Forum Settings
Forums

A Sex Offender - for sleeping with own Wife

New
Jul 27, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2008
Btw, I was tempted to spell it as "waifu". Kekeke.

He’s labeled a sex offender — for sleeping with his own wife
They had sex when she was underage; now he’s on public registry with pedophiles

When Frank Rodriguez and his future wife first starting having sex, they considered themselves just two of millions of teenagers who were in love.

However, their love was against the law in Texas, so Rodriguez soon joined a more exclusive group, one in which no one seeks membership: He became one of more than 650,000 registered sex offenders in the United States.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43909060/ns/today-today_people/

And with 4chan style green-texting:

>Texas

Just mentioning the state of Texas will help you realize the situation.

Now with this case in mind, why couldn't marriage nullify the categorization? And answering my own question -- that'd be one heck of a loophole; which may risk others who were legit pedos... to... oh... do it again.

A list created to protect children from predators soon included a man who would go on to become the proud father of four daughters.

Yet, by law, is he supposed to stay away from his own children? Lolers.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 27, 2011 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
>Implying he wont rape his daughters as well
Jul 27, 2011 2:04 PM

Jun 2008
KyuuAL said:
>Texas

As someone who lives in the "South" (Florida) let me just say how HORRIBLE, BACKWARDS, and FUCKING RETARDED the South really is.

Every day I dream about South Florida (The GOOD part of Florida) breaking apart from North Florida (the same as Alabama).

As for Texas....there is NO salvation for that state, their idiot Governor is as Religious crazy as you can get and stories like this are COMMON for that state.
Jul 27, 2011 2:05 PM

Jul 2011
there are already too many loopholes when it comes to pedophiles and sex offenders.
the sad part is, some of the 'pedophiles' aren't really pedophiles, as such.
Jul 27, 2011 2:08 PM

Mar 2011
She was under-age I guess at that time.. But if this happened just recent it would be acceptable if he was charged... But not if it was done 15 years ago..
Jul 27, 2011 2:11 PM

Jul 2011
Alfyan said:
She was under-age I guess at that time.. But if this happened just recent it would be acceptable if he was charged... But not if it was done 15 years ago..

i'm sure statute of limitations would protect him from a crime that old, i'm not sure what the limit is on statutory rape, which is what he should have been charged with.

alexcampos said:
KyuuAL said:
>Texas

As someone who lives in the "South" (Florida) let me just say how HORRIBLE, BACKWARDS, and FUCKING RETARDED the South really is.

Every day I dream about South Florida (The GOOD part of Florida) breaking apart from North Florida (the same as Alabama).

As for Texas....there is NO salvation for that state, their idiot Governor is as Religious crazy as you can get and stories like this are COMMON for that state.

fuck the south as well, i currently live in middle tennessee, but i lived in south florida, and i have the same wishes for poor sfl, nfl is a crock of twits.
Jul 27, 2011 4:29 PM

Mar 2009
That's illogical... it doesn't make sense but that's how some things are.
Jul 27, 2011 5:05 PM
Feb 2010
It's a shame we lump "sex offenders" into one giant category. We should make two group: Sick sons of bitches who deserve a bullet in ole' cranium, and technical offenders who did things consensually with a minor and get and should barely deserve a slap on the wrist.

I mean, if a 19-year-old football player screwed my 15-year-old daughter, I'd be going apeshit, but I don't think the government should get get involved in their consensual sex lives or in my non-lethal assault, battery and mental abuse.
Jul 27, 2011 6:32 PM

Jun 2009
nerb said:
It's a shame we lump "sex offenders" into one giant category. We should make two group: Sick sons of bitches who deserve a bullet in ole' cranium, and technical offenders who did things consensually with a minor and get and should barely deserve a slap on the wrist.

I mean, if a 19-year-old football player screwed my 15-year-old daughter, I'd be going apeshit, but I don't think the government should get get involved in their consensual sex lives or in my non-lethal assault, battery and mental abuse.

