Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2011 7:28 PM

Aug 2010
I know its way bit too early but i just wanted to know and would like to see more opinions as we get further into the series. Who do you like more and who do you think would be the smartest? Alice from Kamisama or Victorique from Gosick?

MeltyBJul 16, 2011 9:15 PM
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jul 4, 2011 7:30 PM

Dec 2010
Vic has a lot of knowledge already in her head and can peice together anything as long as she collects evidence
Alice has a lot of knowledge on current subjects and can peice together anything as long as she can research

Well shit
Jul 4, 2011 7:34 PM

Aug 2010
notsureifsrs said:
Vic has a lot of knowledge already in her head and can peice together anything as long as she collects evidence
Alice has a lot of knowledge on current subjects and can peice together anything as long as she can research

Well shit

aha yeah you summed that up pretty well xD.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jul 4, 2011 8:21 PM

Feb 2010
Victorique is a fucking idiot.

she just read lot of shit, but she is a stupid tsundere with ilogical reactions.

alice seems a bit better , but that last scene... was also stupid.
Jul 4, 2011 8:26 PM

Dec 2010
Vanisher said:
Victorique is a fucking idiot.

she just read lot of shit, but she is a stupid tsundere with ilogical reactions.

That's because Kujo is her only friend and the only person she talks to without being discriminated and hated.

The only other people she's spoken with were Grevil who treated her like a monster, about one sentence from her mother, and MAYBE her father, who would've treated her like shit too.

She's pretty much had no human contact, it's not farfetched to assume she doesn't have people skills.
Jul 4, 2011 8:31 PM

Feb 2010
That dont justify the fact that she blames other people for things that are her fault.
Jul 4, 2011 8:35 PM

Nov 2008
The only thing that was different about them is that Alice has freedom and Victorique has none... Other than that, they are both very similar to me just different era and place.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 4, 2011 8:41 PM

Jan 2010
Victorique only need Kujo tell what happen, instantly case solve...
Jul 4, 2011 9:01 PM

Dec 2010
Alice is looks cuter and she is taller.

That's enough reason for me to choose Alice.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Jul 4, 2011 10:58 PM

Jan 2011
Victorque has that oldschool charm while Alice is just like every other japense anime girl.
[center]
Jul 5, 2011 2:08 AM

Oct 2010
Victorique is more smarter.Alice's deduction is good but not really brilliant...I will say she is good as an information broker only.
Signature Removed
Jul 8, 2011 1:05 PM

Nov 2008
Alice is generic looking, I can get the same thing from a good harem anime, Alice also is more like a really good Operator and information genius, Victorique is classy, she has very high intelligence and victorian dress is a plus even though she can get mean and unladylike at times but being locked in a tower most of your life will do that to anyone.

Victorique

Jul 8, 2011 6:32 PM
Aug 2007
I'd rather have both.

Also, boo at pitting these two lovely girls against each other.
Jul 8, 2011 7:39 PM

Jul 2008
Alice makes real deductions based on the information given (deductions that the reader/watcher can also make if they pay attention). Victorique pulls information out of thin air to solve her mysteries.
Jul 10, 2011 6:03 PM

Jul 2008
I think Alice is more resourceful.

And the cases in Gosick were never THAT complex, so I can't really say if Victorique is more intelligent.

VioLink said:
Victorque has that oldschool charm while Alice is just like every other japense anime girl.

Well yeah, Victorique is European and Alice is Japanese.

groundfish said:

Victorique is more smarter

Really?
Jul 12, 2011 3:21 AM

Jun 2009
GarLogan78 said:
groundfish said:

Victorique is more smarter

Really?

Not him but yes, as you said Alice is more resourceful but Victorique also had her fair share of complex cases in the later episodes of Gosick. Not all of them are easy and even though it's easy to guess the culprit, how he/she did it is the hardest part to solve and that's Victorique's Wellspring of Wisdom put her in an advantage.

