Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 23, 2011 6:45 PM

Oct 2010
I wasn't expecting ukitake to be the apparent culprit there~ Interesting twist~ I wonder what'll happen next~

And for the SS side, i guess i see why it's like that. Since he's human and all, he probably doesn't know how to "control" His powers and supress it like a proper shinigami. So it suppresses it. If they didn't supress it, they'd have a situation like aizen, where if anyone approached them they would die from the seer amount of power he has.

And they need to keep track of him cause well, they need to make sure nothing's happening in the human world that they should investigate?

I dunno, it's been a real long time since i read this manga~ ^^;;

Nov 23, 2011 8:57 PM

Feb 2010
Monad said:
icegenie said:
DarthObsidian said:
I don't really get why this is supposed to be a such a big revelation or why it would make the Soul Society look like the bad guys.

The badge suppressing Ichigo's power makes perfect sense, seeing as how captains and liutenants have their powers suppressed by like 80% when they come to earth, so it's reasonable to do the same to Ichigo. And it's reasonable to want to keep track substitutes since they're not officially part of the Gotei 13, so it makes sense to keep an eye on them in case they get into trouble or become threats. I really hope there's more to this "revelation".

Another person who assumed that this is the 'big revelation' when not confirmed by Kubo or any other Bleach sources. Then they go 'what?! This is it?!' , get disappointed. And then takes it out on Kubo. Typical..

Kubo is the one who drew Ukitake in the shadows and all those surprised faces like the sky fell on their heads despite hearing stupid trivial things that shouldn't bother them at all.
It is Kubo that is bullshiting us. Trying to built suspense out of nothing and probably even more ridiculous take it back by having Ichigo saying shit like "I don't care" in the next chapter.
If you don't care then what where all those "Oh! my fucking God!!!" faces and words about who he should be fighting? Oh! yeah they where just Kubo trolling us. And if it's not a troll and that little thing is really so shocking to him then is just stupid plot.
So ether we have a stupid story with a character going crazy over something it shouldn't bother him much or we have a troll mangaka that likes to create false suspense and bullshit simply so he can have some pretentious dialogs and supposed cliffhangers.

If you even READ my original comment on this chapter.

icegenie said:
1. who said this was the 'big revelation'? Definitely not Kubo. Please do not assume things by yourselves and then get disappointed by the lack of expectations and then blame someone else.

2. The badge is not a fucking GPS for god's sake. There is a difference between a monitoring device and a GPS. Go google it for yourselves.

3. Again, alll the hate based on ONE chapter. Werent you taught not to jump into conclusions when you were young?

We as audience see a clearer picture than the characters in the story. We have the luxury to flip back past chapters and look at everyone's perspective. So please think before saying things like 'why is everyone looking so shocked when everything is so obvious?!?' Ishida doesn't know much about ukitake. Nor is he making things too complicated. These are questions that most readers will ask. And this means that the answers to these questions will be provided later. Ichigo din think much about the badge either. He doesn't think too much of his role as a substitute Shinigami. All he wants to do is to protect his friends and family.

Plus him being 'surprised' doesn't mean that he doubts his friends. He is most probably 'surprised' because he would never think that he would hear such words (regarding his friends) being uttered.

____

Also, as I mentioned earlier, Ichigo hates it when people badmouth about his friends. Probably the sole reason that caused him to go into rage mode. I wouldn't believe that he let what Ginjo say get in his head because he knows that there are things that he doesn't want to tell even the people he trust and of cos the same people will have things that they feel is better not to tell him (yet). Rmb the conversations Ichigo and Rukia had before fighting Fisher, and also Ichigo and his dad while fighting Aizen...

This is only 1 chapter. It is not the 'big revelation' that Kubo promised. Nor is it an overeaction on the Ichigo's and Ishida's part. It is just the start/unveiling of a whole new part of the big picture. If you understand this then you'll realize that your raving was uncalled for.
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Nov 23, 2011 8:59 PM

Feb 2010
Fai said:
- Ukitake having sokyoku-destroying seals from unknown noble family - aka something Captains WOULD NOT have.
- Ukitake recognizing Ichigo's reiatsu.(byakyuya also did and now seems to hold Ichigo in quite high regard, but Ukitake handed Ichigo the badge after that)
- his dialogue with Aizen when Aizen was leaving.
- Kaien's utter reluctance and rejection of ukitake's offer to be his VC.
- Kaien's convenient death and Shiba clan's supposed possible connection to Kurosaki family.
- Ukitake handling Ichigo a badge saying some bullshit and NO ONE else recognising it.
- Ishida getting a VERY bad vibe about the badge.
- Chad noting that badge looks "ominous".
- His anouncement that he will be taking Captain-Commander's place for now(during arrancar arc) and his "death glare" when hitsugaya asks why him.
- His seeming disappointment that Captain Commander won't leave his position (and his two subordinates even noticed that).
- Rukia's first mission to real world, memories of which, SOMEHOW GOT ERASED FROM HER HEAD.
- His dialogue with shunsui during the top espada fight in fake karakura town.
- name of his sword,Sōgyo no Kotowari , bassically meaning, truth of pisces, aka twin/dual fishes.
- Wonderweiss. Is said to be attracted to pure things and despise the "unclean things". What he did the moment he got to the scene? Skewered Ukitake.

Wow, Fai. You really know your Bleach well.
Nov 24, 2011 3:13 AM
Oct 2010
wanna see ichigo go vigilante!!! go to the dark side!!! be overlord! supreme ruler or watevr!!!
Nov 24, 2011 3:20 AM
Jun 2008
Monad said:
icegenie said:
DarthObsidian said:
I don't really get why this is supposed to be a such a big revelation or why it would make the Soul Society look like the bad guys.

The badge suppressing Ichigo's power makes perfect sense, seeing as how captains and liutenants have their powers suppressed by like 80% when they come to earth, so it's reasonable to do the same to Ichigo. And it's reasonable to want to keep track substitutes since they're not officially part of the Gotei 13, so it makes sense to keep an eye on them in case they get into trouble or become threats. I really hope there's more to this "revelation".

Another person who assumed that this is the 'big revelation' when not confirmed by Kubo or any other Bleach sources. Then they go 'what?! This is it?!' , get disappointed. And then takes it out on Kubo. Typical..

Kubo is the one who drew Ukitake in the shadows and all those surprised faces like the sky fell on their heads despite hearing stupid trivial things that shouldn't bother them at all.
It is Kubo that is bullshiting us. Trying to built suspense out of nothing and probably even more ridiculous take it back by having Ichigo saying shit like "I don't care" in the next chapter.
If you don't care then what where all those "Oh! my fucking God!!!" faces and words about who he should be fighting? Oh! yeah they where just Kubo trolling us. And if it's not a troll and that little thing is really so shocking to him then is just stupid plot.
So ether we have a stupid story with a character going crazy over something it shouldn't bother him much or we have a troll mangaka that likes to create false suspense and bullshit simply so he can have some pretentious dialogs and supposed cliffhangers.

