Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 1, 2011 10:07 PM

May 2011
What is the the most offensive hardcore or down right nasty animes have you seen. My first one was Afro Samurai but Deadman Wonderland made that seem like nothing. So what are yours? (I haven't really seen many so dont go ballistic that I named mainstream ones)
Jun 1, 2011 10:11 PM

Apr 2011
the goriest i saw was elfen lied

the most mind blowing awesomeness was higurashi and denpateki na kanojo
Jun 1, 2011 10:15 PM
Jun 2011
Gantz and Elfen Lied.
Jun 1, 2011 10:19 PM

May 2011
ArrogantProteus said:
Gantz and Elfen Lied.

I saw the first three eps of Elfen Lied and it was all incest and boob touching dropped it shortly after...
Jun 1, 2011 10:21 PM

Mar 2009
Mnemosyne.
Jun 1, 2011 10:22 PM

Nov 2010
well i dont really get offended by gore or violence, i actually love it. but my favorites are:

Higurashi
Afro Samurai
Shiki
Elfen Lied
Claymore
Baccano

I cant wait to watch Deadman Wonderland tho, ever since i heard that they even had to censor some parts on the tv broadcast. But it sucks cause its gonna be a while before the blu-ray volumes get released so i can watch it uncensored -_- o well patience will pay off in the long run.
Jun 1, 2011 10:23 PM
Jun 2011
All_Hail_Lelouch said:

I saw the first three eps of Elfen Lied and it was all incest and boob touching dropped it shortly after...

It's been a while so I don't remember the incest. However, I have no line of decency-- so it wouldn't have bothered me. I has a great story nonetheless; regardless of it's shock factor. You might want to look up some detailed reviews and see if you would be interested enough to push past the nonsense. I enjoyed it.

Fuzzhx said:
well i dont really get offended by gore or violence, i actually love it.

Right there with you. I get offended when people tell me a film is bad, because " That movie is nothing, but guns, violence, and pointless nudity". That sounds like a recipe to a great film to me.
ArrogantProteusJun 1, 2011 10:28 PM
Jun 1, 2011 10:32 PM

May 2011
ArrogantProteus said:
All_Hail_Lelouch said:

It's been a while so I don't remember the incest. However, I have no line of decency-- so it wouldn't have bothered me. I has a great story nonetheless; regardless of it's shock factor. You might want to look up some detailed reviews and see if you would be interested enough to push past the nonsense. I enjoyed it.

Fuzzhx said:
well i dont really get offended by gore or violence, i actually love it.

Right there with you. I get offended when people tell me a film is bad, because " That movie is nothing, but guns, violence, and pointless nudity". That sounds like a recipe to a great film to me.

The incest was his cousin at the start who wanted him to feel her, Maybe ill watch the rest after exams...
Jun 1, 2011 10:35 PM

May 2011
AlexSadist-sama said:
Mnemosyne.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemosyne_(anime)

They made seem craptastic...
Jun 1, 2011 10:49 PM

May 2010
Gantz, Mnemosyne and Shigurui.
I'd count Elfen Lied too, but the cute character designs pulled quite a bit of the seriousness away for me.
Two more I can think of would be Higurashi and Berserk...
Jun 2, 2011 12:56 AM

Nov 2009
Hmm for Gore, i'd say Elfen Lied so far.

For the psychological factor, i'd say Higurashi tops that though.
Jun 2, 2011 1:42 AM
Dec 2009
Higurashi and Elfen lied.
Jun 2, 2011 2:20 AM

Jun 2011
Higurashi is more psychotic but has some light sides. Elfen lied is more blood and gore.
Jun 2, 2011 2:20 AM

May 2011
My top gore animes would probably be Mnemosyne, Elfen Lied & Higurashi.
Though, Hellsing is pretty gore too, I guess, even though I didn't like it all that much.
Jun 2, 2011 2:36 AM

Mar 2011
Afro Samurai.
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan.
Gunslinger Girl has its moments too.
Highschool of the Dead.
Peacemaker Kurogane.
Samurai Champloo.

Most I've posted are gore with comedy, so it's not using gore as a huge chock effect.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Jun 2, 2011 2:41 AM

May 2011
Treekodar said:
Afro Samurai.
Gunslinger Girl has its moments too.
Highschool of the Dead.
Peacemaker Kurogane.
Samurai Champloo.

Most I've posted are gore with comedy, so it's not using gore as a huge chock effect.

