Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2011 10:01 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More information on the Fractale System and Phryne...
But even more questions !
That episode was awesome as always.
Wafu~ !
Mar 10, 2011 10:10 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Oh my god... Phyrne's father is pretty sick hentai bastard...

Anyway, it looks like Clain's Phyrne is the older version of many "Phyrne" clones who resemble Nessa and she is described as some sort of important key. For some reason, thoe whole clone concept thing reminded me of Misaka Mikoto's sisters in To Aru Kagaku no Index...

Mar 10, 2011 1:08 PM
Mar 2009
Dude. I mean. DUDE. This show is amazing.
Mar 10, 2011 3:43 PM

Jul 2010
That idiot is Phryne's father? Didn't see that coming. Wow, he's such a jerk. I'm glad he got crushed in the rubble. Actually, wait, no, that wasn't brutal enough. I hope he somehow survived so they can kill him again.

So Nessa is Phryne and Phryne is Nessa? Confusing. Same person from different time periods. I'm getting this feeling like Nessa is going to disappear at the end of the show.

Nice to see Dias again. And he did exactly what we'd expect from his character: charge in not caring about the others' objective.
Mar 10, 2011 3:52 PM

Dec 2010
Well that felt uncomfortable...it sucks to know that that the sick bastard probably has had Phryne checked at least a few times in the past.

This episode and last episode has more plot than the previous episodes, but still leaves more questions than answers. Of course hopefully there is enough episode/time to conclude the anime well....

Bah..I liked playful and happy doppel Nessa. Not angry or sad Nessa. Also wanted at least 1 Nessa(Phryne) clone to survived. :(
Mar 10, 2011 5:47 PM

Nov 2008
I like this newer, badder Fractale. Less sightseeing and more plot. :D

Anyway, Phryne has the worst dad ever. And I assume that being a virgin makes her the Key? But there has to be more to it than that, since they're mass producing Nessas. What does Fractale need so many "keys" for, and what makes a person a "key?"

I really don't understand why they changed Phryne and Nessa's hair color now. It didn't really bother me before, but with this plot point revealed, now it does.
Mar 10, 2011 6:31 PM

Mar 2010
WHoa the end explosion sure made things have more suspense

im glad phryne was not checked freakin father needs to be killed

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 10, 2011 7:10 PM

May 2009
That was disturbing and sad. Had hoped that the clone Clain met would make it out. But at least Clain's words didn't go to waste. And, yeah, that twisted, disgusting POS deserved a far more cruel fate.
Mar 10, 2011 7:33 PM
Apr 2009
Good episode. So we now know the fractale system definetly does not teach you about being a good father.

Im looking forward to seeing what the reveal will be like though others have speculated the key is the thing that will let them reboot the system. Be interesting to see how accurate it is.
Mar 10, 2011 8:16 PM

Apr 2010
well it took a little bit but this show is gettin good!

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Mar 10, 2011 10:56 PM

Jan 2009
This was a great episode, and it reveals a lot about Phryne and the origin of Nessa. It's getting really good, and I'm looking forward to the wrap up.
Mar 10, 2011 11:15 PM

Feb 2010
ughhh Phryne's dad= hentai bastard! ew....

Now we know more about Nessa + Phryne. God this show is baller.
Mar 10, 2011 11:57 PM

Sep 2009
Things sure got exciting. I hope that other Nessa/Phryne is ok.
Mar 11, 2011 12:22 AM

Jan 2009
All my hate.
Towards that father of hers.

Other than that, I've got two thoughts on this episode.
Wasn't Clain's life in danger or something?
Oh well, all Phryne-centered episodes are win.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 11, 2011 12:30 AM

Aug 2009
the clone phryne trying to be like the misakas.
Mar 11, 2011 1:00 AM

Jul 2010
Oosran said:
You mean when they left us off last episode with him getting shot? The Fractale system healed him; at least that's the way I took it when Phryne's father mentioned how having advanced technology could be a bad thing.
Mar 11, 2011 1:29 AM
Mar 2011
This episode. WHAT. My mind just got raped with information. I feel like they're just compressing everything together because the series is going to end soon. If this was spread out into more episodes, the series would do so much better! But yeah, all I can say is, WHAT. In once scene, I thought Phryne was going to get a pap smear... >_>
atakkuMar 11, 2011 4:14 AM
Mar 11, 2011 2:59 AM
Oct 2010
Damn... I feel ya all... I shudder to think of the things that disgusting "father" might have done to Phryne. Getting crushed isn't nearly enough for what he deserved.

