Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2011 8:42 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK so all through the episode I was constantly ruminating over Lancer....Lancer and Lancer. Oh dear is Lancer really like that. Oh dear. Now I know about the whole NTR stuff. Though far from any hentai type stuff. Phew, I would not want any of that in this show nor ecchi for that matter.

On that note excellent episode. T_T tears of manhood for its amazing emotional scenes. More later.

PS: Thanks belatkuro for making me ready for this. At least this time it worked wonders more so than before. ROFL!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 26, 2011 8:59 AM

Apr 2008
I actually felt bad for Kayneth when his wife told him that could no longer use magic, but did his wife really need to break his finger ala Rorschach from Watchmen in order to prove a point? On the other hand, it was great to see Waver and Rider finally get in on the action. I was afraid they were going to end up being some dynamic comic relief duo. It would have been a shame, really, because Rider is so bad-ass.
Nov 26, 2011 9:05 AM
Jun 2009
Poor Lancer T..T

Gráinne

Sola pissed me so much

Nov 26, 2011 9:08 AM

Oct 2010
To much Lancer this episode for me.
I felt the pain from breaking that finger myself...
Waver actually did something usefull for once.
Not a bad episode in all.

And next week Rin appears =O

Nov 26, 2011 9:12 AM

Jan 2009
Lucena said:
I actually felt bad for Kayneth when his wife told him that could no longer use magic, but did his wife really need to break his finger ala Rorschach from Watchmen in order to prove a point? On the other hand, it was great to see Waver and Rider finally get in on the action. I was afraid they were going to end up being some dynamic comic relief duo. It would have been a shame, really, because Rider is so bad-ass.

Nope it's not so much to prove her point but rather her trying to wrestle the command seals forcefully from kayneth. U shld notice that sola is alr under the curse of Lancer's love spot which will explain her actions. Rider will definitely get more badass scenes, we haven't seen enough of that chariot action yet

When Saber was Shiro's servant, she'll nvr let any servant near Shiro. But when under Kiritsugu.. ah the irony.

Nearly forgot abt Fate/zero today no thanks to skyrim. And when I saw waver lighting up the area I immediately thought "hey magelight!"

Aug 2011
Sola being owned by Lancer three time in a row was hilarious, i do feel sorry for kayneth too. I didn't expect such a thing in this war, feel sorry for such person. Kayneth now is good as dead, and the despair in his eyes while Sola tries to take the command seals from him was really sad.

Oct 2010
Lucena said:
On the other hand, it was great to see Waver and Rider finally get in on the action. I was afraid they were going to end up being some dynamic comic relief duo. It would have been a shame, really, because Rider is so bad-ass.
There is no way Rider would miss on the juicy action knowing who he is. He does have a certain level of respect for Waver but in no way he is going to sit still. Rider essentially will seek out battles like on the bridge and either join it or wait for the next opponent.

Essentially I think of Alexander more of honour on his persona than anything else unlike Assassin who is dirty in its combat. Of course that is all IMO.

Nov 26, 2011 9:17 AM

Jan 2010
Lancer has a really has a great story and how his past ties into the present is incredibly well done. I really hope they do a good job tying the rest of it up when they adapt the 3rd novel since it is quite a mess filled with drama and heartbreak.

Being Irish is suffering.
Ok™
Nov 26, 2011 9:33 AM

Oct 2010
Lancer past is cruel.
To bad that he suffered that much.
Any one have any idea about the next episode ?
Nov 26, 2011 9:36 AM

Jun 2009
Oh Diarmuid and your manly swag and loyalty.

Too bad bitches and whores just can't leave him which is always the reason of his demise.
Nov 26, 2011 9:43 AM

Jun 2011
Holy... I didn't expect Sola would be so batshit insane for becoming Lancer's master.
Oh, nice to see more Rider. I do hope him and Waver get to kick Caster's butt, but first I think they'll face Assassin.
Nov 26, 2011 9:48 AM

Dec 2010
McRib said:
Being Irish is suffering.

Correction. Being Lancer is suffering.

halberdiers said:

And when I saw waver lighting up the area I immediately thought "hey magelight!"

Hahahaha! I thought the same thing.

-Quasar said:
Oh Diarmuid and your manly swag and loyalty.