Uhm why are you criticising Kubo so badly... You are really not making any sense. I have to agree that the espada's were a big letdown for me, and the power ups of Aizen and Ichigo were pretty rediculous. But the story elements that are now being used are interesting again.

You can choose not to like the story, which is okay.... But to hate on the way Kubo writes his story and saying all kinds of b*llsh*t is just unneccesary.

JUST DONT READ HIS STORIES IF YOU DONT LIKE IT!! It's as simple as that.

For me I clearly missed out on stuff because I did not read the manga until the war. The Ukitaki hints that were layed down were not so apparent in the anime. Or does anybody have some screenshots like the screenshots of the manga posted here, but then animewise? Which show the same hints?
Nov 24, 2011 4:13 AM

Jul 2009
People generally don't like to be treated like puppets, but if Ichigo actually believes it is another thing.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Nov 24, 2011 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
reaght said:

Uhm why are you criticising Kubo so badly... You are really not making any sense. I have to agree that the espada's were a big letdown for me, and the power ups of Aizen and Ichigo were pretty rediculous. But the story elements that are now being used are interesting again.

You can choose not to like the story, which is okay.... But to hate on the way Kubo writes his story and saying all kinds of b*llsh*t is just unneccesary.

For me I clearly missed out on stuff because I did not read the manga until the war. The Ukitaki hints that were layed down were not so apparent in the anime. Or does anybody have some screenshots like the screenshots of the manga posted here, but then animewise? Which show the same hints?

Thank you for joining our side.

Hmmm.. as for the hints. I believe the ones with Kaien were animated although I cant pinpoint excatly when. So were the ones with Aizen.. They were before Aizen left SS. Im not so sure about the scene with Hitsugaya though. If it was in the anime, it would have been a short scene which would have easily slip my mind.. =X
Nov 24, 2011 8:23 AM

Jun 2008
Shyster said:
Wait is Ukitake even doing anything evil?

No, the guy did nothing wrong really, just a lot of bullshiting from Kubo and Fai's crazy scenarios.

P.S = Fai you are full of it. Both the pics from the manga you posted have nothing with your comments about them. Ukitake has no death glare there and the one with Aizen has no foreshadowing of the thing you say ether. It's a pretty straightforward dialog. Ukitake simply comments that Aizen felt from grace in his quest for new highs of power. Nothing strange about it. You just took ordinary pages and made theories around them. If you are so desperate to make Kubo's stories seem more deep and complex from what they are then give him a call, maybe he needs a storyteller seeing as he ain't doing very good by himself.
MonadNov 24, 2011 8:32 AM
Nov 24, 2011 9:28 AM

May 2009
icegenie said:
1. who said this was the 'big revelation'? Definitely not Kubo. Please do not assume things by yourselves and then get disappointed by the lack of expectations and then blame someone else.

2. The badge is not a fucking GPS for god's sake. There is a difference between a monitoring device and a GPS. Go google it for yourselves.

3. Again, alll the hate based on ONE chapter. Werent you taught not to jump into conclusions when you were young?

1. Kubo did this chapter. Kubo planned this whole plot. Kubo disappointed all of us due to this shitty weak reveal that doesn't change anything in the big picture. We only judge what it's presented in front of us.

2. It's a GPS. The only difference is that it uses reiatsu instead of radio waves. It's only used to register Ichigo's power level and his position, so stop overreacting. SS isn't the Big Brother and the badge isn't a camera.

3. Don't patronize us. And I decide whether a single chapter is good or not, regardless of what will happen in the future.

icegenie said:
We as audience see a clearer picture than the characters in the story. We have the luxury to flip back past chapters and look at everyone's perspective. So please think before saying things like 'why is everyone looking so shocked when everything is so obvious?!?

Oh yes, guide us Bleach Fanboys, O Superior Beings Of Greater Intellect! Enlighten us with your Perfect Knowledge of everything there is, and guide us to the Civilized and Superior State Of Mind that everyone should have!

Well, we decide by ourselves if something is good or bad. And we'll do it by ourselves. With our own mind. That's shocking, isn't? That we can think without anyone else deciding for us?

icegenie said:
This is only 1 chapter. It is not the 'big revelation' that Kubo promised. Nor is it an overeaction on the Ichigo's and Ishida's part. It is just the start/unveiling of a whole new part of the big picture. If you understand this then you'll realize that your raving was uncalled for.

Why are you so sure about that?! Do you have a time machine? Did you see into the future this big revelation that explains the whole picture?

No, because you can't. You don't know anything about how this plot will turn out and you have no good reason to claim that this is only the small part of a big reveal. You're just inventing your own unfounded theories and pretending they're facts, like every single Bleach fanboy does in every MAL forum thread.

reaght said:

No.

I don't have to obey to your suggestion, I have the right decide what to do with my spare time. And that includes reading this stupid manga, mocking it, analizing its flaws, criticizing it on the web, responding to the counterarguments of the fanboys, downloading it and sending a tweet on Kubo's twitter page where I'll complain about the development this manga has taken.

In short, I do it because I can, and you don't have any good reason to stop me.

And why are you lot insisting so much on this point? Is it because we are telling the truth, that Kubo is a worthless writer, and you're too sheltered to accept the fact that sometimes he makes mistakes?
Arashi89Nov 24, 2011 9:41 AM
Nov 24, 2011 10:35 AM

Feb 2010
Arashi89 said:
blah blah

1. Yes, Kubo drew the chapter. But did he say ANYWHERE that this was The Big Revelation? No one. Whoever that is disappointed and raving are the ones who think "this is it". That includes you and all the other haters. If bringing the 'weak' character Ukitake into the plot doesnt change the big picture then I dont know what does. Maybe if Ichigo was actually a SS experiment huh?

Arashi89 said:
SS isn't the Big Brother

2. So SS isnt monitoring Ichigo's reiatsu and controlling it, then who is? And FYI, GPS doesnt measure ANYTHING. It TRACKS.

3. The point is jumping into conclusions. You did not deny that. Good for you.

Arashi89 said:
blah blah

No relation whatsoever to my point. "We as audience see a clearer picture than the characters in the story. We have the luxury to flip back past chapters and look at everyone's perspective." And FYI again, I am not a 'boy'.

Arashi89 said:
Why are you so sure about that?! Do you have a time machine? Did you see into the future this big revelation that explains the whole picture?