This episode explains a couple of things... but it's getting creepy.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 11, 2011 3:49 AM

Nov 2010
DAMMNNNN

Most epic episode of any anime this season!!!

Its really starting to get exciting now. Episodes 2-4 were quite boring and I'm glad its picking up pace and getting interesting and exciting
flyingeagle666Mar 11, 2011 5:45 AM
Mar 11, 2011 4:08 AM

Aug 2010
Creepy father who wants her daughter (or something like her daughter). However, I wonder how he would have survived that blast. They need to bring back that guy who was on a life support system from last episode.
Mar 11, 2011 4:50 AM

Jan 2009
Iilia said:
Oosran said:
You mean when they left us off last episode with him getting shot? The Fractale system healed him; at least that's the way I took it when Phryne's father mentioned how having advanced technology could be a bad thing.
Well, yeah I guess that would most likely be the case, but still. Complete recovery is somewhat far-fetched :|
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 11, 2011 6:28 AM

Jul 2010
It was good but its getting better and better in every episode. too bad there are only eleven.

stevewiess01 said:
Phyrne's father is pretty sick hentai bastard...

QFT.. i hope that sick old bastard had died under those rocks.
Mar 11, 2011 6:39 AM

Dec 2008
Damn you, cliffhanger!!!!!!!
My mind feels like it was stomped on and then raped!!! I am just blown away!
Father is a total sleaze-bag!
Multiple Phyrnes? O_o
I seriously cannot wait for the next episode!!!
Mar 11, 2011 7:25 AM

Feb 2009
Should we start calling the first Phryne "Mama Phryne"?
Mar 11, 2011 8:33 AM

Nov 2008
I know that not many will agree with me, but I hate Phryne-centered episodes. I really am a die hard Nessa fan. That said, I really did enjoy this episode...it was really good minus the Phryne x Clain moments...those just irritate me.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 11, 2011 9:01 AM

Jun 2009
THAT. WAS. AWESOME.

The entire 23 min. flew by. Best episode yet, I think. Fractale, despite its many faults, pacing problems and plot inconsistencies can be really entertaining. This proves it.

So, we finally can truthfully say that Nessa is Phryne as a kid though, someone tell me how red hair changes into brown when you grow up, and both are the “key” to the world. The infinity of clones was totally unexpected, that’s indisputable.

Seriously, plot development is yummy, even if I don’t understand a thing about what’s going on.

Why did it give me the impression that the supposed “test” was to see if Phryne was pregnant or could have children…? Creepy.

Bloody hell! WHY. That cliffhangeeeeeerrrrrrrr…!!
How can Fractale end in just three episodes? Will they be able to wrap it up?
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Mar 11, 2011 11:49 AM

Mar 2009
Needs more pissed off Nessa I think.
Sort of seen the whole clone thing coming.
Mar 11, 2011 12:00 PM

Feb 2008
well this explains why no one seemed to care when people got shot up.

of course they will survive. i am taking it that they will explain the whole key business...
i haven't really had any issues with the plot. don't know why people find fault with it.
Mar 11, 2011 12:04 PM

Oct 2010
wow such an amazing episode. But again a cliffhanger T_T
I was relief when they were about to perform the test to Phryne, as it would imply that his father never fully rape her (even it looks like he did molest her in many ways)
Mad Nessa is force to be reckon with.. she was just walking around yelling "Clain" and zapping people on her way.
I feel sad for the other Phryne, she got killed right as she understood how much she is really worth (as a human, not a key).
huh?
Mar 11, 2011 12:10 PM

