[BBCODE + VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ Full list of BBcodes and BBcode setups on MAL

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 23, 2019 7:38 PM

Feb 2010
terminated-soul said:
Shishio-kun said:

Is there a profile with this you can link? They probably used a lot of image align right codes and text after.

Alright, this should work, Thank you!

I think the person whose profile you linked earlier used my About Me videos. They are using the same text generator and video BBcode example from the video; these may help you depending on what ap you use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6ij9yWjlVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uCkmwi6RYc&feature=youtu.be
Jul 24, 2019 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Shishio-kun said:
terminated-soul said:

Alright, this should work, Thank you!

I think the person whose profile you linked earlier used my About Me videos. They are using the same text generator and video BBcode example from the video; these may help you depending on what app you use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6ij9yWjlVQ

Wow, Thank you so much! they are great tutorials. I'm gonna download them for myself for the future reference (in case if I forget).
Mar 18, 2020 8:23 PM

May 2018
how do I use multiple BBCodes at once? Such as size and colour
Mar 18, 2020 9:54 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
LiaLittleAngel said:
You can place one after another, in succession. Just remember to close them in the reverse order of how you opened them. You can imagine them being nested inside each other, so you can't close the outer one before closing the one inside of it. So if you open them [size][b][i] then you must close them [/i][/b][/size]. You can see this in action here:
[quote][size=150][b]This is a bold header[/b]: this is still the header, but isn't bold.[/size]

[i][b]This text is bolded and italicized,[/b] but this is only italicized.[/i]

And all of this is inside a quote.[/quote]
Mar 19, 2020 6:27 PM

May 2018
Valerio_Lyndon said:
LiaLittleAngel said:
You can place one after another, in succession. Just remember to close them in the reverse order of how you opened them. You can imagine them being nested inside each other, so you can't close the outer one before closing the one inside of it. So if you open them [size][b][i] then you must close them [/i][/b][/size]. You can see this in action here:
[quote][size=150][b]This is a bold header[/b]: this is still the header, but isn't bold.[/size]

[i][b]This text is bolded and italicized,[/b] but this is only italicized.[/i]

And all of this is inside a quote.[/quote]

thank you so much! this was very helpful :)
Apr 20, 2020 3:04 AM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Ronin002 said:
is there a bbcode tag that lets you display the current date on your profile which updates automatically every day or every time somebody visits your profile?
As far as I know, this is not possible. It's definitely not built into BBCode, and any other methods that may work would require a website that generated an image with the current date in it (I don't know of any), and for MAL to update BBCode images every 24 hours (which I believe is currently not something that happens, but I have not tested this).
Jun 7, 2020 7:07 AM

Jun 2019
So I tried to make a list of characters with their images aligned to the left and their names beside each of their images in my bio, here's the how I tried to do it:

And here's the resulting mess:

I'm new to this whole bbcode thing so what did I do wrong and how do I fix it?
Jun 7, 2020 11:23 AM

Feb 2010
OtakuAltair said:
So I tried to make a list of characters with their images aligned to the left and their names beside each of their images in my bio, here's the how I tried to do it

Please just paste the BBcode here and I can try to adjust it so it looks better
Jun 7, 2020 7:37 PM

Jun 2019
Shishio-kun said:
OtakuAltair said:
So I tried to make a list of characters with their images aligned to the left and their names beside each of their images in my bio, here's the how I tried to do it

Please just paste the BBcode here and I can try to adjust it so it looks better

This is what I used:
Characters I like in no particular order:
[spoiler=Characters]
[img align=left]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/24/ShirouEmiya2004.png/220px-ShirouEmiya2004.png[/img] [color=red][b]Shirou Emiya[/b][/color] from Fate/Stay Night
[img align=left]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT43pz_GTAtax-ddgJ-YPKyPrgoNNtZoayL_C2aPhRIICCdOhG6&usqp=CAU[/img] [color=gray][b]Kiritsugu Emiya[/b][/color] from Fate/Zero
[img align=left]https://i.imgur.com/RjaFZe1.jpg[/img] [color=green][b]Meruem[/b][/color] from [s]Hiatus x Hiatus[/s] Hunter x Hunter
[/spoiler]
Jun 7, 2020 9:24 PM

Feb 2010
@OtakuAltair quote my post with the link on the lower right of the post above my signature: you can see the BBcode and see how I added a lot of space between each pic

Jun 7, 2020 10:04 PM

Jun 2019
Shishio-kun said:
@OtakuAltair quote my post with the link on the lower right of the post above my signature: you can see the BBcode and see how I added a lot of space between each pic

Thanks!
Aug 19, 2020 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
I would like to put a sentence on the left, another in the middle and another on the right. How could I do this without skipping lines?

