Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2011 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so it ends, I was thinking that they would focus on Airi and the school merger issues since you know...she WAS supposed to be the main heroine but it seems the Miu hijack was absolute and complete as the episode's main focus is on her.

Also I found this pretty funny

Oh and manglove...why would you do this near the end? People who know the PSP game might be surprised

When this series had started I had absolutely no idea that I would end up enjoying it as much as I did. it has all the stereotypes and cliches I was expecting but the way they executed them were solid and overall this was probably the best eroge anime adaptation i've seen since ef.

SANA OVA WHEN MANGLOBE!?
Dec 20, 2011 10:33 AM

Apr 2010
lol at the pic.
Dec 20, 2011 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
Hmm...well I guess releasing Butterfree back into the wild was the correct thing to do.

Also, the insert song worked way better the first time, the second time seemed a bit meh, although the lyrics fit the mood.

Glad to see a fulfilling ending, harem endings blow.

Objective Score: 4/10. It's “bad” when it comes to actually portraying human emotions, it's rushed and it's pretty damn linear. But it's the type of “bad” that isn't irritating to watch; it's “bad” because it's not the most original.

Subjective Score: 5/10 : Mashiro on its own really isn't the most unique anime. It's generic, it's predictable, it doesn't offer anything new or rare. It's still enjoyable, but there's just so much room for improvement. But the enjoyability is still there.

Wow, the summarized version of the review makes no sense.

mdzDec 22, 2011 12:21 PM
Dec 20, 2011 11:16 AM

Nov 2008
Pannya returned to her mother, it was really touching but hijacked the main story in the process. I really enjoyed the anime and I never tried Mutsu no Hana, maybe I should try it anyway, I already did the 18+ version anyway and there are endings in Mutsu no Hana that weren't in the original.

9/10

Dec 20, 2011 1:15 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah it was a really touching moment when Pannya returned to her mother. ^_^

I expect a better ending but it's turn all good :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 20, 2011 1:30 PM
Jun 2011
i had tears on my eyes when the song start as miu free penya the sad song was fit to the scene for sure
Dec 20, 2011 2:01 PM

Dec 2009
Finally a harem anime that has a decent end ^^
Dec 20, 2011 4:57 PM
Apr 2011
I love how this series subverted the "tsundere/bitch main heroine cliche." This anime should receive a medal among harem series for that alone. Very happy with the Miu ending as she has the best overall personality and the most wifely qualities out of all the girls.

You could say that Airi and Sana had more "character development,", but that doesn't always make for a great character, and it doesn't really amount to much in a mostly generic harem series like this anyway. Airi and Sana are more short-term girlfriend material for excitement and hot sex.
Dec 20, 2011 5:38 PM

Jun 2011
Seeing Miu cry was worth watching this episode.
Dec 20, 2011 6:59 PM

Jun 2011
What I found most amazing about this anime was how many cliches they stuffed in it, and how well it turned out despite all that.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Dec 20, 2011 7:16 PM

Oct 2010
As much as I wanted to give this series a 9/10 they fucked up big ass time for choosing Miu. At least branch out her arc and branch in Airi's but no way, they screwed up and did not do it. So Eat my Shorts at 8/10 as Bart Simpson would say. Scoring this any lower would undermine my tastes for emotions, scenery and romance in animes on average. The scenery is really what made this anime shine along with the art style it produced. I can almost call it a Hoshizora look a like but it certainly is more serious than Hoshizora IMO. Now what this episode really outboasted is her in the following,

Who is she? From PSP game? She sure has the bust size of Ange if not more. Her face here is sure impressive with that hairstyle being quite unique. Sakuno looks good in the spoiler
with that uniform of hers. Guess I will skip Miu in this episode and totally talk how Airi and Sana also outboasted but not emotionally sadly.

About Airi, one of the things I liked about Airi in this episode is her face here as she was talking with Sana. While I find her depressing face here rather not good. It was sad. While the best of Airi’s faces IMO is in the spoiler
those eyes are quite something with that blush.
Loved seeing Airi in a plain sweater for it made her look different a little. Totally loved the expression Airi made with her mother in the spoiler
that little part is very treasured of me for having good relations with your mother is important. Looks like Airi’s got better for her. The most that had splendid progress is in the following,

Airi patting Pannya? Touching Pannya? That is incredible! She would not be able to approach it even let alone touching it sure is good progress. Too bad they did not show much of it but it does pay off in thee end.

