Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 12, 2018 7:47 PM

Jul 2015
You’re kidding. THIS is what happens in Trigun?! I’m d o n e
Knives? More like guns and shooting. Vash take notes
Oct 21, 2018 6:51 AM
Nov 2015
This episode was SO tough to watch...
I'm so happy that Milly and Wolfwood finally got together, but I'm so angry that they couldn't be together because he was taken away...
Regardless, this was a damn good episode and I'm so anxious to see how this series is going to wrap up. I'll write my review and then watch the film.
Nov 12, 2018 7:29 AM

Mar 2012
It's all Vash fault. RIP Wolfwood :(
Dec 7, 2018 8:59 AM

Nov 2015
RIP Wolfwood, you'll be missed :(
May 21, 2019 7:14 PM
Jan 2015
I honestly don't ever post on Mal but re watching the series and the nostalgia. It actually hit hard again seeing wolfwood death despite not remembering this show after such a long time.I just had to express this since I really enjoyed this series again.

There were actually hints in previous eps that built up to Nicholas involvement with the gun ho and knives. When vash went back home the puppet was concern about the priest and wolfwood knew his name and what his skill was.The fact that wolfwood reunited with vash and had already knowledge of the gun ho.

This little journey definitely left a impact on wolfwood and even thou he knew it was coming to the end he did give it a try vash way. Looking from his prospective on not taking life even if it meant it could save another life. I don't blame vash at all for his death. That was on Nicholas and seemingly fondness for his teacher who also at the end of battle didn't not want to take his life with legato manipulation.
May 22, 2019 3:56 PM

Jul 2016
Vash did everything wrong tbh. Anyways, I hope we reach the conclusion, so far the pacing has been atrocious.
May 28, 2019 6:50 AM
Apr 2016
I felt so bad for Wolfwood, he was sooo conflicted over his own feelings...he did it to save one he wanted to save more. He did right. Well, he died, sad, unfortunate... Good episode.
Jun 25, 2019 10:33 PM

Oct 2017
The 180 turn of Wolfwood's actions and character was fantastic although I think his backstory needed an episode of its own to cap off his death.

The animation has certainly gone down but not to the lengths of the last episode.

I should not have watched this the day Etika passed I was already crying.
Aug 15, 2019 2:53 PM
Jul 2019
This ep was sad but the real question is did he at least smash ?
Aug 15, 2019 2:59 PM
Jul 2019
This ep was sad but the real question is did wolfwood smash ?
Sep 3, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
So basically Nicholas dies because he took advice from Vash not to kill his opponent when he had the chance to... all this show is teaching me is that Vash is an idiot.
Nov 27, 2019 4:32 PM

Aug 2017
This was a really sad episode. Wolfwood listened to Vash and took his advice to heart only to get killed. He saved Vash just to die himself how ironic. It wasn't his time to go.
Jan 21, 2020 7:49 PM

May 2018
This episode made me cry. R.I.P Wolfwood.

SPRING

May 30, 2020 1:39 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What the hell, noo, I really, really wanted him to live, by far he and Milly were the best characters AND couple in the show.
Jun 25, 2020 12:13 PM
Jan 2019
I’m so heartbroken he died, he was honestly one of my favourite characters. I felt so bad for Milly at the end of the episode, I ADORED the relationship and the chemistry she and wolfwood shared.
Aug 6, 2020 7:48 AM

May 2016
Even if he was a Gung-Ho Gun and an assassin by profession, Wolfwood was a genuinely good man who stuck with his friends in the end. It was really sad to see him go and Milly being the most devastated one out of them over his loss was simply heart-breaking... He might've survived and led a happy life with her and their children after all this if he didn't let his guard down but I don't want to blame Vash for this.

Aug 24, 2020 2:57 AM
Nov 2017
The number of people in this thread hating Vash for "corrupting" Wolfwood and leading him to his death is honestly shocking to me.

I think it's fairly clear from following Wolfwood's character that he has a good soul. He's the kind of person that would have loved to be like Vash or Rem. It's the world around him that has corrupted him. He says himself how much he hates this planet. He's never enjoyed killing, but the world has always forced him to.

The big culmination of this is when Wolfwood shoots and kills a child. How can any of you have missed this? The utter remorse and sorrow he feels for shooting a young, impressionable child, compounded by the regret when he learned that it might not have even been necessary, was the straw that broke him. He hates to kill. It's against his nature, but the world has made him refuse his nature and kill anyways.

When he's then asked to kill the only person who has ever exemplified his good nature in the flesh, he comes to a final conflict of self. He can choose to succumb to the world, kill the man who defines his own nature, and kill those who come for him. Instead, however, he chooses the opposite. Even after killing for all his life, even after killing a child, he finally embraces his own nature and genuinely puts his trust into Vash.

When he refuses to kill his teacher, that's not him succumbing to fate like a weakling. That's him finally embracing who he has always wanted to be. He won.

