Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2011 11:34 AM

Apr 2010
lololololtopanimesrsbusiness
Apr 9, 2011 11:40 AM

Jul 2007
lpfManiak said:
  – that first episode really was shitty
  – whatever, I rate it a 10 to follow the crowd because I don’t want to look like a nutjob

Hello, happy to see that Gintama’ actually is first! Definitely the best anime I ever watched so far. Only downside it only has one episode but it really is my favorite anime of all time

maybe you should try watching the previous seasons first so you'll understand why it's #1, but nice attempt at trolling.
Apr 9, 2011 11:50 AM

Apr 2010
It's true though. I almost got bashed by someone because I rated Gintama' a 9. Like, really?
Apr 9, 2011 1:37 PM

Oct 2010
GaZsTiC said:
Solkiskey said:
It's true though. I almost got bashed by someone because I rated Gintama' a 9. Like, really?

Rating Gintama a 9 is just...wrong.

In other news, the Gintama movie is now on the Top Anime page!

LOL Gintama is dominating the rankings in MAL I love it xDD..

Haters are already trollin' just ignore them..

Apr 9, 2011 1:44 PM

Nov 2010
orzel286 said:
I'm not a gintama hater but...

9.48? O_o
And the worse (and worst - well nevermind the score) thing is - why the fuck are there already REVIEWS for this? After ONLY ONE ep!?

OMG some ppl are so retarded... Get a fucking grip - it's like saying "this car is so fast, economical etc - just perfect" when you only saw it's ad on tv.

Specially for you - I'll hit my keybord with my head:

cvgtvdrfgtvrfvijkumjuyhy

Heh... It's a new peak of mals idiocy - good job! Keep on trollin'!

/Facepalm.

myth720 said:
oh they actually updated the list!
ahh it totally deserves this rank, Gintama is really that good and f*k the haters. (I'm sure the trolls are getting ready... suck for them Gintama is the biggest troll :P)

I totally Agree with this. :D Gintoki, Kagura and Shinpachi's faces at the opening proves they troll every troll.

Suzune-chan said:
Hyoroemon said:
Rank 1? Seriously? WTF!?

Actually my thought exactly. How can one adequately vote on something that just started. You never know it could fail like the second season on Haruhi.

Gintama & Failing? Never see that one comin' to be honest.

It deserves it place, my honest opinion: ** the hata's!!!11!!
Apr 9, 2011 2:11 PM

Apr 2010
GaZsTiC said:
Solkiskey said:

Rating Gintama a 9 is just...wrong.

In other news, the Gintama movie is now on the Top Anime page!

Still, lol. I just can't give it a 10 yet. Maybe when I'll be finished.
Apr 9, 2011 3:14 PM
Apr 2011
Wow, so amazing to find a place where Gintama is thriving!
Apr 9, 2011 6:55 PM

Sep 2009
Well it's deserved, if it's like the previous then it so does go into my favorites XD
I shall now watch and see how epic it is m.m
Apr 9, 2011 7:24 PM

Nov 2010
wow, no LoGH fanboys hav- oh wait.
Apr 9, 2011 8:01 PM

Nov 2007
9.48 WHAT?!?!

click the spoiler below to get my 2 cents ^_^*

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 9, 2011 8:22 PM

Nov 2007
orzel286 said:
Oooooh I can already see clannad fanboyz doing this.... :D

Clannad fanboy here. I am so gonna give it a 10. So rest assured. The rating is there to stay. ^_^
Coronavirus.
Apr 9, 2011 9:52 PM

Nov 2009
Well Im a Gintama fanboy, but not putting 1 to LOGH ( tryed the OVA but wasnt my thing ) , FMA ( wich should be great cuz I loved the manga ), and Clannad ( loved the game, didnt play after story )

To each its own...
Apr 9, 2011 11:10 PM

Feb 2010
Here's the thing.

