Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2011 8:48 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I lol'd.
For once, Grevil is kinda cool.
That really is a large village after all. Or more like, a small country. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
And the maid tries clawing her eyes out again... But really, she's so dumb, that maid.
Well, at least we got to know why she's so jittery.
And that village chief small-country king is mad.

And I think this series is actually better when not thinking too much on mysteries and such. At least the flaws are less obvious if you don't think about them.

Also, now I kinda find that magician even more intriguing, since he's apparently in leagues with Victorique's mother. ‿‿

Edit: Oh and haha, Victorique trying to put on a kimono next episode? This ought'a be entertaining.
OosranFeb 25, 2011 8:51 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 25, 2011 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
Grevil actually did something useful for once and man he was cool doing so.

What a batshit insane maid, I'm glad she got what she deserved and at least the elder wasn't so mad afterall although he's still quite insane. We also get a small glimpse of Cordelia and that magician who are working together. Victorica at the end was showing nothing but pure tsundere traits.

Feb 25, 2011 10:41 AM

Nov 2010
Didn't think mother was still alive? that's still kinda depressing that, the chick didn't actually live past 26...
QueueQFeb 25, 2011 12:20 PM
Feb 25, 2011 11:04 AM

Nov 2007
Kujou's "omajinai" is so lol and he changed too much of his voice!

Wow, solving two, no three (well, one minor mystery) cases! Victorica is sugoi!

Crazy maid... killed a person because of her fortune telling...

Victorica's mother will final boss (from OP)?
tsubasaloverFeb 25, 2011 11:08 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 25, 2011 11:16 AM

Jun 2009
Well that maid was pretty crazy so I'm not surprised that she's the culprit. And Victorique trying to wear a kimono next week? Awesome.

Feb 25, 2011 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
Well that didn't really make sense at all.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 25, 2011 11:30 AM

Dec 2008
Victorique is broooooken~

Also I can't recall correctly but was Coredelia ever confirmed to actually be dead or were those just rumors? Just wondering considering that scene of the two characters watching over the village....

I'm still waiting to see what sort of role the red-haired magician will play in all of this. Despite her supernatural investigative skills, I'm still looking forward to the moment when Victorique finally gets stumped, though I'm not sure if the Light Novels ever actually depict such a moment.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Feb 25, 2011 11:31 AM
Nov 2010
I think that the acorn reasoning was a bit far-fetched... but I guess I don't really watch this show for clever detective work.

Also, I wasn't sure if the chief's prediction in the last episode was him being crazy or actual foreshadowing -- seems like it was actual foreshadowing.
:)
Feb 25, 2011 11:36 AM

Feb 2008
Me too I'm not suprised. She was suspected from beginning when they arrived.

Crazy Maid.

This anime is just great. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 25, 2011 12:49 PM

Jul 2010
QueueQ said:
Didn't think mother was still alive? that's still kinda depressing that, the chick didn't actually live past 26...
I thought the same thing. I'd like to say I pity her rather than I genuinely feel sorry for her, though.

HitoriTomoyo said:
Also I can't recall correctly but was Coredelia ever confirmed to actually be dead or were those just rumors? Just wondering considering that scene of the two characters watching over the village...
I don't remember them ever saying she was dead, but somehow I had it in the back of my mind that she was. Grevil mistook Victorique for Cordelia, so I suppose she's been alive all this time.

Victorique screaming for Kujo was touching. What I want to know is why was she the only one to reach out for his hand. Grevil and Ambrose were there too, weren't they? Apparently the girl has to do everything herself. I can see why Grevil wouldn't do anything even if he could, but what about Ambrose?

The maid falling off the bridge was kind of pre-determined. It's always like that in anime where people try and mess with fate only to play right into its hands. XD
Feb 25, 2011 1:05 PM

Aug 2010
i was wrong in the end: the elder was only an asshole. There were 2 culprit. Still the story makes no sense at all: in the second theft murder blood should have left a trail,and that couldn't fool anyone. And the first (burning man) was really stupid: the dead one could have wake up in any moment. All for a stupid vase.
There was really the needs for all the ''mad king'' act? I don't think so.
About maid: how the hell she know the elder would pick the gold first, I would probably check out why it was on the floor.
Feb 25, 2011 1:10 PM
May 2009
Episode was great

I wonder what they did to Derek?