Well, technically they are separate offenses, it's just that they're both sexual offenses, so it only natural to lump them together. I do agree, though, that they should be separate, and perhaps even open up the ability for people like this Frank Rodriguez guy to appeal and get off "the list." The problem is that people like to lump as many people together as possible into neat little easily defined categories.

But still, the law is not exactly ambiguous about minors and sex. It's illegal, always, no matter the circumstances. I'm not saying I agree, but it is clear.
AbstractCalamityJul 27, 2011 6:35 PM
Jul 27, 2011 8:48 PM

Jul 2008
Kaz2013 said:
dude you live in Texas what do you expect.
Ron Paul is from Texas, so your argument is invalid.
Jul 27, 2011 8:53 PM

Oct 2009
Lol, a list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2011 8:58 PM

Aug 2008
Defiance said:
Kaz2013 said:
To think, Ron Paul is the only sane guy in the state.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jul 27, 2011 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
KyuuAL said:
Defiance said:
Kaz2013 said:
Sometimes I feel he is the only sane person in the country.
Jul 27, 2011 9:06 PM

Jul 2011
in some circumstances, like say, an 18 year old fucking his 15 year old girlfriend, they'll put him on the list, but for say only, 5 years, or whatever.
in the extreme cases there is no getting off the list but depending on the circumstances of the 'statutory rape' charge, you can get off the list.
Jul 27, 2011 9:45 PM

Oct 2009
America - a judicial tyranny.

Jul 27, 2011 11:08 PM

Aug 2008
Don't stick up for the pedo he evil man for sleeping with the underage girl!

I will live on no matter what... so I can meet you once again.
Jul 28, 2011 12:54 AM

Jan 2011
My state has problems, I know.

But think, this law was designed to protect minors. It's a case of good intentions gone wrong. I think the DA should have declined to prosecute in the first place.

AnimeKraze said:
He's not a pedo, he had consensual sex, which is not rape in my book. Age of consent laws here are bogus, they need to be changed.

Definition of rape (it should be):
Any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
kuroshi_nazoJul 28, 2011 1:25 AM
Jul 28, 2011 2:04 AM

Aug 2008
kuroshi_nazo said:

But think, this law was designed to protect minors. It's a case of good intentions gone wrong. I think the DA should have declined to prosecute in the first place.

AnimeKraze said:
He's not a pedo, he had consensual sex, which is not rape in my book. Age of consent laws here are bogus, they need to be changed.

Disgusting sick man!

I will live on no matter what... so I can meet you once again.
Jul 29, 2011 9:12 AM
Jul 2011
AnimeKraze said:
kuroshi_nazo said:

AnimeKraze said:

Disgusting sick man!

Are you sure you know anything about this case?

I mean, it happened 15 years ago, and they're like... married now?
UnsignificantJul 29, 2011 9:23 AM
Jul 29, 2011 10:29 AM

Sep 2008
He was 19 and she was 15 when they had sex, that's what usually happens, why is this news?
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jul 29, 2011 10:39 AM

Sep 2007
Man, guys, you know what's cool? Insulting Texas and the people who live there. That's probably one of the coolest things you can do.

Stay cool, bros.
Jul 29, 2011 11:24 AM

Apr 2011
KyuuAL said:
Defiance said:
Kaz2013 said:

I'm living in Texas. Thanks a lot.

As for being a pedophile, I think that there should have to be at least 3 years difference in age. Like if someone is 16 dating a 15 year old, there's no way I would count the 16-year-old as being a pedophile.

Jul 29, 2011 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
Location Location Location also time time time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2011 1:06 PM

Jul 2008
AnimeKraze said:
kuroshi_nazo said:

AnimeKraze said:

Disgusting sick man!

I can't tell if you're being serious? A 19 year old slept with a 15 year old, and her mother reported it out of spite.

