Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 18, 2011 11:11 AM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
viMALMay 30, 2019 2:36 PM
Jul 18, 2011 11:22 AM
Jul 2011
While I didn't enjoy this episode quite as much as the previous one I did think the last few scenes with YuixKyoko interaction was rather cute. I haven't read the manga so I'll have to take your word on where it deviated, regardless this is shaping up to be a really good series and is probably my favourite of the season.
Jul 18, 2011 11:41 AM

Nov 2008
Yui x Kyoko loli yuri was nice. Kyoko trying to advance on Chinatsu was funny too bad she was stopped by Yui each time.

Jul 18, 2011 12:52 PM

Jun 2010
Living alone in a apartment can have it's consequences, but it's not all bad, from my point of view that is. Beach episode already. It's about that time already anyways.

Anime Rule: If there are 3 or more female characters revolving around the main character, then there will be a swimsuit episode.

Jul 18, 2011 1:05 PM

Jul 2010
nice episode... can't wait for next.. himawari and sakurako tsundere fights ftw. (sakurako was blushing while making angry face in preview) xD
Jul 18, 2011 1:21 PM

Aug 2010
I thought Kyoko would try to seduce Yui when they were going to sleep.
Jul 18, 2011 1:38 PM

Nov 2008
the Kyoko Yui focus episodes are the best ones. Besides they are my ship ;) Kyoko Yui since... well they were toddlers lmao they are each others perfect fit .. and they already fight like a married couple xD
Jul 18, 2011 1:57 PM
Dec 2007
sirwence said:
the Kyoko Yui focus episodes are the best ones. Besides they are my ship ;) Kyoko Yui since... well they were toddlers lmao they are each others perfect fit .. and they already fight like a married couple xD

Why hello there, fellow (osanajimi) shipper xD And it looks like the animators like that idea, too, otherwise they would've never added those scenes. Ship-wise, this is the most fulfilling Yuru Yuri episode for me so far, next episode's probably gonna be all Ayano/Kyoko shiptease again thanks to Chitose's fantasizing. I don't really know why, but only Sakurako/Himawari and Yui/Kyoko seem to give off that "couple"-vibe, the rest is either purely one-sided or product of a yuri fangirl's fantasy :P

Funny thing is that Kyoko, who always pines for Chinatsu suddenly starts competing with her and brags about how she borrowed this and that from Yui xD Now perhaps she just wanted to make clear that Chinatsu has no chance with Yui and should choose her instead, or...I'm overthinking it xD
viMALJul 18, 2011 2:09 PM
Jul 18, 2011 1:59 PM

Nov 2008
geezer said:
sirwence said:

Why hello there, fellow (osanajimi) shipper xD And it looks like the animators like that idea, too, otherwise they would've never added those scenes. Ship-wise, this is the most fulfilling Yuru Yuri episode for me so far, next episode's probably gonna be all Ayano/Kyoko shiptease again thanks to Chitose's fantasizing. I don't really know why, but only Sakurako/Himawari and Yui/Kyoko seem to give off that "couple"-vibe, the rest is either purely one-sided or product of a yuri fangirl's fantasy :P

Well you more or less nailed it down there, can't say much more :P (until the next episode) .. I need to get myself a nice Yui/Kyoko Avatar gif haha - Nice profile pic btw good update
Jul 18, 2011 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
- They just cut off Akarin in the middle of her talking. D:
- The pictures of Kyoko, Akarin, & Yui were cute.
- Poor Kyoko, Chinatsu wants nothing to do with her.
Jul 18, 2011 3:13 PM

Sep 2008
Yui was so adorable when she was small. Now she's all big with a snazzy PS3.
That loli yuri scene sure looked more delicious than the rum raisin though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2011 3:32 PM

Dec 2009
This show is great

Kyoko is still my favourite ^^

4/5
yuno6.jpg
Jul 18, 2011 3:41 PM

Jun 2008
  • Well, it's pretty obvious that KYOKO is the boss of this show...

• I'm now thinking Kyoko X Yui might be the best couple...

• Chinatsu and Akari are useless and should go away....

• NEEDS A LOT MORE YURI!!!!