Same question. Who said this is The Big Revelation?

Next point.
"It is just the start/unveiling of a whole new part of the big picture."
More will be explained in the following chapters. Duh. Back to point 1. If bringing the 'weak' character Ukitake into the plot doesnt change the big picture then I dont know what does.

Arashi89 said:
In short, I do it because I can, and you don't have any good reason to stop me.

And why are you lot insisting so much on this point? Is it because we are telling the truth, that Kubo is a worthless writer, and you're too sheltered to accept the fact that sometimes he makes mistakes?

Same for us. We can say whatever we want. And you can say whatever you want. You can TROLL for as long as you like because you KNOW you are trolling. i.e. You KNOW that you are just making a fool out of yourselves. (go ahead, I know you will deny it.) Of cos, Im not like reaght. Please go ahead and read Bleach for all you want and hate it for all you want as everytime Bleach is read, its popularity goes higher. Thank you very much.

Again, not fan'boy'.

Lastly, obviously you do not know much about Kubo. It's okay that you come here and start raving how bad was the chapter and how much Bleach sucks. It just shows how ignorant you are about what you're reading. You can not like what we are predicting. Sure, everyone has different opinions about how the story will turn out. Go ahead and disagree. @ Monad But saying that we are overthinking the plot shows big ignorance. Why? Simply because we know that Kubo is a poet, i.e. he loves to make things deep and complicated. We know that he loves to tease his readers by putting in cliffhangers here and there. Plus, we also know that he does think on the spot for some plots. 'Mistakes' ? what 'mistakes' ? If you are talking about loopholes, it's just silly to discuss this because the story is not over. But I know you love to jump into conclusions. Thats fine I guess. You can be a better writer than 'worthless' Kubo and your manga will sell more than 72 million in Japan and be one of top in U.S. too. Good for you.

Oh, feel free to deny alllll my points. It's okay. I know you will be in denial.

P.S. @Monad Fai is giving suggestions on what hints have been given on Ukitake's involvment in the main plot. Because he seldom appears, his scenes are mostly brushed aside and forgotten. He is doing a favour to those who want to know more about Ukitake. He might be correct, but he might be wrong. At least he is doing us a favour and showing us where Ukitake appeared. Whether we want to believe Ukitake is evil or not depends on us. And also, a good writer will not suddenly drop a spotlight on a 'weak' character without giving any hints. That then is what I call a lousy writer who has no planning and no more inspiration.
icegenieNov 24, 2011 10:43 AM
Nov 24, 2011 1:58 PM

Jul 2008
Monad said:
Shyster said:

No, the guy did nothing wrong really, just a lot of bullshiting from Kubo and Fai's crazy scenarios.

P.S = Fai you are full of it. Both the pics from the manga you posted have nothing with your comments about them. Ukitake has no death glare there and the one with Aizen has no foreshadowing of the thing you say ether. It's a pretty straightforward dialog. Ukitake simply comments that Aizen felt from grace in his quest for new highs of power. Nothing strange about it. You just took ordinary pages and made theories around them. If you are so desperate to make Kubo's stories seem more deep and complex from what they are then give him a call, maybe he needs a storyteller seeing as he ain't doing very good by himself.

I also think that some of Fai's point are wrong but you can't just brush every point he made aside on the basis that some of them were wrong.

Particuliary these:

- Kaien's convenient death and Shiba clan's supposed possible connection to Kurosaki family.
- Rukia's first mission to real world, memories of which, SOMEHOW GOT ERASED FROM HER HEAD.
- Wonderweiss. Is said to be attracted to pure things and despise the "unclean things". What he did the moment he got to the scene? Skewered Ukitake.

+ the fact that Ukitake did lied to Ichigo.

We aren't saying that Ukitake is the mother of evil and a big asshole. We are not saying that he'll pull a big keikaku doori and reveal himself as a vilain. We are just saying that there's some shady business surrounding him since the start of the manga.
It isn't a black and white situation and with the system SS is based from something a human that live in the real world would consider evil could but justice in SS, moral and rules changes depending on the society.
Nov 24, 2011 2:05 PM

Oct 2007
lancier57 said:
wanna see ichigo go vigilante!!! go to the dark side!!! be overlord! supreme ruler or watevr!!!

Ichigo casting Getsuga- GIGA SLAVE :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2011 2:09 PM

May 2009
icegenie said:
1. Yes, Kubo drew the chapter. But did he say ANYWHERE that this was The Big Revelation? No one. Whoever that is disappointed and raving are the ones who think "this is it". That includes you and all the other haters. If bringing the 'weak' character Ukitake into the plot doesnt change the big picture then I dont know what does. Maybe if Ichigo was actually a SS experiment huh?

Kubo himself said that. A few weeks ago, in the MAL Forum Discussion Thread about Chapter 462 of Bleach, Fai said, and here I quote his exact words from Post #5:

Fai said:
Also, according to Kubo's more recent interviews, there's one chapter coming up soon in this arc that ill completely change everyone's perception of what is going on as, quoting kubo, it made the publishers drop their jaws to the floor from shock.

And then this chapter happened. And it turned out to be what it is. And there's only one chapter with the big twist. Not two, not three, not many, just one.

See? This is a fact. It's different from a fantasy because it has actual basis in reality.

icegenie said:
2. So SS isnt monitoring Ichigo's reiatsu and controlling it, then who is? And FYI, GPS doesnt measure ANYTHING. It TRACKS.

Very good, you've just proven my point. The badge is just a tracker and not some ominous device that controls him. Compared to the crimes SS has committed, this is irrilevant.

icegenie said:
3. The point is jumping into conclusions. You did not deny that. Good for you.

No, the point is getting you off that high horse of yours where you just love giving sermons and patronize the pepole you deem inferior. Not only you didn't deny this, you're still stubbornly firm on your ideas. Good job.

icegenie said:
No relation whatsoever to my point. "We as audience see a clearer picture than the characters in the story. We have the luxury to flip back past chapters and look at everyone's perspective." And FYI again, I am not a 'boy'.

Well, excuse me princess, but I am too part of the audience. I too have read the whole manga and I also have the right to have an opinion about it. Perhaps you wanted to say that your opinion as a fan is somehow "better" than mine, as I hope it isn't true, as there is no "better" opinion in an argument?

icegenie said:
"It is just the start/unveiling of a whole new part of the big picture."
More will be explained in the following chapters. Duh. Back to point 1. If bringing the 'weak' character Ukitake into the plot doesnt change the big picture then I dont know what does.

