Forum Settings
Forums

Why do people write reviews about and rate shows that only have one episode out?

New
Jan 8, 2012 4:25 PM

Aug 2010
Honestly, it seems a little stupid.
Jan 8, 2012 4:30 PM

Jun 2009
Happens all the time mate... All the time...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2012 4:39 PM
Dec 2011
It is stupid.
Episode 1. OMG, Guilty Crown, Anime of the Year. 10/10

Episode 2. Eh, copy of Code Geass. But still awesome! 9/10

Episode 3. No.5/10

Episode 4-8. I don't remember what happens in each respective episode but I just know it was random shit. 0

Episode 9-11. Random stuff happens, but hey, it's like a Michael Bay Movie. 5/10

See what it does?
Jan 8, 2012 4:41 PM

Nov 2011
Okazaki93 said:
For the same reason people wipe their butt more times than necessary

They're trying to avoid dingle berries
Dingle berries? XD
Jan 8, 2012 4:47 PM

Dec 2011
Maybe they were anticipating the anime that much, or they haven't seen a lot of anime in general. Or they are trolling.

Either that, or they just wanna be first on a review page.

For the life of me, I couldn't see any other reasons why someone would do this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2012 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
cause people are dumbasses and think they can base a entire an anime off of 1 episode, which is just pitiful, thats why i get pissed off when people drop shows at 1 episode,

and these people that give shows reviews after 1 ep always use some bullcrap excuse of "im just telling people if the first episode is worth watching"

its one freaking episode if you cant just try it for yourself then your just lazy

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 8, 2012 5:04 PM

May 2011
Cuz they are ignorant and talentless fucktards who need attention.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 8, 2012 5:07 PM
Dec 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
cause people are dumbasses and think they can base a entire an anime off of 1 episode, which is just pitiful, thats why i get pissed off when people drop shows at 1 episode,

and these people that give shows reviews after 1 ep always use some bullcrap excuse of "im just telling people if the first episode is worth watching"

its one freaking episode if you cant just try it for yourself then your just lazy
Umm, not that many people have the time to watch through 10 episodes for a show to be good. For some of us, it's pull us in or leave us out [if that makes sense].

I honestly doubt sitting somewhere and watching something makes someone lazy.
-MikaJan 10, 2012 5:57 PM

Jun 2009
And here, I thought it was because it gave people who were interested in the series an idea of what it was like to persuade more people to watch it. Well, goodness was I wrong...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

Sep 2011
-Mika said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Umm, not that many people have the time to watch through 10 episodes for a show to be good. For some of us, it's pull us in our leave us out [if that makes sense].

i said 1 episode not 10, im refering to what this thread is about, idiots that make reviews after 1 episode, also seriously what is with this annoying grey text thing you do, its not impossible to but its harder to read and just annoying

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 8, 2012 5:09 PM

Sep 2011
I remember how everyone wrote a review for episode 1 of Higurashi Kira when it came out saying it's all about fanservice and that's the main focus of the OVA.

& how many episodes of that OVA have major fanservice? 1.

People who do that obviously just want to be in the top reviews list.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Jan 8, 2012 5:09 PM

Jan 2012
If it has a predecesor then they expect much... If not then they are jsut stupid... ^^
Jan 8, 2012 5:15 PM

May 2010
somebody give me a valid reason because I don't get it either. Isn't that why we have sub-forums with discussions per episode? If you want to review it that early, post in its Episode 1 thread.
Jan 8, 2012 5:16 PM

Sep 2008
People still actually give a damn about reviews on here?
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 8, 2012 5:17 PM

Sep 2011
I think its pretty stupid as well but I guess its for first impression? I dunno.
Jan 8, 2012 5:17 PM

Jun 2010
-Mika said:
It is stupid.
Episode 1. OMG, Guilty Crown, Anime of the Year. 10/10

Episode 2. Eh, copy of Code Geass. But still awesome! 9/10

Episode 3. No.5/10

Episode 4-8. I don't remember what happens in each respective episode but I just know it was random shit. 0

Episode 9-11. Random stuff happens, but hey, it's like a Michael Bay Movie. 5/10

See what it does?

LOL Sooo true xD

Guilty crown is terrible (besides the animation)

but yeah, people always do this...and will continue to do so.
Jan 8, 2012 5:34 PM

Jun 2008
Because they want attention.
Jan 8, 2012 5:43 PM

Nov 2010
some state (right from the get-go) based on X amount of eps seen and building up their review (god how many people said the new SnS season sucked and now think it's awsome and vice versa) rating it from the first ep? ok that's just bull haha :D

but somebody allready said it here it's nice for people to see if it lived up to their expectations? "does it REALY have naked boobs??? -> yes it has and that is all" kind of feedback. so it CAN be usefull, but just saying from just the first episode it's gods gift to humanity (then GTFO! what are you 12???)
Jan 8, 2012 5:48 PM

Jun 2008
Suzune-chan said:
And here, I thought it was because it gave people who were interested in the series an idea of what it was like to persuade more people to watch it. Well, goodness was I wrong...

That's what the synoposis is for.
Not to mention that reviews tend to have spoilers, so one shouldn't read a review before watching the show.
Jan 8, 2012 6:10 PM

May 2010
Jigero said:
People still actually give a damn about reviews on here?

You serious dog? There are some hilariously pathetic opinions on this site, and the good reviewers (some of my favorites being Beatnik, Touka, Detective and that chap with the Big Lebowski avatar) also make it worthwhile
Jan 8, 2012 6:22 PM

Feb 2010
i dont see the problem if they clarify the review is about episode 1 and its well done.

but yeah most of them are retarded "this series is amazing 10/10 herp derp"
Jan 8, 2012 6:24 PM

Nov 2011
Leaving something without rating is that is stupid. Making reviews is a little extreme...
I'm saying this based off that I rated Black Rock Shooter OVA, but I don't know about people who watch the first episode of one that's still airing and already rate...
「レミ咲が今日のティータイム。」- RemiSaku ga kyou no tea time!
Jan 10, 2012 5:28 PM
Dec 2011
first episode is usually the hook for me.
Jan 10, 2012 5:29 PM

Nov 2009
Suzune-chan said:

Thats what I was thinking...seems so many people are up their own arse about it though...

Oh well Welcome to MAL I spose lol.
Jan 10, 2012 5:44 PM

Jul 2011
Riptos said:
Suzune-chan said:

Thats what I was thinking...seems so many people are up their own arse about it though...

Oh well Welcome to MAL I spose lol.

Apparently, several topics ongoing now that are essentially about "what do you think of person XXXX doing XXXXX" As if someone's choices actually are an inconveniance.

Personally, don't care if they rate at episode 1, if they do I typically won't read it, or I'll read it after watching the episode then use the helpful/not helpful function. But really, in the end what's it matter?

Jan 10, 2012 5:56 PM
Dec 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
-Mika said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Umm, not that many people have the time to watch through 10 episodes for a show to be good. For some of us, it's pull us in or leave us out [if that makes sense].

i said 1 episode not 10, im refering to what this thread is about, idiots that make reviews after 1 episode, also seriously what is with this annoying grey text thing you do, its not impossible to but its harder to read and just annoying

Some of us don't have time to be appealed by 5 episodes, sorry.

How about fixing your shit grammar before talking about how hard it is to read text. You could also get a new monitor since I'm able to read it perfectly.

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

24 by Lawgun »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

6 by LightWorker »»
13 minutes ago

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

43 by Richard_Senpai »»
13 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

19 by DigiCat »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 6 hours ago

13 by 23feanor »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.