Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 27, 2011 8:30 PM
Jan 2011
I love the red head girl
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 27, 2011 10:40 PM
Apr 2010
full of lulz. :D
Apr 28, 2011 12:31 AM

Aug 2010
This episode really did deliver. 5/5, I laughed a lot, and the serious scenes were well done too.

I'm still hoping for Kirino to come back in the last episode (even though it was nice to see the characters mentioning her quite a few times), it's just not the same without her. I loved it when Kuroneko told Kyousuke she loves him as much as his sister.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention that the OP was great, it was definitely a good way to start the episode. And thank God they chopped down on Manami moments, I was afraid she would ruin these episodes.
Mogami-kunApr 28, 2011 12:35 AM
Apr 28, 2011 3:24 AM

Oct 2010
those guys sure don't mess around, seriously

and i +1 the kuroneko on bed part, such a tease
lots of music -
Apr 28, 2011 9:06 AM

Dec 2010
Kuroneko has such a sexy voice. Can't resist :3
Apr 28, 2011 9:10 AM
Oct 2010
Oh good grief, now Kirino's being listed as a supporting character. Really unnerving...
Apr 28, 2011 9:31 AM

Jul 2009
Ah, so that's where this particular H-doujin comes from :3

Obviously NSFW.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 28, 2011 9:36 AM

Sep 2009
Maugomale said:
Blackbird said:
They took 3rd place, that's quite awesome if I am correct here.

Incorrect. They got the best 'kusoge' (shitty game) honorable mention

I lol'ed when this came up, it was so sad. I can't help but feel sympathy for Kuroneko, she put so much into it...
Apr 28, 2011 9:52 AM

Dec 2009
I hope Kirino comes back on the next episode. Is not the same without her around since she's my favorite character of this series.
Apr 28, 2011 11:12 AM
Mar 2011
Best part was in the opening with Manami and Kyouseke's corpse/ghost.

I didn't really pay attention to the OP's during the first watch of the series and regret that now. Hopefully someone will upload them all to YouTube.
Apr 28, 2011 11:34 AM
Dec 2007
Maugomale said:
Oh good grief, now Kirino's being listed as a supporting character. Really unnerving...
Well yeah, a character that's not there for at least 3 of the 4 episodes can't be a main. She's merely the unseen motivation behind Ruri's and Kyousuke's actions (Ruri feels like she has to surpass her and Kyousuke became close to Ruri as a result of her not being there anymore). The specials are basically completely centered on Ruri and Kyousuke and their way of living now that Kirino is not there anymore. I don't see why this pisses you off so much. Kirino will be back to main status once they announce a season 2.

Apr 28, 2011 12:13 PM
Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Well yeah, a character that's not there for at least 3 of the 4 episodes can't be a main. She's merely the unseen motivation behind Ruri's and Kyousuke's actions (Ruri feels like she has to surpass her and Kyousuke became close to Ruri as a result of her not being there anymore). The specials are basically completely centered on Ruri and Kyousuke and their way of living now that Kirino is not there anymore. I don't see why this pisses you off so much. Kirino will be back to main status once they announce a season 2.

Consider how this is an extension of the the series which is she was the centerpiece, and how she was present in episode 12b and will be back for the last one. Plus, the series name is still entitled to her.
DunkmaruApr 28, 2011 12:18 PM
Apr 28, 2011 4:36 PM
Apr 2011
Best Shiity Game Award...
Judges never seen a godly game like this; so they shunned it lol
Apr 28, 2011 4:40 PM
Dec 2007
Maugomale said:
Leon-Gun said:

Consider how this is an extension of the the series which is she was the centerpiece, and how she was present in episode 12b and will be back for the last one. Plus, the series name is still entitled to her.
I'll give you a few points there but the whole title part is ridiculous there. Plenty of series have title characters who end up kicked into secondary roles (Toaru Majutsu no Index's Index is one of them).

Anyway, even though they're a continuation, the specials change the mood and set the spotlight over two characters in particular. It's basically as if we state "volume X focuses on Y character". Kirino is a main of the series as a whole, I don't think anyone can disagree but that's not the issue here.

Apr 28, 2011 5:42 PM

Oct 2008
And thus Kuroneko is shown to be better than Kirino beyond a shadow of doubt.
Apr 28, 2011 8:00 PM
Dec 2007
Chuee said:
IndexFanboy214 said:
I love the red head girl

She's ****ing weird though.
In an awesome way. Wouldn't want to be her friend though. I mean, all her friends seem to end up in BL projects.