About Sana, Sane totally blew me off with laughter in the following spoiler
her totally interruption of Shingo totally won me over in moving my ass to even make a GIF of it. It was hilarious not only the situation but Sana’s faces along with her expressions. Got love the fact that it was her that cheered up Airi here when she was feeling down. At around that part her faces in the spoiler
were the best I find! Positive and full of light!

About miscellaneous stuff, as soon as I saw Ange seeing something that looks like Pannya, Airi as she gets out saw also something that looked like Pannya here along with Sakuno being startled by the dog saw the same one here and thus I knew it was Pannya’s mother we saw in the flashback with Miu. While I do think Ange looked splendid with that coat here. Pannya on the other hand in the spoiler
was hilarious with his expressions and MOE. It was interesting to know that Miu cared so much for Pannya that she changed his brooch all the time. Loved the group shots in the spoiler
they were all great.

Other things,
  • According to the following spoiler
    this tree looks to be 19 to 20 years old tree or maybe more. Anyone can see better the lines?

• Those 2 new girls in the spoiler
    particularly the brown haired/green eyed one.

• I though the first time Miu cried in regards to Pannya in the spoiler
    was well done and hidden. That was genius for a setup.
So in thee end I have to say to Miu crying in the spoiler
was most certainly worth is as the #2 best crying in the series apart from #1 being Sana.

About thee end, the end’s presentation in the spoiler
has some meaning in life growing where it was cut off previously as Miu’s life being cut off but now growing back better up with Shingo at her side, this being shown as a flaming love with the depiction of the Sakura flowers while holding hands while the spoiler shows that in thee end Miu is wearing more daring dresses. Sadly they do not show it but I suspect it’s like the white one that Madoka had in Hoshizora. The mascot does officially become Pannya.

BTW End art is the best of Miu in the spoiler
notice Pannya’s tail makes a heart with Miu’s tail. I like the way her breasts are done in that one.

Image Stitches done in the spoiler
Miu looks good but I think Airi looks better in those.

I really did not have time to do any GIFs but this being the last episode I left some made in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=378689
Among them the situation of Sana/Shingo in the beginning and some avatars along with some Airi nice stuff. It’s the least I can do for this series’s last episode.
Yumekichi11Dec 20, 2011 8:28 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 20, 2011 11:41 PM

Apr 2011
I hate the end. Do you know why?

Because when they showed the PSP only heroine, Manglobe is giving us viewers a troll message like, "If you want to see more of her, buy the PSP game you fuckers!" like that

3/5 for the episode.
8/10 for the entire series
MagitoDec 21, 2011 12:06 AM
Dec 21, 2011 4:22 AM
Apr 2011
FUCK.
Dec 21, 2011 8:55 AM

Mar 2011
Magito said:

Because when they showed the PSP only heroine, Manglobe is giving us viewers a troll message like, "If you want to see more of her, buy the PSP game you fuckers!" like that

They did the Miu route for the same reason, but with Sana.

"You mad, Sanafags? Want revenge? Then buy the PSP game, she haz her route!"

and AFAIK, the PSP game was #3 in the sales rank last week. Derp.
Dec 21, 2011 10:41 AM

Nov 2008
ElPsyKangaroo said:
Magito said:

Damn, and it came out like last September.

Dec 21, 2011 11:04 AM

Jun 2008
ElPsyKangaroo said:
Magito said:

I tried to drop this after ep. 10 and FINALLY dropped this after watching the un-subbed ep. 11.
I had a bad feeling a troll-like event might happen.
And, after reading most of the posts here, my suspicions have been CONFIRMED!!

And that's so sad.....because I did have VERY high hopes for this series.
But, to think that they did this ill-advised face-turn and left all those HUGE plot holes just to sell VN units?!!
(I know anime is a BUSINESS,.....but COME ON NOW!!! Show a little ARTISTIC INTEGRITY?! )
SHAME on the writers and producers of this series for INSULTING the intelligence of anime fans everywhere!!
(Instead, they just created a BADLY executed version of "Toradora!" or "Honey and Clover".)

After checking Sankaku Complex and ANN to see and find that
NOBODY else is buzzing about this series, I felt SO much better!
Maybe now this title will disappear into the annals of other FAILED animes!!!

