ill only be able to judge after I see it all
Feb 8, 2012 5:06 PM

Dec 2011
It looks cool but not really interested.

Wish they would continue the RL Spiderman movies with the usual cast.
Feb 8, 2012 7:31 PM

Sep 2007
Oooh I am the lone one. This was bound to happen eventually. I'm actually super excited for this movie. As in I may have had some kind of orgasm during the trailer. I was super against this before, and my standards were so low that when I saw the trailer I was like, "You mean this might actually be good? YES."

Will it be perfect? Doubtful. But if you seriously thought Raimi's versions were then....lol. I've got nothing to say to you. Our opinions are obviously too different for words to express. Though personally, while Toby Mcquire did a great job he was never Spider-Man to me. I don't know why. Probably his lack of smart ass quips during fights. I require a certain amount of quippage from my web slinger before I'm satisfied. But I also used to have an obsession with this super cheesy Spider-Man game when I was little that was like, ALL jokes, so I might not be the best judge.

Also, Spider-Man 3 and Venom. I would argue that that was bad enough that rebooting and forgetting it ever happened is for the best. As far as I'm concerned, here we have a nerdy cute Peter Parker who seems to at least be trying to be witty, a different take on the origin story so it's not a carbon copy and Lizard. It MIGHT be good and I plan to give it a chance.
Feb 10, 2012 7:49 AM

Jun 2008
Well it looks better than the shit Rami made. Especially number 3 was as horrible as it gets. This guy also rubs off better than Mcquire ever did.
Feb 10, 2012 8:36 AM

Aug 2011
I think people are giving Hollywood too much credit. The reason this is even coming out is because they are uncreative and can't think of anything original. Not because they're tryign to "fix" the old Spiderman trilogy.

Monad said:
Well it looks better than the shit Rami made. Especially number 3 was as horrible as it gets. This guy also rubs off better than Mcquire ever did.
Not sure if srs.
Feb 10, 2012 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, unless Andrew Garfield can do what Tobey did

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness" - Evangline A.K. McDowell
Feb 10, 2012 9:00 AM
Feb 2012
I'll give a try as always but I'm not liking the look of Spider-man or The Lizard tbh. I hope the film does it some justice though...Can't be worse than the other movies....
Feb 10, 2012 8:39 PM

Jan 2010
Ah, that's what Eduardo was doing in New York then.
It looks like shit tbh. I might consider watching this 'cause of Emma Stone, but not until it's out on dvd/blu-ray and I can download it.
DraconisMarch said:
I think people are giving Hollywood too much credit. The reason this is even coming out is because they are uncreative and can't think of anything original. Not because they're tryign to "fix" the old Spiderman trilogy.

Actually no, that's not the reason, at least not fully. Sony has to either make new Spider-Man movies, or the rights goes back to Marvel. I really doubt Sony would give up a franchise as profitable as Spider-Man. It's all business really.
Feb 11, 2012 3:11 AM

Jan 2008
Looks good. Too bad they went back to the web packs. I liked the way they handled the webbing in the last Spiderman movies.
Feb 11, 2012 2:57 PM

Jun 2008
From the looks of it, don't be expecting good character development or substance in the plot. It does look like an awesome action-flick though.
Feb 12, 2012 1:35 PM

Oct 2009
Actully looks pretty cool, glad they didn't mess it up.
Feb 12, 2012 2:23 PM

Aug 2009
Generally I hate the idea of reboots for movies less than a couple decades old but I did like Punisher War Zone, and that last incredible Hulk movie.So maybe I will like this new spiderman movie.
Feb 15, 2012 9:56 AM

Jan 2007
After the 1st teaser trailer I was not impressed at all, but I liked what I saw in this trailer. Promises to be a fun action-superhero movie but I don't expect much depth from it.
Feb 15, 2012 10:03 AM

Mar 2010
i just want to know why they started it all over, even though i am looking forward to this movie, i am annoyed that they restarted the whole thing, and is The Lizard the only villain? btw Emma Stone is hot
Feb 15, 2012 12:16 PM

Jan 2011
Looks good...
But I feel like they just showed the entire movie with that trailer.

They should have left out that bit where his mask gets taken off and he starts fighting off the police, or SWAT or whatever people those are.

I'll definitely go watch it though. The spiderman movie that was made before was a little too cheesy IMO, so I'm hoping this one has more of the intensity and seriousness that the 3 spiderman movies lacked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.