FUCK THE HATERS!!! XD
Apr 10, 2011 7:16 AM

Jul 2008
I don't care if this is the greatest anime of all time you can't rate ANYYYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING after one episode.
Apr 10, 2011 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
myth720 said:
lpfManiak said:
  – that first episode really was shitty
  – whatever, I rate it a 10 to follow the crowd because I don’t want to look like a nutjob

Hello, happy to see that Gintama’ actually is first! Definitely the best anime I ever watched so far. Only downside it only has one episode but it really is my favorite anime of all time

maybe you should try watching the previous seasons first so you'll understand why it's #1, but nice attempt at trolling.

*sigh* why do people watch sequels without seeing the 1st seasons of stuff. its stupid and makes no sense, then they wonder why they arent enjoying it.
Apr 10, 2011 7:45 AM

Nov 2010
lmao i totally knew the trolls were coming. but anyways as for the scoring, im not one of those people that think nothing deserves a perfect score. And i also rate shows from what i think of it up to the current ep. but in Gintamas case since its more like ep 202 instead of another season, im giving it a 10 regardless. cuz after watching 201 eps of Gintama before, its clear to me that no other show can compare to this masterpiece.
Hokuto_no_FuzzApr 10, 2011 7:50 AM
Apr 10, 2011 10:06 AM
Nov 2009
lol @ troll accounts.

Some people need hobbies.
Apr 10, 2011 11:36 AM

Nov 2007
2-D said:
I don't care if this is the greatest anime of all time you can't rate ANYYYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING after one episode.

Frankly speaking, I would have given Clannad After Story a 10 out of 10 after watching the first episode. Since I knew the awesomeness I was going to take a ride on strictly because I saw Clannad and loved it before watching After Story. Same thing goes for Gintama. And yes, because it is a direct sequel, and we, the Gintama fans know what are likely to come. There are examples of shows being dropped altogether though. While I loved Haruhi S1, dropped S2 thanks to E8.

Those who saw episode 202 skipping the first 201 episodes are unlikely to enjoy
the change in Gintoki, they might enjoy seeing a beauty in Kagura, but thats not what is supposed to be enjoyed. Sadaharu and Otose-snack bar crew's bizarre transformation, a gorilla landing on O-tae (unforgivable!, you hear me, UNFORGIVABLE!), Kyuubei doing one of the greatest sins by attaching herself with the tower of babylon (ZETTAI URUSANAI!!), revelation of Zurako and what is likely to come in the next episode as Sougo apparently now the head of Sougogumi, you cannot enjoy them as much as they are supposed to be enjoyed if you havent seen the past 201 episodes.

I would rather see only handful of people watching Gintama' compared to Gintama. Hate or love this show, Gintama' is THE trend in Japan (says one of my friends living in tokyo).
Coronavirus.
Apr 10, 2011 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
kuroshiroi said:
You gave Haruhi a 1, I'm going to remove your account.

Remove yourself for not even having lotgh on your list :D

See what I did there? That policy is in place for necessary reasons and I wouldn't criticise others for doing exactly what you're doing.

There's a difference between "nooo, I can't watch it anym... (vomit)" and trolling for the sake of trolling. AFAIK JuliusRage and XxdoobxX accounts are still around just becouse they are main accounts while at the same time they fit the description of "ratings trolls." Hell maybe I'll just quote this:
XxdoobxX said:
This place sucks and filled with Legend of the Galactic Heroes fantards. I deliberately scored it as 1 to see how long this account hold on this place.

XD

Maybe MAL needs to get rid of the scoring system? :P
Apr 10, 2011 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
I'm not a LoGH fanboy, and I gave it a 10.
I'm not a Gintama fanboy, and I gave it a 10.
I'm not a CLANNAD fanboy, and I gave it a 10.

Sup gaise, maybe multiple shows are really good and can be deserving of tens based on your opinion. The opinion on MAL is that a lot of people like Gintama. Like seriously? Multiple troll accounts jacking up the score? Yeah, okay, sure.

