Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2012 7:48 PM

Dec 2009
so good ;__;
Feb 28, 2012 1:57 PM

Feb 2011
Reporting in after a rewatch. This might be a lil bit late tho but...

Crouchez said:

It is by far the best anime out this season and presumably this year (well I might be a little biased right now so lets not jump the gun just yet).

And yup 2011 is indeed over and my opinion remained the same (although Fate/Zero was a worthy rival, I must admit).
Feb 28, 2012 10:42 PM

Jul 2007
I cried.
It made me realize how sad it would be to leave all the people you grew up with, or to lose one of your childhood friends. If I were Menma, I wouldn't want to leave, either. :' (
Mar 2, 2012 5:26 AM

Sep 2011
Amazing anime, I don't think I could re watch it because it's such an emotional rollercoaster.
Mar 4, 2012 12:00 PM

Jan 2012
Awesome, really awesome anime. I didn't cry, because I'm not a girl, but it was kind of sad, of course. I really liked it, 10/10.
Mar 5, 2012 2:23 PM

Feb 2012
Surprisingly I didn't cry. I got teary eyed but that's about it.

The series was just too short for me to feel any attachment to any of the characters.

I guess I'm spoiled by Clannad >_<
Mar 8, 2012 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
I really enjoyed this series, now that I finally got around to watching it. Such a sad ending. I admit, I had tears rolling down my face during the last 5 minutes. Once the ED starting playing, I just couldn't help it. Can't decide whether this or Angel Beats had a sadder ending. (I haven't seen Clannad yet, it's on my list)

Shows and series that have separation by death or something like that always really get to me. I would of made the ending be further in the future with them all together, but it was still good.

RIP Menma
Mar 13, 2012 3:29 AM
May 2011
Overdone melodrama and sometimes annoying ghost-gimmick aside, it was still one fantastic show.
Mar 13, 2012 9:40 PM
Jan 2012
Something about this anime was personally heartwarming.

9/10
Apok23Mar 14, 2012 5:50 AM
Mar 14, 2012 8:46 PM

Oct 2010
Yes, I agree. It was heartwarming.
Mar 17, 2012 5:11 PM

Nov 2011
A touching and emotional series that was one of the highlights from last year imo
Mar 18, 2012 1:17 PM
Jun 2008
Great anime.

After I saw the poll results, I kind of bad feel that I voted 4 out of 5: Liked it lol
Mar 18, 2012 3:11 PM
Mar 2010
I'm so glad I gave this anime a chance. I didn't like the fact that it was only 11 episodes, and I was looking for a more romance centered anime. But this anime was absolutely beautiful, and more than I could have ever hoped for. It's overwhelmingly haunting. Excuse me while I recommend this anime to everyone that'll listen.

So touching. So sad. So happy. But in the end the most powerful emotion that I feel is jealousy. My brother passed away 3 years ago, but I never got a proper goodbye. I would do anything, give anything just to know that he's here and well. All of these amalgamated feelings are just making me sob. Great anime. Great, great, great, great, great anime.

;_;

edit:
after reading through some of the comments, I find that a lot of people seemed to think that this episode was over dramatic and comical. Maybe it's because I marathoned, but I don't agree at all. The shrine scene where they all bawled was around 5 years (debatable) in the making. Everyone had such pent up feelings that this was sort of their release. It wasn't only the 'missing Menma' part, it was the fact that a lot of them felt extreme guilt. Guilt only festers if you don't address it. So I found that scene wholly necessary and somewhat accurate. I guarantee you that if this was rl no one would be so calm. Where you guys see over drama, I see realism. It's dramatic, I can't deny that, but it's realistic. Also, they were all forced to face their guilt that they pent up years ago. They didn't just face it because they wanted to. It's because Menma was somewhat around again. I can't fault this episode for being over dramatic, just dramatic. I understand that if you were watching the episode and you didn't find the moment so sad, why you could say that it was over dramatic. But with the scheme of things, I can't say that it is.