Wouldn't have him any other way. Especially when he can pull off lines like "You all but naked before my spear".
Nov 26, 2011 10:12 AM
Aug 2010
•Intro was sad ;_; poor Lancer
•That Sola was pretty weird there o_o

•I wonder why Kiritsugu wasn't tell Saber when did he go ._.
•I like also part when Rider and Waver appear ^^
•More Assasins appeared o_o

Looking for next episode !
•Rin Tohsaka,Kariya will appear. YEAH!
Nov 26, 2011 10:39 AM

Nov 2007
It was a very good episode and more reasons to like Lancer. A true knight who forgot his responsibility as a knight when he lived. Ironically, he is about to meet the same fate. Just because alongside taking the command seals from Kayneth, Sola apparently has a crush on him.

Alexander and Waver moments were impressive and for the first time, it didn't feel like a joke which had been a let down for their other interactions prior to this episode.

Rin <3 and Kariya will appear in next episode. Cannot wait to see her adventure!

Wrong translation when Alexander was saying we killed two, and two left. When it should have been, two got killed, yet we have two left or something along those lines, since he didn't kill more than 1 himself as they showed only three assassins to appear there.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 26, 2011 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
lol at how awesome Rider is. him and that kid he has for a Master make such a likable pair. it's gonna be sad to watch how they go.

Nov 26, 2011 10:47 AM

Sep 2008
Rider was pretty awesome, you know, with his pants and all.
I need a Sola x Lancer Doujin now too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2011 11:00 AM

Jun 2008
Fate's Plot hates Lancers

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 26, 2011 11:06 AM

Oct 2010
I don't know if anyone noticed it but there was a brief flash of Waver's face in the following,

now that kind of face of Waver! DO WANT! He looks so bad ass! He made me think of this bad ass from El Hazard, an oldie anime.

Nov 26, 2011 11:22 AM

Apr 2007
Lancer is annoying. Sola also turned out to be quite the bitch, but she's still so beautiful. And then there's poor Kayneth. Damn, that whole group is just depressing to watch.
Nov 26, 2011 11:23 AM

May 2011
Actually I cried. Lancer... So many death flags... LANCER... )":

And poor Kayneth.
Poor Waver.

Oh God, this episode... )':
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Nov 26, 2011 11:37 AM

Apr 2011
Poor Kayneth, got a broken finger.Wait I never liked him so mwahahahahaha!
Rider and Waver finally get some action.
Nov 26, 2011 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
I honestly don't mind all the focus being on lancer, just more information on each character. I think he might be the first one out of the war though.

and will they really be able to wrap things up in a mere 4 episodes? Because there's only 13 episodes right?
Nov 26, 2011 12:01 PM

Jun 2011
sankar said:
Lancer past is cruel.
To bad that he suffered that much.
Any one have any idea about the next episode ?

Nov 26, 2011 12:03 PM

Jun 2011
DramaKiDD said:
I honestly don't mind all the focus being on lancer, just more information on each character. I think he might be the first one out of the war though.

and will they really be able to wrap things up in a mere 4 episodes? Because there's only 13 episodes right?

It is said that the first part ends at kings' feast...the killing spree is left till next April.
Nov 26, 2011 12:10 PM
Nov 2011
Wow. When I was reading the novel I pictured the scene and lighting perfectly. Perhaps I rewatched 4,5,7,8 too many times.
Nov 26, 2011 12:12 PM
Sep 2011
I was surprised to see Sola going that far to puchase the command seals. I guess that's what love does to you. In any case this won't end well.

I feel for Waver, it must have been a very unpleasant sight. It's good to see Rider showing some respect for his master for once when Waver found out Caster's hideout.
Nov 26, 2011 12:12 PM

Feb 2011
I was expecting a lot more of the chariot action tbh...but this episode was good nonetheless.
Nov 26, 2011 12:13 PM

Aug 2008
Gosh, Lancers have the worst luck in the Fate series, don't they? Lancers always end up being the tragic hero or something, lol. I don't feel bad for Kayneth at all; I felt he deserved all that suffering. Lancer is a true knight (although a bit foolish) for swearing his oath to only one master.

More Rider! It's been a while since I've seen him. I loved how brave and manly he was in this episode. Take that, Caster!

Next episode features Rin! Yay!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 26, 2011 12:18 PM

Mar 2010
A random gif I found that does the best job of describing this episode :)

Nov 26, 2011 12:26 PM

Aug 2011
Rider is hands down the best servant here. It's great how he is so chill all the time, even when he's fighting. I know from FSN he won't make it to final two, but I'm still hoping for final three.

