Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2011 11:08 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the red man appears again and they find the mysterious G block. something is just so weird about Shiro. no number, and how does she know these things? nobody seems to know her.

the OP is so awesome.
Apr 30, 2011 11:38 AM

Feb 2010
Shiro. <3 Being upset about such a stupid thing. :)
Also, fuck yeah - Crow action next episode. \o/
Apr 30, 2011 11:45 AM

Jan 2009
Did the animation quality just drop a whole damn lot?
Anyway, fuck yeah, Senji appears ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
Now I just need mah Minatsuki to appear and I'll be satisfied no matter where they go with this.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 30, 2011 11:47 AM

Dec 2009
This one really followed the manga which is surprising. Very good ep.
Apr 30, 2011 12:01 PM
Apr 2011
I can't believe this is only 12 episodes, each chapter of the manga can do an whole episodes by itself...
Apr 30, 2011 12:02 PM

Apr 2009

Shiro is so goddamn annoying, and pulls this superhuman strength literally out of her ass. There was a lot of forced drama, the animation wasn't that great (apart from this really marvelous OP), and I can't quite get these prison wards, shooting rockets and shit all over the place.
Apr 30, 2011 12:20 PM

Jun 2010
Another person with the same ability as Ganta and the Red Man. Awesome.

I loved the part where the twisting vortex took its first victim. That guy had his entire body spun until it couldn't take it.

When I first saw that part where Shiro was mad. After she explained why she was mad, the first thing that came out of my mouth was "THATS WHAT SHE WAS MAD ABOUT".

Apr 30, 2011 12:25 PM

Apr 2008
Wow a faithful to the manga ep. No wonder it was awesome. And the OST keeps getting better and better with each new track.

Spierek said:
Shiro is so goddamn annoying, and pulls this superhuman strength literally out of her ass.

No she doesn't.
Apr 30, 2011 12:26 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode here. I do agree with someone to me it looked the animation took a nose dive. Wondering if Kami Nomi is the cause of that. >.> What a cliffhanger, I thought I would get more then that, but oh well that will just make next week even better.
Apr 30, 2011 12:29 PM

Feb 2009
I'm loving this serie a lot more for each OP <3 nom nom.

This really followed the manga so I'm pleased. Looking forward to Crow.
Apr 30, 2011 12:40 PM

Feb 2011
Great episode and I'm just lovin' both the OP en ED.
But why is it only 12 eps long? I'm reading the manga together with the anime and now I'm only up to chapter 5 (= ep 3) of the 43 chapters.
Apr 30, 2011 12:47 PM

Feb 2010
This is pretty cool, but the beeps are getting annoying.... just glad it doesn't do it 50 times per episode.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Apr 30, 2011 1:02 PM
Nov 2008
OP and whole ost for that matter is just pure epicness...
Aside from that ,Shiro is the one I want to know more about O.o so mysterious....and the cool new guy at the end that uses same power as Ganta but seems to control it better.
Apr 30, 2011 1:28 PM

Nov 2010
SilgrondShiro's seiyuu always reminds me of Nessa from Fractale.[/quote said:

Same seiyuu, Kana Hanazawa

Awesome episode. So Ganta can control blood??? He just shot a blood beam out of his hand :3
Apr 30, 2011 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
For some reason, the opening really reminds me of this. Please someone tell me I'm not crazy, and not the only one who thought of it, hahaha.

Anyway, not much to say this episode. Maybe it's just a matter of different tastes and all that rather than an actual problem with the show, but I'm finding it really average, perhaps even a little dull. =\ Hmm.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Apr 30, 2011 1:42 PM

Jun 2009
Wait, what? What's one got to do with other? Shiro's the Red Man or something...? Now that i think about it, it would be quite a plot twist.

Also, the bgm are really good.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 30, 2011 2:09 PM

Feb 2009
Quite the cliffhanger. Waiting another week for the next episode will be painful!

It seems the new guy has a much better control of his powers.
Apr 30, 2011 2:15 PM

Oct 2010
Biggest question so far (imo): Why it seems like the the security people ignore or is oblivious about Shiro?
Last episode she was on the locker room (male since all females are on the other building according to ep1) and the Security got there and didn't seem worried about her presence
This episode when they inform who the robot detected they didn't mention her either.
Also she was with Ganta on the infirmary when he passed out and ate his food >.>
She is not a delusion of Ganta, as she have been helping him all along and that other dude that hangs with them as well as some inmates on previous episodes where able to her and interact with her. And also when Makina watched they video we can distinguish Shiro's silhouette (terrible quality) but she seems not to care about that.

