Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2011 6:16 PM

May 2008
7/10.... the ending was alright!
Oct 2, 2011 6:33 PM

Sep 2009
When did this series go from being Spring season's best offering to...this? I have no idea anymore. I just know that the last half wasn't as enjoyable as the first, and nothing ever managed to come close to the quality of the first two episodes. 6/10.

At least Hiroyuki Sawano made a great soundtrack out of this. (b '')b
Oct 2, 2011 6:33 PM

Feb 2008
very weak ending, still a 7/10 for me tho
Oct 2, 2011 6:46 PM

May 2010
- decent ending. nothing really special. The phoenix fire wasn't that convincing. I prefer the brothers slashing and gunning demons instead of that.

- the bro love here is quite touching though.

- I always cringe whenever Shiemi appears :|

- I still can't get over with the fact that Satan knows how to love. Ew.

If only I could rate this anime based on the OST, I'd definitely give it a 10. Seriously, those BGMs are the best thing about this show. Whatever shit is on screen, play any of the BGMs and everything turns ok. :O

But I'm not biased like that. 7/10. Might even drop to 6.
Oct 2, 2011 6:47 PM

Jan 2010
bleh is all i can really say...not the best but not bad. meh give it an 8 out of 10 first 12-15 episodes were great bu then it just pretty much belly-uped as it ended...
Oct 2, 2011 7:13 PM

Oct 2010
quite .....
i felt it's indescribable. i don't know what to say.
it was quite an enjoyable anime in the first few episodes... till they switched tides. It became the anime i couldn't wait to finish and get it off my watching list.
------
they did not explain much. as in, the sudden increase in students. though we get the idea how.
and also how come

i haven't read the manga finish, but i feel that they sort of jumbled some parts of the manga, meshing it together hoping to make sense. Which they did it poorly. I don't think 25 episodes is enough.
I dislike obvious scenes. Like the holding hand and something awesome appears.
Felt weird... i knida saw that familiar scene in [url=http://uraboku]http://myanimelist.net/anime/7058/Uragiri_wa_Boku_no_Namae_wo_Shitteiru
in the last episode.
*shivers*
i felt this anime could be better. please have a remake in the near future.
Oct 2, 2011 7:15 PM

Jan 2010
The last commercial sure did make me happy.

The McRib is back bitches.
Ok™
Oct 2, 2011 7:27 PM

Jan 2011
inb4 Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood.
I'm disappoint. Even though I knew it wasn't going to be like the manga, they downscaled the show at the lowest level. Still a good show though, Rin and Yukio did a good job fighting Satan, aside the fights, still a good, but it could be a lot better.
8/10.
Oct 2, 2011 7:27 PM

Apr 2010
I liked the series until it went away from the Manga. I gave it an 8/10 and thats being generous. I wanted to give it a 7/10 but it was still ok. 4/5 for the episode.
Oct 2, 2011 7:32 PM

Jan 2011
Um okay.....
They hold hands, make a fire bird and kill Satan just like that??

I feel like the mini demons put up more of a fight than Satan!! Jeez!! He's a failure!

2/5
Oct 2, 2011 7:44 PM

Nov 2010
Ignowance is bwiss.
Oct 2, 2011 7:52 PM

Aug 2011
HollowDoll said:
Ignowance is bwiss.

Saw that, SO KYUUUTO
Oct 2, 2011 7:52 PM

Oct 2009
Great ending. But gonna miss this series. ._.

SerenityB3128 said:
Um okay.....

I feel like the mini demons put up more of a fight than Satan!! Jeez!! He's a failure!

2/5

I thought Satan went back to Gehenna since he was talking to Yuri and Rin said he went back o_o''
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2011 8:08 PM

Jan 2011
So many Mameshiba commercials *.*
I liked the ending so I'm giving it a total of 8/10.
And was that Ferris wheel real? o__O
Oct 2, 2011 8:13 PM

Jan 2011
ymeza21 said:
Great ending. But gonna miss this series. ._.

SerenityB3128 said:
Um okay.....

2/5

I thought Satan went back to Gehenna since he was talking to Yuri and Rin said he went back o_o''

Well yeah he went back, so I didn't mean to say "kill" I mean, they like "defeated" him! Which is still dumb that they defeated him so easily!
Oct 2, 2011 8:17 PM

Jul 2010
DUES EX MACHINA BOMB

what the hell did i just watch?

5/10

Stupid ending to Ao no dues ex machina.

also mabeshiba is a pimp :D
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Oct 2, 2011 8:18 PM

Sep 2011
stormgoddess said:

- I always cringe whenever Shiemi appears :|

ME TOO!!! -__________-###
Ahh... anyway, I can't help but feel a little disappointed with the ending. I also give it a 7/10. :/
Oct 2, 2011 8:20 PM

Jun 2007
MAMESHIBA!!!!! MAMESHIBA!!!!! MAMESHIBA!!!!! MAME MA MAME SHIBA!

