Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2011 1:53 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The drama before the ending was kinda corny, well at least it's not that often in this series so I think I can tolerate it.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 27, 2011 9:03 PM

Mar 2008
After spending what seemed like forever sick and delusional, Chirico just suddenly recovers and just in time to save Fyana and have his showdown with Ypsilon. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I hope it is explained, otherwise it might just ruin the whole arc for me.

On another note, Ypsilon is still not a perfect Perfect (lol) Soldier. What a surprise.
And I'm still curious as to who's the mastermind behind all of this.
Jul 22, 2015 3:56 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was a rather convenient recovery, wasn't it?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 7, 2017 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
Arcanus said:
After spending what seemed like forever sick and delusional, Chirico just suddenly recovers and just in time to save Fyana and have his showdown with Ypsilon. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I hope it is explained, otherwise it might just ruin the whole arc for me.

On another note, Ypsilon is still not a perfect Perfect (lol) Soldier. What a surprise.
And I'm still curious as to who's the mastermind behind all of this.

Yeah, if the mastermind behind the ship is important, and we go somewhere from that, then I might cut this arc some slack. But if Chirico's recovery and whoever sent this ship are not explained, and this arc just existed to fill time between Chirico's departure and his arrival on this planet, I'll be rather disappointed.
Jul 22, 2017 5:11 PM
Aug 2014
the scene with the sun coming up reminded me of the first patlabor movie
Sep 1, 2019 5:40 PM

Jun 2014
I wonder exactly how Chirico suddenly recovered so fast?

Either way, it was right in the nick of time.

Jul 13, 2023 5:17 PM
Nov 2008
That’s just how this guy is… Chirico is always suddenly recovering. Remember when he had a bullet in him and was proclaimed dead, then suddenly popped up alive? Or when the doctors tried to persuade the military he was too sick to interrogate, then when the military left he immediately took off the mask and sat up? He’s just an overpowered killing machine. It kind of makes the series low stakes because you know he can survive anything.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 9 Discussion

tofei - May 23, 2011

14 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 3, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 7 Discussion

tofei - May 22, 2011

13 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 12, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 52 Discussion

Echelon - Sep 13, 2008

29 by walla »»
Jan 14, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 2 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

13 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 1 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

18 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.