I really wish Victorique and Kujo can stay together
Feb 25, 2011 1:18 PM

Jun 2008
This wasn't as good an episode for me... still a great show though...

I think the magician might be Brian Roscoe, but that's just me...
Feb 25, 2011 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
Didn't like this episode as much as the others... I was just expecting more...

I think that the magician might be Brian Roscoe, but that's just me...
Feb 25, 2011 1:50 PM

Dec 2009
It was alright. Enjoyable but a lot of it hardly made any sense. The double murder plot to steal the vase had not a single shred of logic attached to it, and some of the reasoning very flawed (if gold coins fell out of a clock I'm pretty sure most people would look at the place of origin first).
Ara ara.
Feb 25, 2011 1:51 PM

Nov 2008
I knew that those three guys were up to something but I thought that the woman was also their accomplice. Still it was a nice mystery that had me guessing and there were some nice twists but there was nothing shocking, which would have been better.

I guess that Gevril is breaking this silence with Victorica and he is not as useless as I first thought since he quickly went after the other guy with the base.
Feb 25, 2011 2:05 PM

Nov 2008
Lesson: No one can change FATE xDD

I don't know why you guys said that the acorn didn't make sense but it truly is! If it's only Alan walking in that festival, there shouldn't be an acorn when the guy was shot! And the guy didn't wake up before the fire? How about I hit you with a vase and wrap you up? Let's see if you can still escape before the fire, fire would help but it will be too late for you to survive.

Somehow my theories are correct, there are 2 mysteries xDD the link between those outsiders and the murder of the elder didn't connect at all xDD

Cordelia's death was not confirmed... Which part did it say that she did? If you are talking about the grave with "Je ne suis pas coupable" on it, that was Theodore's grave. as for Roscoe, he might be the magician well he should be xDD

Yeah it was impossible to have a shotgun to hit precisely in such a distance xDD

The only thing I found this episode stupid is when no one helped Victorique saving Kujo's ass xDD and a little bit of the gold coin theory, normally we check the source of it but Victorique's theory might be true if the person's character has been revealed that has greed on it and be like "OOOH~ JACKPOT!!" -picks gold coins- that would make sense xDD
DenjaXFeb 25, 2011 2:10 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 25, 2011 2:16 PM

Mar 2010
Victorique is one strong girl seriously she held on to kujo from falling!!

also we all agree that Harminia was one crazy bitch

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 25, 2011 2:16 PM

Aug 2010
Well, the whole mystery felt like it was too easy ^^'
Anyway, this show is rivaling imo with Mahou Shoujo for the first place of this season. I love them both and both keep me well entertained. Dunno bout' how others think though.
For starters, this episode was great...
Character development feels crucial. I may be the only one who sees it this way, but this show presents mysteries just for character development...it sort of gives the same feeling as Macross Frontier to be exact :D

DenjaX said:
The only thing I found this episode stupid is when no one helped Victorique saving Kujo's ass xDD

Ehh, I think no one helped her because they might've been in Kujo's state. Nausea caused by smoke and lack of air...
Also, yeah, I wasn't expecting for Cordelia to be alive. The OP scenes might be seen in the next episodes and from what was shown, Victorique will be taken by her 'family'...
Anyway, the preview to the next episode looks...cute xD
Can't wait for it :D
koleareFeb 25, 2011 2:26 PM
Feb 25, 2011 2:43 PM
Jul 2009
Cool episode as much as I would love to ask someone like that elder about the future like that, I wouldn't want to get stuck in a place like that. Good thing they got out of their with their lives, I had a sliver of hope for that maid.
The logic and reasoning of this episode was worth waiting for to see, it reminds me of watching Spiral, Victorique's line about reason, is almost the same as Nerumi's. Only shes deffinatly more interesting to watch deduce reason the Neru was.
Feb 25, 2011 2:48 PM

Apr 2010
SilveRR said:
I wonder what they did to Derek?
He will be punished by the village/country.
And it's hard to say what kind of punishment he will receive since it's a community which has been isolated for a long time so it's unclear how they will deal with it.
Tho since there culture is looks allot like that of the middle ages he will probable by executed and maybe he will be tortured before that.