Just finished re-watching the "Kara no Kyoukai" series
(.....just to get the bad taste from THIS series out of my mouth)
and looking forward to the "Gyo" ova coming in February!!
It's nice to know there are other anime studios like ufotable that still respect MY intelligence!!!
-----------------
let the flaming begin!!!!!!
(Too bad I won't be here to enjoy it!!)
FifthAveSenseiDec 21, 2011 2:35 PM
Too Much ANIME......Not enough LIFETIME!!!!!!
Dec 21, 2011 4:09 PM
Jun 2011
FifthAveSensei said:
ElPsyKangaroo said:
Magito said:

I tried to drop this after ep. 10 and FINALLY dropped this after watching the un-subbed ep. 11.
I had a bad feeling a troll-like event might happen.
And, after reading most of the posts here, my suspicions have been CONFIRMED!!

And that's so sad.....because I did have VERY high hopes for this series.
But, to think that they did this ill-advised face-turn and left all those HUGE plot holes just to sell VN units?!!
(I know anime is a BUSINESS,.....but COME ON NOW!!! Show a little ARTISTIC INTEGRITY?! )
SHAME on the writers and producers of this series for INSULTING the intelligence of anime fans everywhere!!
(Instead, they just created a BADLY executed version of "Toradora!" or "Honey and Clover".)

After checking Sankaku Complex and ANN to see and find that
NOBODY else is buzzing about this series, I felt SO much better!
Maybe now this title will disappear into the annals of other FAILED animes!!!

Just finished re-watching the "Kara no Kyoukai" series
(.....just to get the bad taste from THIS series out of my mouth)
and looking forward to the "Gyo" ova coming in February!!
It's nice to know there are other anime studios like ufotable that still respect MY intelligence!!!
-----------------
let the flaming begin!!!!!!
(Too bad I won't be here to enjoy it!!)
oh come on plot holes?it was so clear since the start miu will end with and about airi the bath scence was the one finished her arc. the reason of airi arc was only to make her think he diffrent the outher boys she didnt have so much romantic feelings like you think to him toward all the six episodes.
Dec 21, 2011 4:44 PM
Jun 2011
I would call Pannya the mastermind behind all of this. In the first episode Pannya led Sakuno away, so that Airi, Sakuno and Shingo could meet. So that Sakuno and Shingo know Airi's "other side" before they went to Yujio the next day.
Shingo meeting Miu was also caused by Pannya walking to him in episode 2.
Shingo overhearing the nukobu problems was also thanks to Pannya scratching the door, thus leading this anime to the Miu route.
Dec 21, 2011 5:29 PM

Jan 2010
A very disappointing ending to a show with a lot of promise. Overall, the show was pretty entertaining but the choice of Miu really dragged it down for me.

7/10 and I'm being generous with my overall distaste for Miu...if it wasn't for the the rest of the show being as entertaining as it was it would be much lower.
Ok™
Dec 21, 2011 7:44 PM
Dec 2007
elior1 said:
oh come on plot holes?it was so clear since the start miu will end with and about airi the bath scence was the one finished her arc. the reason of airi arc was only to make her think he diffrent the outher boys she didnt have so much romantic feelings like you think to him toward all the six episodes.
Her arc is longer and frequently alluded to during most of the start of the show (before they went on a senpai parade on us). The fact remained Airi never faced his family matters and to top it off also swore off loving boys for the rest of her life. How's that for a downer.

All this ending did was give us emo scenes from the unchosen interested girls, give us a vapiid and empty relationship end.
Leon-GunDec 21, 2011 7:47 PM

Dec 21, 2011 11:59 PM

Oct 2010
ElPsyKangaroo said:
Magito said:

Indeed I reflect on what a sad machination this all is of to commercialize the game more.

Almost worse than the censors themselves.
Leon-Gun said:
elior1 said:
oh come on plot holes?it was so clear since the start miu will end with and about airi the bath scence was the one finished her arc. the reason of airi arc was only to make her think he different the outher boys she didnt have so much romantic feelings like you think to him toward all the six episodes.
Her arc is longer
Is not the longest arc the Sakuno arc?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 22, 2011 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
aww great anime hope the VN will be translated someday
Dec 22, 2011 12:40 PM

Jul 2011
i rather enjoyed this anime and it was a touching moment how she gave pannya back to her mother, i like this episode as it tells of change and how you can't stay the same forever and you will have to change

does anyone know if their gonna make a second season? maybe showing a different route like airi's or sana's or maybe an OVA?

