Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 7, 2011 6:44 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's out and Arnval Mk. 2 is totally adorable in the following,

she looks really innocent there.

While the action such as the following,

remained really good. I almost got the good action times of Strike Witches. Unfortunately I could not believe what the spoiler
revealed nor I understood how exactly is the damage and all. What I do know is that it looks to be some kind of parody thing about plastic figurines. Well they look like them once you see how big the crows are in the spoiler above but in fact I believe they are called Shinki. Well I don't think they are human at nor anything like it but they could be mini androids that fly think of Strike Witches but more machine less human.

Action promising and maybe some drama/emotions going around later on with that boy. Of all things, Konami does that? Action better as good as this episode for shorts like these. Although I do remember D4 Princess being good like this.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 7, 2011 6:51 AM

Nov 2008
This reminds me of Angelic Layer

The figures are created in a lab for some sort of top secret project, well at least we have some dark plot in this. Arnval is quite cute though, I wonder how Tsubasa will fix her up. Oh please keep the romance out of this.

Sep 7, 2011 7:42 AM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Oh please keep the romance out of this.
Yeah I know! There might be some, you know how some people are with their things but at least drama in terms of some dispute is good too. We want to know how emotions are in the Shinkis.

Sep 7, 2011 7:57 AM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
Oh please keep the romance out of this.
Yeah I know! There might be some, you know how some people are with their things but at least drama in terms of some dispute is good too. We want to know how emotions are in the Shinkis.

Drama is great, I would also love to know the Shinki's emotions but I don't want Tsubasa having a crush on Arnval, I know this is otaku fare but please just keep it an action/drama.

Sep 7, 2011 6:05 PM

Apr 2010
Certainly interesting, what ever happens I'll be following this.

Sep 7, 2011 7:56 PM

Jun 2011
Oh shizz. This is totally a super high tech Angelic Layer.

Tsubasa is the cutest darn thing I've ever seen, although it's so generic that he isn't popular in school. Nice show, will continue watching, wish it was longer though.
Sep 7, 2011 8:48 PM

Feb 2008
sky girls meets strike witches meets angelic layer.....
Sep 7, 2011 11:29 PM

Dec 2007
Wrong! You get a lovely dip in freezing cold -30*C Water! XD

Angelic Layer was the correct comparison! :P
Sep 7, 2011 11:34 PM

Apr 2009
Lovely first episode and expecting big things from this as a overly huge fan of the game series, figures and such. I'm seeing lots of potential.Too bad so few appreciate it, but whatever. <3 I only hope it's not going to be a super short running series.

*points to sig* That's a Busou Shinki but she's not going to be in this..
Sep 8, 2011 12:43 AM
Aug 2010
Hard to judge this after only five minutes, we'll see how it goes.
Sep 8, 2011 1:29 AM

Aug 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

I wonder is the CSC : Emerald, Sapphire and Amethyst?

I don't really like the setting of the story...since there's too many anime with same setting like the protagonist found the ??? from some places.
example Chobits, Kowarekake no Orgel and others. (yeah these are great anime)

and I don't like that they choose the protagonist as a kid...
Sep 8, 2011 3:27 AM

Dec 2010
It's like Cosmicbreak mixed with Angelic Layer lol. Since I always like hot girls in robotic suits, I'll be looking forward to this.

Damn, had me fooled there in the beginning. I thought they were human sized but I was wrong.
Sep 8, 2011 3:45 AM

Aug 2009
Plot and setting seems to be nothing special, but I really liked the atmosphere and bgm. Looking forward to next eps!
Sep 8, 2011 3:45 AM

Oct 2010
kisami said:
sky girls meets strike witches
I could agree with this but Angelic Layer I have not seen at all so I don't know.
Reo said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I wonder is the CSC : Emerald, Sapphire and Amethyst?
I myself wonder its composition. Hopefully they reveal the specs of those Shinkis.