Jun 2009
I thought that Phryne was going to get raped by her father when he started touching her. >.> And when he started talking about some kind of check, I thought "No!!!"
Watching that clone of Phryne die was really heart-breaking. Poor Phryne has really weird parents. >.>
Mar 11, 2011 12:10 PM

Feb 2009
SephiriAzure said:

Why? Phryne+Clain+Nessa=happy family! :D
Mar 11, 2011 12:21 PM

Aug 2010
Man Dias is a dick and so is that Father.
I bet Clain, Phryne and Nessa lived but i bet clone Phryne or Nessa whatever died.
Fractale is weirdly good idk how to explain some parts are just crap and boring but others are awesome this shows plot is damn good
Mar 11, 2011 12:21 PM

Aug 2010
Man Dias is a dick and so is that Father.
I bet Clain, Phryne and Nessa lived but i bet clone Phryne or Nessa whatever died.
Fractale is weirdly good idk how to explain some parts are just crap and boring but others are awesome this shows plot is damn good
Mar 11, 2011 1:29 PM

Dec 2009

Another sad moment in Fractale... T_T

Did the clone really have to die :'(
Mar 11, 2011 4:24 PM

Nov 2009
@SehpiriAzure: Must of been shocking to find out that Nessa is but a younger Phryne. Well there goes his harem.

Agreed that the dad was disgusting, nice to see that this show is pretty but merciless about lives. Just the way i like it.
Mar 11, 2011 5:10 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was emotional on Phryne's part and disgusting in regards to clones using them as means to create one for a key in a end to just having a vessel for that key in the belief that the key shall save Fractale while other believe it can destroy it. IMO the key shall listen to the one that it likes and will make it wishes come true thus Clain himself. The other disgusting part is my thinking of cutting to piece Lord Barrot and feed him to the lions for his shit ass disgusting nature that so makes me think of pedophile priests. On the positive side Nessa was amazing! She not only saved Phryne as follows,

but also Clain as well as Lost Millennium from potential damage coming from the defense of the temple through her electronic disturbance. IMO Nessa's anger + destruction = a winning combination of action. I also liked Dias's weaponry on his ship while I hate his character.

About Lord Barrot, with the way he was feeling up Phryne in the spoiler
he is nothing but a sick shit that need to be flushed down within death's punishment. No matter how it looks you cannot deny that Phryne was trying her best with her face to not show much emotions but when take a look at Barrot's face here asking about although indirectly if Phryne had a sexual relationship with Clain her face suddenly changes in shock. While Barrot was being a
shit ass for sending Clain but no one to heal him that's just the evil side and no temple. Add to all that the shit ass female genital checkup machine in the spoiler
with Barrot's face you have a sick ass pedophile shit that needs to be killed off. There is a simple reason for that, Barrot is no doctor nor is he doing this out of concern for Phryne. He just doing it for lust voyeurism and in what religious duty dictates him but more the early than later. His facial expressions tell a lot. I loved so much to see his bloody scared face from the destruction of Nessa if that was enough, I hope he dies in concrete crush. He deserves it for not executing what religion dictates (the good side) helping out his brothers and sisters (yes that may include sentient life forms such as clones) like he would have done to himself. Clearly he does only abuse life by being selecting of it and discarding what does not pass that selection.

About Nessa, why she was the best in this episode while being all time amazing in last episode. Nessa is quickly growing a favorite with me as now her offensive powers are seen much more. In the beginning her cute side is seen rather well with agitation of going to look for Clain, kind of reminds me of Victorica in Gosick at one point. Her anger due to no one wanting to move when she wants to save Clain provoked a short circuit of the lights. Thus starts her destruction afterward while saving Phryne and Nessa's anger face is EPIC in the spoiler
it looked so bad ass, it's incredible for Nessa really. I guess the minute Nessa can't handle deep sadness she phases out and hides out somewhere else. As Clain gets kicked by one of the soldiers, Nessa's destruction rampages on getting rid of that cloning killing factory.