Couple that with her life just reading books for most of her life because of her confinement. Plus, Victorique was used by her father on how to make decision to win a war. This is not even a debate really.
Jul 12, 2011 3:26 AM

Sep 2008
Victorique has a gooder fashion sense.
Smarter? I don't care.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2011 3:33 AM
Jun 2008
Alice has more subordinate that give her the info and skill that required in each case
teamwork is better choice
Jul 12, 2011 3:42 AM

Jun 2009
MorningGlory said:
teamwork is better choice

But teamwork is...
Jul 12, 2011 3:44 AM

Dec 2010
I like pussies
Jul 12, 2011 3:48 AM
Jun 2008
I like pussies as well
Jul 12, 2011 3:53 AM

Jun 2009
MorningGlory said:
I like pussies as well

That is actually more
Jul 12, 2011 9:37 AM

Jul 2008
-Quasar said:

Couple that with her life just reading books for most of her life because of her confinement. Plus, Victorique was used by her father on how to make decision to win a war. This is not even a debate really.

I suppose, but I agree with what Killbethy said. Victorique seems to pull her deductions out of thin air, not based on information presented previously in the show. Also, I find it really unrealistic that she can solve so many cases based on second hand information. Without even having to be there, she can piece together a complex case by talking with Kujo on the phone and reading one newspaper article?

Victorique solving the cases is a deus ex machina while Alice is actually doing detective work.
Jul 12, 2011 9:49 AM
May 2011
victorique by a long shot, shes just smarter and seems much more human after the finale aswell, plus shes the only tsundere ive seen that isnt generic,
Jul 12, 2011 9:52 AM
Jun 2008
its only first episode = =

anyway both uses diff tool in solving case. Future x past .... Of course detective in the past is more cool compare to present .=P
Jul 12, 2011 10:04 AM

Jun 2009
GarLogan78 said:
I suppose, but I agree with what Killbethy said. Victorique seems to pull her deductions out of thin air, not based on information presented previously in the show. Also, I find it really unrealistic that she can solve so many cases based on second hand information. Without even having to be there, she can piece together a complex case by talking with Kujo on the phone and reading one newspaper article?

Victorique solving the cases is a deus ex machina while Alice is actually doing detective work.

I think you're using the word Deus Ex Machina wrong here. She actually has to hear the information first before she can put it in one piece. Granted that she is not in the scene sometimes, it is known that her wellspring of knowledge is capable unifying information and evidences which is why she asks specific questions (also what she did in the phone call scene). I think also having read many books in her lifetime, having a very good memory helps her a lot as she may have seen similar cases in the books before so it's not really something coming out of thin air.

Long story short. She knows the whole story, case solved. Gathering information and coming up with a factual conclusion = Detective Work.

Nothing to Deus Ex Machina about.
Jul 13, 2011 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
-Quasar said:
GarLogan78 said:

I think you're using the word Deus Ex Machina wrong here. She actually has to hear the information first before she can put it in one piece. Granted that she is not in the scene sometimes, it is known that her wellspring of knowledge is capable unifying information and evidences which is why she asks specific questions (also what she did in the phone call scene). I think also having read many books in her lifetime, having a very good memory helps her a lot as she may have seen similar cases in the books before so it's not really something coming out of thin air.

Long story short. She knows the whole story, case solved. Gathering information and coming up with a factual conclusion = Detective Work.

Nothing to Deus Ex Machina about.

a) an improbable or unexpected device or character that suddenly appears to resolve a situation

b) something that makes no sense but is added so that the story can end

You are right that Deus Ex Machina probably isn't the right phrase for it. But I still do find Victorique solving some of the cases improbable (especially the details she goes into).

