Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 9, 2008 11:50 AM

Jan 2008
Dracoowl said:
The last guy I dated was a nice guy, and this pulls me and him apart because he was a bit too nice.

Yeah, but by that do you mean boring, or literally nice? You'd have to be a masochist to consider niceness a negative thing really. (unless the dude was so nice it was ridiculous, like "Ok, mug me, it looks like you need money!" kind of nice.)
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 9, 2008 12:08 PM

Mar 2007
Cihan said:
Dracoowl said:
The last guy I dated was a nice guy, and this pulls me and him apart because he was a bit too nice.

Yeah, but by that do you mean boring, or literally nice? You'd have to be a masochist to consider niceness a negative thing really. (unless the dude was so nice it was ridiculous, like "Ok, mug me, it looks like you need money!" kind of nice.)

Just by being too nice, it makes me feel that I'm his friend rather than girlfriend.
Jun 9, 2008 12:11 PM

Aug 2007
Why doesnt the nice guy ever try to go for the nice girl?
If the nice guy would open his eyes and see that the skank hes going after is a superficial bitch then sure everyone would be happy.

But in short yes they can get the girl if you choose the right one.
Jun 9, 2008 12:11 PM

Jan 2008
Dracoowl said:
Just by being too nice, it makes me feel that I'm his friend rather than girlfriend.

Aah, I see. Maybe a reason for that is he's not mature enough for that kind of relationship yet. Again boils down to confidence I guess.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 9, 2008 12:13 PM

Nov 2007
I really don't know what's worse: retiring-type guys with no confidence or the overcompensating type.

Because damn, the overcompensating type is annoying.
Jun 9, 2008 12:14 PM

Jan 2008
Yes, being too nice can work against you in alot of cases. Not that being mean works with you.

If you're nice and not...

clingy
desperate
shy
girl-retarded
sensitive
a cry-baby
etc
etc
etc

...then you're all good.

Confidence + Nice + Not Ugly = Go for it! >:O
Jun 9, 2008 12:18 PM

Dec 2007
meowmeow21 said:
If the nice guy would open his eyes and see that the skank hes going after is a superficial bitch then sure everyone would be happy.

Not every nice guy/girl has a nice girl/guy around him/her.
Jun 9, 2008 4:24 PM

Mar 2008
meowmeow21 said:

But in short yes they can get the girl if you choose the right one.

I like nice girls though as well as ones not so much still doesnt help oddly, maybe I just dont try
MistaCloudStrife said:
Yes, being too nice can work against you in alot of cases. Not that being mean works with you.

clingy
desperate
shy
girl-retarded
sensitive
a cry-baby
etc
etc
etc

...then you're all good.

theirs a problem their, girls want both sensitive and tough at the same time, you cant have both X_X and also they do think shy is cute sometimes but they also want you to be confident wtf girls want stuff that dont go together >< am I right or wrong?
Jun 9, 2008 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
traed said:

MistaCloudStrife said:

clingy
desperate
shy
girl-retarded
sensitive
a cry-baby
etc
etc
etc

...then you're all good.

theirs a problem their, girls want both sensitive and tough at the same time, you cant have both X_X and also they do think shy is cute sometimes but they also want you to be confident wtf girls want stuff that dont go together >< am I right or wrong?

Girls don't know what girls want. Mista knows what girls want. ^_~

They think they want someone sensitive, but what they really want is someone who'll listen to them and understand whatever they have to say. They think they want someone who's shy, but that shy guy is going to get annoying as hell later on int he relationship. Listen to Mista... he knows what he's talking about. LOLOLOLOL :D
Jun 9, 2008 5:00 PM

Oct 2007
lol...try to be a good person, that's all. Niceness is a good quality...just don't be a complete pushover and be completely passive if someone is wronging you. You should be able to be something other than "nice" if the situation calls for it. You don't have to be overly aggressive or anything though...I think that that's just stupid. If a girl doesn't like a nice person, then you don't want her.