I want to see more Kariya and berserker. I really started liking Kariya in the first few episodes, but I hear things go less than favorably for him.

Also, Sola reminds me of Mitsuru from Persona 3. Just cut Mitsuru's hair and they're practically twins.
Nov 26, 2011 12:42 PM

Oct 2009
2thuriel said:
DramaKiDD said:

It is said that the first part ends at kings' feast...the killing spree is left till next April.

They've been going through around 50 pages of the novel per episode, there are only 50 pages left of Volume 2 which includes the Feast of Kings.

With the title of the next episode being Rin's adventure it's possible they'll stretch these 50 pages over two episodes, but even then there are still 2 episodes left (according to MAL, though Anime Calendar suggests that the first half is 12 episodes, not 13).

If it is 13 episodes then there's no way it'll end up finishing with Volume 2 and the Feast of Kings, that'd mean they covered 200 pages in 4 episodes, and then slowed down to 50 pages in 4 episodes.

Nov 26, 2011 1:18 PM
Nov 2010
That Sola is annoying, I feel kinda bad for Kayneth and Lancer...
Waver and Rider in action felt great, they're really awesome...
Nov 26, 2011 1:24 PM

Aug 2011
damn, the beginning part with lancer was upsetting, and sola is a total BITCH for doing this, even though i dislike Kayneth, i hate her even more!!!
kaimax said:

You got that right... :/

The part with rider was epic, even though i think they've censored something graphic with a "stained shoe" which could've made the scene way more dramatic.
Anyways, another assassin died!! XD
And can't wait to see rider in full action!! >_<
Nov 26, 2011 1:34 PM

Sep 2007
Looks like Sola is finally showing her true colors as some manipulative wench. And I shall be expecting some Rin next episode.
Nov 26, 2011 1:54 PM
Aug 2010
What really sucks is that after 4 more episodes, we have to wait until April to see the rest.

Second best show of the year.
Nov 26, 2011 2:02 PM

Sep 2010
kamina99 said:
damn, the beginning part with lancer was upsetting, and sola is a total BITCH for doing this, even though i dislike Kayneth, i hate her even more!!!
kaimax said:

You got that right... :/

FSN Lancer and Zero Lancer situation was inverted, still so bad.

Cú Chulainn was summoned by a hottie who was smitten with him and her own wish was to re-write his legend so his life wouldn't be a tragedy. Not only she's a skilled fighter, but thanks to her legendary bloodline, she owns and is able to use a Noble Phantasm.

Like he hit the Master Jackpot: beautiful, badass Irishwoman who's in love with him and wishes for his happiness.

(Too bad Bazett was too gullible to trust you know who as friend and got her command seals stolen shortly after- Luck E no doubt).

Diarmuid was looking forward serving this dude, and became the target of the infatuation of a woman who stole (er "borrowed") the command seals of his rightful master.

Being Lancer is suffering :(
ThessNov 26, 2011 2:08 PM
Nov 26, 2011 2:10 PM

Sep 2011
I don't get at all why people seem to like this show that much. I only watch it because of the animation quality an Kaikura Yuki's music. Other than that, I think it's the most overrated series I've ever came across.
Nov 26, 2011 2:56 PM

Oct 2010
Sury said:
I don't get at all why people seem to like this show that much. I only watch it because of the animation quality an Kaikura Yuki's music. Other than that, I think it's the most overrated series I've ever came across.
Not really when you see lots of animes you begin to grasp that notions of a studio far different from the mainstream doing this anime and particularly like you mention the music is what melds the scenes nicely. Unlike some other animes this all can be properly put together to create an enjoyment on par with many other amazing animes. IN terms of 2011/2012 this will definitely win an award.

Nov 26, 2011 2:56 PM

Oct 2011
Sury said:

We like this show because it has an intriguing story, excellent execution, interesting characters and brilliantly done animation and OST. Most of the people watching this show are also fans of previous Type-Moon works such as Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, and the Kara no Kyoukai series.

I realize that this show isn't to everyone's taste, but I don't see how this show is the most overrated show ever or even this season.

Yumekichi11 said:
Not really when you see lots of animes you begin to grasp that notions of a studio far different from the mainstream doing this anime and particularly like you mention the music is what melds the scenes nicely. Unlike some other animes this all can be properly put together to create an enjoyment on par with many other amazing animes. IN terms of 2011/2012 this will definitely win an award.