Again, why you're so sure that "It is just the start/unveiling of a whole new part of the big picture"? You're not in Kubo's head and you have no idea how the next chapter will develop. For all we know, it may be only action without talking.

icegenie said:
Same for us. We can say whatever we want. And you can say whatever you want. You can TROLL for as long as you like because you KNOW you are trolling. i.e. You KNOW that you are just making a fool out of yourselves. (go ahead, I know you will deny it.) Of cos, Im not like reaght. Please go ahead and read Bleach for all you want and hate it for all you want as everytime Bleach is read, its popularity goes higher. Thank you very much.

Really? Now you're using the "You're a troll!" argument? Great! That's exactly what I wanted! You just proven yourself that anyone disagreeing with you is a repulsive pariah with worthless opinions, and thus must be reprimanded! Great display of maturity right here!

And if you really believed that I was a troll, why you have fed me?

icegenie said:
Lastly, obviously you do not know much about Kubo. It's okay that you come here and start raving how bad was the chapter and how much Bleach sucks. It just shows how ignorant you are about what you're reading. You can not like what we are predicting. Sure, everyone has different opinions about how the story will turn out. Go ahead and disagree.

Again, claiming basless superiority towards me because your opinion makes you fell better. And it's funny that you pretend to accept different opinons when this whole paragraph was just you sorely dismissing mine without any basis.

icegenie said:
'Mistakes' ? what 'mistakes' ? If you are talking about loopholes, it's just silly to discuss this because the story is not over. But I know you love to jump into conclusions. Thats fine I guess. You can be a better writer than 'worthless' Kubo and your manga will sell more than 72 million in Japan and be one of top in U.S. too. Good for you.

And now you're impersonating a Bieber fangirl with the argument "You're not famous, so you have no right to criticize something!". Newsflash: not every single critic is affected by the tall poppy syndrome.

Furthermore, it's unsettling how you regard Kubo as someone who can do no wrong. You have to learn that nothing is perfect in this world, especially narrated works. You're bound to find some flaws in every story, drawn, written, filmed or animated and you have to accept this. However, you seem just so stubbornly firm in your conviction that everything that Kubo does is no less than perfect, that it just seems so uncanny.

icegenie said:
Oh, feel free to deny alllll my points. It's okay. I know you will be in denial.

And, last but not least, you used the dead horse argument "You are what you hate". Good job, give yourself a round of applause!

It's interesting, however, how every single one of your arguments turned out to be just one big "ad hominem" against me. You didn't prove anything, you don't have anything to back your claims, and you lost time and words just by making petty attacks against me. I should be angry for your despicable behavior, but I understand the fact that you're sore about my attacks against someone you admire so much.
As MST3K opening song said:"It's just a show, I should really just relax.", so don't be mad about the other's opinions, it's just a comic book. There are far more serious things in the world.

icegenie said:
And also, a good writer will not suddenly drop a spotlight on a 'weak' character without giving any hints. That then is what I call a lousy writer who has no planning and no more inspiration.

How ironic, that's exactly what Kubo did in this chapter. :)
Arashi89Nov 24, 2011 2:18 PM
Nov 24, 2011 2:56 PM

Jan 2008
Maddo_scientisto said:

I also think that some of Fai's point are wrong but you can't just brush every point he made aside on the basis that some of them were wrong.

Particuliary these:

+ the fact that Ukitake did lied to Ichigo.

We aren't saying that Ukitake is the mother of evil and a big asshole. We are not saying that he'll pull a big keikaku doori and reveal himself as a vilain. We are just saying that there's some shady business surrounding him since the start of the manga.
It isn't a black and white situation and with the system SS is based from something a human that live in the real world would consider evil could but justice in SS, moral and rules changes depending on the society.
ALL of those points are circumstantial at best, but for some reason they've almost been presented here as evidence. Nothing is ever that certain in Bleach.

-Kaien explained his reluctance as him not feeling worthy of the title "since there are many people more worthy of a promotion like that than me".
-Kaien would have gone after that Hollow in any case, Ukitake did try to stop him at first but... that Hollow had killed Kaien's wife and so he was fighting for his honor.
-Who said Ukitake was the one that erased her memories, could have been Aizen... IF anything was erased.
-Wonderweiss didn't like Gin either when he came to talk to Tousen, or Urahara. Wonderweiss had a weird definition of what's "pure".

Maybe I'm being to one-sided, I've always argued for the shinigami being good guys after all... the question is, if any of those first points were given by someone who was objective or someone who only looked at the opposite angle of things, shoe-horning them into the fit of a theory.

I believe that the thing being tested by Ginjo isn't only Ichigo's trust in SS, the reader's trust is being tested as well, perhaps it's a way to make it easier to relate to the doubts that could be growing within Ichigo.

Nov 24, 2011 6:27 PM

Jul 2008
Arashi89 said:

Kubo himself said that. A few weeks ago, in the MAL Forum Discussion Thread about Chapter 462 of Bleach, Fai said, and here I quote his exact words from Post #5:

Fai said:
Also, according to Kubo's more recent interviews, there's one chapter coming up soon in this arc that ill completely change everyone's perception of what is going on as, quoting kubo, it made the publishers drop their jaws to the floor from shock.

And then this chapter happened. And it turned out to be what it is. And there's only one chapter with the big twist. Not two, not three, not many, just one.

See? This is a fact. It's different from a fantasy because it has actual basis in reality.

A fact? Lord no.
You are assuming that this chapter is the one Kubo is talking about.
He did say that a chapter in this arc would change everyone's perception about what happened, he never said that the next twist he would use would absolutely be this one.
Also it look like the revelation are just getting started, we still don't know shit about what is happening so considering that the 'big revelation' is pretty much baseless.

hungry_bunny said:
ALL of those points are circumstantial at best, but for some reason they've almost been presented here as evidence. Nothing is ever that certain in Bleach.

-Kaien explained his reluctance as him not feeling worthy of the title "since there are many people more worthy of a promotion like that than me".
-Kaien would have gone after that Hollow in any case, Ukitake did try to stop him at first but... that Hollow had killed Kaien's wife and so he was fighting for his honor.
-Who said Ukitake was the one that erased her memories, could have been Aizen... IF anything was erased.
-Wonderweiss didn't like Gin either when he came to talk to Tousen, or Urahara. Wonderweiss had a weird definition of what's "pure".

Maybe I'm being to one-sided, I've always argued for the shinigami being good guys after all... the question is, if any of those first points were given by someone who was objective or someone who only looked at the opposite angle of things, shoe-horning them into the fit of a theory.

I believe that the thing being tested by Ginjo isn't only Ichigo's trust in SS, the reader's trust is being tested as well, perhaps it's a way to make it easier to relate to the doubts that could be growing within Ichigo.