Ending was good. Wish they'd follow the manga but I can understand if they only had the green light for 1 season that they'd go this route. It was surprisingly good for original content. Still think the whole arc with everyone finding out Rin was Satan's kid was poorly done though.
Oct 2, 2011 8:30 PM

Jul 2007
Predictable ending, but good watch non the less. Am inspired to read the manga, so i guess the anime achieved its purpose.
Oct 2, 2011 8:38 PM

Nov 2007
lol okay. What a shitty, anti-climactic ending. You have to listen to the demons, eh, Rin? Why, then, are you killing them so easily?

Best part of this ep = the mameshiba ads, especially the one with the baby who spits the dummy. XD

Overall this series had good animation and art, and pretty good music (OPs/EDs). Voice talent was both bad and good. However the quality of the plot and characterisation took a sharp nosedive about 5-6 eps in and never really recovered. There were a lot of plotholes, inconsistent actions/dialogue from a lot of the characters, extra padding with filler eps and then rushed pacing with the last 6 or so eps. And don't even get me started on the ridiculous "Satan was just misunderstood!" sub-plot. It really felt like the writers didn't know what to do with the show or the characters, which is probably due to the fact that there isn't a lot of manga material. (This is why anime shouldn't be created until there is sufficent base material.)

I'm giving it a 3/10 despite all the flaws because it was mostly entertaining and the animation was good.
yamakasiOct 2, 2011 8:57 PM
Oct 2, 2011 8:45 PM

Feb 2010
sillyker0nian said:

The episode starts out strangely as we see Mephisto making a (demonic?) contract with someone who appears to be Leonardo DaVinci back in the 1800s'.

I guess you aren't familiar with the german tale and/or the classic play: "Doctor Faustus" by Christopher Marlowe. The old guy wasn't Da Vinci, it was Johann Georg Faust.... he makes a pact with the devil/demon "Mephistopheles (Mephisto)".. but is the only being in history to make Mephisto understand the strength and resolve of humans.

It was cool that they incorporated that into the show.

But yeah, overall the 2nd half of this series was vastly inferior than the 1st 1/2 (would gotten a 9/10 from me).....
I liked the ending... but I didn't like the moments after they see their mothers grave. "Ghost rider?" REALLY?!

7/10...
Oct 2, 2011 9:00 PM

Nov 2009
I'm currently having the same problem as a lot of people above, namely how to rate this series... it was great bordering on epic in its first half, easily getting 9 out of 10 from me. But the second half... oh boy, that second half... it's hardly even 7, more like 6 to me... now I can't decide what to give it as a whole - an 8 seems too generous because of the shitty anime original arc, but a 7 seems like underappreciation of the great first half... argh. Why did they have to screw up the second half so royally...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 2, 2011 9:10 PM

Mar 2009
10/10 for Shura's tits.

8/10 for the music.

1/10 for tsundere Satan.

11/10 for mameshiba.

Mostly, generic shonen is generic shonen. Too bad they killed off the best character in the show, Shiro.
5/10
Oct 2, 2011 9:24 PM

Jun 2011
I loved the series, and this end is nothing less than I've come to expect from it. A pretty epic bit of fighting going on, and the gang got their moment in the spotlight. The scene where the brothers visit their mother's grave was a nice touch - leaving the audience on a thoughtful note. My only complaint is that I couldn't help but feel that the Ghost Rider thing was kinda weird.

Btw, this anime has some EPIC MUSIC I'm definitely getting the soundtrack when it comes out :D First Call Me Later from episode 19, then the music which turned up in this episode.

Edit: Why do people keep complaining about Satan being less evil than he traditionally is? I personally prefer villains who AREN'T completely antagonistic. Plus, that he actually loved Yuri helps the two protagonists reconcile with the terms of their birth; they were born out of love, and their mother was a good person.
GenomaxOct 2, 2011 9:27 PM
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Oct 2, 2011 9:32 PM
Apr 2010
In all honesty, Satan wasn't such as a bad guy as people portrayed he was. his execution of his "dream" was well... crude, yes; but the ideal instilled in him was that of compassion. And the way the brothers said "I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR DREAM!", I was like wtf..... It made them sound more of the bad guys to me. But that's just me.

Also, in the ending; WHAAAATTT THE FFFFFFFFFFF is Celty doing in there????!!! roflmao
Oct 2, 2011 9:33 PM

Aug 2010
YAY ARTHUR RANDALL (is that his name? xD) FINALLY DID SOMETHING WORTH WHILE!!
I thought this end was so freaking epic. I haven't read the manga, so I wasn't excepting anything xD I thought the whole blue phoenix thing was freaking awesome!!
Hamaimon pose at the end was also epic lmao...