The higher score doesn't mean it's better so much as it does that more people like it.

Deal with it..
Apr 10, 2011 1:54 PM

Jun 2008
Detective said:

Sup gaise, maybe multiple shows are really good and can be deserving of tens based on your opinion. The opinion on MAL is that a lot of people like Gintama. Like seriously? Multiple troll accounts jacking up the score? Yeah, okay, sure.

The higher score doesn't mean it's better so much as it does that more people like it.

Deal with it..

You're wrong, look at the amount of people who voted for it.
Apr 10, 2011 1:58 PM

Mar 2011
orzel286 said:
kuroshiroi said:
You gave Haruhi a 1, I'm going to remove your account.

Remove yourself for not even having lotgh on your list :D

See what I did there? That policy is in place for necessary reasons and I wouldn't criticise others for doing exactly what you're doing.

There's a difference between "nooo, I can't watch it anym... (vomit)" and trolling for the sake of trolling. AFAIK JuliusRage and XxdoobxX accounts are still around just becouse they are main accounts while at the same time they fit the description of "ratings trolls." Hell maybe I'll just quote this:
XxdoobxX said:
This place sucks and filled with Legend of the Galactic Heroes fantards. I deliberately scored it as 1 to see how long this account hold on this place.

XD

Maybe MAL needs to get rid of the scoring system? :P

No, MAL should keep scoring but remove the top list.
"I'm commander Shepard, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime in the galaxy"
Apr 10, 2011 2:54 PM

Nov 2007
The trolls usually cancel out each other. so there is no point of removing anything. besides the top anime list is pretty damn good. almost 95% of the top 150 anime in MAL are worth a try imho.
Coronavirus.
Apr 10, 2011 4:00 PM

Apr 2010
God, stop complaining about people rating your favorite show a 1.
NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME OPINION AS YOU!

And as the guy said above, deal with it. Rankings don't really matter anyways, they dont really portray how good or bad an anime is. (Well uh... Mars of Destruction could be an exception but.... yeah, you know, yeah.)
Apr 10, 2011 4:02 PM

Mar 2011
No, they are not rating 1 because of their opinion. They are rating it 1 because they want to downgrade the show and they probably never even watched the show.

Who the hell would watch 202 episodes and rate something 1/10 which stands for Unwatchable ?
"I'm commander Shepard, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime in the galaxy"
Apr 10, 2011 4:10 PM

Jul 2009
Dizzee said:
Detective said:

Deal with it.

...wow, it's like I can feel your intolerant whining from across the internet. I recommend growing a sack.
Apr 10, 2011 4:37 PM

May 2010
JohnShepard said:
No, they are not rating 1 because of their opinion. They are rating it 1 because they want to downgrade the show and they probably never even watched the show.

Who the hell would watch 202 episodes and rate something 1/10 which stands for Unwatchable ?

This is right. If you're rating Gintama' a 1, its obviously a troll because you should have watched the previous 201 episodes and if you rated that a 1 (unwatchable), why would you watch the new season or even have finished the original.

I've rated a few high ranked series low, but I've either watched a few episodes or finished it.
Apr 10, 2011 5:59 PM

Apr 2010
Say for example, I did not like Gintama, and I'd rated it a one, then I'd rate the second season a 1 too, to me it's basically the same thing.

My point is that 'Gintama fanboys' are taking this too seriously.
Apr 10, 2011 7:22 PM

Aug 2008
Detective said:
Dizzee said:
Detective said:
...wow, it's like I can't understand what "more people" means.
Fixed. ;p

If you're stingy then click on CLuClu!
Please consider supporting the end of disenfranchisement on MAL.
Purpose is subjective, therefore quality is subjective.
Apr 10, 2011 8:02 PM

Mar 2010
Detective said:

Deal with it..