• Cute episode, but kinda boring....3/5
  • Jul 18, 2011 4:33 PM

Oct 2010
    This episode was Kyouko eccentric. In fact I wanted to jump Kyouko so bad with her face in the following,

OMG that was so delicious and her bath fan service was just right as well as the plastic bowl in the face in the spoiler
    That was great. Loved seeing Kyouko running and having this expression was hilarious to see of her. The sudden mood change to being enthusiastic towards a totally devastated disappointment was a plain nice mix. When Kyouko wrote Akari’s name on her hand, her expression of a nice blush expression on her face was wonderful. Kyouko’s face in the spoiler
    is the 2nd one I liked in this episode.
    Kyouko with spinning eyes was mesmerizing a little. Kyouko had great expressions in Yui place such as waving her hands, pointing towards herself and raising up her hand with that voice. I liked how she took matters into her hands to have a visit of Yui’s place. It’s pretty spanking clean and I liked how the camera angel switched to a overhead view in the spoiler
    that was another nice way to show Yui’s place.

The next best thing of Kyouko x Yui is the following picture,

MOE overload meter blowout. How cute and hnnnnnngggggg can you get. Kids are so innocent. I am melting too much sometimes. For a girl to like rum raisin flavor ice cream in the spoiler
    I admit she has taste of a adult. So much she likes it that she bowed to Yui in getting her that. I did laugh that Kyouko did not do anything while the rest cooked but she did redeem herself with her fantasy in the spoiler
    and attempted kissing on Chinatsu, which unfortunately got stopped by Yui. I also did not like stupid Yui to have prevented Kyouko in groping Chinatsu here. Liked seeing Kyouko eating ice cream before going to sleep at Yui’s place and seeing them sleeping in the same futon in the spoiler
    was Yuri all vibes everywhere especially as Kyouko was smelling Yui’s sweat.

Some other elements I noticed,
    • Anyone seen the UFO above Akari’s head in the spoiler
      I wonder if Akari will have an alien abduction?

• I loved seeing Chinatsu naked fan service in the spoiler
      and I do wonder if it will uncensored in the DVDs with a nipple slip because there is some steam there.

• There was a tentacle reference with Akari/Kyouko in the spoiler
      it’s more hair tentacle rape but it was interesting that this form was included in the series.

• I could not believe it but there is a funnel Gundam reference in the spoiler
      it has to do with Akari’s hair and Kyouko delusions but looks like a reference.

• Reference to PS3 in the spoiler
      yup I noticed right away and the RPG played on it did also remind me of a game but I can’t remember which one.

• Loved Kyouko’s face in the spoiler
      my 3rd favorite TBH. She was just too adorable imitating a puppy.

• According to the time clock in the spoiler
      they went to sleep at 10pm? Early but I do know the time frame is near May month.
    It was a nice Kyouko episode.

About preview, are we going to have some saucy Himawari fan service in the spoiler
    and some ninja star throwing. This shall be interesting.
    Yumekichi11Jul 18, 2011 4:36 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
    Jul 18, 2011 5:44 PM

May 2011
    WHERES THE BOOB GROPE OR THE HOT MAKEOUT OR THE SWEET ON TOP ACTION?!
    Jul 18, 2011 5:48 PM

Feb 2011
    Augh..... still can't decide on my favorite yet.

Applecrack said:
    WHERES THE BOOB GROPE OR THE HOT MAKEOUT OR THE SWEET ON TOP ACTION?!

WHERE IS ITTTTT
    Jul 18, 2011 6:25 PM
    Apr 2011
    Oh god, I really like this show.
    Kyouko is a good friend, though she may be annoying sometimes.
    Jul 18, 2011 6:44 PM

Feb 2011
    geezer said:
    Funny thing is that Kyoko, who always pines for Chinatsu suddenly starts competing with her and brags about how she borrowed this and that from Yui xD Now perhaps she just wanted to make clear that Chinatsu has no chance with Yui and should choose her instead, or...I'm overthinking it xD

I always got the impression that Kyouko really likes Yui, a LOT, both from the manga and the anime so far. She's interested in Chinatsu mostly because Chinatsu looks like Little Witch Miraku-run than because she loves her or anything. (I think cosplay rape sums up the Kyouko -> Chinatsu desires for the most part, not that I remember that ever happening. Just seems to fit with Kyouko's personality and interest in Chinatsu.) ( ̄ー ̄)

