Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
May 9, 2015 6:18 PM
May 2015
I have got to say, so far I am really liking this anime. there was a lot of points in this episode that just made me say "holy sh*t"
May 18, 2015 8:07 PM
Apr 2011
Cool story so far, but when did she put all those bombs and mines? Why the police didn't come soon? why didn't they just stay stationary after the explosion detonated?
Massive murder and no consequences? really?

It will have to get better.
Jun 28, 2015 9:02 AM

Oct 2014
ugh yuki
Aug 6, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
Again a policeman? and will he still protect Yukki if they will be the only ones left? I doubt it..
This number 9 cosplay costume is too common for bad characters in anime :|
I liked that other people were involved in this game so it won't be boring.

and about the end and I don't think that it means "become one" suggesting that they will have sex
ュツキ一が 由乃 と結ばれる。
I think this means "Yukki is getting closer to Yuno" or allied with. I hope they will show this in ep 3 so lets see.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 8, 2015 12:03 AM

Feb 2013
Haha this episode was great.

I really like the bomb chick, bitch was crazy, yet awesome at the same time. I'm glad they didn't kill her off yet.

Speaking of crazy bitches, Yuno was awesome this episode. Shes definitely my favorite character so far. Though I have to say I was a little disappointed she got her ass kicked so easily by 9th. I was really expecting her to put up much more of a fight then that :/.

But yeah, this series is great so far. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Aug 15, 2015 3:07 PM
Jan 2015
yuno is way to nice.. i feel as if she's planning something
Aug 21, 2015 6:54 PM

Dec 2013
Well, first off I'd like to say that Yuki's self-pity reminds me of myself, and that's kinda disturbing. Ok though, getting to the juicy part. I noticed quite a few plot holes/inconsistencies here and there, and I'm taking issues with some of them...

- Ninth's actions don't make any logical sense. Why wouldn't she kill Amano when they first met? Using Third as an excuse doesn't sit right with me. Amano was confirmed a Diary Owner, an enemy. I can't understand Ninth's reasoning at all, just blow the whole damn building.

- Speaking of incomprehensible things, when did she have time to set up all those bombs anyway? A random girl dressed awkwardly wandering the school and nobody gives a shit? I've counted at least 10 of them. Assuming she planted them at night time, wouldn't that also be recorded in Police Officer-san's diary, since he was after Minene? Why wouldn't he order the evacuation of the school them?

- Ninth kicks Yuno through mine field and miraculously doesn't trigger a mine.

- Forth nonchalantly gives his subordinate info from his Diary.[/center]

Still pretty fun, nevertheless. Satisfied about myself for picking up on those kinds of things.

PriestSlayerAug 21, 2015 7:45 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 29, 2015 1:36 AM

Apr 2014
If you stay where the bomb already exploded instead of running around, wouldn't you be safe? Fail
Sep 11, 2015 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
Jaymie said:
I have a major problem with the OP. It's a nice song, but those spoilers are INSANE. To me the spoilers were extremely blatant, but it might be better for people who haven't read the manga. I hope so, for their sake.
Protip: don't watch the OP if you haven't already.

^Can confirm, even if I quoted from 2011.

Yeah, that was sort of a f**k-up as far as spoilers. I guess I'll do the read and compare ordeal. I read the manga and I'll watch the show. Of course, anime feels more interactive, yet I can't shake the feeling that it won't be as good.

I'll come and discuss if I find something notable.
Sep 15, 2015 3:02 AM

Aug 2012
Wish the main was a bit older. Then it wouldn't give him an excuse for acting the way he does.

Yuno is acting as I expected from what I've heard. In a good way of course. Getting everyone who captured yuki killed as she ran through the hallway yelling "die die, everyone die! with explosions quickly following was enjoyable.
Dec 14, 2015 8:39 PM

Nov 2015
So glad Uryuu wasn't killed. We need more crazy villians!!! It's good to know not all the diary users are evil maniacs that wants to be god. Yuno blows up a bunch of students for Yuki. We can all see where this leads to...
Jan 6, 2016 6:10 PM

Jun 2015
PriestSlayer said:
- Speaking of incomprehensible things, when did she have time to set up all those bombs anyway? A random girl dressed awkwardly wandering the school and nobody gives a shit? I've counted at least 10 of them. Assuming she planted them at night time, wouldn't that also be recorded in Police Officer-san's diary, since he was after Minene? Why wouldn't he order the evacuation of the school them?

That's what I was wondering, too. But then again, Mirai Nikki isn't supposed to make much logical sense, at least they say so.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Feb 18, 2016 4:17 PM

Sep 2011
Well... this seems awful so far... I can only hope it will be better and not just random crazy people fighting each other.
Apr 21, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
That was cool.

You could tell straight away the purple haired girl was one from first episode, couldn't tell so quick about the cop.

Trying to evade getting blown up in the school was fun to see but sad all his friends handed him over but then Yuno helped saved Yukki and the cop did.