-A VC seat is not something people refuse yet he didn't want to be Ukitake's VC. Now if we are talking about circunstance about why he would refuse the post we should not discard the possibility of him not refusing a VC seat but instead refusing being directly under Ukitake. Why would he do that? Possibly because he isn't as nice as he makes himself look.

-True and that's why I say he is not evil. He balanced the scale and judged that it would be convenient for him and that Kaien would get what he want at the same time, either one of these factor being false he would probably have saved him.
A captain and especially a senior captain should have been able to save him if he really wanted to, sick or not, we saw much weaker shinigami being in a more dire state that just having an illness that displayed much more willpower.

-Ukitake is the one that sent Rukia to the real world. It's not impossible for Aizen to have erased her memory but whatfor? It wouldn't benifit Aizen's plan while in return we do not know what Ukitake is up to.
If we consider the Ukitake vs Aizen discussion it is possible to see a blur line where Ukitake could have been working with Aizen prior to him rebelling against SS, probably Aizen under Ukitake thus the 'you are too arrogant' line

-Gin was one of the most impure character in bleach. He constantly tricked people for the sakes of revenge so obviously WW didn't liked him.
Tousen on the other hand was fighting the sake of his justice, always beleiving he was right and that he was walking the right path toward peace. Tousen was a much more pure character than Gin.

Remember who was the 'nicest captain' before? It was Aizen.
People labelling Ukitake as the big heart guy is as streching it as saying that he's the incarnation of evil. Of course he'll be nice as long as things goes his way.
Nov 24, 2011 8:21 PM

May 2008
I'm actualy so confused now. These Ukitake conspiracy theories are quite interesting but I don't want to believe them. xD And if Ukitake is conspiring something does that mean Kyouraku (his BFF) is in on it too? I love Ukitake and Kyouraku, thier not allowed to be evil. lol.

But from seeing Fai's evidence, some seemed alittle far-fetched but some points I do agree. Ukitake does look rather suspicious when he's taking to Hitsugaya. Can't believe I missed that. :/ Also the way he was talking to Aizen is that page kind of seems like he may have been working with Aizen before hand or might have known about Aizen's plan.

Just my speculations, please don't take them too seriously.
Nov 24, 2011 8:27 PM

Feb 2010
Thank you @Maddo_scientisto

And hungry_bunny made a very important point :

hungry_bunny said:

back to my dear friend.

Lol. Did Kubo said it was Chapter 474?

Arashi89 said:

Again, why you're so sure that "It is just the start/unveiling of a whole new part of the big picture"? You're not in Kubo's head and you have no idea how the next chapter will develop. For all we know, it may be only action without talking.

Im not sure it will be the NEXT chapter. Please read between the lines. Obviously there would be much more explaining to do about Ukitake's involvement in the main plot.

It is very obvious why this is not The Big Revelation. This is obviously not the 'truth' that Isshin and Urahara were talking about in the beginning of the chapter as just mentioning Ukitake does not draw any lines to link him to Ichigo. Since Bleach is about Ichigo more than about SS, it's obvious that all things happening must relate to Ichigo.

Arashi89 said:
Very good, you've just proven my point. The badge is just a tracker and not some ominous device that controls him. Compared to the crimes SS has committed, this is irrilevant.

Wait, so your point now is that the badge doesnt control Ichigo's reiatsu? Please read page 12 again. According to mangastream's translation, the badge 'restricts' Ichigo. I do not know of any GPS that can restrict my movements. And if this doesnt mean that SS is the big brother, then I dont know what SS is purpose of giving Ichigo the badge.

Arashi89 said:
And it's funny that you pretend to accept different opinons when this whole paragraph was just you sorely dismissing mine without any basis.

Because you are so certain that Im just against you, you have missed out the fact that I disagree with others that Ichigo was swayed by Ginjo's words and hence the bankai. The reason why Im "dissing" is because while the rest of us are having a civilised discussion about the chapter, you come in here and say words like "Kubo is a worthless writer" and disrupt the discussion with "I can say whatever I want and you cant do anything about it". (Wikipedia: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.) Not that Im defending Kubo. I do not think that he is a perfect writer. In fact, I do Hate some characters to the core. However, some of them are essential to the main plot. It is the same as IRL. There are some people we get along with and others that just piss us off. Also the fact that you are here butthurt that we are discussing possibilities and you are thinking that we are talking about 'facts'. There's no harm in thinking what might come next. Thats the reason why Bleach is released weekly and not at 1 go. The 1 week period allows reader to anticipate the next chapter.

We all have times when we totally get disappointed by a chapter. We explain the reasons why rationally and if others have to differ, we discuss this is a civilized manner. I must admit that my tone towards you have been more agressive than others (not like you care). If you have disagreements with what Kubo have drawn, go ahead and voice it here and we will hear what you have to say. However, your posts have been more of disrupting the discussion as to saying whatever we are saying is wrong, rather than encouraging the discussion. If you can accomodate to this discussion, we would happily welcome you. But if you are sincerely out to spike us (i.e. with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response) then do not blame us for "dissing" you.
Nov 24, 2011 11:13 PM

Jun 2009
I still think Urahara plays a role here that has not been revealed yet, be it good or evil.
Wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 25, 2011 2:15 AM

Jul 2007
Ignoring all the trollposts above :P

--------------------
Mindhaxor said:
I still think Urahara plays a role here that has not been revealed yet, be it good or evil.

Obviously. This has been quite obvious ever since Aizen/urahara dialogue when Aizen was being sealed. Urahara knows a lot about SS and what is behind SS.

he also is involved with whatever was up with Isshin in the past, the whole Shiba noble house fallout that is still yet to be explained fully, hogyoku creation(for which the reason has yet to be explained too) and so on.

And he knows what ginjou is in progress of telling Ichigo too...

Urahara is one of shadiest characters and he obviously knows stuff
Nov 25, 2011 2:49 AM

Jun 2008
Maddo_scientisto said:
Monad said:
Shyster said:

I ain't brushing everything aside at all i only commented on the pictures he posted that where nothing really. They are not hints at all. The author can't use those pages and claim of giving hints.
Besides i would need to write a 100 pages to brush everything aside. The guy made SO much theories that is impossible to brush everything aside. I'm sure after so many something will be at least half-right. The ridiculous is how he takes ordinary things and makes a whole supposition of how they are something more deep just to make the manga look like something it isn't. For example now with this images, if Kubo actually makes Ukitake in the future to be some evil guy( i doubt it), Fai will tell us how well thought it was from Kubo by giving such images as hints of Kubo's unnoticed by our common minds master plans, when in reality Kubo made shit of actually having hidden messages and he may not even have been thinking that far ahead when he was making those.
Is like his on a mission to translate Bleach as a secret bible with ten meanings behind every sentence and make it look deeper when Kubo himself actually has no idea you can even find so much inspiration and staff to say from it.
One thing i will give him though. He has a lot of inspiration. Maybe he should actually wright his own story about something. He might do very well.
Nov 25, 2011 4:09 AM

Mar 2009
Wow 7 pages of discussion. Bleach might as well become good from now on if Kubo keeps feeding people with good material.
Nov 25, 2011 6:24 AM

Jul 2007
Maddo_scientisto said:
'you are too arrogant' line

Frankly the way I see it its exactly like that. the whole thing felt like Aizen interrupted some sort of plan.

that also adds new light to SS events. Aizen possibly acted at the moment he did not only because he wanted Hogyoku(he could have went in more silent ways), but also to throw a wrench into SS plans(since he knows the secret about SS and the truth about Soul king,also known as the secret that made him rebel).