His final confession, to me, reads like this: His only regrets were not living his own way sooner, so that the world could be closer to his peaceful ideal, and that he has to die so soon after finally realizing what it is he wants to be. He's happy to have finally had this victory, but he's sad that he won't go on to see the aftermath. He acknowledges that he has perhaps been doomed from the start. It's a tragedy, but it's bittersweet. His good soul finally shined through, even if only for a moment, even if only at the very end. Wolfwood won.
Sep 24, 2020 6:20 PM
May 2020
This is what I didn't like about the show when I first watched it. Wolfwood is considered one of the main characters, but he was barely in the show at all. šŸ˜­I wish the show could have been longer and we could have developed his relationships with the main cast more!
Of course God will forgive you if you just give it all to him, you should know that Mr. Priest! If you really know God, then you will get to see Millie again! I am sure of it!

This was such a perfect episode, but I wish it could have been a two-parter and not so sudden!
Sep 28, 2020 1:57 PM

Dec 2007
woloof episode,that was twisty and dramatic together, didn't thought that wooloof were worked for knives.

the fact the wooloof and milly were "together" was kinda fast...

and seriously, what was the point of that guy being invisible anyway ?
Mar 6, 2021 1:13 AM

Jun 2015
Good job Vash and Meryl, you made Wolfwood die because he was manipulated by your stupid ideology.
Mar 26, 2021 4:55 AM

Feb 2015
I don't know if it's because I already knew Wolfwood was going to die because of a spoiler I read before, but I didn't feel anything when he died, even though I quite liked the character. Milly crying kind of got me, though.

I don't really agree with the majority opinion that says Wolfwood was killed because he was "infected" with Vash's idealistic morality. Wolfwood already had doubts on his way of doing things and his encounter with Vash just forced him to reflect a little bit more on his own principles. It just revealed that he wasn't actually fine about his current way of life, and Zazie's death shows it well: he would have still regretted killing him without Vash, but without Vash he would have brushed the guilt off, too weak to fully face what he has done. Regretting killing the kid could have not lead him to be soft on his master, he could have both regretting killing the boy and killed Chapel because it was necessary... However, his lack of conviction didn't let him to do so. His encounter with Vash just revealed he wasn't really convinced by his own principles, and he actually admits before dying that he hated his way of living and was tired of it. In the end, his own weakness got him imo, and that's why he was a good character, a conflicted, humane one (not like Vash who is way too idealistic and is just denying reality).
EckhartPilgrimMar 30, 2021 12:42 PM
Mar 30, 2021 7:04 AM

Feb 2020
Yea had a good idea Wolfwood was either one of or some affiliate of the Gung Ho Guns since I believe the Puppetmaster referred to him as "Chapel the..." before getting cut off, but I was not ready for that. That church scene almost got me to cry lol.
Aiaigasa said:
The 180 turn of Wolfwood's actions and character was fantastic although I think his backstory needed an episode of its own to cap off his death.

The animation has certainly gone down but not to the lengths of the last episode.

I should not have watched this the day Etika passed I was already crying.

If that happened to me I would've been crying for days, RIP the goat
Apr 7, 2021 12:54 AM

Jun 2015
EckhartPilgrim said:
and he actually admits before dying that he hated his way of living and was tired of it.

Well yes, but no; literally just a few seconds before he dies, he once more questions his methods if they were actually right or wrong, dying in a state of confusion.
DeagoApr 7, 2021 12:57 AM
Apr 7, 2021 1:00 AM

Aug 2020
kungfutornado said:
What I don't get is that, at the begginning, he seems at peace with his death, then gets back up and saying he doesn't want to die, then he has this peaceful like face on once he.. you know....

I guess I can't really understand because I haven't been in that situation though. Must be a wave of different emotions.
Anyway, I think this was one of the most sad episodes, even though I had no emotional bond or attatchement to Wolfwood (except when he is regretting his past mistakes and cries in Milly's arms)

I think it was more his accepted his death at some level but then flashes of the people in his life (Meryl, Vash, and of course Milly) and what could have been really twists the regret inside its really sad the last moment of his life he regret
May 22, 2021 4:49 PM
May 2020
Am I the only one that doesn’t care for wolfwood? His voice in dub made me not like him lol
May 22, 2021 5:34 PM
May 2021
Emotionally exhausting. This anime evolved so subtly over time, and goes so far. A lot of other properties could take notes concerning character and plot development.
May 23, 2021 11:12 AM
Nov 2020
Garbage vash is a giant ass pussy what a letdown..... From 9/10 to 6/10.... I get that he doesn't wanna kill anyone but for fk sake are you really not going to kill when your friends life are at stake.... Worst garbage character... Here i thought he was gonna be a badass like the around the first 12 eps of the series.... But he became a literal pussy second half of the series
May 23, 2021 11:12 AM
Nov 2020
Garbage vash is a giant ass pussy what a letdown..... From 9/10 to 6/10.... I get that he doesn't wanna kill anyone but for fk sake are you really not going to kill when your friends life are at stake.... Worst garbage character... Here i thought he was gonna be a badass like the around the first 12 eps of the series.... But he became a literal pussy second half of the series
Jun 16, 2021 7:19 PM

Jun 2020
dam he rly ded huh.
Sep 12, 2021 9:39 PM

May 2019
Alright a bit of Wolfwood's past.