Don't just think "oh...I'm a nice guy...will girls like me?" That's dumb. if you are worth something, then hopefully some girl with a brain will see it. It goes both ways as well...look at what you'd like in a girl and see if she's worth it.

Advice coming from a guy... Oh well. I was bored and felt like typing something.
legosJun 9, 2008 10:18 PM
Jun 9, 2008 10:17 PM

Jul 2007
meowmeow21 said:

lol i just disagree with that completely. this is just as tell tale as the "nice guy finishing last" story. all of this kind of stuff is an excuse. nice guys only go after skanks and should be with nice girls? what kind of logic is that. so many different types of people work well together.

think about it. personally why would i(you) want to go after a girl that only dates assholes? (which again "only" is a word that should not be used, since anything can happen with love) if a girl wanted me just cause she LOVES assholes, even if i was an asshole, i wouldnt even be attracted to the girl. itd be like if a girl only liked guys that play music. thats fucked up imo. you should wanna be liked for you, not just one aspect of your existance.

two things are important in finding relationships and being attracted (not exclusively the physical sense) to a person. personality and physical appearance. no one can deny that appearance has nothing to do with it. BUT YOUR PERSONALITY CANT BE "NICE GUY" PERSONALITY. thats the same as if someone asked you what you were like and you said im a WHITE GUY. seriously, there are so many aspects to peoples personalities.

edit: i do agree with what was said before about many people that would consider themselves "nice guys" (which i still have a problem with), many negative associations that are connected with those types of guys are what actually turn off women from you. all-in-all you're focusing too much on highschool romance. love doesn't end at 18 lol.

Jun 10, 2008 12:00 AM

Aug 2007
Frequencity said:
two things are important in finding relationships and being attracted (not exclusively the physical sense) to a person. personality and physical appearance. no one can deny that appearance has nothing to do with it. BUT YOUR PERSONALITY CANT BE "NICE GUY" PERSONALITY. thats the same as if someone asked you what you were like and you said im a WHITE GUY. seriously, there are so many aspects to peoples personalities.

Well fucking said.
Jun 10, 2008 12:20 AM

Jan 2008
Frequencity said:
itd be like if a girl only liked guys that play music. thats fucked up imo.

Oh they're the worst. They really are.
Jun 10, 2008 7:08 AM

Mar 2007
I already commented on the other topic so I might as well comment on this one as well.

Alright might as well start off where I left off on the other topic. As stated I am prone to depression quite often in which my confidence will be non-existent which as I am aware of is a turn-off to girls but I don't really care. Until recently I had feelings for a girl who did not share the same feelings for me as I did her, and I was even in denial thinking that she did for a while. The feelings I had for that girl were stronger than any feelings I have had for anyone else, so I became very confused and now that I think of it my personality changed slightly and set my moods changed quite erratically. Thinking back I realize I had said a few things that I didn't agree with because I don't like unnecessary conflict, yes I am completely aware that is not something people should do and if I ever have feelings for someone else I won't make the same mistake again. Also I forced myself to put up with way more than I would normally put up with from any other person because of those feelings, but I finally decided to let go of them. Though I have discarded my feelings for her, I still do plan on remaining friends, especially since she is still quite important to me.

Anyway, after that I learned that I do not think I even want to be in a relationship really messes with my mood too much.

--

Now to actually answer the question, guys who are nice are able to get a girl only if they are confident in addition to being nice I suppose. I think girls who do not like guys just because of the fact that they are nice have some issues. Yes, I agree that some guys may be too nice which can be a turn-off I guess, which I perhaps am guilty of that but yet again I really don't care.
Jun 10, 2008 8:32 AM

Mar 2008
nice guys are sweet and they fit the boyfriend figure
but i think nice guys are just lazy

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE FRIENDS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T EVER BE MORE!
i liked this phrase by cabbit - chan
and
If a girl doesn't like a nice person, then you don't want her.
by legos
well i think nice guys should be more bold and go for it
even if you get rejected once that well make you stronger

Jun 10, 2008 8:35 AM

Nov 2007
You guys, you guys, you guys.