So Kyouko alternates between liking Chinatsu because she's Little Witch Miraku-run incarnate, and being jealous of her because Chinatsu also likes Yui. ヾ(´・ω・`)
    Jul 18, 2011 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
    I'm seriously watching this just for Kyouko

The other girls are too bland for me.
    Jul 18, 2011 8:55 PM

Aug 2009
    OH SHET!! THATS IT!! I WANT YURU YURI HENTAI MANGAS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jul 18, 2011 9:00 PM

Aug 2009
    deathman619 said:

(AKARI AND CHINATSU H MANGA OF COURSE..Kyouko IS ALSO OK) (CANT EDIT MY POST MY COMPUTER IS LAGGING)
    Jul 18, 2011 10:13 PM

Sep 2010
    This show is fucking hilarious.
    Jul 18, 2011 10:24 PM

Jan 2009
    Loled at the beginning's Akarin. There was a UFO up there!
    And no Akarin on the screen... I wonder how they will make her in next episode...

Kyoko and Yui's relation was warm and fuzzy. They have been supporting each other as good friends. Sometimes Yui seemed embarrassed by Kyoko's close attitudes... It means she...?

But I felt the tempo of gag conversations was kind of bad. I think they need speedier tsukkomi.

geezer said:
    there was no explanation about what happened after the kouhais left) and added some (yes, who'd have thought that) emotional depth to Yui and Kyoko's relationship.

I think the scenes were added on independent book.
    Jul 19, 2011 1:07 AM

Dec 2010
    My head almost exploded from the Kyoko moe.

Wagging her tail around...mmmm...
    Jul 19, 2011 2:36 AM

Aug 2010
    Kyouko centered episode...LOVED IT!

5/5, the 24 minutes went by so fast...
    Jul 19, 2011 4:15 AM

May 2008
    Yui would probably look nice with long hair :X and i wanna see how akari look without her buns too XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
    Jul 19, 2011 5:54 AM

Oct 2010
    -Quasar said:
    I'm seriously watching this just for Kyouko

The other girls are too bland for me.
    ROFL! I was going to say the same thing except it only applies to Yui. Can't connect with her much but she is still OK just cannot connect well with her.
    deathman619 said:
    There shall be some made. Most likely during the comic convention in Japan. I think it shall be this time C-80. Well around that time the fan stuff should come out of that.
    taro_sado said:
    My head almost exploded from the Kyoko moe.
    Wagging her tail around...mmmm...
    Yeah me too, those were like killer MOE moments. Dangerous for the MOE meter.

Jul 19, 2011 7:38 AM

Apr 2011
    I want to eat you, Chinatsu-chan. XD

I suddenly laugh when Kyouko said that and Chinatsu quickly hide behind Yui's back.
    Jul 19, 2011 9:11 AM

Feb 2011
    prismheart said:
    I thought Kyoko would try to seduce Yui when they were going to sleep.

I forgot that this is just a Shoujo ai, why am I expecting something more from that part too. =_=
    Jul 19, 2011 10:24 AM

Feb 2010
    I like this blond girl, she straight tells the pink hair one she wants eat her up LOL real good

She disappoint me when she was sleeping with her friend, I was assuming she would pull off some lesbo shit. But got nothing.
    Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
    Jul 19, 2011 10:38 AM

May 2011
    This was the best episode yet. I loled at this episode.

@ Yumekichi11
    I saw the UFO
    Jul 19, 2011 11:25 AM
    Apr 2010
    Damn, I was expecting yui to seduce kyouko by the end of that futon scene. :( but funny ep nonetheless
    Jul 19, 2011 12:47 PM

Apr 2010
    Not as enjoyable as the previous episodes but a bit a story is also nice.
    Kyouko is certainly lively and it's a shame we never got the see the vice president again with her tsundere behavior.
    Jul 19, 2011 1:30 PM

Sep 2009
    Whoa... if the quality is kept at this level this will be one of the best of the season.
    9/10
    Jul 19, 2011 3:58 PM

Sep 2008
    Okay, this show is rapidly becoming freaking hilarious. The misleading opening was just priceless. I think the very concept of a character who seems like she should be the main character because of all the main character cliches she displays, but doesn't get any time in the spotlight because of how bland she is for that very reason is just worth it's weight in gold.

