Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2008 11:03 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well i think waiting over a few weeks is more than enough time to wait for ep 8 so i went ahead and grabbed the raws.

In all honesty you dont really need subs for this episode since half of it is silence and a seasoned anime viewer can pick up most of the words.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jul 6, 2008 11:15 AM
May 2008
Well now that Traid have dropped it, i went ahead and grabbed the HK subs just to watch the rest of the series.
Aug 12, 2008 5:51 AM

Jul 2008
Are the HK subs pretty good quality wise?
Sep 3, 2008 7:33 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Episode was alright. Good to see some Claes screentime. Personally I love the Scarborough Fair song, been listening to it a lot after I got the soundtrack.

A word on the zomgSubs: they zomg suck. The translator is unsure of the translation so some parts of the sentences are marked with a '?'. There are missing lines. 5 in this episode. Punctuation is missing in some cases. Capitalization in the beginning of the sentences is missing too. The episode titles are left untranslated as well. There's no Karaoke (just fyi) and the encoding is amateurish, I couldn't properly run their .avi in MPC. Had to use VLC. Doubt I'll be getting their episode 09 if they continue to sub this.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 3, 2008 7:43 AM

Nov 2007
ZOMG ep played okay for me though used a lot of CPU; was 120fps xvid with 192kbit mp3 audio, so rather poorly encoded. But yeah, missing lines, crappy video quality, lots of crappy notes, very poor editing. Don't waste your time. Wait for DVDs. >.< I regret bothering.
Sep 3, 2008 11:22 AM

Feb 2008
Asako said:
Z But yeah, missing lines, crappy video quality, lots of crappy notes, very poor editing. Don't waste your time.

Ditto about this part. But I'm actually glad someone decided to finish this (since it's going to take years, for this series to reach my country, if it ever reaches here), and hopefully they'll improve in the next episodes.
The episode played fine for me on MPC btw.

As for the episode itself, it was alright.
Sep 3, 2008 12:31 PM
Nov 2007
About time on this one.
Sep 3, 2008 1:43 PM
Dec 2007
2 to 3 seconds off-synchro for the audio part, 4 frames by second for the video part, awful subtitles and missing lines, I could not and will not finish this one, and I'm still waiting for a decent group to sub episodes 8 to 13... If I can't find fansubs, it will be released legally in some months in my country I think (at least it has been licenced months ago) so I shouldn't worry too much but I'm a bit impatient ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 3, 2008 8:06 PM
Sep 2008
hey sorry to bother u all.
i have a sub version of this, i assure u there are no lines missing and the grammar is almost perfect and my timing is rather good,sadly i never made a karaoke.
I shall have it uploaded onto veoh in about a day or to, (same account name as here) i couldnt encode it myself so my friends doing it. i hope it turns out great. atm on it is a LQ bad timed, lines missing upload but it is named LQ for a reason lol.

anyway please go check my account in a few days and tell me if u like it
P.S give zomgsubs another chance they did have alot of problems this time
P.S.S i also did not steal any of this from zomg subs. i had recieved a translated script off their translator and had it edited and timed, i would of released a day and a half before them but my laptop was acting up and i just got back on it to arrange for my friend to encode.

also this is zomgsubs re-release i havent seen it myself yet though >> i was told its alot better
Mod Edit: link deleted.
cyruzSep 4, 2008 2:36 AM
Sep 4, 2008 2:36 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sorry but you'll have to find another way to post your torrent. Direct links to .torrent files are not allowed.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 4, 2008 6:38 AM
Sep 2008
Oh sorry i didnt know. eh well heer it is www.zomgsubs.com (they decided to use my older sub file and work on it...they could fo just asked for my perfected one but ah well lol)
please enjoy it i assure u it is very high quality
Sep 4, 2008 12:36 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm the new version in .mkv is very good, the only notable mistake I noted was a very strange "Giuseppe-san" instead of "Jose-san" but it's not really important as we all know this characters is called Jose.