For example:
Welcome
Welcome
Welcome

Could they be on the same lines?

I was trying to do this on my profile
I wanted to put the endings in the center without skipping the line
Stay aligned with the openings

removed-userAug 19, 2020 1:14 PM
Aug 19, 2020 1:38 PM

Feb 2010
YEAHBARAUM said:
I would like to put a sentence on the left, another in the middle and another on the right. How could I do this without skipping lines?

For example:
Welcome
Welcome
Welcome

Could they be on the same lines?

I was trying to do this on my profile
I wanted to put the endings in the center without skipping the line
Stay aligned with the openings

Can you post the BBcode and I can try to work with it? You can just copy and paste the original BBcode in a post here and I can edit it
Aug 19, 2020 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
Shishio-kun said:

Can you post the BBcode and I can try to work with it? You can just copy and paste the original BBcode in a post here and I can edit it

Ok

Here it is

Aug 19, 2020 2:43 PM

Feb 2010
YEAHBARAUM said:
Shishio-kun said:

Ok

Here it is

Can you just post it in its original format without all the spaces please? I can edit it from there by editing your post. That would make it easy for me. Just post it exactly as it is when it goes up on your profile without spaces or asterixes. Just copy the code from your About Me and post it here without any changes.
Aug 19, 2020 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
Shishio-kun said:

Can you just post it in its original format without all the spaces please? I can edit it from there by editing your post. That would make it easy for me. Just post it exactly as it is when it goes up on your profile without spaces or asterixes. Just copy the code from your About Me and post it here without any changes.

Ok, like that?

removed-userAug 19, 2020 2:53 PM
Aug 19, 2020 3:01 PM

Feb 2010
@YEAHBARAUM
OK thanks!

Unfortunately right and center tags dont work so the only way I can think of is to separate them painstakingly by invisible asterixes and other characters (maybe spaces). It's easier to edit this on a forum post where you have quick edit, just remember About Me and forum posts have different widths I think.

Openings***********************************wEndings

Durarara OP 1 - Uragi ni Yuuyake*********************Kekkai Sensen ED 1 - Sugar Song to Bitter Step
ERASED OP - Re:Re *******************************B the Beginning ED - Perfect World

[size=150][b]Openings[/b][/size][size=95][color=transparent]***********************************w[/color][/size][size=150][b]Endings[/b][/size]

[color=purple]
Durarara OP 1 - [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frfompwkApw]Uragi ni Yuuyake[/url][color=transparent]*********************[/color]Kekkai Sensen ED 1 - [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3SlUmr_T4g]Sugar Song to Bitter Step[/url]
ERASED OP - [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fodAJ-1dN3I]Re:Re[/url] [color=transparent]*******************************[/color]B the Beginning ED - [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcB9SSXxY0A]Perfect World[/url][/color]

Might be better to make a graphic with the text and links to the songs; you can align them perfectly in GIMP or Photoshop and even add pictures and stuff
Shishio-kunAug 19, 2020 3:14 PM
Aug 19, 2020 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
That's exactly what I was looking for

I didn't really know that there was [color = inivsible]

Thanks!
Aug 19, 2020 3:13 PM

Feb 2010
YEAHBARAUM said:
That's exactly what I was looking for

I didn't really know that there was [color = inivsible]

Thanks!

It's
[color=transparent][/color]

Check my original post for more and examples :D
Sep 15, 2020 1:46 PM

Aug 2020
You explained it with so much simplicity! Thanks, now I can make a great MAL profile!!!
Dec 17, 2020 3:16 PM

Feb 2010
@Valerio_Lyndon
Out with the old, in with the new

updated!
Dec 17, 2020 10:51 PM
Dec 18, 2020 12:40 AM

Feb 2010
Valerio_Lyndon said:
Shishio-kun said:
@Valerio_Lyndon
Out with the old, in with the new

updated!

An excellent change, if I do say so

Boys wife Mio.
Men wife Yui.

Jan 25, 2021 3:16 AM

Sep 2020
I forgot to bookmark this one and I've been looking this for so long. Thanks for the hard work!
Feb 12, 2021 5:12 PM

Feb 2010
TousifShoumik said:
How do i colour Strike-through only?? not the text...

I'm not sure what you mean, this? Or do you have an example you can link me to?

not this this not this

not this [s][color=red]this[/color][/s] not this
Feb 12, 2021 9:00 PM

Feb 2010
TousifShoumik said:
Shishio-kun said:

I'm not sure what you mean, this? Or do you have an example you can link me to?

not this this not this

not this [s][color=red]this[/color][/s] not this

i meant this

i want to change the colour of the Strike-through only not the text itself.