About Clain and the clones, now the clones part was amazingly interesting. First thing is what a relief to see Clain being all healed while moments ago he was struggling for his life. Nessa clone was kind strange just staring down at Clain. I kind found it funny Clain trying to find a way out through a steel wall even being a door as it may be, I doubt it will have a secret switch. I liked when Nessa clone tells him of many Phryne and Clain blushes with claiming Phryne being his in the spoiler
but the most disturbing comes in none other than the first time behind the door that he see clones in the spoiler
along with a up close look at another Nessa clone being dragged out by Nessa clone. This is truly sick and one reason why my friend says he is against cloning IRL, because we can't respect sentient life yet nor anyone would stand in that life being abused just because it's a sentient one. He obviously could not handle it while his head was hurting from the mind fuck he just got. What got interesting is when Nessa clone got hurt and Clain while putting over her wound a custom bandage declares her unique now. He was quite the joke when he comes out from underneath Phryne's skirt. Clain's persistent expression in asking which is the key was nice to see but I liked better when he a blush from Phryne telling him about meeting him. Seems to me like he saved her from quite a lot of pain that time as it was most likely fresh at that time.

What came in as more sick than I was ready for in this series is a weird looking green device with a eye pouring a strange liquid on a Nessa clone to dissolve it and all this equaling to granting it death in the spoiler
now WTF is that! The temple is playing Gods with sentient life? Well fuck that! I don't like and am angry with that. What I did appreciate after all that was Clain saving
the very same clone that has that bandage on her hand. That guard that kicks Clain can also have my wrath in kicking him to the furthest regions where I shall not see him. In the end Nessa clone with the bandage was gorgeous with the fiery background in the spoiler
while she was indicating to Clain the shelter and to hide there, I hope she makes it out alive. It would be nice for her to make it alive.

Rest in spoiler
About Dias, no I still don't like his shitty ass face for what he did to that person trying to run away. What I did like is his ship for being small and maneuverable as well as his ship's weapons were amazing! I determined based on this shot of his ship that it has a laser charged cannon, 3 front cannons and a multipurpose spinning cannon turret. It can most likely aim in any direction. My favorite and most awesome ever of the weapons from this series in the missile department are the new missile he invented in the spoiler
that as the y fly split open with smaller missile that I wonder if they can each be programmed to go on different targets. Regardless this so reminded of Macross for some reasons.

About end and preview, the end is not so reassuring as seen in the spoiler
it depicts a major blast most likely caused by Dias's missile since they can cluster and those types are meant to do wide area damages no matter where they strike. I hope next episode Barrot is dead of course, Nessa clone lives somehow and Clain/Phryne are obviously safe.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 11, 2011 8:59 PM
Feb 2011
I'm starting to not dislike Phryne so much. I'm starting to feel sorry for her. So after seeing episode 8... her father... violates her? that guy is a sick piece of shit. hopefully he's dead. i'd like him to die in a more suitable way, but i'd rather not see him come back either.

I am on Clain and Phryne side now, but i still like Enri's development. This is the first epiosde she called him "Clain". every time before this she just refered to him as "Pervert".

And as for Nessa, things are looking worse and worse for her. thats a shame because she is the most fun character.

All those "Nessa" clones gave me unpleasant/disturbing memories of Rei Ayanami from Evangelion.
Mar 11, 2011 9:04 PM
Nov 2009
pretty good episode relating to plot. satisfied
Mar 11, 2011 10:27 PM
Dec 2007
SolDeMav said:

She could have survived had Dias not gone and blown the whole place up in flames at the end.

Mar 11, 2011 10:29 PM
Dec 2007
SolDeMav said:

She could have survived had Dias not gone and blown the whole place up in flames at the end.

Mar 12, 2011 3:02 AM

Dec 2010
Fractale has gotten better with every episode.
Mar 12, 2011 8:44 AM

May 2010
Another mindblowing episode.
and lol what's with that examination? O_o
There's still many questions about the key and about Nessa unanswered but I hope next eps will clear things up.
Also, Nessa > Beelzebub xD

Anisamar said:
though, someone tell me how red hair changes into brown when you grow up

There's a scene there that they put some red dye or fluid on the glass capsules which made their hair red.
Mar 12, 2011 10:12 AM