Apr 28, 2011 8:04 PM
Apr 2011
Kuroneko x Kyousuke pairing is looking mighty nice right about now ;)
Apr 29, 2011 5:39 AM

Oct 2009
Hehe, even though I was starting to get annoyed with Kuroneko/Akagi the:

And the Kuroneko bed scene was gg no re.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2011 8:56 AM

Nov 2009
There were so many hilarious quotes and scenes in this episode. The RPG game Akagi was making was hilarious, and the characters sure said a lot of things that I didn't expect they would.

I enjoyed the scene when Kuroneko was in Kyousuke's room. Kuroneko really is awesome <3

I've always loved the OP of the OreImo series, this one was great as well. The song is really addicting.

Overall, these episodes have surprised me at how good they are, and how much I enjoyed them. This series has become one of the series that I enjoy most, and I hope there will be another season covering even more of the original story.
Apr 29, 2011 5:37 PM

Nov 2008
restore said:
Villetta_Nu said:
Really starting to dislike Kuroneko! She seems to be competing with Kirino...and Kirino is not even there! She gets upset with Kyousuke for treating her like a substitute for Kirino, but insists on calling him nii-san when they're alone. This girl is a head case.

I'm just waiting for my favorite character in this show to return. Hopefully she comes back next episode b/c the show is not the same without her. The title for the next episode seems to hint that there will be a second season and hopefully its true. Other than that, this episode seemed bland, but w/e. It was kind of enjoyable nonetheless. Waiting period begins : (
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 29, 2011 6:56 PM

Apr 2009
This whole episode was hilarious. Only 1 more left T.T
Apr 30, 2011 9:01 AM

May 2010
that homo-fantasies are terrible xD

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Apr 30, 2011 12:26 PM

Nov 2010
Series are better off without Kirino, frankly i gave the Tv show rating of around 4-5 just because of her. But Kuroneko settles with me a bit better, well, she's the right type of geek haha.
Apr 30, 2011 3:27 PM

Mar 2008
Loving these specials. I can't believe there's only one left. ;_;

I'm desperate for more. Would there be more material in the novels to warrant more episodes or anything..?
Apr 30, 2011 9:32 PM
Oct 2008
I knew it!!!! Kureneko is a Type-Moon fan. Mystic Eyes of Bug Perception ftw.
Apr 30, 2011 10:12 PM

Feb 2011
Damn I don't want it to end, I'm so enjoying this show!! I pray to all fates, that there is a second season of this awesome series.

Love Akagi, she makes me laugh, her quotes are pure gold: "Sexual Harassment Senpai." (look who's talking). One of the best shows I've seen so far.
May 1, 2011 3:39 AM

Aug 2009
bitch kusoneko.
May 2, 2011 6:43 AM

Nov 2010
I miss Kirino. I wish she were here. Without her, all those episodes don’t have any color and sound empty. I can understand why many of you don’t like her so much, but it makes me sad. If you can understand Kuroneko’s personality, I’m positive that you can understand Kirino’s too.
May 2, 2011 4:00 PM
Dec 2007
Very interesting developments in this penultimate episode. His kouhai really is cute.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 3, 2011 6:05 AM

Aug 2010
Teen complex name lol whut?

And I totally agree with kuroneko99 on this:

kuroneko99 said:
I miss Kirino. I wish she were here. Without her, all those episodes don’t have any color and sound empty. I can understand why many of you don’t like her so much, but it makes me sad. If you can understand Kuroneko’s personality, I’m positive that you can understand Kirino’s too.
May 3, 2011 8:23 AM

Jun 2008
From the end of the second special episode, I expected Kuroneko to have "given up", but in this episode, she didn't seem like she gave up on anything at all...

Veerlos said:
And I totally agree with kuroneko99 on this:

kuroneko99 said:

True.
May 3, 2011 7:11 PM

Mar 2009
Loving Kuroneko more every ep, but NEEDZ MOAR KIRINO!!

Urahara Out!!
May 5, 2011 8:30 PM

Jun 2008
MrHatandClogs said:

VERY WRONG...

The less that disgusting bitch appears on screen the better....

This anime is about a MILLION times better ever since that bitch left.