Sep 8, 2011 3:57 AM

Oct 2010
Oh what's this? At first I thought Infinity Stratos, until I saw how tiny they were. So what this is based on some plastic figmas or something? (Love the designs btw.)

But yeah, five minutes is kinda short.
Sep 8, 2011 4:34 AM
Apr 2011
Lefake said:
Oh what's this? At first I thought Infinity Stratos, until I saw how tiny they were. So what this is based on some plastic figmas or something? (Love the designs btw.)

But yeah, five minutes is kinda short.

thats exactly what i thought. im glad im not the only one. as soon as it started i thought i was watching infinte stratos and then when she crashed onto the truck i was like. Hang on, is she really small or is that truck really big. then crows confirmed it for me. I loved the first ep and im looking forward to the next one
Sep 8, 2011 6:02 AM

Sep 2010
Kinda reminds me of that Angelic Layer series. The main Shinki is cute.

Can't wait for the next episode this sounds like a nice series even though the episodes will only be 5 minutes long.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 8, 2011 6:14 AM

Oct 2009
Cool series. I enjoyed the action and the shinki are cute! The plot of retrieving Arnval is interesting, along with that Yu-Gi-Oh! card battling goodness. But in 5 minutes!
Sep 8, 2011 9:29 AM
Apr 2011
What
Sep 8, 2011 10:34 AM

Apr 2011
It can be a very good show. Why episode i's so short? :(
Sep 8, 2011 12:09 PM

Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Well I don't think they are human at nor anything like it but they could be mini androids that fly think of Strike Witches but more machine less human.

Action promising and maybe some drama/emotions going around later on with that boy. Of all things, Konami does that? Action better as good as this episode for shorts like these. Although I do remember D4 Princess being good like this.

They're 15 cm tall figures with full AI that fire live projectiles at one another. They're basically mini-robots that are programmed to fight one another in a way that you fight with Pokemon, Medabots, or the more appropriate comparison - Angelic Layer. Google is your friend! :P.

Also, they can idle around in your room doing whatever or they can fight it out in arenas to win prices and such (i.e Angelic Layer).

You place three CSC cores into their chests to tell them what attributes to focus on - Attack, defense, mobility, dodge, terrain advantages, and etc. Somewhere in the show Arnval's chest armor gets broken and CSC's are exposed and short circuit her programming.
Sep 8, 2011 12:43 PM

Oct 2010
EuroSubstance said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Well I don't think they are human at nor anything like it but they could be mini androids that fly think of Strike Witches but more machine less human.

They're 15 cm tall figures with full AI that fire live projectiles at one another. They're basically mini-robots that are programmed to fight one another in a way that you fight with Pokemon, Medabots, or the more appropriate comparison - Angelic Layer. Google is your friend! :P.

Also, they can idle around in your room doing whatever or they can fight it out in arenas to win prices and such (i.e Angelic Layer).

You place three CSC cores into their chests to tell them what attributes to focus on - Attack, defense, mobility, dodge, terrain advantages, and etc. Somewhere in the show Arnval's chest armor gets broken and CSC's are exposed and short circuit her programming.
What are CSC cores? What are they and do what for functions.

Can program these with a laptop?

Sry but I did not listen to Angelic Layer nor any of your mentions but am familiar with Pokemons.

Sep 8, 2011 12:48 PM

Dec 2007

Sry but I did not listen to Angelic Layer nor any of your mentions but am familiar with Pokemons.

Think of CSC cores as very small marbles with attribute data stored on them. You place three of the desired CSC Cores into the Shinki before activation and they'll focus on such attributes when you boot them up. If you give them attack cores then they shall focus on attack and if you give them defensive types then they shall focus on defensive. Arnval's three cores were damaged by Starf at the beginning causing her to short circuit.

I'm unsure if you can program it with a laptop, I think its preprogrammed by the in-series manufacturer that makes Shinki's.

It's alright. Angelic Layer - Aired around 2002 and Busou Shinki came out at around 2006 with the Anime this year.