About the episode.
I really liked it Victorique wisdom for solving cases was nice to see again.
I wonder why the maid heard Kujo's voice as that of the previous village elder could she have mistaken the language which was alien to her and interpreted the words to her own language?
And how did Victorique know that this would happen?
Also how was Victorique able to hold Kujo so long on the cliff i mean she is a small frail girl.

There also became some things clear of the mysterious red haired man who seems to be traveling with Cordelia.
I wonder when we will see more of him it seems to me like he is a importuned person to the story and i believe he has an interest in Kujo and Victorique.
Which isn't surprising if Cordelia is traveling with him.

Grevil shows more respect to Victorique now she cleared her mothers name even talking normally towards her.
Hope she will get better treatment from now on instead of always being locked up in a tower.
Feb 25, 2011 2:49 PM

Mar 2009
lol....wth kind of final boss did that Harminia become on that there bridge?

Victorique and Kujo go well with each other I hope the prophecy thing about them being split apart doesnt happen. So with that little glimpse of what might be Cordelia and possibly Brian Roscoe does that mean they'll be taking on a significant role in the upcoming episodes?

Feb 25, 2011 3:03 PM

Jan 2011
Well, I knew that maid was... freaky
anyways, the Episode was good, I guess the Elder predicted correctly, oh so correctly
she ended up dying at the age of nijuuroku(26) [I'm practicing..]
so yeah, she just made her own fate be correct :I ..sad.. yet true xD
somehow, that Magician with the red hair was suspicious since the first time I saw him...
and now we see why
and LOL at the next ep preview
"Don't blow your nose on my clothes!" xDD
and the Kimono part too.. someone if its Victorique doing it its cute (lol)
all in all, the ep was good, and the mystery was kinda confusing at first until Victorique explained it.
Feb 25, 2011 3:54 PM

Nov 2008
I found it to be a good episode though insane maid .. fulfilled her OWN prophecy by trying to stop it.

I am sure they will use the ww2 event to separate Kujo and Victorique for a few years but I dont see it being a permanent separation.. and my knowledge only goes up to volume 5's end so.. *shrug*
Feb 25, 2011 4:09 PM
Feb 2010
I was getting all emotional when Victorique was yelling at Kujo that this wasn't the time when they're supposed to lose each other. Dam pms, I hate you so much.
Feb 25, 2011 4:47 PM

Jan 2008
None of this would have happened if the maid didn't hear him speak the oracle; better yet, it was because the of the oracle stating what it did, that caused it to come true. This pisses me off because it's the exact same shit with the story of Oedipus.

Feb 25, 2011 5:02 PM

Aug 2010
@4kicks Oedipus just HAVE to find the true: his kingdom was torn apart by a plague sent by the gods BECAUSE Oedipus was married ( with children) with his mother, and he didn't know. A unlucky circle.

Ps: When in the end Oedipus leave Thebes ( after being blinded by himself) the plague actually stop. But then a civil war begin between his sons, but this is another story....
Feb 25, 2011 6:11 PM
Jun 2010
That crazy ass maid burned half the village in 5 seconds....she runs really fast apparently.

