Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2011 10:40 PM
Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For a "mindless cheesy fun" OVA this was pretty average. While the rest was pretty much... okay, the only thing that really stood out was the mecha action sequence at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mneI-Wvlgk this video was what made me want to watch it, and it's still the best part.
Jun 27, 2011 4:08 AM

Sep 2009
Pretty interesting ova i found it really entertaining wish this was a series it seems like it would be awesome as a tv series xD
i liked the mecha ladius and the fight scene was awesome xP
now eagerly waiting the appearance of this series in a super robot wars game xD

Jan 29, 2013 9:11 PM
Oct 2008
Not exactly an 80's classic, but a decent enough watch for the kind of person who enjoy watching lots of that 80's cheese. The mecha action kinda came out of nowhere at the end, didn't it? Yeah, it had been established earlier that mechs existed, but nobody said anything about Riot having a really sweet mech hidden inside a giant whale.
Jul 5, 2019 7:20 AM

Jun 2019
First post in six and a half years, it's a shame these older OVAs don't get much attention.

Overall I enjoyed watching it but I felt it would've worked better if it were longer. More like a movie perhaps? I got some older movie vibes watching this.

I liked the characters... or what little we got out of them. Riot was more than a little bit overpowered. He was sorta awkward though, which in my opinion actually made him better. His two sidekicks had a few good moments. Though I found their outfits a little... strange. The other girl was fun, but the damsel in distress thing felt a little overblown. And the villain (Kaiser) was just a generic action bad guy.

I actually though this was all going down on another planet or something but if it's "post-apocalyptic" I guess it's Earth?

The mech fighting was alright, but I preferred the battles when they weren't in mechs.

I was a little dissapointed they didn't get the mcguffin, they just say they'll get it later. It felt incomplete.

But overall it was still fun and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone reading this.
Nov 5, 2019 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
I liked the setting a lot. It reminded me of Tomb Raider and I really enjoy these type of stories with ancient civilizations and treasures. The writing for this is indubitably as everyone says cheesy but since it's short it can be overlooked. The only thing that bugs me right now is that we saw everything but what the cover pictures show.
May 6, 2020 8:05 PM

Mar 2016
Ladius coming down with the waterfall was pretty badass. Nothing too special, but their world was pretty cool. There isn't too much that can beat out ancient civilizations and giant robots.
Jun 28, 2020 5:21 AM

Oct 2010
pretty enjoyable and the final fight was cool, too bad that we didn't get that 2nd episode but those were the times, even Legaciam suffered from that. In the end it was ok
Aug 22, 2021 7:49 AM

Nov 2014
Overall pretty bad, but I really like the design of Ladius. Wish it was in something better. Watch at 2x speed until the mech shows up.
Apr 22, 2022 6:18 AM

Oct 2020
Cool fight scene!

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.