OP of Angelic Layer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awJ8hmdLu_4
Sep 8, 2011 12:50 PM

Oct 2010
EuroSubstance said:

Think of CSC cores as very small marbles with attribute data stored on them. You place three of the desired CSC Cores into the Shinki before activation and they'll focus on such attributes. If you give them attack cores then they shall focus on attack and if you give them defensive types then they shall focus on defensive. Arnval's three cores were damaged by Starf at the beginning causing her to short circuit.

I'm unsure if you can program it with a laptop, I think its preprogrammed by the in-series manufacturer that makes Shinki's.

It's alright. Angelic Layer - Aired around 2002 and Busou Shinki came out at around 2006 with the Anime this year.

OP of Angelic Layer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awJ8hmdLu_4
Cool thanks for the explanation. That sucks that Arnval was so damaged but Arnval's face is nice.

Sep 8, 2011 12:52 PM

Dec 2007
Cool thanks for the explanation.

You're welcome. If you want to study everything Shinki there is more about the cores here:
http://battlerondo.wikia.com/wiki/CSC_Cores

------

Edit: So Arnval's three CSC Cores might be focused on Attack, mobility, and SP growth.
EuroSubstanceSep 8, 2011 1:11 PM
Sep 9, 2011 1:29 AM

Jul 2011
This seems like it will be pretty good. The armor on the broken shinki sort of reminds me of KOS-MOS armor from Xenosaga. Wish the episodes were longer than 5 minutes though.
Sep 9, 2011 10:44 PM

May 2010
So this is about....a boy and his Barbie dollie?
Sep 10, 2011 6:07 PM

Jun 2009
Somehow along being cliche it was heartwarming...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 13, 2011 6:01 PM

Oct 2010
MICRO MOE MECHA

=]

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Sep 14, 2011 8:08 AM

Apr 2011
It reminds me of Angelic Layer, Infinite stratos, and KOS-MOS from xenossaga series combined.

Animation quality is high but I'm disappointed on how incredibly short this is. Yeah, I know this is ONA, but still...
Sep 15, 2011 6:55 PM

Dec 2010
Pretty interesting. I never knew they were small action figures until she dropped from the truck and the crows picked her up. She looked life-sized before that.

Sep 16, 2011 11:27 PM

Feb 2010
Oh no, you didn't have to bring in some whiny little brat. Lame romance and "you can't go / do that" coming up.
Sep 18, 2011 5:42 PM

Feb 2010
DesolateOne said:
Pretty interesting. I never knew they were small action figures until she dropped from the truck and the crows picked her up. She looked life-sized before that.

I had that same moment.. I was like.. OH DAMN she's tiny!

pretty good 5 mins...
Sep 23, 2011 2:55 AM

Jul 2011
When exactly is the second episode of this going to be released?
Sep 23, 2011 1:24 PM

Apr 2011
Very short but I liked what I saw, it has potential to be good.
Sep 26, 2011 9:26 AM

Jan 2010
not bad but i would like the anime to release a lil faster i hate long waits >.< gundam unicorn already taken about 10 years off my life as it is >.>
Sep 27, 2011 6:25 AM
Aug 2008
I feel like how Krusty the Clown felt at the end of Worker and Parasite
Sep 27, 2011 8:54 PM

Jul 2009
Hrm ... well that was interesting ... so these Shinki things are just miniature dolls? I swear they were normal human size when they were fighting ... hrm ... O_O
Well so he finds the girl who was defeated, and then she's special for some reason ... well ... let's see how the second episode goes o_O
I seem to have watched a bad video, it had weird colour flashing and stuff O_O Very odd D:
Oct 16, 2011 6:28 PM

Oct 2010
Trinish said:
I feel like how Krusty the Clown felt at the end of Worker and Parasite

hahahaha I feel bad that I instantly knew what scene and reaction you're talking about

Anyway, does anyone know when the next episode will be up, and how long this will be?
Oct 16, 2011 7:09 PM