/justmytwocents
mylovelyfateMar 28, 2012 10:32 PM

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Mar 22, 2012 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Just finished it...
Wow thats the first drama anime in awhile which has made me feel like that. The ending i ended up having a few tears.
Overall I'm giving it a 9/10 but the ending easily deserves a 10
Mar 26, 2012 7:58 PM

Jan 2012
great solid anime but it needed to have a fight scene like matsuyuki punching jin-tan.
and i personally hard to believe how they still didn't moved on after a decade. thats a lot of time! maybe if it was reduced to around 5 and had the incident when they were around 10ish it would be more believable.
the anime could had use a couple more episodes to have proper closures to the side characters and more explanations on why they blame themselves so that we, the viewers, could understand more of their viewpoints.
the end was a little bit too melodramatic. especially the hide-n-seek ending.
theme songs were both fitting but not memorable
visual and animations are very good
characters are very interesting
story is great
enjoyment is uh.. i watched all episodes in one sitting so 10/10
overall 8/10!
and i personally don't like how they made it more fantasy ridden like floating objects... why memna didn't use that as a proof that she's really there to begin with? it really broke the plot for me.
NoobHunterDMar 26, 2012 8:02 PM
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 26, 2012 8:03 PM

Mar 2012
Can't decide if this is an 8 or a 9 for me, it definitely had a few minor flaws despite how incredibly enjoyable it was.

iNeon said:
Just finished it...
Wow thats the first drama anime in awhile which has made me feel like that. The ending i ended up having a few tears.
Overall I'm giving it a 9/10 but the ending easily deserves a 10

Love your avatar and sig, even though they make me sad.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 28, 2012 10:40 PM
Mar 2010
NoobHunterD said:
great solid anime but it needed to have a fight scene like matsuyuki punching jin-tan.
and i personally hard to believe how they still didn't moved on after a decade. thats a lot of time! maybe if it was reduced to around 5 and had the incident when they were around 10ish it would be more believable.
the anime could had use a couple more episodes to have proper closures to the side characters and more explanations on why they blame themselves so that we, the viewers, could understand more of their viewpoints.
the end was a little bit too melodramatic. especially the hide-n-seek ending.
theme songs were both fitting but not memorable
visual and animations are very good
characters are very interesting
story is great
enjoyment is uh.. i watched all episodes in one sitting so 10/10
overall 8/10!
and i personally don't like how they made it more fantasy ridden like floating objects... why memna didn't use that as a proof that she's really there to begin with? it really broke the plot for me.

Well, it was more like 5 years. In the episode where Jinta gets "Nokemon Gold" he wonders why a 5 year old game is so expensive. Seeing as it was around during Menma's passing, it could only be 5 or less years ago. You're never really told their age, but I think that they're in grade 10-ish. If you sub 5 years from that, that'd be grade 5, and their flashbacks look like they could be in grade 5. Of course the line's kind of gray, though.

As for Menma not moving things, I'm pretty sure that it was addressed later in the show that they could have came out with the secret earlier. But the reason that they didn't was because Jinta wanted her to himself. I can't remember the episode, but I remember him saying that.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Mar 30, 2012 3:07 AM

Feb 2012
I GIVE THIS DISH, A 10 /10!
Mar 30, 2012 1:34 PM

May 2010
Gosh, when Menma shouts 'You found me!' was the moment for me that I wasn't able to hold it anymore. The thing is that I started this anime with super low expectations, but it has been such a good anime. 9/10.

EDIT: The voice acting has been sublime. Has to be said, really amazing.
YzoriMar 30, 2012 3:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2012 12:47 AM

Jan 2012
This anime bored me at first, but it turned out to be really good. 8/10

Oh yeah, and I cried like a bitch at the end when everyone saw their notes from Menma. :x
Lemme smang it girl.
Mar 31, 2012 6:27 PM

Feb 2012
I'm a bit late on watching this anime... but it was definitely one of those animes that play with your feelings all the way through. I was happy they were able to see her at the end :)
Apr 16, 2012 12:25 AM

Jan 2012
I had too high expectations and felt sort of disappointed with the show overall even though the last episode was great and emotional.

For now I'll give this a 8/10 but it will probably drop to 7/10 later on.
GuZApr 16, 2012 12:37 AM
Apr 21, 2012 6:45 AM

Oct 2011
I marathonned this after hearing how amazing it was.

Up to episode 10 it was an 8 for me, but the last episode completely redeemed it.

I started crying when all of them started opening their letters.
It just tore at me.

I didn't think the hide and go seek was comical at all, it really stuck to me.

10/10, personal favourite.
|ω・)
Apr 21, 2012 7:15 AM

Mar 2012
I needed tissues for this episode :(
The ending is not bad. 8/10 for this.
May 2, 2012 9:18 PM

Feb 2012
I CRIED For the last time. I really love this anime. 9-10/10 for the ending. It sooo goood. I'm speechless right now.