Frankly I would not have been surprised if Ichigo was the royal key and that is still quite possible, frankly, which would put the fake-karakura events into entirely new light too.

tamachana said:
And for the SS side, i guess i see why it's like that. Since he's human and all, he probably doesn't know how to "control" His powers and supress it like a proper shinigami. So it suppresses it. If they didn't supress it, they'd have a situation like aizen, where if anyone approached them they would die from the seer amount of power he has;

Except that Ichigo is not radiating constantly. he is leaking form time to time and most of that was before the whole ishida encounter. After regaining his powers with Urahara before SS arc, I believe he was not leaking more than normal shinigami in the gigai.

For starters there are few problems with the whole badge thing:
1) they did not tell him. Captains get told about limiters. If it was nothing suspicious or malevolent, why not just outright say "hey, this thingy here fixes your reiatsu leak problems". They did not. This leads to 2)
2)From the way Ginjou words it. SS does not want to just "supress" ichigo. they want to control him as weapon.Thanks to badge they will always find him and could off him if he revolts. SS decides Ichigo should wipe out some nu-quincy race? Ichigo would have to do it or die, for example.
3) it reeks of Big Brother. The badge system is bassically the Patriot Act:SS Version - The extreme edition. Ichigo finds out something bad about SS(ala what Aizen and Urahara found out) and Ichigo gets offed, alongside with his family possibly.

I guess the current little part of what we know(since we don't know everything) boils down to the old debate of government versus freedom of speech. Should government monitor every and every action of its people, have full access to phone records, emails, internet usage, etc? Should government punish people for a word, way of thinking or knowledge?

We don't know the whole picture but from what we know, SS looks at Ichigo as a disposable tool and a threat. He is a convenient mega-weapon for them and it certainly shows with how he was practically used since the very end of SS arc.
Nov 25, 2011 7:46 AM

Jan 2008
Maddo_scientisto said:

-A VC seat is not something people refuse yet he didn't want to be Ukitake's VC. Now if we are talking about circunstance about why he would refuse the post we should not discard the possibility of him not refusing a VC seat but instead refusing being directly under Ukitake. Why would he do that? Possibly because he isn't as nice as he makes himself look.

-True and that's why I say he is not evil. He balanced the scale and judged that it would be convenient for him and that Kaien would get what he want at the same time, either one of these factor being false he would probably have saved him.
A captain and especially a senior captain should have been able to save him if he really wanted to, sick or not, we saw much weaker shinigami being in a more dire state that just having an illness that displayed much more willpower.

-Ukitake is the one that sent Rukia to the real world. It's not impossible for Aizen to have erased her memory but whatfor? It wouldn't benifit Aizen's plan while in return we do not know what Ukitake is up to.
If we consider the Ukitake vs Aizen discussion it is possible to see a blur line where Ukitake could have been working with Aizen prior to him rebelling against SS, probably Aizen under Ukitake thus the 'you are too arrogant' line

-Gin was one of the most impure character in bleach. He constantly tricked people for the sakes of revenge so obviously WW didn't liked him.
Tousen on the other hand was fighting the sake of his justice, always beleiving he was right and that he was walking the right path toward peace. Tousen was a much more pure character than Gin.

Remember who was the 'nicest captain' before? It was Aizen.
People labelling Ukitake as the big heart guy is as streching it as saying that he's the incarnation of evil. Of course he'll be nice as long as things goes his way.
I REALLY don't like the idea of Ukitake wanting Kaien dead. It doesn't make sense to me no matter what he was hiding. Right after Rukia's death sentence was moved up in the SS arc, Ukitake tries to plead with Byakuya to do something for Rukia, it's because he cares for his subordinates. During the same chapter we get a glimpse into Ukitake's thoughts... http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v16/c134/6.html. A glimpse that shows that Kaien's spirit was his inspiration for the rescue of Rukia, a rescue that put his life and the entire SS system in danger.

Kaien was a man that believed in his own ideals more than common protocol, that's probably why it was so easy for him to turn down a vice-captain promotion. And that's probably why Rukia sees so much of Kaien in Ichigo who doesn't care about what system's rules he breaks as long as he can protect the ones he cares for.

And Wonderweiss was pure... pure as a puppy that wanted to protect his master from anything harmful. His definition of "unpure" was probably anything that was clever enough to threaten his master Aizen. I will not argue the fact that Ukitake is one of the most intelligent captains in SS, but that does not make him a cold and deceitful person. Hueco Mundo was full of two-faced monsters... instead, WW went after Ukitake, Urahara, the Captain-Commander and the Vizards.

And last but not least, Hitsugaya was interrupted by Byakuya just after they arrived to confront Ginjo... he might have told Ichigo the truth about the substitute system and why it was created for Ginjo. But it would have been unwise to unbalance him just before a fight. Yeah, they did lie to him, but they could have had a good reason for it, based on experience.

Nov 25, 2011 8:01 AM

Feb 2008
hungry_bunny said:
WW went after Ukitake, Urahara, the Captain-Commander and the Vizards.

Question: What the heck are "Vizards"??? *puzzled*
--- I thought it was Visored (Kanji - ヴァイザード, Romanji - vaizādo).
Nov 25, 2011 9:20 AM

Jul 2009
Well that was foreshadowed for a long time but I didn't expect him to say Ukitake was behind it. I figured it would've been Isshin.
Nov 25, 2011 9:49 AM

Jul 2007
Zell182 said:
Well that was foreshadowed for a long time but I didn't expect him to say Ukitake was behind it. I figured it would've been Isshin.

isshin still has a connection.

- He knows Ginjou.
- he knows what Ginjou wants to tell.
- Ginjou baited Ichigo with info about Isshin and while he said it was a red herring, I bet its important.
- This is supposedly (or leads to) isshin past arc.