I can't wait for the movie omggg
Oct 2, 2011 9:56 PM
Jun 2010
Hmmm...Pretty cool episode although I can see why you guys say it's cliche. I like the whole light concept of reflecting the mirrors to lead it into the building and all. I also love the line Bon uses when that baldy monk kid asks if Okumura is going to be okay and Bon says "Of course, he's so stupid that if he were killed he'd forget to die." I wonder if that's been used somewhere before cuz I feel as if it could have. Still I really like that quote.

I think that Ao No Exorcist may pull a Fullmetal alchemist and after it's finished they'll make a remake like Brotherhood that will follow the manga to the end. If so the whole mom thing will probably not be the same as this one. Anyways Blue Exorcist is popular as hell in Japan so don't be surprised to see more of it in the future.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Oct 2, 2011 10:07 PM

Apr 2010
Those mameshiba commercials originally played when the episode aired. I guess it says something about the target audience.

I don't know why people are hoping for a Brotherhood remake of this show. The material was generally faithful to the manga, and unlike FMA which did a 180 on the Homunculi, the concept and characters are still generally the same.
(Plus I don't see what the big deal is about the series is in general.)

At the least there might be a second season of the show. I don't think it's very likely, however.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 2, 2011 10:11 PM

Mar 2009
Kuro is so cuuuuuute. LOL. Sorry, was all I could think about for most of the episode. I actually thought the phoenix thing was kinda cool. And lolwut. I thought the "ghost rider" was actually Rin and Kuro... the appearance of the actual one was kind of a letdown. And the twins' reaction to Moriyama... "ERK. SHE'S MAD! O_O" And this -
Ollyx2OxenFree said:
and Bon says "Of course, he's so stupid that if he were killed he'd forget to die."

+what someone said - what happened to Paladin? Second season yes or no?
Oct 2, 2011 10:20 PM

May 2010
MusashiRose said:
sillyker0nian said:

The episode starts out strangely as we see Mephisto making a (demonic?) contract with someone who appears to be Leonardo DaVinci back in the 1800s'.

I guess you aren't familiar with the german tale and/or the classic play: "Doctor Faustus" by Christopher Marlowe. The old guy wasn't Da Vinci, it was Johann Georg Faust.... he makes a pact with the devil/demon "Mephistopheles (Mephisto)".. but is the only being in history to make Mephisto understand the strength and resolve of humans.

It was cool that they incorporated that into the show.

But yeah, overall the 2nd half of this series was vastly inferior than the 1st 1/2 (would gotten a 9/10 from me).....
I liked the ending... but I didn't like the moments after they see their mothers grave. "Ghost rider?" REALLY?!

7/10...

Oh, well thats pretty cool then. Had no idea what that whole scene meant.

Overall, an enjoyable series. But I'm definitely gonna look into the manga now.

Baby-baby babyshiba~~
Oct 2, 2011 10:50 PM

Nov 2009
I wish they followed the manga but still they did a good job with original material.
Oct 2, 2011 10:59 PM

Sep 2011
IchigoHollowfi said:
I demand a REMAKE! XD Following the manga. >.<

Demand on remake denied. LOL
Oct 2, 2011 11:01 PM

Sep 2011
The only good part on this anime was Amaimon vs Rin battle.
Oct 2, 2011 11:17 PM
Aug 2011
It was a fine ending for what it was. Plenty of more story to tell so maybe if it sells well we will see another season. They could do a whole season alone over Mephisto, so much we don't know about him. Anyway decent finale, the phoenix was kind of cool. Also is it just me or is there something odd about Takara <_< I wanna know.

It's not the manga, it's the show and this is what they decided to do. If you like the manga keep reading the manga. Cause doesn't matter how much you wanted it to be just like the manga it isn't.

8/10
Tired_SmurphOct 2, 2011 11:22 PM
Oct 3, 2011 12:05 AM

Apr 2010
That was just fucking awful.
Oct 3, 2011 12:41 AM

Oct 2009
Well, I must say that was a great way of ending my birthday ♥

Been with the show for 25 weeks.. I'll miss this. Now to continue reading/buying the Manga~!
Oct 3, 2011 12:53 AM

Feb 2011
LOL is that Celty at the end xD

Mashibaa says

8/10
Oct 3, 2011 12:57 AM

Jul 2010
Soo... that was it? The ending was OK I guess. Just can't help feeling it was all a little rushed. It felt conclusive, but at the same time not at all. They didn't really defeat Satan per se. Glad they learned about their past though. Like where they were born and and how their mother was like. I can't really judge because I haven't read the manga. Maybe there'll be a sequel? Who knows. I'm curious what they'll be doing with the movie too.

