Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2011 5:08 PM

Aug 2009
Vick six years $100M $40M guaranteed.
Aug 29, 2011 7:17 PM

Aug 2008
SoFarGone said:

Tsk. They shoulda waited till they actually got some results out of him.

Y'see Aaron Rodgers with that kind of contract? No.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 29, 2011 8:27 PM

Jan 2009
Where are they getting all this money???
Aug 30, 2011 8:42 AM

Jul 2011
I really want the Titans to sing CJ2K .''I like the titans"Is like my second team.
Aug 30, 2011 9:48 AM

May 2011
Vick's deal is risky seeing as he gets injured a lot.

@ Titans PAY THE MAN.
Aug 30, 2011 8:02 PM

Mar 2011
Looks like Peyton Manning is still going to be out for a couple of weeks to start of the season. What are the chances the Colts break 11 wins this season?
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Aug 30, 2011 8:18 PM

Aug 2008
itsthatguy said:
Looks like Peyton Manning is still going to be out for a couple of weeks to start of the season. What are the chances the Colts break 11 wins this season?

The real question: Will the Colts remain in playoff contention?
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Aug 31, 2011 1:33 AM

Jun 2009
The Titans have already stated that they will make Chris Johnson the highest paid RB in the league if he comes into camp. But he wants be among the highest paid players in the entire league. What he fails to realize is that RB is becoming an increasingly expendable position in the NFL, so he doesn't have as much leverage on the Titans organization as he might think.

Teams are throwing much more, and they are using multiple halfbacks in their offense instead of a traditional everydown RB. Most of teams with the top RBs in the league (Vikings, Jags, Titans, Texans) didn't make the playoffs last year, while the last two Super Bowl Champions (Saints, Packers) had average RBs.

In addition, a RB's skills tend to deteriorate at an early age, due to the amount of contact they absorb game after game. So it wouldn't be wise for Titans to make him to invest to much money in a player who might slow down in a few years. And it's not like the Titans are a Super Bowl caliber team with him in the lineup.

So I think Johnson should just accept the Titans offer of being the highest paid RB because it wouldn't wise for the Titans to invest that much more money on such an expendable position.

Note: The highest paid RB (Adrian Peterson) makes $10.7 million as his base salary, while Chris Johnson's base salary is $800,000.
rpatwaterAug 31, 2011 1:39 AM
Aug 31, 2011 7:53 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Most of what you said is true, but take a look at those teams with the best RBs that you mentioned. Vikes had no QB help and a fairly weak secondary. Texans had the worst defense in the entire league. The Jags and Titans both have nothing but a good RB. Its not like you can't win with a great RB, you just have to give the man some pieces around him.

Take a look at one of the most surprising teams last year...the Chiefs. They came out of the cellar and got to the playoffs purely on their RB play. Unlike the teams mentioned before, the Chiefs were at least decent at nearly every other position. The Titans simply HAVE to pay this man or they will definitely regret it.

CJ2K is only 25 years old. The doomsday age for the RB is 30. In addition, he has missed only 1 game in his three year career (and that was his rookie year). It would be impossible to find any player (besides QB and Peterson) who can match his 3-year stats.

4,598 rushing yards
1,008 receiving yards
38 Total TDs

Adrian Peterson is very close, but he has been playing for a much better team during that time period. AD has 4,441 rush 902 receiving and 41 Totals TDs.

CJ2K a bit greedy? Yes. Unfortunately, the entire NFL is a bit greedy, so its hard for me to hold that against him. The Titans better pay him or someone else will. The kid is electrifying.

With all that said, GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 31, 2011 11:19 PM

Jun 2008
OK seriously, the whole "CJ2K" thing is super annoying and it's a stupid nickname or whatever...

The guy is great but even if he rushes for another 2000 yards this season, the Titans are still a 5 or 6 win team....AT BEST.

KyuuAL said:
itsthatguy said:

The real question: Will the Colts remain in playoff contention?

I never thought the Colts would be questioned on whether or not they'll make the playoffs, but reality looks grim for them.