finally someone who talks some sense.
I think people just need to calm down. Trolls are trolls. They're everywhere. I don't think people should be proud trying to hunt down trolls because it's simply a waste of time. If they bother you that much, they are successful in trolling not only the anime but you as well. It's not like justice would be served if you ban some trolls or whoever rates Gintama a 1. People are entitled to their own opinion and if they feel like rating a show a 1 they have the right to do it. 1 doesn't necessarily have to stand for "unwatchable". It could mean whatever the rater wants it to be. Everyone just needs to relax and not be butthurt about such minor things in life. I doubt the trolls will bring down the ranking THAT much anyways.
I like big cookies and i cannot lie~~~
Apr 10, 2011 10:32 PM

Aug 2008
You're seeing awesome things.
Apr 11, 2011 1:21 AM

Mar 2011
brb rating both seasons a 1
sign me the FUCK up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
Apr 11, 2011 3:40 AM

Oct 2009
A 1 means a lot of things... but to a troll a 1 means "lolol This is gonna piss off some ppl"
BADGES
Apr 11, 2011 3:42 AM
Feb 2008
Homerun-chan said:

Alternatively you could travel back in time, preventing this event from ever happening.
Apr 11, 2011 4:36 AM

Nov 2010
Detective said:
Dizzee said:
Detective said:

Deal with it.

...wow, it's like I can feel your intolerant whining from across the internet. I recommend growing a sack.

Flamewar?
Apr 11, 2011 6:01 AM

Mar 2011
Boony said:
Homerun-chan said:

Alternatively you could travel back in time, preventing this event from ever happening.

I have no need to travel back in time for things like this.
As it should be solidified for the present.
sign me the FUCK up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
Apr 11, 2011 8:12 AM

Jul 2009
xlilaznsoul said:
1 doesn't necessarily have to stand for "unwatchable". It could mean whatever the rater wants it to be.

Well, no. These descriptions are there for a reason - saying "fuck it, for me 1 = masterpiece" makes rating system useless. Languages would be useless just as well if people used words in "I want this word to mean something else" manner. We don't have enough trees to print dictionaries for over 6 billions languages, do we?
Apr 11, 2011 8:16 AM

Aug 2008
orzel286 said:
xlilaznsoul said:
1 doesn't necessarily have to stand for "unwatchable". It could mean whatever the rater wants it to be.

Well, no. These descriptions are there for a reason - saying "fuck it, for me 1 = masterpiece" makes rating system useless. Languages would be useless just as well if people used words in "I want this word to mean something else" manner. We don't have enough trees to print dictionaries for over 6 billions languages, do we?
The descriptions are only a guideline. Reversing the order would make the system useless, however it still makes complete sense if a users ratings are simply spread out more.
Apr 11, 2011 8:38 AM

Mar 2011
Ok call your 1/10 what ever, my point still stands.
Apr 11, 2011 11:10 AM

Feb 2008
As much as i like Gintama i hate fanboys. Giving a show a 10/10 after one episode is like calling a music album the best album ever, even tho you only heard 1 out of 12ish songs. I can see that people are glad to see the show back. But if your over zealous about it you only look like a retard.
Apr 11, 2011 12:43 PM

Oct 2007
It's pretty damn awesome.
Apr 11, 2011 6:35 PM
Apr 2009
Xelzy said:
As much as i like Gintama i hate fanboys. Giving a show a 10/10 after one episode is like calling a music album the best album ever, even tho you only heard 1 out of 12ish songs. I can see that people are glad to see the show back. But if your over zealous about it you only look like a retard.

Except for the fact that it is a direct continuation of a series that has already had 200 episodes.
Apr 11, 2011 7:18 PM

Dec 2008
^^ Hence in my explanation why I gave it a 10. Also as a manga reader its a vote of confidence in Sunrise..
Llama765Apr 11, 2011 7:26 PM
Apr 11, 2011 7:24 PM

Sep 2010
I was going to wait until I watched more of this season to rate it, but after today's epic episode, I seriously couldn't resist rating it a 10!