if not ill just buy the game on my psp and check out the routes for myself
Dec 22, 2011 12:41 PM
Apr 2011
Well overall I loved this anime. As for this episode I thought it was extremely cute :PPP (this is coming from a guy -_- ). However this is one thing I must know... What was that ending insert song? If anyone finds out can, someone tell me what it is? Thank Youuu~~
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/xDenboy&amp;sclick=1">;

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power,
without the ability to change my course, was bound to a slow death.
--Lelouch Lamperouge</a>
Dec 22, 2011 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
This anime was quite generic apart from the route change did not expect that and the fact the MC in the harem actually chose a girl unlike 90% of harems :L. Even if it was in my view the blandest girl to pick -.-

Nice moments in this episode, with Miu and Pannya having their own farewell moment and the return of Pannya to its mother.

I've found this series fine but nothing that would make me want to rewatch it tbh, maybe because it's not the sort of the anime for me (being a guy afterall) but it certainly wasn't bad :).

6/10 for the whole series
removed-userDec 22, 2011 5:33 PM
Dec 22, 2011 1:51 PM

May 2009
I unno, was anyone else extremely disappointing at the ending, or was that just me?

Overall the series was very entertaining to watch.
7.5/10

...But I wish the ending had a little more "pizaaaz" :l

OVA's plox.
i miss you
Dec 22, 2011 1:56 PM

Sep 2011
Not bad way to end it,watching the group goodbye to pannya was sad...still it was a good last episode between the students join up and Shingox Miu last scenes were nice.

Now the anime in hole was not bad,at least like many people say the MC pick a chick and maybe Miu wasnt the best option having Sana or Airi but at least he pick one,but ya besides that it could had been done much better and i really dont have that much rewatch value (maybe only to see the uncensored from BDs) but i had fun.
7/10 and waiting for BDs to see the uncensored fanservice :D

Btw even more now I WANT A PANNYA!!!!
Dec 22, 2011 2:04 PM
Mar 2010
Loved the anime, loved the heroine choice, love all the heroines. Finaly the girl I chose won! However, OVA'S PLOX! Must see Sana/Airi/Ange/Sakuno/New Girl routes
Dec 22, 2011 2:09 PM

Aug 2011
I personally rate animes on enjoyment factor only..., so after episode 10 this went from being an 8/10 anime to a 1/10 anime, and thats only cuz 1 is the lowest i could attribute to it lol..., ending was not surprising, wasnt expecting much anyhow!
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Dec 22, 2011 2:19 PM

Aug 2011
it was a nice way to end the anime... but i think i would've liked a different route...
Don't get me wrong!! Miu is cute as hell, and her route was enjoyable, very romantic indeed... but i guess i wanted Airi to get the love....
Oh well, i still loved this anime and will be giving it an 8/10 (a high one at that)
the animation was great, and the OP and ED were great!!! Especially the opening, i totally digged into that!! :D
Dec 22, 2011 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
The ending wa fine. I think this was pretty good for a harem ^^ He actually chooses a girl and we see real romantic feelings here~~ And I'm glad it's not that much ecchi, and it's a cute and sweet show to watch. Finally a harem without that typical beach episode xD I hope to see more of this in the future.
-Just Believe-
Dec 22, 2011 3:50 PM
Apr 2010
As for this episode alone, ended how it should. Everything all wrapped up nicely. Loved the structure in this anime, had a direction and a good ending. Mashi is just generally solid I guess, looks good in all departments and doesn't try to do something that isn't necessary. Sakuno in the new uniform at the end ..nice

MissAnime96 said:
Finally a harem without that typical beach episode

Indeed.
Dec 22, 2011 3:53 PM

Aug 2010
Not a perfect show but it was alright. As weird as it is for me to say this I'm going to miss the rape face.
Dec 22, 2011 4:04 PM

Nov 2010
wanted to give a 9 but the last ep dragged it down to a 8 (7,5)

why even bring up the school merger and plans to make a stand and then do nothing with it??? this feels like mayo chiki last episode all over again...
Dec 22, 2011 4:51 PM

Jul 2011
Dayum who is this? I would have preferred she be a main character than one of the other girls >_>, damn PSP game :\
Dec 22, 2011 5:03 PM

Sep 2010
Everything went better than expected.
HATERS GONNA HATE.
Dec 22, 2011 5:22 PM

Jun 2009
By the gods, this was pretty touching. Miu-senpai! щ(゚Д゚щ)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 22, 2011 5:34 PM

Dec 2011
At least the last episode was more interesting. Its heart wrenching seeing Miu having to give up to Panya-chan. She understand that she is losing Panya but she wont lose the memories with Panya and the memories that are to come.