Great series. If you want to make it even funnier watch it in Dub(Terrible Funny)
Jun 2, 2011 3:03 AM
May 2009
Gore I actually love, I just get bored when the story moves on to cheating and girls throwing themselves at the protaganist. School days is an example.
Jun 2, 2011 3:27 AM

May 2011
shintai88 said:
Gore I actually love, I just get bored when the story moves on to cheating and girls throwing themselves at the protaganist. School days is an example.

Blood and Guts>Panties and Moe
Jun 2, 2011 3:32 AM

Mar 2008
I would like to add:
Shigurui and Aachi wa Ssipak
The world is my country, science is my religion.
Anime Achievements
Jun 2, 2011 4:15 AM

May 2011
The goriest anime I've seen was Elfen Lied (which, for the record, doesn't have huge amounts of incest — and cousin x cousin is pretty normal in Japan anyway). The anime is absolute trash compared to the manga but I still enjoyed it in its own right.

After that I guess Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Umineko no Naku Koro ni... which are not as good as their visual novels were, but hey. <__<
Jun 2, 2011 10:09 AM

Jul 2009
I would say that Deadmans Wonderland is very gory for a shounen...

Hagurashi got quite graphic...

I knew people woud mention Elfen Lied, however, the gore, in my eyes, stemmed from an unrealistic attack and therefore, did little to stand out, a lot like the comedy anime Boku-Satsu Tenshi Dokuro Chan (which I reccomend).

Jun 2, 2011 10:22 AM

Nov 2010
Queen_Stars said:

I knew people woud mention Elfen Lied, however, the gore, in my eyes, stemmed from an unrealistic attack and therefore, did little to stand out.

aw cmon you cant be complaining about unrealistic stuff when talking about anime lol.

I did like the gore in Elfen Lied alot, but IMO it would have been sooooo much better if they never showed those lame looking hands... thats what pretty much ruined it for me. i thought it was so badass up until then.
Jun 2, 2011 10:25 AM

Dec 2008
ive seen everything mentiond in the thread expect one of the shows, and imo Shigurui is the nasty'est of them all, though i diddent really like it.
it is also the only of the show's in this thread i havent finished.

and for the sake of contributeing:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni (quite gore too, its a show about a family getting killed over and over in some diffrent ways, while the main is trying to stop it or something, kinda reminds me of "when they cry" where the same seems to be going on)

u should consider watching gantz, its as gore as it good.
Jun 2, 2011 10:27 AM
Sep 2009
Baccano! definitely... you can't go wrong with a show that features a group of psychotic thugs who are wearing white because it's "gonna make the blood look so pretty".
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jun 2, 2011 10:30 AM

Feb 2010
I don't know if I can find any anime that tops Ichi the Killer or Waita Uziga's works.
Jun 2, 2011 10:40 AM
Apr 2011
And here is comes Boku no pico but i must say I kinda licked it
Jun 2, 2011 10:43 AM

Jul 2009
All_Hail_Lelouch said:

The incest was his cousin at the start who wanted him to feel her, Maybe ill watch the rest after exams...

Um.. isn't cousin love legal in a lot of places? (it is where I live for example) and therefor is not incest.
Jun 2, 2011 11:10 AM

Jul 2009
Fuzzhx said:
Queen_Stars said:

I knew people woud mention Elfen Lied, however, the gore, in my eyes, stemmed from an unrealistic attack and therefore, did little to stand out.

aw cmon you cant be complaining about unrealistic stuff when talking about anime lol.

I did like the gore in Elfen Lied alot, but IMO it would have been sooooo much better if they never showed those lame looking hands... thats what pretty much ruined it for me. i thought it was so badass up until then.

At what point did I say I was complaining?
The quirk that bough down the gore tone in Elfen Lied was the invisable hands, as you stated.
Dokuro was just funny, the ressurection and cute faces bough down the gore too.
Elemenets in both these anime differ from a series which features actual beatings and realistic devices/weapons.

