Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2011 9:18 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
YUP another awesome episode, Shana is finally starting to learn how to properly use the full power of Alastor and boy does she do it in a flashy way.
Its now time for Shana to begin pursuit of Yuji! CANT WAIT FOR NEEK WEEK!

It seems Shana is finally starting to tap into her true potential
game8910Dec 9, 2011 11:59 AM
Dec 9, 2011 10:45 AM
Jun 2011
dude they fucked yuji's castle XD how is he gonna return now if they fuck up that eye thing in the sky????

im hopin he comes back fucks them all!! YEAH!
Dec 9, 2011 11:07 AM

Jan 2010
Nothing much to say bout the episode.. except about Shana owning the enemy.
but the next episode's preview looks good :D.. Sophie leads the battle and I think Margery's going to wake up too. :D
Dec 9, 2011 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
Shana is finally back to action and her new powers are damn awesome xD. Downloading RAW right now to check it out in HD this time xD.

Can't wait for when Shana fights Yuji!
Dec 9, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2011
this is some pretty awesome stuff. i loved how shana displayed her power, i was excited to no end watching this!
Dec 9, 2011 1:36 PM
Apr 2010
Best episode so far.
The 9episodes before this were just a buildup to this awesome episode.

xP did anyone notice the vuvuzela?
Dec 9, 2011 1:53 PM

Nov 2008
Why must we wait another week!!!!
Dec 9, 2011 2:01 PM
Apr 2011
best episode of the series imo. shana was freaking kick ass in this one and im pretty excited to yuji come back and kick some ass cause you know he will. god damn that was awesome!!
Dec 9, 2011 2:05 PM
Jun 2011
next episode decarabia finally come out of his hideout cant wait to see him battle
Dec 9, 2011 2:30 PM

Feb 2011
What !!! The episode 10 is already out, you haven't told me ? I thought we were friends..
Forever Berserk
Dec 9, 2011 2:38 PM

Apr 2011
What a TOASTY! moment. She burned everything.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Dec 9, 2011 2:39 PM
Jul 2011
ahh >_> this is just another of those epic episodes, wait a minute every episode was freaking epic! (yes 1 and 3 aswell, don't like it? then GTFO.)

already know what's going to happen in the next ep ;D! let's say,
the BIG moment of the SECOND love couple is about to get aired ;O! i'm wondering though how Marjorie will react to him.

but for some reason i'm really disliking this season because there's no ShanaxYuji unlike the other seasons, oh well still love this season, but rather have the 1 one, wich was a masterpiece!
Dec 9, 2011 2:47 PM

Jul 2011
Heh, and I thought Bleach was extremely biased towards the "good guys". Seriously, why are they getting slaughtered. At least the Espada in Bleach did shit that looked threatening instead of using double team and blowing into an instrument. Things are going too well, and knowing this, it'll probably be met with things going very badly, which in turns, creates melodrama. But seriously, that thing in the first episode put up more of a fight, and had more mechanics than the shitty I'm aiming for you with lasers scheme.

Also this episode introduced a ton of Flame Haze being airdropped in, I'm not exactly sure if they are Flame Haze, just assuming. But if they are, then that kind of makes dying in Shakugan kind of meaningless. Before now, the majority of the enemies and the "good guys" were given some sort of characterization and a background. But if they just start dying in the masses, then there really isn't a point to care for them.

Anyhow, didn't really like the episode. It didn't seem to flow, kind of bumpy.

mdzDec 10, 2011 4:14 PM
Dec 9, 2011 3:18 PM
Oct 2010
Awesome display of power from Shana... The pace is gaining a lot of momentum. That said, I didn't like how the lion crimson lord lost by getting distracted... the bad guys are dying way too easily, though it's obvious a set up for a tide turn at Yuji's return... still, I hope Decarabia puts up a decent fight.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 9, 2011 3:30 PM

Jun 2009
Man. That was boring..... :(
Dec 9, 2011 4:04 PM
Jul 2010
I don't know if it's just me or Shana episodes are slowing down the pace a lot this season. Maybe it's because I watched the first two seasons in like... 4 days and now I gotta wait an entire week... but anyway, I appreciate the bits of awesomeness they give us every week, so yeah, it was a nice episode. Shana was simply EPIC at the ending.
Dec 9, 2011 4:09 PM

Oct 2011
And the fun continues!
Dec 9, 2011 7:25 PM

Sep 2011
What is with all these fucked up looking bad guys in this Anime...

Anyways, great episode, the ending was so epic! I would like more romance but w/e, I guess action will have to do for now... :(
Dec 9, 2011 7:36 PM

Oct 2010
I just know i hate Shana and the flame haze side. I hope Yuji comes back ASAP and rape them all.

Yeah the way the Lion dude died was bullshit. I know the silly flame haze side better have some heavy causalities. I hope that lil fake nun lady dies.