Also someone is forgetting something: Ginjou said that there was already a person with similar kind of fullbring as Ichigo before :)
AhenshihaelNov 25, 2011 10:05 AM
Nov 25, 2011 2:26 PM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
Mindhaxor said:

Obviously. This has been quite obvious ever since Aizen/urahara dialogue when Aizen was being sealed. Urahara knows a lot about SS and what is behind SS.

he also is involved with whatever was up with Isshin in the past, the whole Shiba noble house fallout that is still yet to be explained fully, hogyoku creation(for which the reason has yet to be explained too) and so on.

And he knows what ginjou is in progress of telling Ichigo too...

Urahara is one of shadiest characters and he obviously knows stuff

Remember Urahara helping Ichigo becoming a shinigami ... ?
When he cut his chain and told him what to do? I imagine Ginjou went at some point through the same process, i wonder if Ginjou wasnt Urahara's first experiment of that sort ...

hungry_bunny said:
And last but not least, Hitsugaya was interrupted by Byakuya just after they arrived to confront Ginjo... he might have told Ichigo the truth about the substitute system and why it was created for Ginjo. But it would have been unwise to unbalance him just before a fight. Yeah, they did lie to him, but they could have had a good reason for it, based on experience.

I think there was more to what he wanted to tell or should have told even if he continued revealing the "true story".
See Ishida having those deep thoughts about the whole situation 10 chapters ago (Chapter 464). Saying what he said this last chapter "the worst would be if neither was the truth".
Then he says "i shouldnt tell ichigo that ------". But then this last chapter he seems to want to talk, but Ichigo tells him off as if he is sensing what bad news he is about to reveal!
JudgeRuthlessNov 25, 2011 3:09 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2011 3:40 PM

May 2009
Alright, I want to say something.

If you really think that I'm trolling, then report me. It's as simple as that.

However, since I'm not a person who wants to disrupt the discussion, I'll participate to this one about what will happen next.

Fai said:

isshin still has a connection.

- He knows Ginjou.
- he knows what Ginjou wants to tell.
- Ginjou baited Ichigo with info about Isshin and while he said it was a red herring, I bet its important.
- This is supposedly (or leads to) isshin past arc.

I have a little theory for that: what if Ginjou and Isshin were colleagues?

I don't know anything about the timeline of Bleach, but it's safe to assume that Ginjou and Isshin have more or less the same age, and thus they were the first substitute shinigami squad. Then, something happened between the two, maybe Isshin reported to the SS a crime committed by Ginjou, and they sentenced him to the removal of all shinigami powers. Ginjou went into hiding and lived his life, maybe he had some aspiration of creating some sort of group of reiatsu users free from SS control. However, he couldn't forget what Isshin did to him and planned revenge, but the latter is pretty much untouchable, since he's protected by Urahara, thus he took it out on Ichigo.

Fai said:
Also someone is forgetting something: Ginjou said that there was already a person with similar kind of fullbring as Ichigo before :)

Do you mean a new posthumous character, like Kaien? Or maybe someone who lost his/her powers?

At last, I don't think there are going to be big revelations in the near future. The next chapter is probably going to have the start of Riruka vs Shinigami fight, and Ginjo vs Ichigo. Ginjou will probably trap Ichigo because the latter is too angry and nervous, adn thus Kubo will either pull a cliffhanger, with Urahara saving him in the nick of time, or doing the big damn hero moment for Urahara in the same chapter.
Nov 25, 2011 5:14 PM

Jan 2008
kimchuy said:
hungry_bunny said:
WW went after Ukitake, Urahara, the Captain-Commander and the Vizards.

Question: What the heck are "Vizards"??? *puzzled*
--- I thought it was Visored (Kanji - ヴァイザード, Romanji - vaizādo).
"The Vizard" is the english translation of the "Visored" (according to some sites and fansubbers), I hope it wasn't to difficult to decode what I was trying to say.
Peralisc said:
I think there was more to what he wanted to tell or should have told even if he continued revealing the "true story".
See Ishida having those deep thoughts about the whole situation 10 chapters ago (Chapter 464). Saying what he said this last chapter "the worst would be if neither was the truth".
Then he says "i shouldnt tell ichigo that ------". But then this last chapter he seems to want to talk, but Ichigo tells him off as if he is sensing what bad news he is about to reveal!
*pic*
I'm still hung up on that, I didn't mention that page because I still can't figure out what Ishida has concluded... the only thing I can figure out is that there are more revelations coming.

Nov 25, 2011 7:04 PM

Feb 2010
Okay, firstly, Arashi89. I apologize if I have mistaken your intentions in any way.

Yes, I have known the group to be Vizards since their introduction in the manga.

hungry_bunny said:
And Wonderweiss was pure... pure as a puppy that wanted to protect his master from anything harmful. His definition of "unpure" was probably anything that was clever enough to threaten his master Aizen. I will not argue the fact that Ukitake is one of the most intelligent captains in SS, but that does not make him a cold and deceitful person. Hueco Mundo was full of two-faced monsters... instead, WW went after Ukitake, Urahara, the Captain-Commander and the Vizards.

This. Any one knows if WW is confirmed dead? I know Fai mentioned that Grimmjow and Syazel will be brought back into the plot. However, I have a feeling that there is more to WW than just the Arrancar arc, considering that he was specially made by Aizen.

Fai said:
For starters there are few problems with the whole badge thing:
1) they did not tell him. Captains get told about limiters. If it was nothing suspicious or malevolent, why not just outright say "hey, this thingy here fixes your reiatsu leak problems". They did not. This leads to 2)
2)From the way Ginjou words it. SS does not want to just "supress" ichigo. they want to control him as weapon.Thanks to badge they will always find him and could off him if he revolts. SS decides Ichigo should wipe out some nu-quincy race? Ichigo would have to do it or die, for example.
3) it reeks of Big Brother. The badge system is bassically the Patriot Act:SS Version - The extreme edition. Ichigo finds out something bad about SS(ala what Aizen and Urahara found out) and Ichigo gets offed, alongside with his family possibly.

Im concerned by why wasnt Ichigo told about the controlling effect of the badge. IMO, it is quite common sense to be controlled in a certain manner since Ichigo is representing SS. Even the captains and vice-captains were told about their limiters (but I guess thats a little different). Even if there were to be any underlining reason for the badge, I do not think that knowing about the restricting effect gives away anything. That's for sure since we are all here guessing what's the next step.

PLUS.

Isshin knows everything too. Here's my thought. Last week I made a crazy guess that Ichigo was made by SS. However, if Ichigo is Isshin's real son, then I believe that he would want the best for his son. By not telling Ichigo anything, Isshin was trying to protect Ichigo in his own way. From what? That's what we are all trying to guess now.