I can't believe #9 got her eye poked out with a dart, is he really allowed to take darts to school? it seems dangerous in case something like that happened.

So the cop is going to help them, how nice!
May 13, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2010
Well that was one badass escape! :D
Yuno was amazing when she run around the school and the bombs exploded.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2016 9:28 AM

Apr 2012
One thing that kind of bothers me is how it seems like Yuki is the only person that thinks this 'survival game' is insane. All the other Diary users seemed to be able to take what was happening at face value, leaving Yuki alone wondering why any of this is happening. In episode 1 when Deus Ex Machina gathered them all together he said that he would go over the rules 'one more time', even though for Yuki, it was his first time hearing about it, meaning Deus went over the rules of the survival game once before but excluded Yuki for no reason other than to leave one person in the dark.

Is it poor writing? Or is Deus Ex Machina just living up to his name?
Jun 29, 2016 8:12 PM
Sep 2015
Maybe they should've remembered the silhouettes of their enemies.

And maybe they should've stuck around in rooms which had already exploded for a while - nothing more to blow up in there.

Hmm, no snipers good enough to take out the phone?

"Yukii and Yuno come together" - yup, certainly sounds like a "happy ending".
Sep 5, 2016 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, this show keeps getting better.
Love the fact that there are different types of diaries, that's soooo interesting. As in, if you get certain types of diaries and team up, you could be basically untouchable.
Love Yuno voice thought *.*
And damn, I really like that opening.
Well, next one already XD
Sep 7, 2016 7:29 AM

Feb 2016
Holy fucking shitt.......
Sep 21, 2016 9:22 AM

Jun 2016
Yuno going crazy to save Yukki. Also glad that third is forming a team with Yukki and Yuno. Story's going great till now.
Oct 9, 2016 1:00 AM

Jul 2015
Really glad I started this series.
"Yuno and Yuki become one" smh hahah.
I just really wanna know why she's helping him and all that. Is it really only because of 'love'?
Hopefully the MC stops being a coward soon.

caught in the wonder
Oct 19, 2016 8:18 PM
May 2016
mirai nikki is edgy shit with plot conveniences
Oct 22, 2016 2:05 AM

Mar 2016
I laughed so hard at the scene where Yukki looked at third and he looked back to him lmao
Nov 6, 2016 2:49 AM

Jan 2014
Yuno went yandere, kill some friends on her way to save Yukiteru. and in the end she got the present.
Nov 16, 2016 9:33 PM

Jul 2016
Damn this show is hardcore, gotta say though idk why he would care if a hot girl were stalking him? That always seemed to me like it would be a guys dream come true:D
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 2, 2017 2:16 PM

Mar 2010
Wtf its not possible to know what will happen next, I can basically just let my mind wonder a bit until I know each and every diary and its special skills.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 23, 2017 2:55 PM
Jan 2012
Good. Very intense,i liked overturn the story. Yuki and yuno make good relation and new friend of yukii appears. I liked moment people of school throwing books in her. I hope new conflicts other players.
Mar 15, 2017 10:49 AM

May 2013
I wonder why Yuno loves him so much :/ Yukiteru says she's smart and pretty; I assume she'd be quite popular with the guys, so why would she go for the dude that never talks in the class? .__.
Mar 19, 2017 7:51 PM

Nov 2016
Why doesn't Yuki properly accept Yuno, it seems like genuine love, maybe I'll find out later why Yuno loves him.

Only if I had someone as loyal as Yuno, she'll obliterate anyone who messes with me :P A dream come true ^.^
Apr 4, 2017 12:07 PM

Mar 2017
How does anyone find this good?
Better question: why did I let myself watch this far?

The entire plot makes 0 sense.
This teenager is dropped into a survival game... you'd think he'd be going crazy the whole time and be beyond confused but no. After only a couple of episodes it's like he's already completely used to this.

This is just atrocious.
Apr 16, 2017 9:23 PM

Jan 2016
This episode really sucked me in... perfect.

D'awww ^__^ She's so protective and nice to him, despite him being so cowardly and submissive. [Yuuki what do you mean "for now you have to team up with her"? she's going to be the best you're going to get, you need to marry her]

I like her assertive and dominant personality, even if she is a Yandere & stalker on top of it (at least they worked out in his favor). I really like Yuno, and also Yuuki since I don't usually see main characters so diffident.

I wonder why she's willing to do that despite her life being on the line by not killing him. She probably knows he's an easy kill. I'm also really intrigued that Fourth is sparing and working with him too. I'm glad that Fourth is on their side and they have a team now. He's awesome.

Character development is interesting (they're all pretty eccentric) and I like how they refer to each other by numbers.

And as a final comment, I like how the episodes are ending with side stories and explanations.