Someone should be taking notes because that right there. That is how parody is done.

Yui is awesome and blondie is great when she's with Yui. Not so much when she's with Chibiusa.

Also books

Yumekichi11 said:

yup I noticed right away and the RPG played on it did also remind me of a game but I can’t remember which one.

• Looks like dragon quest to me.

Yumekichi11 said:

it’s more hair tentacle rape but it was interesting that this form was included in the series.

• That whole thing seemed to me like a callback to the gag in Azumanga where Osaka has a similar set of fantasies about Chiyo's buns.
    Jul 19, 2011 8:29 PM

Oct 2010
    Gangler said:
    Yumekichi11 said:

Now that you mention, I do think it could be from the latter series of whom I never played it.
    Gangler said:
    Yumekichi11 said:

That whole thing seemed to me like a callback to the gag in Azumanga where Osaka has a similar set of fantasies about Chiyo's buns.
    Could be but I never saw the show but you are right that the parodies seem to be much better in this anime than other animes who failed at them.

What is your IMO on why their execution is done well?

Jul 20, 2011 1:18 AM

Sep 2008
    Yumekichi11 said:
    Gangler said:
    Yumekichi11 said:

Now that you mention, I do think it could be from the latter series of whom I never played it.

Dragon Quest 7 particularly seems like it would be a match to me. Also note that since Akira Toriyama does the character designs for that series, his trademark spiky hair often has a bit of a presence.

Though admittedly I haven't played a lot of dragon quest myself. Certainly I've never actually touched DQ7. Didn't have a playstation back then.

Yumekichi11 said:

Gangler said:
    Yumekichi11 said:

That whole thing seemed to me like a callback to the gag in Azumanga where Osaka has a similar set of fantasies about Chiyo's buns.
    Could be but I never saw the show but you are right that the parodies seem to be much better in this anime than other animes who failed at them.

What is your IMO on why their execution is done well?

Here's the initial gag. After that they made a bit of a running gag out of Osaka envisioning and dreaming progressively stranger things about that chiyo and her hair. The gundam funnels in particular feels reminiscent to me of a couple where the buns were thinking for her, and if you removed them the chiyo body would flop down like a rag doll or puppet.

I don't really know much about execution, but they really do seem to be playing with the various cliches and archetypes and using them in atypical ways. Like Yui would typically just be a straight man on the sidelines occasionally chipping in with something witty. However here she gets a lot more focus than her zany cohorts. Every time blondie threatens to steal the spotlight with some overplayed lesbian antics Yui steps in and immediately the spotlight's on her again.

Despite being surrounded by zany off the wall "exciting" archetypes, they're all gathered around her rather than her being the tag-along.

Or moments like the tsundere couple where we've got a typical "their feelings have reached me despite their not using their words" moment, but then we saw that she'd been thinking something else entirely more in line with what we actually know about her character. Insert a dose of reality into a standardized fictional moment and you've got yourself some comedy.

I mean, I'm not terribly well studied on the anatomy of comedy, but at the end of the day the important thing is really that I'm laughing. Really enjoying this.
    Jul 20, 2011 2:11 AM

Sep 2007
    This episode was great. It slowed down the pace, which was necessary so that the show didn't become boring, and added some depth to the characters (Yui and Kyoko). The Scenes with Yui and Kyoko talking took this show above just another fanservice series....though the next episode seems to satiate that in the viewers lol. And of course any scene involving Kyoko was hilarious (loved the doorbell ringing scene and the lack of presence from Akari ^_^)

This shaping up to be a really good series....can't wait for next weeks episode :D
    Jul 20, 2011 2:12 AM

Aug 2009
    There shall be some made. Most likely during the comic convention in Japan. I think it shall be this time C-80. Well around that time the fan stuff should come out of that

yup.....im itching to see it.....guhhhhwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! *randomly fire loli canon at someone*
    Jul 20, 2011 2:59 AM

Jun 2009
    Yui has same style with me about RPG! XDD
    Jul 20, 2011 5:21 AM

Apr 2010
    13man18 said:

Anime Rule: If there are 3 or more female characters revolving around the main character, then there will be a swimsuit episode.