In end a pretty enjoyable series. It had it's faults, like some pretty ridiculous scenes or pointless fillers, but that's to be expected. 7/10.

Oct 3, 2011 12:57 AM

Feb 2009
That was really good series enjoyed it enough action and other elements :) Ending was satisfying but it feels like it goes towards to second season well maybe it only me :D
Oct 11, 2011 10:02 AM

Nov 2009
meh it was alright. i hate yukio. he sucks. on the other hand. i like kuro. she does not suck. dat insert song was bomb.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2011 4:03 PM
Nov 2009
I loved it :D As long as everyone's happy in the end, isn't that ok? :D

It'd be even better if there was a second season, though. There's plenty they could still develop.
Oct 13, 2011 11:25 PM

Jun 2009
Disappointed, especially since I found the 1st half of the series to be 9/10 quality. I think what killed it for me was the Satan thing being a compassionate being at the end of the series. Its been done before. Hell, even Paradise Lost has moments of this. But Satan's softer side and respect towards Yuri don't reflect his actions AT ALL. He's even willing to sacrifice Yuri's offspring for his own selfishness. And then at the end he turns all:
Satan: Oh well Yuri....I tried to make your dream come true by trying to kill your children and destroyi...*ahem*I mean merge our worlds together.
Yuri: It's okay baby. Maybe next time ^_^
Satan: I guess...oh well....BYEZ!
Really, show?! Really.....
A weak 7/10. Too much sloppy writing near the end. And I'm one of the rare Shiemi fans that exist apparently lol
Oct 14, 2011 5:20 PM

Dec 2007
WHAT WAS THAT ?
Fuck you scenarists, seriously why can't you just follow the MANGA ??

5/10.
Oct 16, 2011 3:48 AM

Sep 2008
I'm so glad I'm not one of those biased people who have read the manga and bitch about the adaptation. Would be understandable if the adaptation was trash, but this isn't even all that bad.

That said, cliche in every way. Cliches aren't bad if they're done well, but this could have been done a lot better.

Good show overall, I'd say. Would recommend to shounen-addicts.
Oct 19, 2011 9:25 AM

Oct 2010
Ah, no, that didn't do it for me. This was a bad choice to give to my brother.

I had some severe high hopes on the first episode, only to have them all unfulfilled in the end. Last time plans and excessive fillers and forced developments and all, man...

A remake would've been good.
Oct 22, 2011 1:32 PM

Jan 2010
fancyfox said:
He's even willing to sacrifice Yuri's offspring for his own selfishness. And then at the end he turns all:Satan: Oh well Yuri....I tried to make your dream come true by trying to kill your children and destroyi...*ahem*I mean merge our worlds together.Yuri: It's okay baby. Maybe next time ^_^Satan: I guess...oh well....BYEZ!
Really, show?! Really.....

Hhahahhaha xD LOL this is so right at the point xD lol but I guess , for me, it's 10/10 I really liked this anime :D can't wait for the movie to come out :D And gotta read manga :D
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Oct 22, 2011 7:51 PM

Nov 2007
err wth was that Mephisto part in the beggining?

this got pretty freaking dumb at the end. a mirror of light? flying sword destroying the gate? .... could have been a 7/8 but the crappy ending made it a 6

puppet guy never did anything?

what about the Order? who's in charge now? why is Celty attacking? does anything make sense?
mystikOct 22, 2011 8:01 PM
Oct 22, 2011 9:33 PM

Mar 2010
Damn that motobiker reminds me of celty ! xD

by the way ..this kind of ending is not satisfying ... I can't believe they end
the anime series like this :( or perhaps they are planning to make a new season! :D

anyway overall is worth of 8-9/10 , but for the last episode @ episode 25 single-ly worth
4-6/10 :(

Lastly , I hope they gonna make a sequel :)
Oct 23, 2011 2:58 AM

Jan 2010
Really. Dissappointed.

I really love this anime in the beginning, then Shiemi appeared, I dislike her. Then she continue to annoy me everytime I watch this show.

And

Satan actually know how to love. ewwwww. *throw up*

I love the brotherly love, (like Elric brother), this anime really have to make a remake just like FMA.

And without Shiemi it will be better.

Going to read the manga then...
Oct 24, 2011 12:35 AM
Mar 2009
Okay...random old guy in beginning was random.

Giant flying Gehenna gate of doom is FIRIN' ITZ LAZERZZ! That was totally...uh, what? The two bros turn into a giant, fiery phoenix, that was pretty cool.

And then...credits. What? Then a 1 month time skip just like that? Ugh...random, useless battle in the end was also pointless. It was like everything in this episode ended once the ending rolled, but they decided to string out the last 8 minutes or so with useless crap.

That movie better be better than how this series ended.

I did find it funny how there was SO.MUCH.MAMESHIBA.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.