LIKE != ATTRACTION.
Jun 10, 2008 8:48 AM

May 2008
nMoura said:
well i think nice guys should be more bold and go for it
even if you get rejected once that well make you stronger

Thank you for reiterating my thoughts on this subject, and lets not forget about how
women are usually not attracted to "nice guys" because they aren't a challenge for them,
and women usually go after guys they don't have a sense of control over...
Jun 10, 2008 9:05 AM

Sep 2007
Seriously... don't build up opinions based on Anime. High school anime characters can't even share the same glass of water without blushing and getting all those stupid "indirect kiss" symptoms.

There isn't a thing called "Nice Guy". Each person has proper characteristics and that's all. I want the nice guys around to tell me: do you fell insulted when a girl hangs on your arm, when she hugs you, when you see she's trying to talk with you even if the subject is pure bullshit? Well that's the same way girls fell about guys, believe it. These guys aren't even trying. If you're a damn "altruist" that expect rewards for your actions like the girl of your dreams kissing you out of the blue then wake up. That's not gonna happen.

The nice guy stereotype is frequently associated with passiveness, lack of confidence, lack of attitude and a very low self-esteem. They should do something for themselves. Don't know... build up some muscles, get a tan, change your haircut... not that it'll magically change your image for the girls but it'll at least change your image of yourself!

Some attitude won't nullify someone's gentleness, respect and courtesy.

And don't come with that "But that's not what I'm like" stuff.

Also, stop categorizing women as whores and nice girls. They are all girls, they have different feelings, they have variable biochemical mechanisms of attraction, that's all.
Jun 10, 2008 9:19 AM

May 2008
Actually Indigo, muscle heads are a result of that whole nice guy problem, yet that doesn't help most of them cope with their self-esteem and confidence issues.
And saying that some girls aren't whores or whatnot is the same as saying that
some guys are not total jerks, which they are...

Also, I was wondering about this "nice guy" stereotype, and noticed there isn't really
any special stereotypes for women, why don't we discuss a female stereotype instead?
Jun 10, 2008 10:51 AM

Jan 2008
It depends on the girl. Women just want a man they think they can change.>.> I always laugh at girls that go for the badboy and then get their heart broken. They're called that for a reason retard.>___>

Jun 10, 2008 10:58 AM

Aug 2007
Frequencity said:
meowmeow21 said:

lol i just disagree with that completely. this is just as tell tale as the "nice guy finishing last" story. all of this kind of stuff is an excuse. nice guys only go after skanks and should be with nice girls? what kind of logic is that. so many different types of people work well together.

think about it. personally why would i(you) want to go after a girl that only dates assholes? (which again "only" is a word that should not be used, since anything can happen with love) if a girl wanted me just cause she LOVES assholes, even if i was an asshole, i wouldnt even be attracted to the girl. itd be like if a girl only liked guys that play music. thats fucked up imo. you should wanna be liked for you, not just one aspect of your existance.

edit: i do agree with what was said before about many people that would consider themselves "nice guys" (which i still have a problem with), many negative associations that are connected with those types of guys are what actually turn off women from you. all-in-all you're focusing too much on highschool romance. love doesn't end at 18 lol.

that wasnt what I was trying to say. I was trying to say that most of the time the nice guy is always trying to go for the wrong girl and the right girl is right there next to them and they never consider her. So basically I'm trying to say is that its not just always the nice guy that finishes last but it also the nice girl and that if the nice guy would only see that as well, then everyone would be happy.
Jun 10, 2008 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
meowmeow21 said:
Frequencity said:
meowmeow21 said:

that wasnt what I was trying to say. I was trying to say that most of the time the nice guy is always trying to go for the wrong girl and the right girl is right there next to them and they never consider her. So basically I'm trying to say is that its not just always the nice guy that finishes last but it also the nice girl and that if the nice guy would only see that as well, then everyone would be happy.