But also I should probably wait for more of Memochou to come out before even comparing. I have only seen Alice solve one case lol.
Jul 13, 2011 5:09 PM

Nov 2010
There's only episode, but I prefer Alice over Victorique. It's probably due to preferring the setting and the cast of characters over Gosick thus far.(I only got six episode into Gosick so I'm not sure if the cast gets any better beyond that point).
Looking at posts on the Internet wouldn't bother me so much if people didn't also mix up he and she.
Jul 14, 2011 12:27 AM

Jan 2010
I'll post again after I watch a few more episodes of Kamisama no Memochou.. xD

But personality-wise I prefer Alice in the first episode. Even though she's a generic anime girl on appearance, I still prefer her looks than Victorique.
Well, I still can't compare their intelligence but as of now, ofcourse, Victorique is better.
Jul 14, 2011 6:53 AM

Apr 2010
I'm gonna be futile here: Victorique is cuter.
Jul 14, 2011 8:45 AM

Oct 2009
Victrorique
just 'cause
Jul 14, 2011 9:40 AM
Jul 2010
Vanisher said:
That dont justify the fact that she blames other people for things that are her fault.

*facepalm*
Jul 14, 2011 3:50 PM

Feb 2010
Lightyear8684 said:
Vanisher said:

*facepalm*

oh yeah someone who cant understand their own errors and blame other is a genius.

clearly.
Jul 14, 2011 4:08 PM
May 2011
Vanisher said:
Lightyear8684 said:
Vanisher said:

*facepalm*

oh yeah someone who cant understand their own errors and blame other is a genius.

clearly.
*facepalm*

do you have any idea of how humans work, EVERYONE IN THE WORLD DOES THAT, there has not been a single person that has lived who hasnt done that, ecpecially at vic's age of 13(well it goes all the way t the age of 19 but thats aside the point)
Jul 14, 2011 4:53 PM

Feb 2010
ItsSoPringles said:
Vanisher said:
Lightyear8684 said:
Vanisher said:

*facepalm*

clearly.
*facepalm*

do you have any idea of how humans work, EVERYONE IN THE WORLD DOES THAT, there has not been a single person that has lived who hasnt done that, ecpecially at vic's age of 13(well it goes all the way t the age of 19 but thats aside the point)

its not exactly everyone , but most of them probably.

but most of people are stupid (more at 13) , so victorique fails to show herself as an inteligent human for me.

i dont think i was as stupid as that when i was 13.

the character just seems fucking stupid and tsundere just for the fan sake.

alice might go the same way.
Jul 14, 2011 5:34 PM
Jun 2008
Vanisher said:

but most of people are stupid (more at 13) .....
i dont think i was as stupid as that when i was 13.

good for you
Jul 15, 2011 12:17 AM

Feb 2011
GarLogan78 said:

This. Pretty obvious. Plus Alice has the Interwebz!
Jul 16, 2011 9:11 AM

Jun 2009
Vanisher said:
but most of people are stupid (more at 13) , so victorique fails to show herself as an inteligent human for me.

The fuck? Seriously?

No one argued personality =/= intelligence?
Jul 16, 2011 3:29 PM
Jul 2011
Victorique.

Her Wellspring is essentially a freaking amazing sense of logic. She's just able to deduce facts at a far better speed than normal people. She doesn't pull conclusions out of thin air, as in the case with Coco Rose she was unable to complete the case until she had more information.

Alice so far has come off arrogant, aloof, and cold. I hope as the series progresses we can mesh out more of a depth to her character. The only favorable quirks she has at the moment is an addiction to soft drinks and distaste for noodles.

Victorique may be Tsundere, but she has reason to be and in turn also shows her fragility and ignorance of the outside world (ergo packing up chairs, countless dresses, tables, and tea sets). Spend your childhood in a dungeon with no affection and see how great your people skills are.
MobamogaJul 16, 2011 3:33 PM
Oct 22, 2011 10:31 PM

Jan 2010
Mobamoga said:
Victorique.

Her Wellspring is essentially a freaking amazing sense of logic. She's just able to deduce facts at a far better speed than normal people. She doesn't pull conclusions out of thin air, as in the case with Coco Rose she was unable to complete the case until she had more information.