Anyways, awesome stuff so far ^^
huh?
Apr 30, 2011 2:16 PM

Sep 2008
great ep....me wonders how far 12 episodes can get us into the chapters
Apr 30, 2011 2:21 PM
Feb 2011
Meronpan_Chan said:
OrochiPL said:
Wait, what? What's one got to do with other? Shiro's the Red Man or something...? Now that i think about it, it would be quite a plot twist.

Shiro was upset because she though that when Ganta said the red man killed all his friends, it meant he didn't consider her a friend. She's not the red man. She says that 'she knows she ate his food while he was asleep' meanining she didn't think that would be enough to make him not want to be her friend
The Anime's pretty interesting so far.
MoeganaApr 30, 2011 3:01 PM
Apr 30, 2011 2:22 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome episode! Can't wait till the next release of the episode ^_^!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2011 2:28 PM

Jun 2009
Meronpan_Chan said:
OrochiPL said:

Shiro was upset because she though that when Ganta said the red man killed all his friends, it meant he didn't consider her a friend. She's not the red man. She says that 'she knows she ate his food while he was asleep' meanining she didn't think that would be enough to make him not want to be her friend
So that's what she meant, it totally sounded like was making excuse there for me. Then again, looking at SunnyXnsanity's post it seems like i got a hunch right and something's fishy here. (Obviously didn't quote that post to not read the spoiler).
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 30, 2011 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
I liked this episode better than the 2nd one xD
Oh man, that OP... Does anyone know when the full version will come out? According to my sources, the single was released 3 days ago, but I can only find the fade version and not the DWB version.

SunnyXnsanity said:

I read your post. I can't really say what I want to say, but you need to do something about your post. It's really important.

And I believe it's better if you delete that post because other people WILL look. Let people speculate, don't correct them. I'm quite tired of seeing DMW spoilers all over the place, from Youtube to Anime Forums. I'm reading the manga so it's not bad for me but it just ruins the whole experience for those who are starting with the anime.
Apr 30, 2011 2:36 PM

Nov 2008
choyos said:
Biggest question so far (imo): Why it seems like the the security people ignore or is oblivious about Shiro?
Last episode she was on the locker room (male since all females are on the other building according to ep1) and the Security got there and didn't seem worried about her presence
This episode when they inform who the robot detected they didn't mention her either.
Also she was with Ganta on the infirmary when he passed out and ate his food >.>
She is not a delusion of Ganta, as she have been helping him all along and that other dude that hangs with them as well as some inmates on previous episodes where able to her and interact with her. And also when Makina watched they video we can distinguish Shiro's silhouette (terrible quality) but she seems not to care about that.
^Nah, Shiro is Michael Scofield trying to get Ganta out of prison XDD nah just kidding XDD

I also noticed about the quality drop... I freakin' cannot see a damn thing when they went to G-block. I wanted to see Crow properly but fuuuuu... I hope it gets better. This episode is faithful to the manga so I'm happy about that. Can't wait for the next ep :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 30, 2011 2:36 PM

Sep 2009
OrochiPL said:

The BGM is just lovely!
Shiro is so cute! :3
Yay Senji is here! His VA better do a good job or else.....
Apr 30, 2011 3:01 PM

Jul 2010
So many spoiler tags. I feel like I can't read half the posts that are in this thread. XD
choyos said:
That's what I'd like to know as well.

Blargl.. I can't believe there's only 12 episodes to this.
Apr 30, 2011 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
Shiro was definitely epic in this episode. There was so much dark shading though, had to lean in to really see what was going on. orz
Apr 30, 2011 3:48 PM
Mar 2010
Linalee-Stratos said:
OrochiPL said:

This.
Apr 30, 2011 3:52 PM

Jun 2009
I'm starting to regret watching this episode carefully because of you guys.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 30, 2011 4:08 PM

Jan 2009
That Red-man is sick and insane...but I love him <3
And Romi Paku is sure great at screaming O_o in all her voices <3
And 'Promoter' is asshole :/
12 episodes mean that they will make our minds explooode soon~
And why that ...... Yoh is always when Ganta is :/?And why Ganta is honored guest?Also why SHiro is following him?
We still don`t know a lot of things T_T
choyos said:
<I`d like to know that too