Good anime tho I would have like to see more of the other girls tho. Btw, I will mention something...

*Miu crying*
Uryuu: I'll be by your side, forever and ever.

Beotch, you better. That was pretty selfish what you did in the last episode.
Dec 22, 2011 5:53 PM

Dec 2009
So Miu left the club? >_<

7/10
Dec 22, 2011 6:03 PM
Dec 2007
has anyone found the piano sheet for "sayonara kimi no koe" insert song at the end?? i can't find it anywhere
Dec 22, 2011 6:48 PM

May 2008
8/10 it wasn't an harem ending YES! but i guess i would of preferred a Airi ending because of how the anime was developing her near the start of the anime oh well great anime! Wonder if the sales are good there would be an Airi or Sana ending animated!
Dec 22, 2011 7:14 PM
Jun 2008
well for me i got it a 10/10 really give sorta start late watch seeing pics & mention on it i really like this series.

really one those good series to watch for all ages.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 22, 2011 7:28 PM

Jun 2008
Wtf it looked like Miu was naked in that last scene.

Pannya is the best character in this show.

6/10 for being mostly average but having a good end.
Dec 22, 2011 8:45 PM

Jan 2010
Well that sucked. Someone above mentioned that there were plot holes but I don't think there was a plot. No real characters, No writing. No development. No substance. Not much beyond attractive artwork. But it did have a tedious ending.
Dec 22, 2011 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
Miu left the club. :/

I last cried because of Angel Beats. Now this episode got me almost back to that. >.<'

They need a happier season 2. >.<'''''''
Dec 23, 2011 12:58 AM

Dec 2011
Glad to see Yutsuki, but still, at the end, I never figured out what kind of animal Pannya is....
Dec 23, 2011 2:45 AM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

Who is she? From PSP game? She sure has the bust size of Ange if not more./b]
Would like to know too Nice of them to give us a new girl in the last bit of the episode!,oh well nice ending hoping the BDs sell and we get a new season Even with a male lead not that this one was really bad.

BTW how do you take full size screen shots of scenes like this one^ when the camera is moving upward?.
Dec 23, 2011 3:01 AM

May 2011
eh
wasn't too bad but nothing special either
kinda failed as a harem honestly

meh/10
Dec 23, 2011 3:26 AM

Dec 2011
I'm still surprised that they went for a Miu ending seeing as her route was pretty average in the game. Even more surprised that this HAD a proper ending at all instead of a generic harem ending which explains nothing.

It would be nice to see an OVA for Airi, but I highly doubt it. Even if its made, there's too much stuff in Airi's route for them to cramp into one episode.

For those who are unsatisfied I suggest you just play the game. Don't know jap? Its not like I do and I still played the whole thing. Use ATLAS. I plan to play Sana's route on PSP in the near future.

For those who actually care, you can find more info about the game here
I blog about eroge at:
Dec 23, 2011 3:29 AM

May 2011
ElPsyKangaroo said:
Magito said:

Lol IMO manglobe is the pure winner here. They did a great job boosting up their sales with this show. It started with airi route and then slowly they gave us a little bit of hope being with sana, but at the end they chose Miu's route. But thats not all! They had to troll us with the psp only heroine at the end of the show. Good job manglobe, you just made me order the game online. You are the winner.

Back onto the series, i'd give it a 9/10 , it would've been at 10/10 if it ended up with either airi or sana. Miu route is not that bad, i just dont find it that appealing compared to airi or sana. The insert song is amazing. I've decided that i'll get my hands on the OST when its released no matter what. Good stuff indeed. Good adaptation, good arts, good music. Definitely worth watching.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 13, 2011

196 by RioAl »»
May 3, 2023 5:49 AM

Poll: » Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Dec 6, 2011

267 by RioAl »»
May 3, 2023 5:28 AM

» Poor Airi

shuvrokun - Mar 19, 2023

3 by shuvrokun »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:37 AM

» Shingo's and Airi's name

Rad_Scientist - Jan 25, 2023

4 by Rad_Scientist »»
Jan 25, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Mashiroiro Symphony: Love Is Pure White Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 11, 2011

92 by NextUniverse »»
Jul 5, 2022 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.