Jun 2, 2011 12:22 PM

May 2011
kyrie_kyo said:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni (quite gore too, its a show about a family getting killed over and over in some diffrent ways, while the main is trying to stop it or something, kinda reminds me of "when they cry" where the same seems to be going on)

Well it is in the When They Cry series. :P It's the spiritual sequel to Higurashi.
Jun 2, 2011 1:21 PM

May 2011
All_Hail_Lelouch said:
shintai88 said:

ehh gl getting a girl
afro samurai had the most badass gore scenes
Jun 2, 2011 1:46 PM

Nov 2010
Queen_Stars said:
Fuzzhx said:
Queen_Stars said:

of course i didnt mean anything serious by it. maybe i shouldnt have used the word "complaining" but i was too lazy to think of another word. i threw in the "lol" at the end of the sentence in hopes that you wouldnt take it seriously. guess i failed =/

but anyways im gonna have to add Shigurui to this list as well, it was pretty graphic at times. but i put it on hold because, regardless of how graphic it was..it was sooo boring most of the time IMO. i felt like i was in Japanese history class at times..
Jun 2, 2011 3:02 PM

Nov 2008
Genocyber - as good as Elfen Lied. (or maybe even better)
Web developers answer to pretty much any request: You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be...
Jun 2, 2011 4:13 PM

Feb 2008
Why didn't anyone mention Apocalypse Zero, it's absolutely dreadful in so many ways.

Jun 2, 2011 4:21 PM

Jun 2009
corwin_r said:
Why didn't anyone mention Apocalypse Zero, it's absolutely dreadful in so many ways.

This Guy speaks the truth!!

Anyway, I'll second Shigurui and Higurashi. Higurashi probably has the single most memorable horrifying scene imo...No, actually it has more than a few of them though the ones that stick out to me.

Particularly:
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 2, 2011 7:13 PM

Jun 2011
I'd really say that Higurashi does top it all. It's pretty gory and the story is simply amazing :3 You won't regret watchin' it ~
Jun 2, 2011 10:28 PM

May 2011
Explicitz said:
All_Hail_Lelouch said:
shintai88 said:

ehh gl getting a girl
afro samurai had the most badass gore scenes

Lol@u comparing real life to anime, like they have anything in common...
Jun 3, 2011 2:15 AM
May 2011
1- Berserk
2- Gantz
3- Shigurui
Jun 3, 2011 7:29 AM

Mar 2009
Genocyber

The Violence Jack and Devilman OVA's/Movies had their moments too
Jun 3, 2011 10:03 AM

Sep 2010
Elfen Lied

after all what happened in my life, I finally realized.
God never say a thing. And God's silence has nothing to do with life or death.
Jun 3, 2011 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
Most of the ones I'd have said have been done.

I guess Roberta's Blood Trail or Maria Holic might be what you're looking for.
Jun 3, 2011 10:30 AM

Nov 2010
KeiranShikari said:
Maria Holic.

made me lol. but it is in fact very bloody.
Jun 3, 2011 4:15 PM

Jul 2009
Fuzzhx said:
Queen_Stars said:
Fuzzhx said:
Queen_Stars said:

of course i didnt mean anything serious by it. maybe i shouldnt have used the word "complaining" but i was too lazy to think of another word. i threw in the "lol" at the end of the sentence in hopes that you wouldnt take it seriously. guess i failed =/

but anyways im gonna have to add Shigurui to this list as well, it was pretty graphic at times. but i put it on hold because, regardless of how graphic it was..it was sooo boring most of the time IMO. i felt like i was in Japanese history class at times..

You didn't fail at anything; I don't understand humor/sarcasm face-to-face, let alone in print. ;)
Even these little faces, I type just so I don't seem so vaccant.

I know I shouldn't mention manga, but the manga of Berserk just levels up what the anime could show; it's quite something; not only in immagery. On topic; there's a new Berserk project due out. :D

Jun 3, 2011 4:59 PM
Feb 2010
For me, it was Shiki. It's the only anime to give me shivers.
Jun 5, 2011 6:32 AM

Jun 2011
Shigurui (シグルイ, Death Frenzy)
The most graphic death scenes i have ever seen in an anime. Granted, my watched list may not be that long.

Genocyber. Oh boy this one comes a close second. Lots of gory gratuitous deaths and maiming of poor innocent civilians.
Jun 5, 2011 6:40 AM

Mar 2010
Not many that have bothered me but if we're talking about something I find offensive I'd say School Days.
Jun 5, 2011 9:59 AM
Feb 2011
How about Urotsukidōji?
Jun 5, 2011 7:45 PM

Jun 2011
Higurashi, Elfen Lied or Gantz...

More topics from this board

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
51 seconds ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 8 hours ago

15 by logopolis »»
3 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

56 by Yuri-Crusader »»
6 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 3 hours ago

15 by Otakupervert890 »»
6 minutes ago

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 37 minutes ago

7 by Otakupervert890 »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.