Hmm did someone on MAL do that? I can possibly rip the BBcode if you link me to it
Feb 13, 2021 12:06 AM

Feb 2010
TousifShoumik said:
Shishio-kun said:

Hmm did someone on MAL do that? I can possibly rip the BBcode if you link me to it

This isn't from MAL i took a screenshot from a website to show you an example.Anyway appreciate ur reply

Ok then I don't think its possible here, because the strike through won't get colored even with color codes and even then the color would be applied to the text anyways.
Feb 25, 2021 1:29 AM

May 2020
Okay , so I need help to customize my signature . You can see how it looks right now .
[img]https://i.imgur.com/H14LHDL.jpg[/img][img align=right]https://i.imgur.com/Tw2W5Uq.jpg[/img]

This is the code for the sig . I need help to add my anime list link or any text in between the two images right at the center. How exactly should I modify my code ?
For example like this :
Nyess_Feb 25, 2021 2:42 AM

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Feb 25, 2021 3:08 AM

Feb 2010
@shingojira-san

[center][img align=left]https://i.imgur.com/H14LHDL.jpg[/img]  [img align=right]https://i.imgur.com/Tw2W5Uq.jpg[/img]

text text text text text text text text text[/center]

You could also add a space to the top of the left pic to move it down a bit, and it would align with the right pic more. Do you know how to add space to a PNG?

text text text text text text text text text

Feb 25, 2021 3:32 AM

May 2020
Shishio-kun said:
@shingojira-san

[center][img align=left]https://i.imgur.com/H14LHDL.jpg[/img]  [img align=right]https://i.imgur.com/Tw2W5Uq.jpg[/img]

text text text text text text text text text[/center]

You could also add a space to the top of the left pic to move it down a bit, and it would align with the right pic more. Do you know how to add space to a PNG?

Yes I will do that , thank you very much for helping me Shishio !

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Feb 25, 2021 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
How do i make a link underlined text like this one
Feb 25, 2021 11:46 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
aditya_india said:
How do i make a link underlined text like this one

Is [u] not what you're looking for?
Shishio-kun said:
Example: Underlined text
Code for example: [u]Underlined text[/u]
[u][/u]

For that specific combination of a link with a coloured underline and differently coloured text I think it's possible by doing this specific ordering of codes.
[color=blue][u][url=https://myanimelist.net][color=red]Evil Club[/color][/url][/u][/color]

Evil Club
Mar 20, 2021 10:33 AM

Apr 2020
hi! im wondering if you can change a link into a different color instead of having it being default blue.
example
is it possible to change the color of the link?

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

ᴵⁿᵗʳᵒ: 【𝖠𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗍𝗂𝖼 𝗏𝖾𝗋.】廻廻奇譚 / 𝖤𝗏𝖾 ( 𝗄𝖺𝗂𝗄𝖺𝗂𝗄𝗂𝗍𝖺𝗇 ) 【呪術廻戦 𝖮𝖯】

1:05 ───|────── 2:53

|◁ II ▷|

Mar 20, 2021 10:43 AM

Feb 2010
Suyve said:
hi! im wondering if you can change a link into a different color instead of having it being default blue.
example
is it possible to change the color of the link?

quote my post and you can see the code, just add color tags inside the url tags

link
Mar 20, 2021 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
Hi, I'm trying to quote a text between two pictures, but instead of the quote boxes being behind the pictures I'm trying to put it only between the pictures.

For example, this is what I have now:

And this is what I want:

I'm also considering this not working in MAL or not being possible at all, but wanted to try.
Mar 20, 2021 1:35 PM

Feb 2010
Andromeda said:
Hi, I'm trying to quote a text between two pictures, but instead of the quote boxes being behind the pictures I'm trying to put it only between the pictures.

For example, this is what I have now:

And this is what I want:

I'm also considering this not working in MAL or not being possible at all, but wanted to try.

Well to do that with normal images (or anything on MAL actually) you'd have to find a way to push the quote box from the left and also right, or resize it. I don't see how you could do this with BBcode right now. The quote box doesn't seem to "listen" to anything so its hard to control.

Instead you could edit the images with fake ends of the quote boxes that line up with the real boxes, so that the quotes look like they get closed off there.
Mar 20, 2021 2:22 PM

Jul 2009
Shishio-kun said:
Well to do that with normal images (or anything on MAL actually) you'd have to find a way to push the quote box from the left and also right, or resize it. I don't see how you could do this with BBcode right now. The quote box doesn't seem to "listen" to anything so its hard to control.