Needs moar.
Feb 25, 2011 7:14 PM

Sep 2008
I feel bad for Victorique.
Nobody helped her pull Kujo up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2011 7:31 PM

Oct 2009
As much as I love GoSick!, wasn't able to take this episode seriously... Good show for like 8 years old though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2011 7:50 PM

May 2008
Haha anime love these crazy people, i see them everywhere

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 25, 2011 7:51 PM
Apr 2010
In all honesty, to all the viewers of Gosick, like myself, you guys KNOW that you want to be able solve the mystery too, along with Victorique. However, how she solves mysteries are a mystery themselves!!! I get that there should be subtleties in the anime, yet some of them are either not really mentioned, or not mentioned at all.... Then all of a sudden, BAM, mystery solved. And everything is laid in front of me while I say "hmm... I don't remember seeing this at all." I've read the novel, but I think they are missing some of the elements that MIGHT be in the novel....
Feb 25, 2011 8:19 PM

May 2009
Hageshiikaze said:
That crazy ass maid burned half the village in 5 seconds....she runs really fast apparently.
Seriously, right? My jaw dropped as I watched that unfold. Those crazy (fast) maids! XD
Victorique managing to hold on to Kujo without falling over herself was another headscratcher as she had neither the physical strength nor leverage to pull that off IMO.
Feb 25, 2011 8:21 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode, Victorique is awesome, but Kujo is seriously annoying. His voice is so whiny, and he behaves like a typical useless male lead.

Nice to see Cordelia's name being cleared though. I was pretty intrigued by the fact that the kingdom of Seyrun (or w/e) will continue to live on in isolation.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 25, 2011 8:33 PM

Apr 2009
Also surprised by Victorique's strength.
Feb 25, 2011 8:39 PM

Oct 2008
stickymochi said:
Also surprised by Victorique's strength.

Strength of love!
OmniknightFeb 25, 2011 8:44 PM
Feb 25, 2011 8:41 PM

Jun 2010
I think I would've liked to see Cordelia and that guy that was next to her, I forgot his name, but he was the guy that brought electricity to the village right. I hope they show more of her in the upcoming episodes.

Feb 25, 2011 8:53 PM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. What were the other three people doing? Just watching her struggle.
Feb 25, 2011 9:03 PM

May 2010
prismheart said:
HawthorneKitty said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. What were the other three people doing? Just watching her struggle.

Same here. I was wondering, "Where did everybody go? Didn't they all run to the same side??"
Feb 25, 2011 10:53 PM

May 2010
Not as great as previous but still good.

The magician and Cordelia maybe surprised me as they are planning something.

So we got 2 or 3 cases solved there.

Victorique at the end and in the preview <3
StormViruzFeb 25, 2011 10:56 PM
Feb 25, 2011 10:57 PM

Oct 2010
Good episode! But how come only Victorique was the only one helping Kujo off the cliff? lol Where was everyone else?
Feb 25, 2011 10:58 PM

Jul 2010
That maid is freaky!
Feb 25, 2011 11:02 PM

Sep 2009
Now that the maid is gone we don't have to worry about her clawing her eyes out.

Looking forward to a nice simple/funny episode next week.
Feb 25, 2011 11:08 PM

Feb 2011
Pretty cool episode but the maid confessed to fast for my liking. Also I'm more interested in the magician now...

Anyway at this point looks like it impossible to pair Kujo and Victorique with anyone but each other.
Feb 25, 2011 11:39 PM
Mar 2010
_Neeka said:
Good episode! But how come only Victorique was the only one helping Kujo off the cliff? lol Where was everyone else?

This
The villager even clearly saw Kujo falling too -_-
Feb 25, 2011 11:39 PM
Mar 2010
herox3 said:
_Neeka said:

This
They are such assholes, no?
Feb 26, 2011 12:40 AM

Sep 2008
I've already suspected the maid as a culprit. However, I didn't know how to proof her guilty...
Feb 26, 2011 1:19 AM

Sep 2009
_Neeka said:
i was thinking of the same thing -puzzled-
.....most probably the directors wanted to make the scene more dramatic.

mommy still alive huh...interesting.
Feb 26, 2011 2:03 AM

Sep 2010
I got it. The reason I start off the episodes with a negative thought is because the pacing is really slow from the start, and the reason I end up captivated is because the story is just interesting with some crazy plot twists and what not.

Anyways, Kujou get's so damn alpha at some points (while still being incredibly beta. What's with that?).
Feb 26, 2011 2:34 AM

Sep 2010
IceAndCream said:
prismheart said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Same here. I was wondering, "Where did everybody go? Didn't they all run to the same side??"

I also agree with that...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.