I'd hate to be so Pessimistic, but I think Manning and the Colts are DONE.

The truth is, you can only be so great for so long, especially in the NFL....Manning has had an unbelievable career so far....4 MVPs, 2 AFC Championships, and 1 Super Bowl Ring.

But he was off last year, and now he's going to miss some games, and who knows if he's still the same guy from 2 years ago.

Oh well, the Colts had a great run and at the very least they got to hold the Lombardi Trophy.....I don't feel bad for them at all....the last time my team held the trophy, my parents had still not even met each other.
Sep 1, 2011 2:41 PM

Aug 2008
Yea, sucks to be a RB. They won't last as long as QBs - especially with rules adjusted to coddle those white folks.

Sep 1, 2011 2:48 PM

Jun 2009
4 year/$53 million extension for Chris Johnson. I bet fantasy football players across America are breathing a little easier now XD

Also, most RBs start slowing down at age 28. No RB would rushed for 1,000+ yards last season was older than 28.
alexcampos said:

Meh, their division seems to be fairly weak this year (almost as bad as the NFC West), so they'll have a chance.

However, the Houston Texans are clearly the best team on paper in that division with or without Manning on the Colts. But they have underachieved the last 3 years, so...
Sep 1, 2011 9:48 PM

Mar 2011
BlackKnight27 said:
4 year/$53 million extension for Chris Johnson. I bet fantasy football players across America are breathing a little easier now XD

Also, most RBs start slowing down at age 28. No RB would rushed for 1,000+ yards last season was older than 28.
alexcampos said:

Meh, their division seems to be fairly weak this year (almost as bad as the NFC West), so they'll have a chance.

However, the Houston Texans are clearly the best team on paper in that division with or without Manning on the Colts. But they have underachieved the last 3 years, so...

It is weak so they still have a chance, at the same time though the Colts have (almost?) never had to play a game that mattered without having Peyton Manning and it sounds like Reggie Wayne isn't too happy about them signing Kerry Collins. The Colts did have a good run and Peyton still has a few years left, but he has still been in the league for over 10 years now. If he doesn't come back fairly soon I'm saying that the Texans win it.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Sep 1, 2011 10:12 PM

Apr 2011
SoFarGone said:

Knowing the karma of the Eagles they'll eat that one for the next dozen years.

Some scum towns just don't deserve a Super Bowl. The other teams know this. If the refs can screw the Seahawks out of one, they can screw the Shitbirds too. Three.
Sep 4, 2011 4:07 PM

Aug 2008
Fantasy Draft in less than one hour. Prepare your anuses >:D

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=365075
KyuuALSep 4, 2011 4:23 PM

Sep 4, 2011 4:13 PM

Jun 2011
lol i pick twice in a row
Sep 4, 2011 4:18 PM

Apr 2011
D: I nearly forgot. Whew
Sep 4, 2011 6:28 PM

Aug 2008
OK. I'll say it right now:

XD

Sep 4, 2011 6:29 PM

Jun 2008
Fun Draft....I got Vick, Gore, Reggie Wayne, and Big Mike Williams just to name a few.

I'll enjoy kicking all of you asses this season.

KyuuAL said:

XD

LOL bro, Mark Sanchez was still available...
Sep 4, 2011 6:33 PM

Apr 2011
KyuuAL said:

XD

I would be willing to trade you Eli for a reciever not out on week 11 :p
Sep 4, 2011 6:37 PM

Jun 2009
KyuuAL said:

XD

Oh shit...I'm by no means a colts fan but that sucks for the entire league.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 4, 2011 7:14 PM

Apr 2011
insan3soldiern said:

It sucks for KyuuAL, who drafted Peyton, and it sucks for me, I drafted 3 Colts.
Sep 4, 2011 7:19 PM

Jun 2008
VioSlink said:
insan3soldiern said:

It sucks for KyuuAL, who drafted Peyton, and it sucks for me, I drafted 3 Colts.

Yeah, I also drafted 1 Colt (Reggie Wayne).