Linalee-Stratos said:
OrochiPL said:
<This means that she wanted to say him that he didnt lost ALL friends-he still have HER,even tough she ate his food while he was sleeping O_o
Apr 30, 2011 4:11 PM

Jan 2009
And that SSSlicer looked in the shadow like Dark Prince from Prince of Persia xDDD lol
Apr 30, 2011 4:38 PM

Oct 2010
awsome, is Ganta going to get hurt next week? D:
Apr 30, 2011 5:07 PM

Feb 2010
I was so freakin' lookin' forward to seeing Senji, but all we saw was his dark shadow-y.

BUT IT WAS A SEXY OUTLINE.
Mmm. Def looking towards next week.

<3
Apr 30, 2011 5:12 PM

Jan 2010
DisposableCamera said:
I was so freakin' lookin' forward to seeing Senji, but all we saw was his dark shadow-y.

BUT IT WAS A SEXY OUTLINE.
Mmm. Def looking towards next week.

THIS. Haha I love his character, he's so amusing.
Apr 30, 2011 6:19 PM

Aug 2010
Another awesome episode. Shiro getting upset at Ganta came at the right time. The random comedy amidst the danger was funny.
Apr 30, 2011 6:24 PM

Jul 2010
This anime is just getting more and more ridiculous, haha.
Apr 30, 2011 6:37 PM

Jun 2009
the show gets better & better every episode .. VERY promising , can't wait tell next saturday ^O^
Apr 30, 2011 6:42 PM

Jul 2010
i don't know why but i'm not able to take anything seriously from this show. maybe because of excessive situations. last episode with that killing game and points and now security in-charge suddenly ordered a robot to kill him and then she said last time we killed 24 others. what the hell. ganta was not on the run away situation or was rampaging and killing others, so using a robot to kill him, which will also kill other prisoners seems a joke.
Apr 30, 2011 6:44 PM

Aug 2010
Apr 30, 2011 7:42 PM

Oct 2009
Watching the anime is making me realize how mediocre and shonen cliche this series is at times, but it's still entertaining, I guess that matters the most.
Apr 30, 2011 8:05 PM

Aug 2008
The red man creeps me out every single time with his smile. I also dislike the promoter.
Apr 30, 2011 10:10 PM

Jul 2008
Another good episode, excited to see next week's.
Apr 30, 2011 10:13 PM

Jan 2011
Apr 30, 2011 10:44 PM

Jul 2010
Shiro's dynamic entry to the robot's head was pro
Do Ganta's abilities only awaken when he's scared/angry?
And Ganta's probably gonna get transferred to G-Block where all the other blood swirl people are :3

Well when I first saw Shiro I thought she was the Red Man because of those red swirls on her clothes, then in ep1 she got owned by a shovel, but she's so suspicious that I'm not sure anymore! (Resisting temptation to read manga xD)
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Apr 30, 2011 11:10 PM

May 2010
choyos said:

Anyways, awesome stuff so far ^^

This is the only thing that annoys me. It's like she's one of those spoilt kids whose allowed to run wild with no consequences. Other than that, its all awesome.
Apr 30, 2011 11:47 PM

Sep 2007
u so sily Shiro

Finally the other deadman start appearing. It's already 3 episodes in. How the hell do they intend on getting enough screentime for the main deadmen?
Apr 30, 2011 11:59 PM

May 2010
I liked how at the start they showed that not everyone approves of the whole bloodbath thing. Good to know.

As for the rest, I am confused. However, I think it's been spoiled for me already, by a jerky 'friend' >:(
May 1, 2011 1:36 AM

Oct 2009
Wtf, the animation just went down three folds. Wow, what a dissapointment; first they screw up the content by just rushing an original anime ending and now they fucked up the only good part -- the animated Shiro. The ONLY reason I'm watching this is to see Shiro animated and they fucked it up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2011 2:11 AM

Mar 2010
I'm having a great time watching this series, but jeez, could it be progressing any more fast!? I feel like the story is being shoved down my throat despite it's sweetness. It's just a little too fast paced for my liking. Oh, and I love the OP and ED themes! Looking forward to the next!
May 1, 2011 2:22 AM

Jun 2009
lol @ Promoter Tamaki having an orgasm when Ganta released his powah.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mystik - Jul 2, 2011

346 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.