Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2011 5:55 PM
Nov 2011
I think is self explanatory, honestly i haven't play any game base on Anime excepted Blue Dragon..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2011 6:06 PM

Jul 2011
khaosz23 said:
I think is self explanatory, honestly i haven't play any game base on Anime excepted Blue Dragon..

Xenosaga is a good game with an anime, but it was developed in the opposite order. The anime was made after the game.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Dec 8, 2011 6:08 PM

Oct 2011
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Dec 8, 2011 6:09 PM

Mar 2011
S;G
Courtesy of Paul
Dec 9, 2011 12:37 PM
Nov 2011
Zoml3ie said:

where can i find it?
jrgcool35 said:
khaosz23 said:

Xenosaga is a good game with an anime, but it was developed in the opposite order. The anime was made after the game.

yeah my friend told me the same thing,... i think ill just play the game
Dec 9, 2011 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
The School days game is coming out in the U.S, or at least it has been announced. I'm pretty pumped for that!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 9, 2011 12:39 PM
Nov 2011
is that like a novel game?.>..
Dec 9, 2011 12:40 PM
Nov 2011
There is a game on Bible Black :)
Dec 9, 2011 1:50 PM
Apr 2011
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes maybe its for ps3 I guess

Dec 9, 2011 2:24 PM

Mar 2011
Dragonball Z?
Dec 9, 2011 2:37 PM

Oct 2011
The ones off the top off my head that I own;
(Some of them have sequels)

Berserk: Millennium Falcon
Bleach: Soul Resureccion
Digimon World
Dragonball
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkachi
Fate/unlimited Codes
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Girlfriend of Steel (Evangelion game)
Gungrave
Dynasty Warriors Gundam
Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Battle Orchestra
Sword of Berserk: Guts' Rage
Dec 9, 2011 2:47 PM

Nov 2008
Almost everything Gundam that was made after the SFC, I recommend Extreme VS, #1 arcade game in Japan, #2 selling game this month in Japan, it is so good it took a 1st party Nintendo game to beat it in sales and not by much.

Dec 9, 2011 4:17 PM

Jul 2011
khaosz23 said:
Zoml3ie said:

where can i find it?
jrgcool35 said:
khaosz23 said:

You should watch the anime too tbh, its really well done.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Dec 9, 2011 4:42 PM
Dec 2011
naruto game are bestest :D
Dec 9, 2011 5:13 PM

Oct 2011
narutofan69 said:

I must admit, I prefer the games to the actual series.
Dec 9, 2011 5:22 PM
Nov 2011
LLXIII said:
narutofan69 said:

I agree too the series just got whack
Dec 10, 2011 4:04 PM

Jun 2008
One Piece games
Dec 10, 2011 6:29 PM

Apr 2010
.hack games aren't too bad. The //G.U. games are at least worth a try.
Dec 10, 2011 6:51 PM

Dec 2010
Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch: Lost Colors.

Most people that play the game prefer Rai over Lelouch. For a valid reason. All the tragedy and sadness minus the offensive dickery of Lelouch.

"Hey, do you regret waking up in this time? Was the world kind to you?"
"The next time you awake, the world be kinder. Much kinder."

*cue the most fucking awesome remix of Mosaic kakera ever*
Dec 15, 2011 2:58 AM
Jun 2011
Sands of Destruction is another one. The anime is under world of destruction though.
Dec 15, 2011 3:06 AM

Jun 2009
.Hack G.U series
Dec 15, 2011 3:43 PM

Apr 2010
The two Naruto RPGs games on DS and Naruto ultimate ninja storm on consoles are good.
Dec 15, 2011 10:37 PM
Nov 2011
I play the two for the 360 and I though they were alright
Dec 15, 2011 11:30 PM

Nov 2010
Fate Extra
"Oh, you want some too?"
Dec 17, 2011 7:51 PM
Nov 2011
jrgcool35 said:
khaosz23 said:
Zoml3ie said:

where can i find it?
jrgcool35 said:
khaosz23 said:

You should watch the anime too tbh, its really well done.