That's true, haha.

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
    Jul 20, 2011 6:33 AM

Jul 2009
    Kyoko was such an idiot in this episode xD``
    Love it XD
    SasuXNaruXSasu it's love~ <3

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature!!!
    Jul 20, 2011 12:37 PM

Apr 2011
    Yui's appearance reminds me somewhat Iwasawa Masami from Angel Beats.

Kyouko is funny but a bit annoying sometimes.
    Jul 20, 2011 10:38 PM

Feb 2011
    greenmush said:
    Yui would probably look nice with long hair :X and i wanna see how akari look without her buns too XD

Check the very first part of episode 1 again (before the OP), you get to see Akari with her hair down there when she's waking up and getting ready, like below:

Also, while looking through Pixiv's Yuru Yuri art I found two images of Yui with long hair, so here those are:

Gangler said:
    Okay, this show is rapidly becoming freaking hilarious. The misleading opening was just priceless. I think the very concept of a character who seems like she should be the main character because of all the main character cliches she displays, but doesn't get any time in the spotlight because of how bland she is for that very reason is just worth it's weight in gold.

Someone should be taking notes because that right there. That is how parody is done.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was an accident on Namori's part. The real problem is there's no love interest for Akari, but every other character has one (or more), so the jokes started leaving her out pretty quickly. Namori even started joking about it, which is where the invisible Akari bits came from.

StavStuva said:
    Kyoko was such an idiot in this episode xD``
    Love it XD

Kyouko's always an idiot, that's part of her charm. ( ̄ー ̄)

Edit: Added the long-haired Yui pics.
    cutemanabiJul 20, 2011 11:44 PM
    Jul 21, 2011 2:27 AM
    Dec 2007
    manabilt said:
    Also, while looking through Pixiv's Yuru Yuri art I found two images of Yui with long hair, so here those are

Guess I'll have to disappoint you - the one with the hime-cut is the student council prez. She appears in the manga and looks exactly the same.
    manabit said:
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that was an accident on Namori's part. The real problem is there's no love interest for Akari, but every other character has one (or more), so the jokes started leaving her out pretty quickly. Namori even started joking about it, which is where the invisible Akari bits came from.

Well, she does seem to end up in some curious situations with Chinatsu later on... ;) In any case, I do think the running gag is genius. Be it intentional or not (I'm more inclined to the former), the fact that she came up with this and made a forgettable character memorable is remarkable.
    Jul 21, 2011 2:52 AM

Sep 2008
    manabilt said:

Gangler said:

Whether it was planned that way or not, still a hilarious stroke of genius. Most would deal with the realization that their main character wasn't noteworthy in an entirely different fashion. Speaks to her skill as a writer that she came up with this ingenuitive and effective solution to such a common problem.

manabilt said:

Also, while looking through Pixiv's Yuru Yuri art I found two images of Yui with long hair, so here those are:

Those are awesome^^
    Jul 24, 2011 7:39 AM

Jul 2010
    Akari's precence didn't even last in the intro this time. The cameraman got sidetracked. xD

Ding-dong, ding-dong, ding-dong "FINE, COME IN!" *tug* xD

Kyoko was just too funny this episode. They even ended up staying up all night to make her homework because she forgot... again!

Jul 25, 2011 12:27 PM

Jul 2009
    Lol, poor Akari ... she can't even do the intro by herself! XD Nice episode (lol at them competing over Yui) ... kind of brainless though haha XD Oh, and swimsuit / beach episode next ... obligatory, no? :P
    Jul 26, 2011 7:14 PM

Jul 2008
    Kyoko is such a kook!
    Jul 28, 2011 12:10 PM

Mar 2011
    Heheheheh!

There's no way my middle school slice of life can be this cute!
    Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Jul 25, 2011

99 by oDaw1 »»
    Yesterday, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
    Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 29, 2011

77 by -ODA- »»
    Feb 8, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
    Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
    Jan 1, 8:31 PM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.