UPDATE: I just watched Episode 3.
primaskiApr 16, 2017 10:00 PM
Jun 2, 2017 10:10 PM

Dec 2016
where the hell did that motorcycle come from!?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 30, 2017 9:59 PM

Jul 2009
OK, so first things first, I get the idea this show is gonna be crazy and not too serious, as in don't try to overthink things that happened XD The OP was crazy and fit in super well, and I liked the new animation for the ED this episode, though it DOES seem kind of spoiler-y :P I have no idea how Ninth got into the school, or how Fourth was so eager to form an alliance (I would've thought Yuno would be against it, but I guess looking at HER diary entry ... nope! XD), but whatever! It was crazy and fun. The Murmur parts at the end are pretty useful too, kind of filling in some extra info that didn't fit into the episode. I was wondering why so many of the players are revealing themselves right away, but I guess some of them (probably the more logical/strategic type?) are waiting and bidding their time :P
Oct 13, 2017 6:55 AM

Jun 2016
I was speechless throughout the episode. I can't process everything that happened. I hope this show stays like this episode and the previous one.

The Ninth's target was actually the Third who was apparently Amano's sensei. What the fuck.

Yay. We get to meet the Fourth and the Ninth. Fourth's Diary is the Crime Diary, I think? That tells the future crimes. Then Ninth owns the Escape Diary.

Yuno is such a badass this episode. Eeeh. She got a kiss from Yuki. Cutie. I ship it. Lmao.

When Yuki stabbed Ninth's left eye with his dart, though. Pffffft.

Such a good fucking episode.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 4, 2018 11:33 PM
Apr 2017
One of my favorite OP's. Loved the mad scramble at the end through the minefield with the books raining down from above.
Feb 3, 2019 12:14 AM
Jan 2019
The thing I would not want to happen at all was that Yuno would kill Yuki in the end...
Jun 25, 2019 9:03 AM

Jul 2014

"LEAVE YUKITERU ALONE! YOU'RE GONNA PICK ON A GUY TRYING TO SAVE A BUNCH OF KIDS?"

"OH YEAH, I GOT SOMETHING FOR YOUR ASS! YOU MESS WITH YUKITERU, YOU MESS WITH SAKURAMI MIDDLE SCHOOL!"

"YOU MESS WITH ONE OF US, YOU MESS WITH ALL OF US!"
Dec 8, 2019 4:26 AM

Apr 2013
A lot of plotholes in this episode. How did Yuno free herself and detonate the bombs? Where did that terrorist chick get that motorcycle from? Also that policeman is an idiot, how would shooting Yukki and himself would have helped anything? The students would still all have died after 10 minutes.
Feb 23, 2020 5:49 AM

Dec 2018
I wonder why Yuno being shy after that kiss from Yukki, when before she's always make a bold move, like stealing a kiss from Yukki. I guess it's Schizophrenia.

That comedic moment when the 4th and the 1st is so unecessary and to be frank I found it a bit cringy.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 3, 2020 3:51 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Whelp... The Ninth is crazy too. Good to see there's also now another person to help Yukki out.

One thing though, all the diary user's silhouettes seemed to be exaggerated and over the top so they are going to stand way out from the normal crowds!
Aug 7, 2020 2:02 AM
Oct 2019
Can't stand Yuki at all. Kind of rooting for him to die and someone less annoying to win. So far the weirdo "girlfriend" and cop are the only candidates for that though.

Another average episode.
Dec 18, 2020 10:39 PM
Dec 2020
haha stupid minene lost her eye thats what u get lol
Feb 14, 2021 8:26 PM

Jul 2012
Bruh this episode was so dumb but so entertaining.

SHE BOMBED THE SCHOOL LMAO. Where tf did she get the time to hook up all these explosives??

Where tf did the motorcycle come from?!
Mar 13, 2021 12:25 AM

Jun 2009
well of course her diary is the escape diary, that just makes too much sense.
Jul 16, 2021 2:56 AM
Feb 2021
Yukki is not showing the urgency expected of him in a life threatening situation. Why is he so stupid that Yuno needs to tell him to read his diary to survive?

Also why are they running to new places? to tick off more bombs? I think they should stay in one area so that the number of bonbs and unknown areas/corners is less. Also it is more difficult to find someone in a place of debris and smoke.

I don't get one thing: if minene has escape diary, how the hell is she pinpointing yukki and yuno's location? By the looks of it the 2-C, Hallway bombs were not sensor bombs but were manually detonated.
eliecherJul 16, 2021 3:57 AM
Jul 16, 2021 3:50 AM
Feb 2021
I can understand smokebombs under the skirt but not the motorbike. This is some weird shit.
Feb 1, 2022 6:51 AM

Dec 2018
that was just ridiculously over the top how exactly did she get that many explosives and plant them all
Oct 1, 2022 8:34 PM
Jan 2021
I feel like at the end it got confusing but it was still a better anime then platinum end.
Oct 11, 2022 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
Wow! This was an episode with many stuff! I feel bad for those innocent students who died lol!

Also, wow, a diary owner is defending them yay! Also, I hope that Minene dies in the future, why didn't they continue them through
Dec 18, 2022 1:13 AM

Jul 2022
Yuno fucked up half the school like it was nothing xD
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Apr 22

23 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

219 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 14, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.