Another point. We dont know how Ukitake is related to Yoruichi, considering the fact that he had the Shihouin shield. If he is somehow related to her, then that would put him into the equation with Urahara. Right at the beginning, they made it such that Ichigo would go into SS and save Rukia. Although Ichigo did not save SS in any way when Aizen revealed his betrayal, he was still given the badge. It was supposed to be a gesture to thank Ichigo for saving Rukia. However, this reason is a personal one. I do not expect the Captain-Commander to accept it, neither should any of the unrelated captains. I would say that it was all planned that Ichigo would receive the shinigami badge even before he met Rukia.
Nov 25, 2011 10:55 PM
Mar 2009
It's a GPS, big whoop.

Ukitake, the evil mastermind!

Uhh, no. Don't really see that happening.
Nov 26, 2011 12:58 AM
May 2009
Unexpected that Ukitake was the one... So now what happens?
Nov 26, 2011 4:47 AM

Dec 2007
When Ichigo got the badge he was an unknown reijutsu user to the shinigamis and he fought on par with captians so he was powerful too. But he did not could controll his power very well which could lead to the destruction of Karukara town ,etc. So SS gave him an item the badge which kept his power in balance.The reason they did not tell him the purpose of it is lie in Ichigos personality(I can do it alone i dont need help) he would not have accepted it. So they lied to him.

It is only a theory but it is as good as the Ukitake the evil mastermind theory.
Nov 27, 2011 2:03 AM

Mar 2009
Pretty sure Ginjou is lying about Ukitake, or at least I hope so.

Other than that, the Soul Society being sketchy and evil is nothing new. Honestly, I expected more trolling out of Kubo. Now I am disappoint.
Nov 27, 2011 9:09 PM

Sep 2009
I don't get it, why is Ichigo angry? Why does that count as a betrayal?

If Urahara and them knew, why didn't they get rid of it?

Who cares if it tracked Ichigo's movements? The captains saved his ass numerous times.

I don't get how this is a 'betrayal'. They restored Ichigo's riatsu.
Nov 28, 2011 12:20 PM

Apr 2008
Ichi~ Held back and wiretapped~

But it looks like it doesn't matter. ;) Will it?
Nov 28, 2011 3:27 PM

Oct 2008
Now, seriously, what's the real shocker? That couldn't have been it.

Nov 29, 2011 5:41 PM

Jul 2010
Ukitake?! Really? SO RANDOM. I hate when these things happen. Random conclusions annoy me so much.
A story is supposed to have some foreshadowing, at least when it's not Bobobobo!

Hate this.
So we find this so late in the story even when we already know that Soul Society fully and utterly trusts Ichigo so much that they allowed him to save them so many times. And so it doesn't even make a big deal even if it was true
Whatever. I hope this gets more reasonable later on and what Ginjo just said was crap. Ichigo better not beLIEve (liked that word play) what he said.
Nov 29, 2011 6:20 PM

Jul 2008
fishergirl16 said:
Ukitake?! Really? SO RANDOM. I hate when these things happen. Random conclusions annoy me so much.
A story is supposed to have some foreshadowing, at least when it's not Bobobobo!

Hate this.
So we find this so late in the story even when we already know that Soul Society fully and utterly trusts Ichigo so much that they allowed him to save them so many times. And so it doesn't even make a big deal even if it was true
Whatever. I hope this gets more reasonable later on and what Ginjo just said was crap. Ichigo better not beLIEve (liked that word play) what he said.

Because you didn't get the foreshadowing does not mean that it had none.
Ukitake have been shady since long ago.
Also the human world and the SS are completely different, something that could be considered evil for someone living in the human world could be considered justice in SS. That's because the human world is similar to ours while the SS is based off a feudal regime where freedom of speech is very limited and where power means everything.

I'm bothered by people considering the shinigamis as gods: they aren't.
I've seen a lot of time the 'wow human can fight gods, so retarded' argument and that comes from this simple misunderstanding.
Shinigami are no gods, they claim they are. They are a group of soul with power that does not care about the rest of the world.
They sugarcoat their actions like they were god's messenger but they are acting on their own belief, or rather they are imposing their belief on the whole world silencing anything that would go against them.

That's why Riruka is pissed off, shinigami are not superior to human yet they claim they are gods and are doing justice. When he was against Mayuri, Ishida himself showed us that a human's peak was not less stronger than a shinigami's, and peak is a strong word as he had very low battle experience at that point.

Tl;DR: SS has been evil since day 1, people got too much attached to the character which are nice but the society itself is evil.
Nov 30, 2011 5:05 AM

Oct 2009
Z-flame said:
kimchuy said:
IMO, I think those weren't the "whole" big twist of the story. I could say, Ginjo spewed half or maybe 1/4 of the truth.

I agree on this, I don't believe that Ginjo told him the all truth.

This and, as we can see Ichigo doesn't care 'cause he trusts his friend.

"They had a reason to ..." or something like that.

Duh.
Dec 2, 2011 4:24 PM
Oct 2011
fuck all you haters it was a good twist and NONE of you were expecting it so dont even lie and i can guaranteethat that isnt all there will be more to it soo chill the fuck out haha
Dec 3, 2011 8:16 AM

Nov 2011
ChronosXIII said:
It's a GPS, big whoop.

Ukitake, the evil mastermind!

Uhh, no. Don't really see that happening.
u should read the next chapter and c and people are saying that the badge thing makes sense ichigo was weak in hueco mundo and couldn't beat espada # 5 when kenpachi beat him easily right but people are not noticeing that ichigo never took the badge to hueco mundo to begin with
Dec 7, 2011 7:54 PM

Aug 2008
So Soul Society wanted to keep tabs on Ichigo, even control him? Big deal. I hate to be the jerk who says this, but it's their right, or at least they're responsibility. Ichigo's an extremely rare and dangerous anomaly to them. He's walking around in the living world
spewing reiatsu around at the level of a captain! And to top it off, he's not exactly stable either. Let's not forget Hichigo. Sure, he should've earned their trust, but being wary is still smart. I would hope that Ichigo would be able to handle this news.

Jun 8, 2017 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
It's normal to control you when you have that sort of power.
Dec 12, 2021 10:40 AM

Nov 2019
I have to agree with the guy above me, I really don’t see any problems or nothing mind blowing in this chapter. Ichigo was controlled by the Soul Society? Well why not! I mean they lent him extra human powers, I wouldn’t leave such a powerful person unattended, as much as trustworthy he might be.
Jan 2, 4:15 PM
Apr 2023
Is Ukitake a little evil?
If so, I will be kinda depressed.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.