I did the same thing, (actually, he already turned 20, the age difference is five and a half) except I had that luck that at the time Canada's age of consent was 14...*rolls eyes* Two weeks before my sweet sixteen, no less. Go ahead, tell me about how I married a sick pedo, because we had sex as two teenagers, think about real hard and see if it makes a smidgen of sense.

It doesn't make him sick or disgusting. Anyways, this is just ridiculous.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Jul 29, 2011 1:20 PM

Jan 2011
Can't he and his wife just deny it ever happened, say that whatever admission they previously did was just a lie.
How would they prove it?
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Jul 29, 2011 3:04 PM

May 2008
Growing old stinks.

And those ages between minor and young adult are rough. Especially with the current morality about age issues with have today. At an age like 17 or 18 or 19 or so, you still feel like a teenager, and often have the maturity typical of one. You're not used to looking at a 15 or 16 year old and saying "I'm an adult now, so I'm no longer allowed to look at them sexually and that's wrong." It's a hard transition for anyone to stop being attracted to the same people they were attracted to when they were hormonal teenagers. And when you're a late teen and young adult, you're often not mature enough to realize the consequences will set upon you if you date and have sex with a minor.

A 17 or 18 year old just often isn't mature enough to realize they're not supposed to date and sleep with a 15 or 16 year old. So my feelings go out to how many people's lives have been ruined due to this.

Heck, I still am shaking off feeling like a teenager myself. Me, being in my twenties. I may be pretty well known around here for the Loli and Shota stuffs, but I'm not attracted to real kids. Well, not often. Even I every once in a while find myself accidentally having thought of a teenager sexually. Especially 16 to 17 year olds who I can mistake as a young adult. And have to shake myself out of it because I'm not a teenager anymore and I can't be attracted to the same people I used to. I'm still in the growing pains of getting out of being attracted to the same people I was attracted to so many years as a teenager. Luckily, I at least know better in action, and not just attraction, that I would never dream of dating someone younger than me. I would prefer to date someone my age anyway, because I figure that we would have more in common. ... and better education and job qualifications.

Speaking of which, I was just getting that feeling lately when getting back into some old Japanese idol stuffs that I loved as a teenager. I kept up with Hello!Project members when they were around my age. Like W and the like. And when I look at those videos, I'm noticing I'm being attracted to teenagers again just like I was when I was a teenager myself and first got into them. Then I feel dirty and confused. Should I have grown out of being attracted to people I knew and didn't know as a teenager, and was attracted to? Because the feelings obviously didn't die, and that's considered a mentally illness and mentally sick by our society. Is it wrong, and how does one stop being attracted to people they were attracted to as teenagers?

Jesus Christ, that means I have photobooks of Japanese teenagers I bought when I was a teenager, that I still own now! That I'm... *gulp*, still hold a little bit of the same feelings for. Am I sick? I look like a pedo at least still owning them. Sigh. I miss being a teenager and not having guilt over this sort of thing.;_;

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jul 29, 2011 4:24 PM

Apr 2009
Foggle said:
Man, guys, you know what's cool? Insulting Texas and the people who live there. That's probably one of the coolest things you can do.

Stay cool, bros.
I know right? I kind of want to go back to school and get a 2nd degree, maybe an Honours in Behavioral Sciences. For my thesis, I was thinking about writing about the lifestyle of inbred, redneck, morbidly obese, etc. etc., Texan hicks. Way cool, am I right?
Jul 29, 2011 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
Foggle said:

Stay cool, bros.

Here ya loud and clear on that!
Jul 29, 2011 6:00 PM

Sep 2007
ReaperEXE said:
I know right? I kind of want to go back to school and get a 2nd degree, maybe an Honours in Behavioral Sciences. For my thesis, I was thinking about writing about the lifestyle of inbred, redneck, morbidly obese, etc. etc., Texan hicks. Way cool, am I right?

EphemeralPrince said:
Here ya loud and clear on that!