ALL HAIL KURONEKO!!!!
May 6, 2011 2:29 AM

Sep 2010
This episode was really great. Also that 'Worst game award' was a failure (of that game club I mean).

alexcampos said:
MrHatandClogs said:

VERY WRONG...

The less that disgusting bitch appears on screen the better....

This anime is about a MILLION times better ever since that bitch left.

ALL HAIL KURONEKO!!!!

I also thought I would miss Kirino, but I don't miss her at all. The show is even better without her, though is feels a lot different.
May 8, 2011 1:43 PM
Dec 2007
defunct said:
Loving these specials. I can't believe there's only one left. ;_;

I'm desperate for more. Would there be more material in the novels to warrant more episodes or anything..?
Well, if they wait a little I'm sure there would be enough material for another season. Actually, the material they have at their disposal atm is the one that actually starts to answer some of the lingering questions that made the first season an uneven experience, mostly why the hell does Kyousuke and Kirino had that complicated relationship to begin with.

May 8, 2011 11:40 PM
Aug 2010
Show is still good but not as funny without Kirino. Hope she comes back in the last episode. She's (primarily) what made the first season so damn funny.

Don't get me wrong, Kuroneko is great, but she's a lot funnier as a foil to Kirino.
May 9, 2011 2:35 PM
Nov 2008
I really don't understand what people like about Kirino. She treated her brother like dirt and was mean to all her friends for most of the season.
She was unfunny and i even had trouble watching her scenes most of times.
This anime has become sooooooooooooo much better since she left.
HerculeMay 10, 2011 1:05 AM
May 9, 2011 11:21 PM

May 2009
great episode the more kuroneko the better :D anyway hopefully some sort of a deeper relationship develops between her and him because they keep on giving interesting parts to the story. Also... the part where Kyouseke suggests an eroge is where I loled and also the part about the intense yaoi complexes....
May 10, 2011 1:21 PM
Oct 2010
Hercule said:
I really don't understand what people like about Kirino. She treated her brother like dirt and was mean to all her friends for most of the season.
She was unfunny and i even had trouble watching her scenes most of times.
This anime has become sooooooooooooo much better since she left.

Just because you don't like her doesn't mean others can't
May 12, 2011 2:29 AM
Nov 2008
Maugomale said:

I agree but what kind of redeeming factors does Kirino have?
I got a feeling that if Kirino looked like Gonk no one would have liked her:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Gonk
May 14, 2011 8:02 PM

Aug 2010
Omg Akagi's game was just O_O

And Kyousuke needs to read Kuroneko's signs better!
May 18, 2011 8:58 PM

Oct 2010
Just marathoned through the OreImo specials today, and I've gotta say..

Ruri is definitely better than Kirino ^^

If only Kyousuke saw it as this. Can't wait for the last one. Here's hoping for a second season as well.
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
May 19, 2011 7:39 PM
Jul 2018
Looking forward to the last episode, hopefully it ends well. a little bit of romance between kuroneko and kyousuke would be welcome
May 21, 2011 7:54 PM
Aug 2009
They totally should just make a second season.
Totally hoping they end the series like this~
http://seanver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Oreimo_PSP_0077_Ebene-94.png
Wasn't much of a Saori fan until I saw her on the PSP games
Note: this shouldn't spoil anything as the PSP game goes through every female character route for an ending.
CitrixMay 21, 2011 10:15 PM
May 23, 2011 12:25 AM

Dec 2007
Hercule said:
Maugomale said:

I agree but what kind of redeeming factors does Kirino have?
I got a feeling that if Kirino looked like Gonk no one would have liked her:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Gonk

QFT.
Seriously, these OVAs really tick me off. Not because they're bad, but exactly because they're good. We've been stuck with that brat's tantrums through 12 episodes, acting like everyone around her is trash, ungrateful, prideful b....
And then we get Ruri at the end, and OMG! WANT MOAR!
And THEN we get a slap in the face from the creators "Ooops, we only have 3 episodes with her" (I don't count the Alternative 12th episode)
I Mean COME ON. This show clearly should have been about KuronekoxKyousuke.

PS: Gonk... Like THIS? XD

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
May 23, 2011 4:33 AM
Oct 2010
Maurox said:

And yet, it isn't. Just because you think it should be, doesn't mean the author needs to appease you.