Instead you could edit the images with fake ends of the quote boxes that line up with the real boxes, so that the quotes look like they get closed off there.

Aah, I see, after poking around in forums and sites I found that resizing the quote box to fit the text width can be done via phpBB x.x
So yeah, editing the images with fake ends is the only option here, although I'm wondering if it won't look messed up depending on other users' display resolutions and browsers.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I'm going to experiment a little more ✰
Mar 20, 2021 2:37 PM

Feb 2010
Andromeda said:
Shishio-kun said:

Aah, I see, after poking around in forums and sites I found that resizing the quote box to fit the text width can be done via phpBB x.x
So yeah, editing the images with fake ends is the only option here, although I'm wondering if it won't look messed up depending on other users' display resolutions and browsers.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I'm going to experiment a little more ✰

It should look the same to everyone, I think. It's list design that will look different because it uses percentages sometimes and is impacted by zoom/resolution.
Mar 21, 2021 6:25 PM

Oct 2019
hello, I want to center align the spoiler button, but would like the actual content and words inside the spoiler button to be left aligned.
i tried to do this:
[center][spoiler][left]hi[/left][/spoiler][/center]

but it just ends up looking like
╭⋟──────────────────────╮
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Mar 21, 2021 7:29 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Lovlis said:
hello, I want to center align the spoiler button, but would like the actual content and words inside the spoiler button to be left aligned.
i tried to do this:
[center][spoiler][left]hi[/left][/spoiler][/center]

but it just ends up looking like

Unfortunately this isn't directly possible due to the [left] tag not being supported by MAL. The closest you could get is to make an image that has left-aligned text and insert that with an [img] tag.
Mar 26, 2021 8:02 AM

Feb 2010

Images and text at same height

text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

Images and text at custom height

text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

Images and text aligned but centered

text text text text
text text text text
text text text text

Images and text aligned but centered, text is custom height

text text text text
text text text text
text text text text

Shishio-kunMar 26, 2021 8:33 AM
Mar 26, 2021 8:35 AM

Feb 2010
Centering spoiler and text in the spoiler

Apr 18, 2021 5:37 PM

Oct 2020
Hontoni arigato gozaimasu!!! ^_^

“𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚋𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎.”

-𝚂𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚖𝚎𝚜
Apr 18, 2021 8:50 PM
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Jul 2020
Shishio-kun said:
Centering spoiler and text in the spoiler

I don't think using transparent images is necessary, the button aligns itself to the center automatically and text on each new line will be centered too :

Zach-chanApr 18, 2021 8:54 PM

anime list -~~- manga list
Apr 19, 2021 3:28 AM

Feb 2010
@Zach-chan That's different, it didn't work before and I've been asked about it numerous times. Maybe it's finally been fixed or working correctly for all parts of the site. It's even working on blogs now (I'm sure it wasn't working there before).
Shishio-kunApr 19, 2021 3:34 AM
Apr 19, 2021 5:05 AM
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Jul 2020
Shishio-kun said:
@Zach-chan That's different, it didn't work before and I've been asked about it numerous times. Maybe it's finally been fixed or working correctly for all parts of the site. It's even working on blogs now (I'm sure it wasn't working there before).

I see, didn't know that! Glad it works as intended now :-)

anime list -~~- manga list
Apr 20, 2021 1:14 AM

Apr 2014
Hello! Does MAL support column or table BB code? or something like that.
I tried to use the column code on MAL but it was failed or maybe the code was incorrect.
I want something like the one on the left, the one on the center, and the other one on the right that are on the same horizontal line.
It like using [/center] and [/right] codes but I need all of them to be on the same horizontal line not on different lines.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 20, 2021 4:42 AM

Feb 2010
AkeZZZ said:
I tried to use the column code on MAL but it was failed or maybe the code was incorrect.
I want something like the one on the left, the one on the center, and the other one on the right that are on the same horizontal line.
It like using [/center] and [/right] codes but I need all of them to be on the same horizontal line not on different lines.

I've never seen a column code
Apr 20, 2021 4:49 AM

Apr 2014
Shishio-kun said:
AkeZZZ said:

I found it here https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2190664

thanks anyways :)
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 20, 2021 4:53 AM

Feb 2010
AkeZZZ said:
Shishio-kun said:

I found it here https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2190664

thanks anyways :)

I mean I've never seen it on MAL, so it's probably not here.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7813 by takkun_ »»
1 hour ago

» [CSS- MODERN] ⭐ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] ☀️ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.