Is it different than the game?
Dec 17, 2011 7:52 PM
Nov 2011
DeadlyTwinkle said:
khaosz23 said:
LLXIII said:
narutofan69 said:

I agree too the series just got whack

For realz.

They should just end it already
Dec 17, 2011 11:04 PM

Sep 2011
orphen scion of sorcery
Dec 20, 2011 4:52 AM
Nov 2011
I already gave up on the 360 so am only looking for games for the ps3 or pc....
Dec 21, 2011 2:58 PM

Dec 2011
Have you considered playing a visual novel?
I blog about eroge at:
Dec 22, 2011 8:40 AM

Jul 2007
khaosz23 said:
Zoml3ie said:

where can i find it?
jrgcool35 said:
khaosz23 said:

You won't regret it, Xenosaga has some of the most compelling characters, story ever created in a japanese role playing game. Some people are turned off by it by the sheer amount of FMVS's and huge plot focused game. But i digress you can't go wrong with that series, if you want something with beautifully directed plot, amazing cast of characters, awesome music, then yeah get xenosaga and play xenogears as well.

I am a long time xenofan, i've went through and pretty much diagnosed every morsel of information from that story and i have to say the anime does not live up to it. Its not entirely terrible, but the voice acting is so much better in the games for one. Also the fact that their are certain parts of the story that are not unraveled in the anime that are very necessary for the upcoming story threads in the later episodes of the saga.

Dec 22, 2011 8:45 AM

Sep 2011
link9us said:

You won't regret it, Xenosaga has some of the most compelling characters, story ever created in a japanese role playing game. Some people are turned off by it by the sheer amount of FMVS's and huge plot focused game. But i digress you can't go wrong with that series, if you want something with beautifully directed plot, amazing cast of characters, awesome music, then yeah get xenosaga and play xenogears as well.

The only thing I got sick of in Xenosaga were all the long as hell story cutscenes that I could go take a 30 minute crap and it still wouldn't be over when I got back. I do agree that it has a pretty good story and well worth checking out.
Dec 22, 2011 9:01 AM

Jul 2007
FujimoraPantsu said:
link9us said:

The only thing I got sick of in Xenosaga were all the long as hell story cutscenes that I could go take a 30 minute crap and it still wouldn't be over when I got back. I do agree that it has a pretty good story and well worth checking out.

yeah those are the complains from alot of people, its one of those game series, once your done, your done, the re playability isn't that high. But the story is so captivating, you some times find your self just downloading all the fmvs off of bluelaguna.net just to watch the story again in the near future cause it really really sticks to you and becomes a very memorable experience.

Dec 22, 2011 10:45 AM
Nov 2008
Now I know everyone on the board is going to raise (disagree) hell [eyebrow] at me for recommending Warriors Orochi under the guise of anime. Really, having played Dynasty Warriors 5 up to Warriors Orochi 2, I felt an anime sentiment emanating from the characters, each of which I cannot quite touch upon for nice clarity. However, considering Da Ji(my favorite character in the game, for your information~)'s model, pragmatic character, and her body language, easily I put forth the notion that this series of gaming is based on anime to some degree, by what ever premise supposed by the authors. Eh, give it a spin to show for yourself, there are other characters that come across as very anime-like additionally, all in conjunction with the setting of the scenery and storyline.

Indeed, I do not purport that the series are based on an actual anime, but rather the framing aspect, at which point this projection is visible. The uh, part of the game play you may dislike, is the hack and slash, which makes up the entirety of the game play, practically. The diversity to counter-balance this, which one will find in the game play experience, naturally, is the amount of battlefields, each requiring certain timing; where you are and what you do, counts for how the battle is won, or lost—it is far from bad, but one might say it stemming from sheer retentivity of repetitive actions. This draws back from the game's good hard-hitting potential, I acknowledge. Though, if you have matured taste in anime or manga, then it must be that you have an acquired niche for admiring the finer attributes that make up a game, and as that comes, the characters and setting all conclude satisfactory for your end desire(s) you seek.