Aug 2008
Ewww that gross-looking guy is Phryne's father? Disgusting.
I'm pleased this episode answered some of my questions. So Nessa is the younger version of Phryne.
Mar 12, 2011 10:48 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, another cliffhanger. This last 2 episode were pretty good and interesting.
Mar 12, 2011 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, another cliffhanger. This last 2 episode were pretty good and interesting.
Mar 12, 2011 1:28 PM

Nov 2007
It's been a long time since I've been so happy a scene got interrupted as in this ep.
Phryne's dad is a disgusting bastard and I very much hope we've seen the last of him.
Yumekichi11 said:
This episode was emotional on Phryne's part and disgusting in regards to clones using them as means to create one for a key in a end to just having a vessel for that key in the belief that the key shall save Fractale while other believe it can destroy it.

Thar gave me an idea: what if Phryne holds the key for saving Fractale, and Nessa the key for destruction? There must be a reason why Phryne has to be a virgin.
Mar 12, 2011 4:09 PM

Oct 2010
cleo said:
Phryne's dad is a disgusting bastard and I very much hope we've seen the last of him.
Heck yeah Cleo! Glad you are like others on the same wavelength.
Yumekichi11 said:
This episode was emotional on Phryne's part and disgusting in regards to clones using them as means to create one for a key in a end to just having a vessel for that key in the belief that the key shall save Fractale while other believe it can destroy it.
cleo said:
Thar gave me an idea: what if Phryne holds the key for saving Fractale, and Nessa the key for destruction? There must be a reason why Phryne has to be a virgin.
The only reason I see for the virginity of Phryne is that the key has to do something with the hymen or the ovaries of the women. At the very least the key may need a clean place in the womb to work out properly. Nessa being destruction kind of makes me think why would she be a doppel of it less that destruction may be too much to handle for Phryne and thus she locked in a doppel because her emotional response to it may have killed off a lot.

Remember Nessa is most destructive when she harbors resentment towards people that hurt Clain.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 12, 2011 5:45 PM

Jul 2009
Didn't really enjoy this episode. What is this, a freaking romance?
"Father" is creepy, but it seems like he's not actually her father
Didn't expect the clones. Kind of confused, because they're based on her when she was younger? Uh ... sure thing ... so Nessa is actually Phryne?
About the clone that helped Clain ... all right, I have no idea why she would do that. She was all "yea I'm making sure you don't run away" to "IMA HELP YOU ESCAPE NAO" ... seriously, WTF?
Also when Clain was trying to save her ... I mean, all right, sure you want to save someone that helped you but it seriously felt like I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE OTHERS REALLY IMA JUST SAVE YOU 'CUS YOU HELPED ME to me -_-"
Nessa wrecking things was awesome though :P
*sigh* Hope things get better next episode, and that they'll maybe finally tell us what the stupid key is ...
Mar 12, 2011 8:16 PM
Apr 2009
Anisamar said:
THAT. WAS. AWESOME.
So, we finally can truthfully say that Nessa is Phryne as a kid though, someone tell me how red hair changes into brown when you grow up, and both are the “key” to the world. The infinity of clones was totally unexpected, that’s indisputable.

It happens. I myself was a bright red head when a kid and as i grew old it got browner, become more of an auburn.
Mar 12, 2011 8:17 PM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Heck yeah Cleo! Glad you are like others on the same wavelength.
Oh lol, you think I'm always siding with the bad guys?
It's more like this: if a series is ambiguous about a character, I'm willing to go along with that, and follow the 'not guilty, unless proven otherwise' flow.
I guess we'll be clashing a lot, as I'm not as quick to judge as you are, but that should make the discussion more fun right? Agreeing on everything is boring.
Phryne's dad: no doubt at all, he's clearly having sexual pleasure at Phryne's expense.
Yumekichi11 said:
The only reason I see for the virginity of Phryne is that the key has to do something with the hymen or the ovaries of the women. At the very least the key may need a clean place in the womb to work out properly.

No need to go all technical imo, I was indeed thinking along the lines of simply 'virgin birth'. And as birth clashes hard with death/destruction, having 2 vessels for the 2 keys seems logic - but that's just my logic.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.