I'll miss tsuruko and Anjou
Altaria-chanMay 2, 2012 9:23 PM
May 6, 2012 4:59 PM
Dec 2010
There were lots of warm and teary moments in this show and it all worked together, created great emotional ride i last experienced at series like Ef~tale of Memories/Melodies or Clannad & C:After story...

Great anime, that kind it's not seen often.
It definitely earned 9/10
greenmartyMay 6, 2012 5:03 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 18, 2012 7:51 PM
May 2012
Super love this anime! I can't move on with this anime for about a week or so! I cried a lot! I cried like a baby because of this anime and I'm proud about it! :D Haha! Extraordinary anime! Super love! 10/10!
:)
May 21, 2012 1:45 AM

Mar 2012
loved this anime...never thought i would be so moved
May 26, 2012 6:40 PM

Nov 2011
I cried a lot
10/10
May 29, 2012 12:49 PM

Jun 2011
only the left eye , it dousent count <.<

10/10 a lot of emotions
Jun 9, 2012 9:25 PM

May 2012
I couldn't stop crying, especially the parts where Jinta read his letter from Menma and when Menma said, "You found me!"

11/10
Jun 11, 2012 1:21 PM

Apr 2012
It's been a while since I've seen an anime this touching. It reminds me of when I discovered Kanon. But very solid series, one of those that you can be happy with the ending even though it's not the way you wanted it to be. Very good anime.
Jun 15, 2012 4:34 PM

Sep 2008
That was a very sad final episode. But I'm glad everyone was able to move on with their lifes. I'll give the whole series a 10/10 without a doubt. Loved it.
Jun 21, 2012 6:48 AM

Sep 2011
Overdone melodrama at its finest... This episode actually made me laugh instead of crying. You mean that was her wish all along? I remember seeing Jintan cry in an earlier episode, didn't that count? The firework scene was more moving than this! I facepalmed when I heard her real wish.
Whatever...

Before anything else, let me say that I actually liked the whole concept of the anime. But unfortunately there were some things that failed to help this.
First, the characters. My god, I hate every last one of them, starting with Menma, the overly annoying little girl whose very wide range of actions involved either crying or laughing/smiling like everything is sugar and rainbows. I get it that she still has the mentality of a child btw, but this was still ridiculous.
The others are perhaps the most miserable and immature group of teens I've ever seen in an anime. The loss of a dear friend is big and hard to accept, but to not being able to handle the whole situation maturely is sad to see (actually the most mature seemed to be Poppo who was supposed to be the funny guy which is weird). The whole anime was about a pattern of them arguing -> peace and laughing together -> arguing -> peace and so on...
But there actually was a solution to end this seemingly endless cycle of forced drama and acting like nothing happened. And with that we arrived to our second problem:
Menma is a ghost, right? No problem with that. But wait, she can actually make physical contact with the world around her. Then why the hell didn't she try to prove her existence in like the second episode to save us from ~7 episode of the same thing. And not just us, she could have saved their friends from believing Jintan to be completely insane and by that seeing her friends fighting.
Another thing that could have make the characters better is to leave out every unnecessary romance and love triangle. While the ones involved in these love triangles were crying solely about how their love doesn't care about them, the one person who probably had to put up with the most suffering was Poppo. I mean he had to see Menma drowning or whatever in the water and hold the image of it in himself for 10 years, which I think surely caused him a lot of nightmares.
Finally, the problem which is all of the things above combined is the forced, unnecessary, and god-awful melodrama. I don't think I have to elaborate more on this part, because I see that a lot of people realized this already.
Edit.: Oh, and I almost forgot, it was also predictable as hell :/

But even after these things, I was actually able to enjoy this anime, but only for the concept and because some parts were actually moving (not the ending though). I also liked the OP and the ED, especially the ED, the seiyuus did a very good job with it.
My final verdict for this anime is, unfortunately, a 5/10. It wasn't bad, but it was far too overrated and the ridiculously childish characters and the forced drama killed it for me :/
RazielZeroNov 24, 2012 11:18 AM
Jun 22, 2012 7:01 AM

May 2012
Totally made me cry... dammit it was so good! >__<
Jun 23, 2012 3:36 PM

May 2012
Ending made me cry, it was amazing. x.x
Jun 25, 2012 12:53 AM
Jun 2012
SOBBED the end of episode 10 ll the way through 11.

