Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 8, 2011 9:49 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woah woah woah, that caught me by surprise.
Those clothes Victorique was wearing didn't look half-bad, actually.
I'd say better than the previous ones.
Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to imply anything weird here.
And she's reading about the sea, naaww.
That candy kinda looked too good to eat.
Cecil ate the whole cake. You glutton. ☜(゚∀゚☜)
And there we go with the kimono again. I lol'd.

Tl;dr Victo made so many great faces in this episode. And this was quite a lulzy episode.
Oh and, Kazuya's sister > Victorique. Dohohohoh
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 8, 2011 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
Really nice summer vacation ep. with Kazuya's sister introduced.

Scary preview for next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 8, 2011 12:12 PM

Jun 2009
Nothing much happened in this episode, but I like it. I also like the part where Kujo climbed the tree.

Apr 8, 2011 12:18 PM

Apr 2008
cute episode.
Backstory Get!

Great Success!
Apr 8, 2011 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
Nice episode and Victorica looks better in the pink and purple dress, I liked Victorica's reaction when Kujo climbed the tree, she was showing some feelings there.

Apr 8, 2011 12:32 PM

Sep 2008
I actually really liked the episode because Kujo is an interesting character because of his background. Hopefully there will be more flashbacks to come, or at least more Ruri anywhere.

Victorique's lilac dress is just as amazing as her black one though; I love it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2011 12:58 PM

Nov 2008
It felt like a filler but it was actually nice. I wonder if they will ever have a meaningful romantic relationship?

Poor Avril, she has a rival. But it seem that she will be back soon.
Apr 8, 2011 1:28 PM

Mar 2010
That was a really cute episode. Victorique is way to stubborn sometimes though, my goodness.
Apr 8, 2011 1:29 PM

Apr 2010
Now we know a little more about Kujo's background besides the fact that his father was pretty harsh on him.
His sister seems like a nice person tho his brother seems like that type that doesn't like losing even tho it took him pretty long to figure out the riddle Victorique send him.
I wonder of Victorique can read Japanese as she was watching some of the things Kujo gave her like that magazine.
Tho Kujo also dod some reading out loud.

I wonder if we get a few episodes in Japan with Kujo's family i wonder how they would react to Victorique.
Apr 8, 2011 1:50 PM

Oct 2010
That was a lot of cake on a single sitting... Not even water, she ate that whole cake just like that.
New dress was really nice.
This episode gave really nice background about Kujo and I get the feeling the sister might be visiting eventually *giggles*
huh?
Apr 8, 2011 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
i loved this episode! Victorique= Soooo kawaiiiiii!

Good filler. :)
Apr 8, 2011 3:17 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, get to know a bit of Kujo's family, huh ;)

Apr 8, 2011 3:24 PM

Nov 2010
How did she not get another cold from staying in the rain for so long? lol at chick eating a randoms person cake? the candy did loolk pretty leet =3
Apr 8, 2011 3:42 PM

Sep 2010
I loved this episode♥
Victorique was so cute here :)
Apr 8, 2011 3:56 PM

Jul 2010
QueueQ said:
How did she not get another cold from staying in the rain for so long?
Rain colds? A myth if I ever heard one!

I can't believe Avril was surprised to learn Victorique is a girl. How many guys named Victorique/Victorica do you know?

That teacher ate the whole... damn... cake. Come on, really? First off, I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to eat a random cake they found next to a bunch of books. And on top of that she ate the whole thing. o.O

Victorique annoyed me at a few points this episode, but she was all right in the end. I suppose. I love her new dress; looks like they're using it again in the next episode, too.
Apr 8, 2011 4:04 PM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
That candy kinda looked too good to eat.
true true *drools*

Kujo will definitely make a great dad someday ;D
Victorique's dress is so pretty and i want that frilly parasol! :3
Apr 8, 2011 4:07 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, filler episode. But it was nice, I guess. Avril couldn't tell Victorique is a girl from the name? That's too unbelievable. Victorique's new dress is super cute; I like it better than her normal black one. The cake scene was hilarious. I mean, why would the teacher eat an entire cake that doesn't even belong to her?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 8, 2011 4:18 PM

Aug 2009
I guess we can remove the mystery genre and add slice of life in there.