Jul 2011
shinytentacool said:
Trinish said:I feel like how Krusty the Clown felt at the end of Worker and Parasite
Oct 18, 2011 2:30 PM

Oct 2009
They are.... tiny xD

Need a DVD/BD of this.
Oct 19, 2011 10:56 AM

Jan 2011
Hey all,

The reason there haven't been any more episodes of Shinki is because there are no available raws. Busou Shinki: Moon Angel was available on the Japanese PSN network to owners of the game for a small fee per episode, and unfortunately there was no way to capture the video.

The status of the show is up for debate too. There is speculation that the series was completely cancelled, which may explain the lack of information on the internet.
Oct 21, 2011 11:37 AM

Apr 2011
So we just get one episode and the show completely disappears after that? Nobody has any information on this series? :/ Sucks, I liked that cute little mecha-girl. Even with a giant hole through her heart.
Oct 30, 2011 11:21 PM
Sep 2010
gKrow said:
Hey all,
The reason there haven't been any more episodes of Shinki is because there are no available raws. Busou Shinki: Moon Angel was available on the Japanese PSN network to owners of the game for a small fee per episode, and unfortunately there was no way to capture the video.
The status of the show is up for debate too. There is speculation that the series was completely cancelled, which may explain the lack of information on the internet.

Apparently, on the main site, the delivery of the episodes have been suspended but they will later announce a way for us to view later episodes or something.
Nov 7, 2011 10:29 PM

Dec 2007
gKrow said:
Hey all,

I wouldn't say cancelled because a blu-ray is being sold "soon" with all the episodes. Or so I been told and read the last time I checked. Did a quick search and it says blu-ray release on March, 15th, 2012

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/busou_moon_angel/index.html?style=busou_potal

I'm still waiting to see what Konami is doing with this show, they haven't treated their own line properly as of late. They killed an MMO (Battle Rondo) and many are not happy with that.

Edit: Seeing as how this is PSN related I'm guessing it has something to do with the delays of BattleMaster Mk. II DLC content. One problem effecting another from the looks of things.
EuroSubstanceNov 7, 2011 10:42 PM
Nov 7, 2011 10:43 PM

Jul 2011
I like it !

When it comes out the epi 2?
Nov 18, 2011 7:36 PM

Dec 2007
Now that the Shinki DLC's are out for the PSP Battle Masters MK 2 game you can expect the second episode to come this Thursday, November 24th, 2011! Maybe a day earlier if you keep prodding at the Japanese PSN store with a Japanese pre-paid card in hand.
Nov 19, 2011 1:21 AM

Jul 2011
EuroSubstance said:
Now that the Shinki DLC's are out for the PSP Battle Masters MK 2 game you can expect the second episode to come this Thursday, November 24th, 2011! Maybe a day earlier if you keep prodding at the Japanese PSN store with a Japanese pre-paid card in hand.

Hopefully this means I can finally look forward to a second episode :)
Nov 24, 2011 8:25 PM

Dec 2007
On the Japanese PSN if you guys want it. 400 yen for ep 2, purchase it how you want or be patient and wait for it to appear on Torrent whenever XD.
Nov 28, 2011 5:23 PM

Apr 2011
Unfortunately I'm in the US and don't have access to Japan's superior PSN :/ They get all the good Disgaea DLCs too ... damn Japanese keeping all the good shit to themselves ;p
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Busou Shinki Moon Angel Episode 10 Discussion

JoeLT - Mar 31, 2012

21 by bushman66 »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:03 AM

Poll: » Busou Shinki Moon Angel Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jul 21, 2014

1 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:17 AM

Poll: » Busou Shinki Moon Angel Episode 8 Discussion

1 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:15 AM

Poll: » Busou Shinki Moon Angel Episode 7 Discussion

1 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:13 AM

Poll: » Busou Shinki Moon Angel Episode 6 Discussion

1 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.