However, Indefinite doesn't mean ALL SEASON....I do expect Manning to come back this season.
Sep 4, 2011 8:04 PM

Apr 2011
alexcampos said:
VioSlink said:
insan3soldiern said:

Yeah, I also drafted 1 Colt (Reggie Wayne).

However, Indefinite doesn't mean ALL SEASON....I do expect Manning to come back this season.

I hope he comes back within a month, but I doubt it. I have ridden Colts in my Fantasy Football teams for years. Patriots too, but Colts have been more reliable for me, fantasy football wise. NOW it bites me in the ass XD

I got Addai, Collie, and Vinatieri.
VioslinkSep 4, 2011 8:07 PM
Sep 4, 2011 8:06 PM

Jun 2009
I guess this means that Kerry Collins becomes a viable back-up QB option in fantasy football leagues. I don't think that the draft stock on the Colts receivers (namely, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark) should drop too much. Kerry Collins is a serviceable QB, and the Colts will probably be throwing the ball a whole bunch this season because they'll be behind in most games this season (since they aren't a good team without Peyton) and their running game is horrible. I'm just trying to put a positive spin on things for people who own Colts players in their league :)

The Colts defense's fantasy draft stock probably took the biggest hit. They relied on Peyton and the offense to get them ahead in the game, then they could unleash their superb pass rush on defense since the opponent would throw the ball more. Since this won't happen with Peyton hurt, the Colts defense isn't even draftable now.

Unfortunately, it may be time for Peyton to hang up his cleats. Neck injuries are nothing to mess around with. And he's arguably the most accomplished QB in NFL history.

Also, no excuses for Texans not to win the AFC South, if Peyton is out for several weeks.
rpatwaterSep 4, 2011 8:13 PM
Sep 4, 2011 8:12 PM

May 2011
Ouch Colt fans better hope it ain't true since it ain't confirmed yet. They're done if he is, Collins doesn't look good there.
Sep 4, 2011 8:15 PM

Apr 2011
Collins lives for Haters, it motivates him to outperform expectations, but he is old and getting older on an unfamiliar team.
Sep 4, 2011 11:00 PM

Mar 2011
Screw you guys with your fancy MAL fantasy football draft >:O haha

KyuuAL said:

XD

Lol sorry, u mad bro :D?
Sep 5, 2011 12:05 AM

Aug 2009
KyuuAL said:

XD

let the Favre rumors begin again
Sep 5, 2011 1:13 AM

Jun 2008
SoFarGone said:

LOL don't jinx it, he's crazy enough to come back.

Anyways, I'm going to stick with Reggie Wayne....yeah, he's not going to catch as much without Peyton, but he's still got the talent to put up numbers, even with Kerry Collins at QB.
Sep 5, 2011 2:26 AM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:
SoFarGone said:

LOL don't jinx it, he's crazy enough to come back..

If Favre comes back, I rub my nipples. XD

Sep 6, 2011 2:00 PM

Aug 2009
SoFarGone said:
KyuuAL said:

XD

*Rigby voice* STOP TALKING!
And the dude from The Lake House is all "WHOA!"
Sep 7, 2011 1:48 PM

Aug 2008
Well... looks like Brett Favre's streak is safe. XD

Manning will not play in Sunday's regular-season opener at Houston, bringing an end to his streak of 227 consecutive starts, including the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82204d85/article/streak-ends-colts-manning-ruled-out-sunday-collins-to-start?module=HP11_headline_stack

I swear... if it weren't for Favre, the consecutive start streak wouldn't even be in discussion. And unlike Favre, Manning hasn't even taken as much of a beating.

Sep 8, 2011 2:30 PM

Aug 2009
Saints over Packers tonight
Sep 8, 2011 2:36 PM

Aug 2008
SoFarGone said:
Saints over Packers tonight

Go Saints! Up yours fudgePackers. XD

DA BEARS

Sep 8, 2011 4:03 PM

Jun 2008
And God said....."Let there be football.....and he saw that it was good"

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

It's CHRISTMAS in September bitches....get your bodies ready for football greatness!