Other than the above, play Visual Novels, and you will be full of joy.
Dec 22, 2011 4:40 PM
Nov 2011
aer0gam3r said:

Well I got fate state night but it seems more like a book than a game lol
Dec 22, 2011 4:53 PM
Nov 2011
link9us said:
khaosz23 said:
Zoml3ie said:

where can i find it?
jrgcool35 said:
khaosz23 said:

I am a long time xenofan, i've went through and pretty much diagnosed every morsel of information from that story and i have to say the anime does not live up to it. Its not entirely terrible, but the voice acting is so much better in the games for one. Also the fact that their are certain parts of the story that are not unraveled in the anime that are very necessary for the upcoming story threads in the later episodes of the saga.

yeah thats what my friend told me but than again i only got a ps3 and if am correct is only for the ps2 the only thing i could do is pray they release it for the ps3..
Dec 22, 2011 5:01 PM

Dec 2011
khaosz23 said:
aer0gam3r said:

Haha hence the term visual novel. Basically like reading a book, but with visuals and sound. Guess you can't really call it a game in some sense.

If you want more action a game like Utawarerumono, but like Fate/stay Night you should be warned that there is H content.
I blog about eroge at:
Dec 22, 2011 5:02 PM
Nov 2011
naeceal said:
Now I know everyone on the board is going to raise (disagree) hell [eyebrow] at me for recommending Warriors Orochi under the guise of anime. Really, having played Dynasty Warriors 5 up to Warriors Orochi 2, I felt an anime sentiment emanating from the characters, each of which I cannot quite touch upon for nice clarity. However, considering Da Ji(my favorite character in the game, for your information~)'s model, pragmatic character, and her body language, easily I put forth the notion that this series of gaming is based on anime to some degree, by what ever premise supposed by the authors. Eh, give it a spin to show for yourself, there are other characters that come across as very anime-like additionally, all in conjunction with the setting of the scenery and storyline.

Indeed, I do not purport that the series are based on an actual anime, but rather the framing aspect, at which point this projection is visible. The uh, part of the game play you may dislike, is the hack and slash, which makes up the entirety of the game play, practically. The diversity to counter-balance this, which one will find in the game play experience, naturally, is the amount of battlefields, each requiring certain timing; where you are and what you do, counts for how the battle is won, or lost—it is far from bad, but one might say it stemming from sheer retentivity of repetitive actions. This draws back from the game's good hard-hitting potential, I acknowledge. Though, if you have matured taste in anime or manga, then it must be that you have an acquired niche for admiring the finer attributes that make up a game, and as that comes, the characters and setting all conclude satisfactory for your end desire(s) you seek.

Other than the above, play Visual Novels, and you will be full of joy.

well i am a fun of Dynasty Warriors or was until 5. i like the games and i know the story is too repetitive but i dont mind that nether the gameplay. my two favor players are lubu and machao but every player has its own thing that i like story wise and play wise. also the story its good enough for me, enough to see most of the movies although i have to admit that i didnt know there was an anime..

being honest and not pick on games, i do have a specific type of game play but that wont stop me for giving a chance to others...
Dec 22, 2011 5:05 PM
Nov 2011
aer0gam3r said:
khaosz23 said:
aer0gam3r said:

Haha hence the term visual novel. Basically like reading a book, but with visuals and sound. Guess you can't really call it a game in some sense.

If you want more action a game like Utawarerumono, but like Fate/stay Night you should be warned that there is H content.

true that, true that,..lol ahahha well i like reading too and not just manga, is just that am not use to visual or sound in a book ..lol
Dec 22, 2011 5:18 PM

Dec 2011
khaosz23 said:
aer0gam3r said:
khaosz23 said:
aer0gam3r said:

true that, true that,..lol ahahha well i like reading too and not just manga, is just that am not use to visual or sound in a book ..lol

Its very addictive once you start playing. Started playing them about 2 years back, and been playing since. A great tool if you want to learn japanese ^^
I blog about eroge at:
Dec 22, 2011 5:51 PM
Nov 2011
aer0gam3r said:
khaosz23 said:
aer0gam3r said:
khaosz23 said:
aer0gam3r said:

well i am learning japanese and i think am doing good so far i think ...lol and well i got fate in English since i still dont get along with kanji.. lol

