Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2011 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
KAIBA WAS AWESOME!!! LOL, the music when he summoned Obelisk was FREAKING AMAZING XD He crushed them all! :P Too bad his turn didn't make any sense - start with 5 cards, use pot of gree, so 6 cards. Summon the Dragon guy, 5 cards. Use 2 flutes, 3 cards. How could he summon 4 dragons from his hand?! Not to mention next turn he still had like 3 cards in his hand lol O_O Ah well, it was pretty awesome. Lol Yugi's just like KURIBOH! XD
Oh, Kajiki guy again :O I kind of forget about his fear ... he doesn't like the sea right? Pretty funny duel with Jounouchi haha XD Stupid guy :P I don't understand the devil dice though, 2600 / 4 should be 650, not 800 O_O Math fail again D;
Bakura and Malik ... wtf, they battle with their Darkness auras?! O_O Or something? Lol WTF that's just so weird XD Also LOL @ Bakura's hairstyle change when he goes into Yami mode ahahahaha XD
Mar 3, 2014 9:22 AM

Mar 2011
Wow, a lot of things happened this episode!
Kaiba is just too obsessed with Obelisk and Jonouchi is dueling with all Yugi old opponents. xD

Marik and Yugi hairstyles also change when in "yami mode", not only Bakura's.
Mar 14, 2014 8:45 AM

Oct 2012
Kaiba was so damn badass in this episode XD I guess the flute summones 2 dragons from their deck, not their hand, so his turn made sense. What I don't understand is, how often can he attack? He destroyed two monsters and both of the guys lifepoints. That must be 4 attacks at least :O
I like how Marco has the same german voice-actor as Gerard Butler, I always want him to say "Das ist Sparta!! xD" but the anime is older than 300, so that won't happen ._.
Bakura has the same german voice-actor as Piccolo, Roy Mustang, Mugen and Tsume from Wolf's Rain, that's pretty badass *-*
I wonder how Joey got on that island though... Did he just jump? :D
And Marco's first move was pretty risky, attack a hidden monster with a 800 ATK fish? I mean he did it, but that was huge luck xD
Bakura and Marik is a dangerous combination, I guess they'll fight tag-team against Yugi and Kaiba... THAT'S what I want to see :3
MarlogesMar 14, 2014 8:48 AM
May 11, 2017 6:31 PM

May 2012
Holy shit Kaiba's instant win! Pretty damn epic!!! And well that start of the battle in the end wasn't all that bad either... looking forward to see what's next!
Jul 30, 2017 9:21 PM

Aug 2013
Kaiba unleashed an insane combo, and Joey's duel with Mako feels so inconsequential compared the stuff going down with Marik.
Sep 5, 2019 5:18 PM

Nov 2016
Kaiba fucking destroyed those fools, imagine him having such a first turn against Yugi, tho xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 20, 2020 4:38 PM

Nov 2017
Kaiba just demolished some nobodies in the blink of an eye with his Obelisk! :-O

I find it a bit amusing how LittleKuriboh's portrayal of Mako Tsunami (Ryota Kajiki) is pretty spot on. Dude talks about the ocean/sea all. the. time!
Oct 28, 2021 11:26 PM

Aug 2019
EvianBubble said:
Too bad his turn didn't make any sense - start with 5 cards, use pot of gree, so 6 cards. Summon the Dragon guy, 5 cards. Use 2 flutes, 3 cards. How could he summon 4 dragons from his hand?! Not to mention next turn he still had like 3 cards in his hand lol O_O

He started with 5 cards, drew Pot of Greed on his 1st turn and drew 2 more cards for a total of 7. His entire play made perfect sense in terms of him having enough cards to execute his move, except that there were some animation errors a few minutes later that made it seem like he had extra cards in his hand. But speaking of that...

Kaiba's first turn was ridiculously convenient and if we ignore anime logic it almost seemed like he stacked his deck, especially since he drew Obelisk right after. Also I didn't like how Obelisk was able to beat both Rare Hunters even though its attack only should've hit one of them.

As for Jounouchi versus Kajiki I thought the manga version was more realistic since they dueled outside of the whale tank instead of in the middle of it. I also felt bad for the people since many of them probably didn't know what the hell Duel Monsters was and they came to see the whale show instead lol. Also in the manga Jounouchi used Chasm of Spikes on Flying Fish, which led to a funny scene where he got scolded by Kajiki. The Parasite Paracide scene basically replaced it, but I liked seeing Jounouchi use Chasm of Spikes again in the manga at least.
Early_MorningOct 28, 2021 11:29 PM
Dec 23, 2021 8:52 PM

Jan 2020
Now that I think about it I guess Kaiba didn't shuffle his deck lol.....
Mar 12, 2022 12:51 AM
Mar 2021
really good episode, mako was pretty chill w joey so that was nice
Apr 13, 2022 1:39 PM

Nov 2010
Kaiba was so excited to show off that Obelisk card of his.

That Parasite Paracide card is Jonouchi's bane. lol
Jun 28, 2022 5:56 PM

Sep 2017
Kaiba summoning Obelisk. what a G.
he really is obsessed with it.
friendship ended with Blue eyes .
Oct 2, 2022 11:55 PM

May 2012
vv1 said:
friendship ended with Blue eyes .

I was wondering what he was going on about when he brought out three of them, like this is the same combo you always do, why is it such a big deal. Then he sacrificed them to summon Obelisk and I knew it was going down.

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.