<3
Jul 29, 2011 9:48 PM

Jan 2010
LOL.... this is so shockingly appalling it's funny.. Wow, rofl. I thought rape couldn't happen with consent? Or in this case assault?
Jul 29, 2011 10:28 PM

Jan 2010
Texas is a big ol' state, I don't know which part of Texas you all get your assumptions but from my area I get more diversity and cultures here than probably all the other states I've used to live in or travel too.

As for the rape, pedo, or whatever big deal about sex, I can't see how this landed in GD, I hear similar stories in local news and CNN once in a while.
Jul 30, 2011 3:45 AM

May 2008
Important_Nobody said:

As for being a pedophile, I think that there should have to be at least 3 years difference in age. Like if someone is 16 dating a 15 year old, there's no way I would count the 16-year-old as being a pedophile.

Jul 30, 2011 8:13 AM

Apr 2011
Onitenshi said:
Important_Nobody said:

Is the "..." for thinking that he would be a pedophile? Like, they were dating for a while, he turns 16 first, and now he's suddenly a gross pedophile who should be arrested?

Or is the "..." for thinking that my statement was obvious, or I should have gone further by saying there can be a greater difference in age.

Or maybe the laws are different where you live, so the age of 16 wouldn't be an adult, or perhaps 15 years old would be considered an adult. Therefore, my argument wouldn't have worked where you live, warranting a "...". which would be like a face palm moment.

I'm not trying to rant against you, I'd just like to know what you meant.

Jul 30, 2011 1:52 PM
Apr 2011
What were their ages at the time of the first time?

I mean, what, is it something stupid like him being 20 and her being 17? I'm guessing it's something along those lines and there's no reasoning behind it.
Jul 30, 2011 10:53 PM

Apr 2010
It's how life and the world is sadly.. The South really is messed up. I should know..I live in it and hating it.
Jul 31, 2011 3:18 AM

May 2008
Important_Nobody said:

Or maybe the laws are different where you live

Maybe you forget the law for a second and realize that a 15 year old is not an object of interest for pedophiles anymore...that doesn't change with the age of the guy.
Aug 1, 2011 3:37 AM

Mar 2009
So, did he become a registered offender recently? And how long ago does the case say that they had sex? I mean, if it was YEARS ago, why even bother bringing it up? It was consensual, and they're married now, so I wouldn't bother with it.

But whatever, it's Texas.
Aug 2, 2011 8:50 PM

Jul 2008
And anyway, I find it hilarious that attraction to a 15 year old has some people calling an adult a pedophile, when technically, that makes him a possible ephebophile at best. Bwahaha!
Vinter said:
Can't he and his wife just deny it ever happened, say that whatever admission they previously did was just a lie.
How would they prove it?

Probably not. I assume some sort of court hearing was arranged, and admitting you lied in court is no good either.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Aug 3, 2011 1:12 AM

Dec 2010
Nika-senpai said:
Vinter said:
How would they prove it?

Probably not. I assume some sort of court hearing was arranged, and admitting you lied in court is no good either.

Not to mention the entire point would be missed. -_-
Aug 3, 2011 7:22 AM

May 2011
I'm not sure of Texas laws but I believe would be somewhat the same as Florida's view on minors having sex.... Its said that ( and this is just the passage not my own words) No "Child" (child being under the age of 18) may engage in any form of sexual act that may bring harm or put them in a dangerous situation. This being solidified by a "Child" may not enter into any contract involving monitary or marriage without express permission from the parents and the state. Now with the last in mind if they married without consent the marriage is void. On the his part he knew the law and yet he did it anyway... Guilty, Case dismissed...
I GOT SCURVY!!!!!!!!!
Aug 3, 2011 10:37 AM

Apr 2009
What the hell? *facepalm* Poor man...

You know what would be pretty hilarious though? If he was 18 and she was 17 at the time..
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Aug 4, 2011 9:51 AM

Aug 2007
Shit like this is always pathetic. He's not a rapist and he's not a sex offender.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.