Loved the anime 8/10
Jun 26, 2012 3:01 AM

May 2011
THIS. WAS. EPIC!!

Just love the ending and the drama!
Jun 26, 2012 7:24 PM
Oct 2008
I cried last night after watching the final episode. :'((

If you didn't cry, I wouldn't consider you as "Human".
Jun 30, 2012 6:46 PM
Jun 2012
lunarlegend_03 said:

You're an idiot.
Jun 30, 2012 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
fromthesixstory said:
lunarlegend_03 said:

You're an idiot.

Opinions.

Anyway, this isn't a very good first post to have on this place. At this rate, lots of people aren't going to like you.
Jul 1, 2012 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
Has this anime touted to me as "Why can't I hold all these feels: The anime"... god damnit, they were right.
10/10 easy. No contest.

Jul 3, 2012 5:14 PM
Feb 2010
Gave the series a 9/10, and I was crying for the Good-bys scene it was so well done.
Jul 4, 2012 8:06 AM

Apr 2012
Ended up in watching the whole anime in a row. Soo likeable and believable characters and a simple but great story that hooked me directly from the start.. and soo sad at the end. But somewhat exaggerated though.
Had it's flaws like why didn't Menma make physical interactions before as RazielZero mentioned but disagree with his other problems. The lovetriangles/quadrangle were important to understand why the Peace Busters disbanded after Menmas death.
Overall a solid 9/10.

Also I expected something way more boring, a casual Anime when I first read the summary on MAL but gave it a chance because of its high rating. Damn, that summary is incredibly misleading..
nantukoJul 4, 2012 8:09 AM
Jul 9, 2012 2:05 AM

May 2012
I really liked the ending, predictable yes but still very likable altought I really never understood Menma's love *I love you to the point of marrying you* she did say that only to Jintan but she also loves everyone else and she rather go to heaven just to hope and be reborn and meet them again ... idk it just kinda feels weird like she didn't really like Jintan that much as he loved her, and trough out the whole series I always hated Atsumu the guy was a god damn creep and just said things to his advantage when stuff started going wrong ... anyways I did like the story alot so imma go with a 9/10 I just hope they would of brought up Jintans and Menmas relationship a little bit more

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Jul 11, 2012 7:31 AM

Nov 2010
Fantastic ending; had me a little teary-eyed :'< (I didn't really have high hopes for the ending since I've heard from someone that it wasn't too great. I guess we didn't really have similar tastes!)

I feel like a bit more buildup (in the earlier episodes) to everyone's confessions (in this episode) would've been nice. Other than that, though, this was a fantastic series with a rather simple yet awesome story. Menma's letters at the end - and everyone meeting her one last time - was so emotional ;__;

The very last scene was bittersweet - sure, Menma took her leave. But it looked like the Super Peace Busters would grow close once again, now with her in their hearts. (I'll miss Menma, too...)

Music and character development were outstanding, too. The ED, especially... it's certainly going to remind me of this series for a *looooong* time *sniffle*

It seems that some people felt that the show was overly melodramatic. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. But one thing's certain: it worked for me.

9/10
kjwkjwJul 11, 2012 9:55 AM
Jul 11, 2012 10:55 AM

Apr 2011
When she said "You found me" I just lost it. Sadly my sister was in the room and now she's making fun of me.. Pff, I don't care, amazing anime.. And I was so happy when they all saw her, I was just hoping she would stay though.. 10/10
Jul 11, 2012 5:01 PM
Nov 2010
So. The last anime that made me cry at all was Clannad, and while I hate the ending and sort of what they did with AS, I still cried. Think I gave that a 9 or something..

Watched this finally, after seeing it get recommended a fair amount and not knowing what it was about.
This final ep. The mantears flowed so hard. I don't think i've ever cried as much over an ending, really sad to know it's over ;(

edit; I hated Yukiatsu for the whole series, but still loved the show. Menma to Jintan <3
Jul 12, 2012 10:45 AM

Jan 2010
Good show but too forced to make me cry. 7/10.
Jul 14, 2012 4:02 AM

Jul 2012
I regret watching this episode at my Dad's room... My eyes were dying to cry but I kept controlling them so my Dad won't tease me. Now I've got all these FEELS inside ;___;
Pages (25) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

217 by NillyPC »»
Apr 22, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.