Im so evil. LOL
Dec 9, 2011 7:37 PM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode =) Loved her new powers<3

Lol @ how her enemy was a camel though HAHAHA
Dec 9, 2011 8:02 PM
May 2011
Very good episode. Can't wait until next week,also I hope magery joins the fight but I dought it
Dec 9, 2011 8:28 PM

Sep 2011
Awesome episode. Shana back with a vengeance it seems.

Definitely looking forward to seeing Decarabia in the next ep.
Dec 9, 2011 8:43 PM

Jun 2011
I kind of feel that the switch between scenes a bit too much
Keep jumping around ><
And there wasn't really any good action scenes until the very end.
Dec 9, 2011 9:08 PM

Dec 2007
That was a Guze no Ou? Seriously? That weak pathetic being? Bullshit. Fucking bullshit. The only thing he could do was make copies of himself and call forth drones to attack. What a lame fight that was.
Dec 9, 2011 10:11 PM
Jun 2011
am i the only one that wants yuji and the bad guys to win?
Dec 9, 2011 10:37 PM
May 2009
Is it just me or am I the only one finding myself rooting for the villains (if you want to call them that both sides are getting more and more gray). That not to say I hate Flame Hazes or anything, but Yuji said it himself he not just doing this for Shana he doing it for everyone including the Flame Hazes.(that being said I have no idea what he's planning) What are the Flames Hazes doing this for, because it's their duty. :(

I'm finding myself sad during these episodes rather than cheering like everyone else. The Lion died thanks to a distraction when he had pretty much won against physco beam chick wtf. Camel Dude also died not really showing himself as much of a villain Shana was the one to draw her blade on him and he seemed satisfied with just talking to her, unless I'm mistaken. Not to mention everyone seems to be cheering for Shana and the rest of Flame Hazes just because of who they are not because of what they’re doing. Which begs the question would you watch this if it was just Shana fighting with no plot whatsoever.

Anyways don't be mistaken I enjoyed the episode, and I'm looking forward to Yuji coming down and hopefully setting things right. That being said this may have already been brought up but if Shana and Yuji really had to fight who would you root for?

In all honesty I would root for Yuji one because I don't think he will ever kill Shana. (Shana seems more likely to do to that to him. It seems like she's almost reverting to her old self before she meet Yuji in which she was a violent killer who didn't care about anyone). And I honestly think that Yuji's fighting for something a little more than all of the other Flame Hazes. (Although Bal Masque is still questionable).

If you read all that congrats feel free to reply back if you have your own opinion.
Dec 9, 2011 11:12 PM

Sep 2011
I dunno, the whole thing still feels shady to me. I mean I know Yuji thinks he has everything under control, but prior to gaining all this power he was (and still seems to be) a pretty naive guy. I'm half waiting for him to be betrayed hardcore.
Dec 10, 2011 12:07 AM
Nov 2009
This is such garbage. Before Yuji left he told his stupid followers to defend his spooky castle. Then they launched this all out offensive against the Flame Hazes that didn't do anything and resulted in their spooky castle being pretty much undefended. Why did they do that? All of these plot developments are based upon something that's pretty much completely unexplained.

And these fights between these no name brand characters are just awful. Explosion girl vs. a lion. Shana vs. a camel. Goddamn. Just bring back the bad guys with actual personality already.
Dec 10, 2011 12:23 AM

Dec 2010
After seeing these past few episodes i wonder if its "wrong" to want the Denizens to win; because aside from Shana and some of the re occurring flame hazes i can't sympathize with them at all. Even though we haven't seen much of her the Flame Haze nun looking leader seems like a dull character who would never listen to reason; if i got my facts straight this "war" has been going on non stop for ever; Yuji just escalated it and I'm almost positive its because of Flame Hazes like her who don't seek change that preserve their crappy scenario while passing it off as ok. Well i look forward to Yuji coming back and seeing how he fares when he finds out his castle is gone and an army is at his broken door.
Dec 10, 2011 1:11 AM

May 2011
but if u think about it, i think were pass the good vs. bad relationship in a way
ya the presence is still there, but because of how yuji is. i guess u culd say, breaking the barrier to do what needs to be done, i think its easy to say that sides have nothing significant other than affiliation. what matters now is how yuji acts and how shana reacts to this action that holds any deep meaning now
Dec 10, 2011 1:17 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,seeing Shana fighting again is always nice and more on that dress,she also got a "buff" for the incoming battles that is always good.

Seeing Yuuji and the 3 generals fight the old Flame Hazes was nice i think that old flame hazes will be important later on.

The Lion battle with Rebecca was a shame it ended so lame.....but if they killed Fecor in lame way also its not a big surprise.

The flame haze army arrives next episode the battle vs the castle begins.

Now the discussion about Denizens vs Flame Hazes i read all of the post and i most say i agree with most of your points,not only the Denizens have more "Charisma" just with how badass Yuji is right now following withe the 3 generals,also i kinda don't disagree with their idea they just want there world and the Flame Hazes are just like machines that most kill Denizens for all eternity...but is just to early to really get a side lets see how things work from now on that the real War is about to begin.
Also i reallly really like Decarabia(eel) i dont know why but i like him.