But it's been a while since I've enjoyed a Gosick episode this much. Let's hope they'll manage to keep this up.
5/5

Also, did I hear Miki Itou as Kujo's mother?!
Apr 8, 2011 4:27 PM

Jan 2009
STM said:
Yep, that's some Itou Miki, right thar.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 8, 2011 4:43 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
STM said:
Yep, that's some Itou Miki, right thar.

Delicious Itou Miki. <3 This anime just got loads better.
Apr 8, 2011 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
Seriously that was the easiest riddle ever, if you can call even it one. I bet most people could solve it 1/4 of the way into the question. This show was my favorite for Winter 2010/2011 :D Whose "Itou Miki" btw? I google'd it thinking it was some famous real life Japanese World War II character but found out it was a popular VA? Didn't really pay attention but are you guys saying Kujo's mom is being voiced by Itou Miki or the name of Kujo's mom is a allusion to someone in real life named Itou Miki.
JohnyBeGoodApr 8, 2011 6:29 PM
Apr 8, 2011 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
Well, I like this episode
it was good and not blah xD
Victorique showing emotions like always~
oh so cute <3
as for the riddles, I wonder if someone can solve it without watching the anime xDD
lol
Apr 8, 2011 8:32 PM

Apr 2008
Victoria so cute as ever xD

Apr 8, 2011 8:41 PM

Aug 2010
Victorique's dress was really cute and the episode was nice and relaxing.
Apr 8, 2011 10:09 PM
Apr 8, 2011 10:41 PM

Aug 2010
omg double rainbow
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Apr 8, 2011 11:13 PM

Jan 2011
I think the red ribbon has them thoroughly entangled. I loved the early part where Victoria is thinking about how stupid Kujo is for going to the sea with Avril when he could be staying with her. We almost saw a bit of her deredere side until she tripped on the kimona and then it was all tsuntsun (Lick it up!). As some discussion has said in earlier episode forums, Victorique's dismal upbringing doesn't give her a lot of models for how to show affection. Come on Kujo, you're going to have to take the initiative here...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 9, 2011 12:03 AM

Sep 2009
Very nice episode. I was hoping they would sneak Victorique to the mediterranean though.
Apr 9, 2011 1:16 AM

Sep 2010
An episode I didn't particularly enjoy. Victorique is really starting to get on my nerves. She always annoyed me, but when you take away all the plot progression and put her in the spotlight in a slice of life filler episode, it really becomes noticeable. I don't see the appeal of a stubborn, unreasonable loli who doesn't seem to be able to do anything competently other than solve mysteries.
Apr 9, 2011 3:34 AM
Sep 2009
This series has the same feeling for me as spice and wolf. Not much is happening, but I kinda like it and characters are very enjoyable.
Apr 9, 2011 3:45 AM

Nov 2008
Yet another cute filler episode <3 Victorique always makes me smile :)

Come to think of it, Avril never met Victorique only the fake Avril XDD

Good thing this is a 24-ep series. :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 9, 2011 4:27 AM

Jun 2009
Seeing more of Kujo's past, Victorique wearing different dress than usual and Cecile eating the cake were highlights of this episode for me. However, it was quite boring. :( I was hoping to see more of Avril. :/ Other than things I have mentioned, this episode was annoying.
Apr 9, 2011 4:50 AM

Dec 2009
Is it weird I like this show the best when the focus is entirely on Kujo and Victorique and there isn't some predictable mystery in the way? At least things can get interesting now that Avril developed a brain and realizes that Victorique is a girl, lol.
Ara ara.
Apr 9, 2011 6:08 AM

Apr 2011
so sad her cake was eaten lol,
finally i can saw kujo when he still child and his family too...
Apr 9, 2011 7:40 AM

Feb 2009
DoctorDoom said:
Is it weird I like this show the best when the focus is entirely on Kujo and Victorique and there isn't some predictable mystery in the way?.
No it isn't because I feel the same way. These past two episodes were much enjoyable than the ones with the mysteries.
I'd like some more Avril as well but Victorique in that new dress works too.
Apr 9, 2011 9:59 AM

Aug 2010
Hehe, loved the episode :D
Still, I hope for Victorique to get over her stubbornness soon.
And hey, I just realized something. That prophet from the Grey Wolve's city told them both that they will be together at heart(love) but phisically departed. I think that Kujo, after all his adventures with Victorique will go back to Japan.
Also, he has quite an interesting sister(in many ways xD) and brothers...
Apr 9, 2011 10:39 AM

May 2010
I though Avril's going to have more screentime but looks like it'll be on next ep.