Its very addictive once you start playing. Started playing them about 2 years back, and been playing since. A great tool if you want to learn japanese ^^
Dec 22, 2011 5:57 PM

Oct 2011
Tales Of The Abyss has an anime based on the game. I haven't watched it yet as I'm playing the game right now but I've heard it's pretty good.
Dec 22, 2011 8:04 PM

Jun 2007
Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is one of very few 360 games I like. In fact, it's probably my favourite 360 game. When I played it I was a good few years past my Narutard days, but watching a perfect 3D adaptation when the anime adaptation is so terrible took me back to happier days.

The .hack//G.U. team + the .hack//G.U. composer + HD graphics =...

Made me wish I owned a PS3 for the prequel.
Dec 22, 2011 8:11 PM
Nov 2011
AironicallyHuman said:
Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is one of very few 360 games I like. In fact, it's probably my favourite 360 game. When I played it I was a good few years past my Narutard days, but watching a perfect 3D adaptation when the anime adaptation is so terrible took me back to happier days.

The .hack//G.U. team + the .hack//G.U. composer + HD graphics =...

Made me wish I owned a PS3 for the prequel.

NIce ill give it a try
Dec 24, 2011 5:31 AM

Mar 2008
Pokemon, of course. :p
+ Digimon World - definitely needs a lot more appreciation..

There's also a game of Monster Rancher, I still didn't try it out yet.. but I will :)
(I'm talking about the DS-version for them all.. except Pokemon, which was awesome since the very beginning..)
Dec 24, 2011 7:34 PM
Nov 2011
luia said:
Pokemon, of course. :p
+ Digimon World - definitely needs a lot more appreciation..

There's also a game of Monster Rancher, I still didn't try it out yet.. but I will :)
(I'm talking about the DS-version for them all.. except Pokemon, which was awesome since the very beginning..)

i know what you talking come on who hasnt stay up all night trying reach lv100 lol
Dec 24, 2011 11:29 PM

Jul 2007
Zoml3ie said:

let me guess japanese?

That is the problem with most damn anime games, 90% of them are ALL japanese there is hardly any that are released outside of the US which really sucks. I to am kind of interested in locating games based off of an anime series but aside from one piece, naruto, bleach, there just so hard to find.

I do have inuyasha for the ps1, but thats bout it. Now as far as anime themed, or anime styled games, i have a crap load of those, but there original games, not based off anything like harvest moon, mana khemai, ar tonlico, tales, etc.

Dec 25, 2011 7:37 AM

Aug 2011
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and the sequel The Broken Bond for the 360 are pretty damn sweet.
Dec 25, 2011 12:53 PM

Dec 2011
link9us said:
Zoml3ie said:

let me guess japanese?

That is the problem with most damn anime games, 90% of them are ALL japanese there is hardly any that are released outside of the US which really sucks. I to am kind of interested in locating games based off of an anime series but aside from one piece, naruto, bleach, there just so hard to find.

I do have inuyasha for the ps1, but thats bout it. Now as far as anime themed, or anime styled games, i have a crap load of those, but there original games, not based off anything like harvest moon, mana khemai, ar tonlico, tales, etc.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni was translated by mangagamer. You can find more info about it here.
I blog about eroge at:
Dec 25, 2011 11:50 PM

Jul 2007
aer0gam3r said:
link9us said:
Zoml3ie said:

let me guess japanese?

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni was translated by mangagamer. You can find more info about it here.

"Purchased"

Dec 26, 2011 9:58 AM

Feb 2010
Don't know if this qualifies but 'Gem Fighter' (korean) or Rumble Fighter (the translated american version) is pretty fun. Martial art type game, characters are chibi and many of the items are obvious anime references, but it doesn't really follow any plot of an anime.
That goes for another one of the same translated by the same company they came out with a Gundam one I believe, where you fight as a Gundam.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 7 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
7 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
9 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.