Volume 8 spoilers:

And here's something to the guy you were quoting, which is pretty much what I said before: just because you can't see any redeeming factors in her, doesn't mean others can't. Stop being so shallow about it.
DunkmaruMay 23, 2011 4:49 AM
May 23, 2011 9:02 AM

Dec 2007
Maugomale said:
Maurox said:

And yet, it isn't. Just because you think it should be, doesn't mean the author needs to appease you.

Volume 8 spoilers:

And here's something to the guy you were quoting, which is pretty much what I said before: just because you can't see any redeeming factors in her, doesn't mean others can't. Stop being so shallow about it.

Of course they don't have to. Neither do they have to make good anime, with likeable characters and interesting story. They are free to create whatever they want, including ungrateful brats, and wuss protagonist who should have taken a stand, instead of letting himself be pushed around. And other people are just as free to like this kind of crap, albeit that makes me question their taste.

But guess what. Just as authors are free to do it and viewers are free to like it, I am free to not like it, think they completely failed when choosing main characters, and state the above opinion. I am also free to think that this show wasted 12 episodes on an ungrateful, bratty bitch instead of focusing on a really cute and likable character, and that it would've been better off throwing Kirino out on the second episode.

Now, of course this is only my opinion, but since it IS my opinion, I will continue to think that I am right, because if I didn't, It wouldn't be my opinion now, would it? And since I think that I am right, I don't see anything wrong with stating that I think I am right.

PS:
Very well, about those "redeeming qualities" - let's hear some. Other than "good-looking" that is. Good looks is pretty much a standard in anime, not a quality.
MauroxMay 23, 2011 9:07 AM

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
May 23, 2011 1:58 PM
Oct 2010
otohime said:
Actual link to where you've read that, please.

It's been all over the internet for quite a while now. How about giving Google a go?

Maurox said:

Of course they don't have to. Neither do they have to make good anime, with likeable characters and interesting story. They are free to create whatever they want, including ungrateful brats, and wuss protagonist who should have taken a stand, instead of letting himself be pushed around. And other people are just as free to like this kind of crap, albeit that makes me question their taste.

But guess what. Just as authors are free to do it and viewers are free to like it, I am free to not like it, think they completely failed when choosing main characters, and state the above opinion. I am also free to think that this show wasted 12 episodes on an ungrateful, bratty bitch instead of focusing on a really cute and likable character, and that it would've been better off throwing Kirino out on the second episode.

Now, of course this is only my opinion, but since it IS my opinion, I will continue to think that I am right, because if I didn't, It wouldn't be my opinion now, would it? And since I think that I am right, I don't see anything wrong with stating that I think I am right.

So, because it goes against your preferences, it's automatically bad, and makes the author's taste for writing bad as well? Boy, you can't be more self-centered, can you? Let me ask, since it fails to appease you, why then, are you still watching it?

PS:
Very well, about those "redeeming qualities" - let's hear some. Other than "good-looking" that is. Good looks is pretty much a standard in anime, not a quality.

Think I'm just gonna hand it out in a silver plate? Figure it out yourself.
May 23, 2011 4:30 PM

May 2010
Maurox said:
QFT.
Seriously, these OVAs really tick me off. Not because they're bad, but exactly because they're good.

I agree whole-heartedly. It's frustrating how good this special is & the TV show being pretty "Meh" with the only entertaining parts being the back & forth comments between Kuroneko & Kirino....

Maugomale said:

So, because it goes against your preferences, it's automatically bad, and makes the author's taste for writing bad as well? Boy, you can't be more self-centered, can you? Let me ask, since it fails to appease you, why then, are you still watching it?

Pardon me on the intrusion but he could still be watching seeing as this Special is more about Ruri with less to no Kirino....
Jun 1, 2011 12:16 PM

Apr 2010
To me it seemed like Kuroneko was going to confess but in the end she didn't and encouraged Kyousuke to go to the States.
And when he goes to the state first thing Kirino says and what are you doing here.
She certainly is a nice sister...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Specials Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 30, 2011

278 by Lazulite »»
Jan 20, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hitei - Mar 29, 2011

218 by Lazulite »»
Jan 20, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 21, 2011

223 by Lazulite »»
Jan 19, 4:23 PM

» info etc

zimno - Feb 1, 2011

11 by Etceteral »»
Jul 2, 2020 9:19 PM

» How fast Kuroneko write [episode 3]

Wannabiteme - Feb 27, 2015

2 by Wannabiteme »»
Mar 14, 2015 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.