Anyway, good filler episode. Nothing much happened except for Kujo's backstory.

Victorique <3

Her "challenge accepted" version.

LOL. Double Rainbow!!
Apr 9, 2011 10:45 AM

May 2008
Victorica certainly had a bad day, but the cuteness was overwhelming. Also...

DOUBLE RAINBOW! ALL THE WAY! OMG!

I am a banana.
Apr 9, 2011 3:00 PM
Jul 2009
saxophone15 said:
Very nice episode. I was hoping they would sneak Victorique to the mediterranean though.

Ah someone else thought this too? Haha.
Also this episode and the last was based off a side book (Gosicks) if you're wondering why it feels like filler.
Favorite episode so far btw, I laughed quite a lot.
Apr 9, 2011 4:40 PM

Dec 2008
Victorique is not cute anymore. In fact, I am starting to find her quite annoying! Instead of pouting and carrying on like some spoiled brat, she should be grateful that someone even wants to spend time with her tsundere ass!

Kujo and Avril are great together. I'd much rather see that relationship progress. Victorique just needs to be left alone.
Apr 9, 2011 5:14 PM

Sep 2010
I loved this episode.
It was relaxed, we got to see Vicotrique act all cute, and we learned an important bit about Kujo's family.
Also, her clothes...
Apr 9, 2011 6:09 PM

Feb 2011
Kujo's backstory was nice but Victorique was the star of this episode with her new dress. I found it funny that Kujo's sister wrote that in the corner of the letter. Though it's not good to lie in the first place so it was needed.
Apr 9, 2011 7:34 PM

Aug 2008
A good character building episode. I'm guessing that if you like these two characters you'll find this very entertaining, and if you don't you probably found this rather boring. I'm fall under the group of the former; I greatly enjoyed the seeing these two characters build summer memories together. It's the stuff you'll remember and hold onto likely for the rest of your life. Victorique has grown on me as a memorable tsundere. A term I get to throw around less and less in the positive sense. She's getting up there with Taiga Aisaka in my book of adorable and awesome (it's a small book).

I'm assuming that after two straight episodes of relatively laid back character building we'll get another intriguing mystery. Probably a mystery instigated by Kujo's lack or wealth of luck.

Apr 9, 2011 9:42 PM

Jun 2010
Finally an episode with no cases and just relaxing. I like Victorique's view of Kujo.

Apr 9, 2011 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
This episode is so peaceful. Haha Victorique sure is competitive. I love the letter exchange between her and Kujo's brother.
Apr 9, 2011 11:14 PM

Jun 2009
It was a cute episode

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Apr 10, 2011 1:10 AM

Feb 2010
boring :<
Apr 10, 2011 8:08 AM

Jul 2010
AzureSkyz said:
An episode I didn't particularly enjoy. Victorique is really starting to get on my nerves. She always annoyed me, but when you take away all the plot progression and put her in the spotlight in a slice of life filler episode, it really becomes noticeable. I don't see the appeal of a stubborn, unreasonable loli who doesn't seem to be able to do anything competently other than solve mysteries.

^This.
Seriously, this show already has Kujo, please, don't make it even worse by making another main character as just another annoying brat. Without mystery, this show is nearly nothing as I see :|
Apr 10, 2011 8:11 AM

Jan 2011
Yeah, agreed with some posts above. This maybe simply the cutest episode ever.

Highlights in this one are Kujo's sister and Victorique's KAWAII~~~ face
Apr 10, 2011 3:54 PM

Jun 2008
What a lazy episode that was (I'm not saying that in a bad way)....

But it did remind me of summer....(I HATE SUMMER BTW)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.