3It was OK
17.7%
2Disliked it
4.2%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.3
96 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2011 3:43 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Capcom Vs Toei FTW!!

Looks like Blanka finally got that bad back fixed :P

Overall 8/10

A little too rushed, pretty much like all the rest of the movies so far.

But, the beginning was lol, and the battles were nicely done!

Three Super Saiyan Battle is win!

And, it's nice to see Trunks as part of the team.

Can't wait to watch "The History of Trunks" special, but I got a few more arcs before I can...back to finish the Android Saga!

Urahara Out!!
Feb 25, 2011 4:17 PM

Apr 2007
Well this movie was purely about fighting. Though I guess they couldn't do much in terms of story since the enemies were just more of Dr. Gero's creations. This is just a side movie anyway so I don't care. The action was great and I really enjoyed watching it :D Seeing Vegeta and Piccolo just floating on an iceberg at the end was great too lol
Apr 2, 2011 3:30 PM

Feb 2009
The fights in this one were really good! And Super 13 is one frightening villain! One of my favorites from the first seven movies.

It also had its lol moments :P

I watched it subbed.
Jul 27, 2011 1:32 PM

Aug 2010
This is easily my favorite film so far. Not so much of the annoying side characters, the fights were good, and seeing all three super saiyans fighting was neat. Maybe this was just in the dub, but I didn't like the main villains "Country bumpkin" dialect and accent.

So yeah, I really enjoyed it.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 24, 2011 5:58 PM

Sep 2010
Lesson learned: Never watch another DBZ dub, or any other american dub for that mater...
Movies was meh...
I don't expect justice. I expect revenge, even if it solves nothing in the end.
I don't expect redemption. I expect decadence and self destruction.
I don't expect compassion. I expect selfishness.
I don't expect people making choices. I expect a cruel fate forced upon them.
Sep 16, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2011
Is it over?

Not till the fish jumps.
Nov 27, 2013 1:10 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice movie as well, never thought they'd proceed with the Android concept! The ending was a bit rushed and a bit overused but well it does get it done! Lets see what the next movie has to offer!
Jan 5, 2014 8:13 PM

Jun 2009
Is it over?
Not 'til the fish jumps.
It's over.

This was probably the best movie yet. That's all I have to say, other than this:

Quoting what I posted last movie.

Tyestor said:
There's a list on Kanzenshuu that shows where each movie takes place and where you can watch them while watching DBZ despite the fact that all the DBZ movies technically take place in an alternate universe. http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=573
Feb 26, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm could say the best so far. I enjoyed it the most.
9/10.
May 6, 2014 1:17 AM

Oct 2009
The working out on details was remarkable compared to TV series. Wasn't really interested in fights, and since most of the film was fights, didn't like it that much
SerhiykoAug 9, 2014 11:19 PM
Aug 8, 2014 7:51 PM

Oct 2013
was pretty badass
LOL i watch the dubbed version since i watch all of dbz dubbed
LOL red ribbon redneck
[/quote]
Jul 22, 2015 8:39 PM

Aug 2013
They didn't even bother making a story for this movie, on a positive note this film had some nice action and a few funny moments especially the beginning with poor Trunks humoring Krillen and company.
Jul 19, 2016 8:44 AM

Feb 2016
Found this movie a bit more entertaining then the last few, enjoyed it all the same in the end though.

Some nice action with a mix of comedic segments.

The grand finale there was truly something, looks like got to see the first... I guess 'Super Spirit Bomb'. In a untraditional manner however....

Goku is full of surprises :P

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jul 30, 2016 1:43 AM

Sep 2013
Kind of standard fare for DBZ at this point. Nothing new added...just a 10 minute lead-in followed by a 35 minute fight scene. Enjoyable, but could've been better.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 7, 2018 9:20 AM

Jan 2016
One of my favorite Dragon Ball movies, mostly because of the characters. I love Android 13 and Super Android 13, Android 15 was pretty nice also, but Android 14 basically had no personality or anything and his design is pretty boring, so I didn't quite like him. Anyways, the fighting was pretty good, the animation was the standart Dragon Ball Z animation (good). Oh and Android 13 (and Super Android 13) has to be one of the coolest looking androids in the franchise, right?
Mar 23, 2019 10:53 AM

Jul 2016
Probably my favorite Dragon Ball Z movie so far. Back in the day during my Dragon Ball Z fandom, the Cell/Android saga was when I started to fall out of favor with the franchise. Just felt like it ran its course.. but damn, this movie was great.

Not much of a story, but who even cares; not every anime needs depth. This was really an all out, violent war. We got the obligatory "Piccolo gets his ass kicked," but for me, this time it was well done. The beginning was bad ass with the Androids simply walking through everything and just not giving a fuck. Also some of the fight scene moments, like Vegeta getting his back broken and Goku getting kicked straight in the nuts, actually made me go "Ohhhhh." Really fun movie!
Sep 27, 2019 8:08 AM

Nov 2017
This is definitely one of the better DBZ movies out there. Just some good ol' fighting, *Android 13 voice* YEEHAW! It's what this franchise does best. Gotta give major props to Phillip Wilburn for his voice work on Android #13
Mar 25, 2020 2:01 PM

Nov 2016
I remembered the pacing to be bad, but lol. I still enjoyed this movie a lot. Would've loved to see these androids in the canon story as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 21, 2020 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
This was like many have stated, one of the top DBZ movies, so far. Androids 13, 14, and 15 sure have added a lot of mixture as antagonists. Except for Android 14 as I can't say he stood out for me compared to the others, especially Android 13 with his strange yet fun accent. The film started with the whole gang having fun together in a large plaza to cool-looking Androids nonchalantly walking through the busy streets, unmindful of their surroundings as they destroy anything that stands in their way to their objective, Goku, with relative ease. They were powerful enough to give Super Saiyan Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks a run for their money. And I have to say that the soundtrack truly got stepped up this time around compared to the previous movies.

I would still give it a savory 6/10.
removed-userAug 30, 2020 11:18 AM
Feb 23, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2015
It's been years since I last watched this movie.
It was pure action, nice animation and decent choreography. When Android 13 became Super Android 13, it kinda became rushed. The way Goku defeated him was really satisfying tho.
Jun 7, 2022 12:26 PM

Nov 2010
Oh! It's that guy from Budokai Tenkaichi 3. He's one of the OP guys in the game. I remember always coming back from the jaws of defeat whenever I transform. He has that move that connects so easily, I just spam that and beat my friends till get they pissed off. lol

I'm glad it didn't end with a Genki Dama ending. Just pure brutal punches.

That ending with Piccolo and Vegeta. lol

7/10
Jul 4, 2023 7:53 AM
Mar 2010
I can't take Android 13 seriously with his hilly Billy, red neck voice. Lmao.
Oct 12, 2023 6:42 AM

Nov 2012
great movie, I always randomly remember that 4th wall break at the end "is it over?" "not til the fish jumps"
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 6, 2023 3:02 PM

Apr 2021
Those androids are tough, but it's only Goku who can find a way. They left Piccolo and Vegeta in the lurch, but in the end it seemed like they wanted more, or felt humiliated. 7/10
Mar 22, 8:09 PM
Feb 2020
very good movie
it would be cool if this was canon
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.