RIP to one of the coolest characters. Great story and redemption arc.
Dec 29, 2021 9:07 AM
Nov 2020
You know a character is gonna die when they tell you their back story in the same episode
Jan 20, 2022 2:37 PM
Aug 2020
this epi hit hard.
Jul 13, 2022 2:15 AM

Apr 2018
If he just pulled the trigger…
Jul 31, 2022 5:06 AM
Jul 2021
why just why!!! there has to be a another way.
Aug 31, 2022 6:03 PM
Dec 2021
Damn. All I can say is...damn.
Oct 30, 2022 4:45 PM
Aug 2020
Holly fkn shi noooooooo AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Honestly, blowing some kids brains was pretty much a death flag, but damn, I wish he could've repented somehow. Oh well, fug, it is what it is, I mean, damn, I can see why it took the direction it took, but I wish it didn't. In the end, Wolfwood managed to find the way to redemption, but at what cost? Redemption ain't easy and all, innit? Damn. Heavy episode.
Dec 8, 2022 6:40 PM

Jan 2020
Again, it's really interesting to see Wolfwood and Vash explain their own feelings about Zazie's death while trying to navigate the others. Especially since it culminates in yet another clash with the two.

I also like how Caine committed suicide after losing to Vash. It's just the start of what he mentioned, "Everyone who touches me dies." I think it's a rather genius move on Knives' part, considering Vash is so insistent on pacifism. "You're going to deal with death one way, or another."

Lastly, Wolfwood's death scene is most definitely my favorite scene in the entire series.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 17, 2022 4:47 AM

May 2015
RIP Wolfwood, you were really the best man...
Feb 21, 2023 5:17 PM
Mar 2021
Que tristeza, fiquei o ep praticamente todo com um bolo na garganta e quando acabou ainda tive q respirar um pouco, enxugar as lagrimas e beber um copo de agua.
Mar 6, 2023 2:50 AM
May 2017
Good bye, Wolfwood.
Mar 13, 2023 1:43 PM
Sep 2017
Very touching, great ending of his story, great work on the art direction and sound direction for the more emotional bits

Wolfwood will be missed
Queer stuff entusiast
Mar 13, 2023 1:46 PM
Sep 2017
TeAmoTortuguita said:
Que tristeza, fiquei o ep praticamente todo com um bolo na garganta e quando acabou ainda tive q respirar um pouco, enxugar as lagrimas e beber um copo de agua.

Sim! Essa doeu muito, acho q vou até dar um tempo antes de assistir o resto
Queer stuff entusiast
Mar 14, 2023 8:49 AM

Nov 2016
Poxa Wolfwood. Poxa.
Eu chorei. Admito.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"I’m feeling sentimental
Without you, my room is empty
I’m feeling sentimental
Feels like yesterday you were laying
Only a few centimeters away from me"
Mar 23, 2023 8:07 AM

Jan 2021
Bro this is fucked up I didn’t want him to die like that this honestly sucks

Jun 19, 2023 7:25 AM

Apr 2016
*shrugs* sad for Milly, hopefully they used protection :p

Legato's shenanigans just ruin whatever tension they try to build.
Sep 9, 2023 12:43 PM

Mar 2021
Farewell, Wolfwood, you will be missed.
I'm not sure if something actually happened between him and Milly even though there were some hints, but they had a good friendship anyway.
Nov 18, 2023 5:22 AM
May 2023
NOOOOOOO, WHY WOLFWOOD?!?!

Anyway great episode.
Dec 8, 2023 8:29 AM

Jan 2021
RIP to the best character in the series undoubtedly

god did those final scenes leave a hole in my heart
Dec 19, 2023 12:52 PM

Mar 2022
Ah god Wolfwood died! No he was one of the best characters in the show. I’d like that he spend some time with Millie before he had to go off and see his former master and we found out that he was in league with Knives but he’s gone right before the finale. Poor Millie losing him like that was heartrending to watch.

The episode was just sad in general, Vash has lost what was his once closest ally. I really did think he was going to make it all the way through the show but it wasn’t to be I’m afraid.
Jan 9, 5:04 PM
Feb 2022
R.I.P Wolfwood

Spanish translation: Descansa en paz Wolfwood
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 9, 2008

68 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 23, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 8, 2008

55 by nightjasmine »»
Apr 22, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 8, 2008

67 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 19, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kinda disappointed

Tomi3b - Apr 5

44 by SafeEntity »»
Apr 18, 12:59 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

72 by PSX_Aloe »»
Apr 14, 5:50 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.