But hey, I'm a fair judge. If it falls flat later on (which I highly doubt), I'll be sure to change my rating to reflect that. ;)

EDIT: Now everyone, go re-watch the character rankings arc in Gintama. 8D
spicybeefstewApr 11, 2011 7:28 PM
Apr 11, 2011 9:12 PM

Jul 2010
I rated the first episode, the same reason why people change their score drastically from watching the last episode of a series.

It gives a first impression so I just rate, if it changes through my time watching then it will, probably won't for Gintama but hey everyone is different :3

As for complaining, shouldn't we all be grateful to see that Gintama is THE #1 anime on MAL so far, instead of seeing it second or third?

Honestly FMA:B was first for the longest time, and it didn't lose it's first place spot, so Gintama might not either, so everybody just chill and enjoy the show~
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Apr 12, 2011 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
A perfect example of why MAL's rating system seriously needs an update.

EDIT: Also, wow, Deja vu?
Apr 12, 2011 4:17 PM

Nov 2007
Redfoxoffire said:

Every non-Gintama fan (rather I should say hater) should be happy that there are only two different titles for this anime series, Gintama and Gintama'. Had it not been the case, just imagine if it was something like this, you would see a Top Page unprecedented.

Gintama is 'The Benchmark' for Shounen Anime. It sets the standards for any shounen anime.

Edit: Yep. Gintama is the best thing out there.
shanimebibApr 12, 2011 4:56 PM
Coronavirus.
Apr 12, 2011 7:48 PM

Jun 2009
you got to be kidding me only two episodes showed up and then it's top 1!!
Apr 12, 2011 11:36 PM

Jul 2007
Redfoxoffire said:

Less deja-vu and more like a broken record.

I've never expected Gintama to rank so high, since it was always so underappreciated. But even so, it's really that good and the core of fans rate it accordingly. since it's unlikely ppl who hate it would continue and watch, it explains why it's rated so high.

and it's not after 1 (2 now) ep, it's after 201. All that the ranking says is there are more fans watching this series than non-fans watching other shows. Probably because it's a niche show and not something anyone could appreciate. So get over it and move on. There will be other shows ranked first eventually, would you make a fuss over that too? did other shows get such a fuss? Or is it because Gintama is a parody? :/
myth720Apr 12, 2011 11:40 PM
Apr 13, 2011 12:28 AM

Jun 2008
myth720 said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Less deja-vu and more like a broken record.

I've never expected Gintama to rank so high, since it was always so underappreciated. But even so, it's really that good and the core of fans rate it accordingly. since it's unlikely ppl who hate it would continue and watch, it explains why it's rated so high.

and it's not after 1 (2 now) ep, it's after 201. All that the ranking says is there are more fans watching this series than non-fans watching other shows. Probably because it's a niche show and not something anyone could appreciate. So get over it and move on. There will be other shows ranked first eventually, would you make a fuss over that too? did other shows get such a fuss? Or is it because Gintama is a parody? :/

Uh...was that directed at me? I may hate Gintama, but if it was, geez, what did I say to deserve this?

Anyway, it's a fact that, as far as the displayed numerical score and rank goes, this show is quite overrated. If you determine that someone needs to have watched the original series first, then they effectively need to have seen 202 episodes to score this and have it count. That's insanely high. One Piece could finish right now and even it wouldn't have such a steep requirement. Shooting to #1, and with a pretty big difference between it and #2, after single episode is absurd bordering on laughable. That said, I don't really care because I know how to look at the high scores and determine what's accurate. I am not "fussing."

I don't doubt that people love this show and that it can be rated well, but all the people saying "OMG IT TOTALLY DESERVES THIS" need to calm the fuck down and look at things a bit more objectively.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tthammy - Jun 2, 2011

232 by lordgaara »»
Apr 2, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Barion-Zara - Aug 29, 2011

99 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Mar 5, 2012

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 5, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Feb 20, 2012

132 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 5, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomislavr7 - Feb 13, 2012

106 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 5, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.