The episode itself was absolutely wonderful imo (well I'm a big lover of the traditionnal English ballad "Scaborough Fair since my youth so...) and very well directed. It's one of the first times the single day in the life of a Gunslinger Girl is treated with so much depth and emotion, it was really, really good. That's how all the "contemplative animes" should be (even though it's pretty far from the original style of the series, but we can overlook that since it's only one episode).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 5, 2008 1:17 PM
Mar 2008
I don't know about the .avi one, but I found the .mkv quite good (probably it was a v2).
There were a couple of mistakes (a Triela instead of Claes at 5.12, and that Giuseppe-san) but they weren't a big deal. I'm just glad that someone picked up this series.
Dec 29, 2008 3:09 PM

Jun 2008
best episode so far imo

I think Claes is my favorite character
Apr 7, 2009 7:59 AM

Jan 2008
Now this is how GsG should be. Yay for Claes ^.^
Apr 18, 2010 12:02 AM

Jul 2009
I love the song scarborough fair so I enjoyed having it in this anime
it was good to see GG back to more of the older style with a slice of life episode
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Feb 14, 2012 5:54 PM

Sep 2011
I feel so bad for Claes, she has no handler! :(
Jun 5, 2012 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
That was kind of a boring episode for me haha, even after this episode, I feel that the purpose was to not feel bad for Claes.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 5, 2012 4:45 PM

Jul 2009
That feeling when Italian girls in Japanese animation use English plant names.

But damn, that ED was simply beautiful.

... And since when is Adam Jensen a shooting range receptionist? :o
Aug 2, 2014 2:53 PM

Jun 2014
Really liked this episode. Reminded me of the first season.
Sep 6, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2012
Another pretty nice episode, especially that ending! Let's see what's next.
Oct 6, 2014 2:32 AM

Aug 2010
Putting aside the fact that the second season doesn't exist for a moment here, this episode was absolutely marvelous, very reminiscent of the first season's general direction. All in all, a rather poignant and atmospheric story that would make for a fine standalone tale. Kudos for the visuasl and the soundtrack, complemented the episode perfectly as well. 5/5.
Oct 22, 2014 8:41 AM

Aug 2013
A Claes-centric episode yay! The ED was beautifully sung.

I'm not sure which is sadder: be a cyborg and be active in the battlefield or be a cyborg guinea pig who "lives" a "leisurely life."
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 25, 2014 10:37 AM
Jun 2013
Well guess this what Claes does all the time. I think I would go insane. We also see that her memory isint completly gone as she dreams of her former handler. On that note shouldint everyone be hush hush about it since ya know the company had him killed. That dude just blurted out "oh yea you belonged to that guy". Also didint know there were this many cyborg girls at the school. Which makes me wonder do this experiments not work on little boys? I would like to know more exacualy what type of test they are doing to Claes. I mean is it just drugs shes takeing or is it more.
Mar 28, 2016 10:07 AM

Jan 2013
Wonderful episode! #6 and #7 were great but this one is stunning. Glad I didn't dropped this sequel after those first three crappy episodes :D
Nov 26, 2018 8:00 AM

Mar 2016
This episode is extremely slow paced making this episode painfully boring. However, to be honest, I do enjoy the artworks of this episode and the Scarborough Fair cover at the end partly make up for the otherwise boring and still episode.
Oct 8, 2019 7:27 AM

Oct 2012
I really prefer Claes' old voice, I miss Koshimizu Ami's Claes :(

Probably one of my favorite episode , I really like Claes
Too bad she lost her handler too soon, but she's really following his footsteps huh
Enjoying life like how it is

Tell her to find me an acre of land
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme~🎵

"Signature removed"
Jun 22, 2021 10:15 AM

Jun 2016
This was the most similar episode to those of the original Gunslinger girl series.
Truly a precious artwork!
Aug 16, 2022 9:24 AM

Jan 2020
Okay, for reals, I'm going to finish this today. >_<

I feel like we're too late in the game for character development... more, and more, this season just makes me miss the first season.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 17, 2022 1:46 AM

Jul 2015
Just like Angelica, it seems Claes also has missing memories but still glad not everything is completely lost of that time as she seems to still tend the garden and even paint a fisherman.

Dec 4, 2022 7:27 PM
Mar 2019
Love the Claes episode, seems she also is also forgetting important stuff.
Beatrice appearance was nice, i could hear her stomach from here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 2 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 20, 2008

41 by freXampl »»
Jan 26, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 10 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

27 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Dec 11, 2022 10:07 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

66 by bushman66 »»
Dec 11, 2022 5:51 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 12 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

18 by bushman66 »»
Dec 11, 2022 5:47 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 11 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

16 by bushman66 »»
Dec 10, 2022 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.