Btw epic Shana is epic.
raxius1230Dec 10, 2011 3:07 AM
Dec 10, 2011 1:21 AM

Dec 2007
Naelok said:
This is such garbage. Before Yuji left he told his stupid followers to defend his spooky castle. Then they launched this all out offensive against the Flame Hazes that didn't do anything and resulted in their spooky castle being pretty much undefended. Why did they do that? All of these plot developments are based upon something that's pretty much completely unexplained.

And these fights between these no name brand characters are just awful. Explosion girl vs. a lion. Shana vs. a camel. Goddamn. Just bring back the bad guys with actual personality already.

Holy shit. Somebody else finally sees the shitty writing for what it is.
Dec 10, 2011 1:41 AM
Jun 2009
Meddigo said:
Naelok said:

ya all the bad guys look like it came out of a bad hentai video lmfao
they might as well introduce big tentacle monsters that tentacle rape
not to mention the Denziens did a horrendous job defending their castle when instructed to before yuji and the generals come back.................

great next episode is the retaliation of the big eel............... vs the army of flame hazes
Diazt3rDec 10, 2011 1:45 AM
Dec 10, 2011 2:02 AM

Mar 2011
Nice episode love the last 12 minutes of it
The war is finally here :)

and shana using her power is awesome as usual

Can;t wait to see "sleeping beauty"
and that eel :3

Dec 10, 2011 2:03 AM
Dec 2010
It's nice to see that Shana finally, after 1 entire season and 9 episodes of another, has achieved new abilities as a Flame Haze. What puzzles me though, is that how come she can evoke all that sonzai no chikara without Alastor. Does this mean Flame Hazes actually can work completely out of range of their Guze partners?

And kudos to red alert 2, how else would've Sophie thought of mass para-Flame-Hazer-troopers(without parachutes).
newnarDec 10, 2011 2:06 AM
Dec 10, 2011 2:58 AM
Jun 2011
Meddigo said:
Naelok said:

you know this bad guys they was fight until now are the weak right?the real battles against the strongs guze will start later but soon you will see a interesting battle and not boring one
Dec 10, 2011 6:11 AM

Aug 2007
A camel, a lion? See the similiarities? I still like the old guy the best. Liked him from the first season, still like him.

Also, FYES, instant castle creating.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 10, 2011 6:18 AM

Oct 2011
All I can say is, Shana's new power are pure epicness.
Lol, llama.
Dec 10, 2011 7:54 AM
Oct 2011
Meddigo said:
Naelok said:

When your base of operations has never been breached since its creation, yeah you'd leave it pretty much undefended. The all out assault was because the Denizens thought they could finally get an upperhand in the war by pressuring every single point of the Flame Haze's at once.
Dec 10, 2011 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
I have to agree that the way the lion guy lost was kind of dumb. But Shana raping that camel thing made up for it I guess lol.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 10, 2011 11:31 AM

Oct 2011
So the lion guy got smushed by Seirei-den? Why couldn't he just blow it up with his trumpet of doom?

Other than that, great episode. Nice to see Shana kick ass again. That camel guy looked like he was about piss himself.
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.
Dec 10, 2011 11:37 AM

Aug 2011
ClementIV said:
Why must we wait another week!!!!
Dec 10, 2011 3:37 PM

Aug 2010
Good episode. Shana kicked ass this episode.
Dec 10, 2011 8:04 PM

Nov 2008
Nice episode, and the flame haze's arrived. Can't wait for next one.
Dec 11, 2011 12:25 AM

Feb 2010
this episode justifies the 10 rating i've just given it. kudos JC Staff
Dec 11, 2011 1:17 AM

Jul 2011
Meddigo said:
Naelok said:

You know some says , "attack is the best form of defense" .
Too bad it's doesn't work just as planned .

yes the lion is so lame , but the camel's only purpose is just for shana to show off her new moves which is given.

hope the real wars begin next episode with strong tomogara
Dec 11, 2011 11:01 AM

Mar 2009
I wonder if they are trying to stretch out one story arc over all 24 episodes. Glad to see some action and for Shana to get back into the fight. But it just seemed to take too long for the story to reach this point.
Dec 11, 2011 11:57 AM

Dec 2009
So there are people who are actually enjoying this.. Mmm, and i was so excited waiting for this season, i'm so disappointed.
Dec 11, 2011 12:17 PM
Nov 2010
I enjoyed this episode quite a lot and, as for the nameless, insignificant characters, I believe their purpose it to be just that. Pointless characters whose purpose is to die, building up to the real fight between the real important characters.
Dec 11, 2011 1:05 PM
Dec 2007
This is getting more and more ridiculous and boring. It's almost as shitty as Bleach now...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

185 by k4rlo »»
May 17, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.