Alice so far has come off arrogant, aloof, and cold. I hope as the series progresses we can mesh out more of a depth to her character. The only favorable quirks she has at the moment is an addiction to soft drinks and distaste for noodles.

Victorique may be Tsundere, but she has reason to be and in turn also shows her fragility and ignorance of the outside world (ergo packing up chairs, countless dresses, tables, and tea sets). Spend your childhood in a dungeon with no affection and see how great your people skills are.

Agreed.

All reason Vic being tsundere is acceptable, locked up in a dungeon? library? for almost her entire life (until she mets Kujo) sure bring her difficulties how to deal with people.

I've watched all episodes of Gosick and KamiMemo,
So, I think I can judge them FAIRLY. Not only from first impression, rumor or influence of other people's opinion.

In my opinion,

- Appearance
I prefer Victorique (I like gothic and european athmosphere XD), her blond, long, and wavy hair is so beautiful.
Alice is cute too, but too typical. But, I love her blue eyes and long hair. And of course she is taller than Victorique which is good too. :D
Oh, and I really love Alice when she wears the black gothic dress in the last episode!

- Character
Well, I hate tsundere. But, Victorique is different. She had strong reason to be a tsundere. And she had terrible past. She had no love until she met Kujo. Thats why she act like that. And I think she is not really a tsundere.
As for Alice, I don't really pay attention to her character at first, but, I really like her when she start working seriously!

- Intelligence
BOTH is smart. The difference is, Victorique in the European style, and Alice in the modern style. Cases in Gosick is mythical and dark while in KamiMemo is more real and drama-ish.
Victorique's Wellspring of Wisdom is amazing, and the fact that she was locked in a library for years made her knowledge outstanding. She can even read multiple books in one time.
But, what I love about Alice, just like people here said, Alice actually doing detective job with her team which better than Victorique who act alone. And I do prefer team work :D
But in the end, I think BOTH are smart.

Why many people think Victorique is better than Alice? because, we know Victorique's past and we know nothing about Alice's past. So, Victorique character is deeper. So, we know from Vic's past that her mother also a genius, and the fact that she had been locked in a library for years made clearer reason why she is so smart.

Aaaarrgghh I think I love them both :D
But, for now I'll choose Victorique because she is more unique.
If only KamiMemo is 24 episodes long, and we can find out more about Alice....

May 5, 2012 12:08 AM
Dec 2011
i vote for victorique.She is more cute.And smarter
May 20, 2012 5:25 PM

Jun 2009
I am at a standstill here.
Jun 13, 2012 4:35 AM

Jan 2008
Even though Alice is cuter, I'd still choose Victorique. Dunno why.
Jul 6, 2012 2:18 AM

Aug 2011
so far i like Gosick better so Victorique FTW
Sep 4, 2012 10:00 AM

Jun 2012
I have to say I like Alice more, don't get me wrong i like gosick to but Alice is not a insane tsundere.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

May 20, 2013 8:32 PM

Dec 2012
I just want to say, and I know I jumped into this randomly, that Alice is obviously the great granddaughter of Victorique. Obviously, after She and Kujo married, their offspring carried on the tradition of solving mysteries. And thus Alice is the modern version of Victorique.
GUMI!
Jun 22, 2013 8:35 AM

Mar 2012
Alice is more moe. reason enough
Nov 23, 2014 6:19 PM

Jun 2014
Victorica is the better character but I like Alice more.
She's more cute and less tsundere, so that's it.
Mar 3, 2016 12:48 AM
Oct 2015
there is some similar phase with durarara, anyone feels that? or it is just me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

73 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 3, 9:22 PM

» Alice, I cant understand her.

Playcool - Jun 5, 2016

3 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 4, 2023 7:13 PM

» When they make season 2 of Kamisama no Memochou

Sugram22 - Aug 30, 2013

20 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:03 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

212 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Jul 2, 2011

306 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 11, 2023 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.