Now some predictions:

Green Bay Packers 31 New Orleans Saints 21

Mardi Gras in Lambeau Field baby...
Sep 8, 2011 4:44 PM

May 2011
Cant fucking wait for the game to get started!
Guess I'll be rooting for dem Saints this game.
Sep 8, 2011 6:47 PM

Aug 2008
I missed most of the 1st quarter... makin' a ton of food... to eat... during the game. Awww, yea. Good food. That's the stuff.

BURP

Sep 8, 2011 7:03 PM

Mar 2010
ohhh man i missed this game so much!! great first half!
as a chargers fan i was surprised to hear sproles is a saint now but after that punt return.. how can i stay mad at him? love the little guy. plus the saints have mark ingram on the bench how insane is that? they're running game is gonna be sick this year!
Sep 8, 2011 7:40 PM

Jun 2008
LOL....can I get a little Defense...

Packers 35 - Saints 21

....and will still have 8 mins of the third and the full fourth o_O
Sep 8, 2011 7:58 PM

Aug 2008
>4th and 1
>pass play

WWRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Sep 8, 2011 8:12 PM

Jun 2008
KyuuAL said:
>4th and 1
>pass play

WWRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

LOL, not a good idea at all....

OH WAIT....Green Bay just scored another TD...

DAMN 42-27.....I love how Al Michaels says these are the top two defenses in the NFC.
Sep 8, 2011 8:45 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm, for the fantasy league. I'm considering slightly altering the scoring system so that the minimum yardage for any player to count for any scoring is less than 50 yards.

When I set it, I thought it'd work fractionally. Apparently, there's a minimum.

Sep 8, 2011 8:50 PM

Jun 2008
HOLY SHIT....what a game!!!

I can't believe it ended that way.

Congrats to the Pack, Brees played unbelievable, and the Pack still won.
Sep 8, 2011 8:52 PM

Feb 2009
Packers D has some holes but they made the big plays when it mattered most. phew

crazy game
Sep 8, 2011 8:55 PM

May 2011
That was hella close, damn Brees sure made some big plays in the last drive.

Great game to start the season.
Sep 8, 2011 9:01 PM

Jan 2007
Should have given the ball to Thomas instead of Ingram :<

KyuuAL said:
Hmm, for the fantasy league. I'm considering slightly altering the scoring system so that the minimum yardage for any player to count for any scoring is less than 50 yards.

When I set it, I thought it'd work fractionally. Apparently, there's a minimum.

Pierre Thomas, 31 yds rushing, 37 yds receiving = 0 fantasy points D:
Sep 8, 2011 9:07 PM

Aug 2008
Faust721 said:
Pierre Thomas, 31 yds rushing, 37 yds receiving = 0 fantasy points D:

Bingo, and that's not right.

D:

So, I hope points get recalculated after adjustment.

EDIT: Posted for reference

Passing
Every 50 passing yards (PY50) 1.25
TD Pass (PTD) 6
Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2
2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2

Rushing
Every 50 rushing yards (RY50) 3.33
TD Rush (RTD) 6
2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2

Receiving
Every 50 receiving yards (REY50) 3.33
TD Reception (RETD) 6
2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

Readjusted:
Passing
Every 1 passing yards (0.03)

Receiving
Every 1 receiving yards (0.07)

Also added 0.5 pts per reception (just like we had it in Yahoo!)

Rushing
Every 1 rushing yards (0.07)

Rounded to nearest 100th. Point adjustments retain original proportions.

Apparently, ESPN changes the 0.07 to 0.08. Don't know why.
KyuuALSep 8, 2011 9:19 PM

Sep 8, 2011 9:08 PM

Dec 2008
payton cannot call a run play in critical moments to save his life, the packers were stacked in the middle of the end zone with no one on the outside... u give the ball to ur fastest player, sproles, and run it outside in this situation

im so pissed right now. greg williams better rape the defense a new asshole
Sep 8, 2011 9:12 PM

Aug 2009
Best season opener in a while. I didn't think that was pass interference though.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.