^This too (beat me by 25 seconds ^.^")
lolzteezNov 26, 2011 2:59 PM
Nov 26, 2011 3:13 PM

Feb 2010
Sury said:

What Yumekichi and lolzteez said.

I could think of more shows that are more overrated (to me) than Fate/Zero. But I'm not going to get into too much detail about that since I don't want to start any unnecessary conflict or war about which show is overrated or not here. And I'm sick of using the word overrated too.

Anyways, as lolzteez just mentioned earlier, it's understandable that not everyone is going to love the anime. However, if you're going to say that Fate/Zero is the most overrated series you've come across, you could at least elaborate more why you think so. Or at least explain what you don't like about Fate/Zero. Instead of just simply saying Fate/Zero is overrated and leave it at that because that could potentially tick off some people (the ones that really enjoyed it) who might be a little offended by what you said.

~Off to working on my final projects. Probably leave this discussion alone to give myself less distractions~
Nov 26, 2011 3:16 PM

Jan 2009
LaLaLaidarR said:

Also, Sola reminds me of Mitsuru from Persona 3. Just cut Mitsuru's hair and they're practically twins.

So true.

Felt like a nice build up episode. Lancer is cool and all but he doesn't act like he's aware of his love spot. Not saying saying that Sola have the coolest personality out there, but you can't blame her for wanting to be with Lancer and not marry malfoy. Lancer's "I recognize that look and I'm fully aware that you love me cause you are a woman and you looked on my face, I still want you to swear stuff that you don't mean." threw me off a bit. Still like him as a knight, just think he should have his love face in mind when making decisions. Looking forward to next week's episode.
Nov 26, 2011 3:22 PM

Oct 2011
Kay just saw this episode and was so pumped when they showed us
Nov 26, 2011 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
So Sola just wants Lancer's dick? Man, and i expected something more from her, too bad.
I really like Rider and Waver interactions, they're really funny and enjoyable to watch.
Also some Rin and Ryuunosuke next episode, do want.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 26, 2011 3:53 PM

Nov 2007
OrochiPL said:
So Sola just wants Lancer's dick? Man, and i expected something more from her, too bad.

It's Lancer's charm magic. Women can't resist that, save for Saber who has high Magic Resistance.

Nov 26, 2011 3:58 PM

Oct 2009
Actually, since Sola is from a powerful Magus family she has the magical resistance necessary to resist Lancer's Mystic face, but chooses not to do so.
Nov 26, 2011 4:02 PM

Jun 2008
I think I will never like Waver's voice.

Girls fall for the mole and Rider is badass, nothing really new here.
Nov 26, 2011 4:07 PM

Nov 2011
If Episode 13 is Kings Feast, that is fitting because it will be aired Dec 24, Christmas Eve.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Nov 26, 2011 4:10 PM

Aug 2009
shanimebib said:
Wrong translation when Alexander was saying we killed two, and two left. When it should have been, two got killed, yet we have two left or something along those lines, since he didn't kill more than 1 himself as they showed only three assassins to appear there.

It was you (kisama!) who wrote that comment over the NicoNico video? If that's the case, thank you! Else, I feel lucky for not disabling comments this time.
Nov 26, 2011 4:36 PM

Jan 2008
Good ep, but a bit too much talk, more action (especially Rider) would do no harm this time. Though (as usually) this ep felt like 5 minutes... I still don't like Kayneth too much, but the truth is he was very unlucky to get Kiritsugu as the first opponent... Too bad for him. Sola is a bitch for sure and this time I felt a bit sympathy for Kayneth because of her. Only a bit. Lancer got my sympathy for showing loyalty to Kayneth, it just highlighted that for Lancer other thing than War really matter. I like this kind of attitude and personally I think such characters are just more "human" and complex. Of course, some characters still have very noble reason to get the Grail (like Kariya) and it makes them interesting too.

Can't wait for next ep, hopefully we get Rin, Kariya and some awesome action!
Nov 26, 2011 4:45 PM

Aug 2007
Damn - I really would love to see OVAs dedicated to everyone of the servants now. They wouldn't be heroic spritis to begin with if they hadn't great backstories and the settings (where they lived etc) are very interesting (there aren't really anime about celtic or sumerian people or something like that)...

5/5 imo a very good episode. This series needed some more episodes that don't focus only on the war but more on the characters participating.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - 9 hours ago

6 by Akuya »»
6 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.