yeah sorry if that came off a little harsh in the beginning, i dont mean it to sound that way. its just that i dont agree with the whole nice girl, nice girl, slut/whore, asshole stereotyping.

i understand what you're trying to say when a guy is going for the wrong girl when a girl right next to him seems like the right match. but when nice guy nice girl terminology is introduced its basically my argument against nice guys finishing last scenario in reverse (nice girl finishing last as you mention). if theres a girl thats just really nice and thats it, thats all she offers, her whole essence can be reduced to just being nice (which is lame and not attractive). i'm not interested. not even as good friends really. you gottah have more going for you than being nice. you gottah have looks, talents, confidence, or whatever.

and remember just because a girl is a bitch doesn't necessarily mean she needs to be with an asshole, and that shes the worst choice for a guy that has nice aspects to his personality. a girl can be more than a bitch/slut just as a nice guy needs to be more than just nice (and lose the desperate, clingy, girl-retarded, self-ignoring aspects of their personality which they ignore to self label as nice guy!).

Jun 10, 2008 12:17 PM

Nov 2007
Yes, he can. It just depends on the girl. XD
Jun 10, 2008 12:34 PM

Aug 2007

Frequencity said:
meowmeow21 said:
Frequencity said:
meowmeow21 said:

yeah sorry if that came off a little harsh in the beginning, i dont mean it to sound that way. its just that i dont agree with the whole nice girl, nice girl, slut/whore, asshole stereotyping.

i understand what you're trying to say when a guy is going for the wrong girl when a girl right next to him seems like the right match. but when nice guy nice girl terminology is introduced its basically my argument against nice guys finishing last scenario in reverse (nice girl finishing last as you mention). if theres a girl thats just really nice and thats it, thats all she offers, her whole essence can be reduced to just being nice (which is lame and not attractive). i'm not interested. not even as good friends really. you gottah have more going for you than being nice. you gottah have looks, talents, confidence, or whatever.

and remember just because a girl is a bitch doesn't necessarily mean she needs to be with an asshole, and that shes the worst choice for a guy that has nice aspects to his personality. a girl can be more than a bitch/slut just as a nice guy needs to be more than just nice (and lose the desperate, clingy, girl-retarded, self-ignoring aspects of their personality which they ignore to self label as nice guy!).

Well I agree with you on that, but I guess it all comes down to is how do you classify nice. When I think about nice I think of the whole package of a personality besides treating people well and thats it. So in conclusion a nice girl/guy can get the girl/guy if there is more to her personality then just being nice

But sometimes I have to say, that sometimes the nice girl/guy can have more going for them but nobody ever takes time to get to know them because they think they're just nice.
Jun 10, 2008 11:07 PM

Mar 2008
MistaCloudStrife said:
traed said:

MistaCloudStrife said:

clingy
desperate
shy
girl-retarded
sensitive
a cry-baby
etc
etc
etc

...then you're all good.

Girls don't know what girls want. Mista knows what girls want. ^_~

They think they want someone sensitive, but what they really want is someone who'll listen to them and understand whatever they have to say. They think they want someone who's shy, but that shy guy is going to get annoying as hell later on int he relationship. Listen to Mista... he knows what he's talking about. LOLOLOLOL :D

I can sometimes be sensitive but not always, I do listen and am understanding. Im a little shy but can change some when im with certain people. Damn it I fit both but still no go ><
Jun 10, 2008 11:10 PM

Apr 2008
ChandraNalaar said:
"Nice" is a lie.

If there's one thing all people have in common, it's that we all have a certain level of ruthlessness or all-around sin. To deny your very human nature of such behavior is not only in itself a fabrication, it is a sign of cowardice. It is the kind of cowardice commonly stemmed from the unwillingness to step up after falling down, the lack of confidence after which one's desires are taken away. It is this same cowardice which is the reason why those who hide in the artificiality of "nice" do not come on top and do not get that which they desire.

i agree with this almost 100%. I'd rather have a decent guy who owns up to his mistakes and is aware of his faults than someone who tries so hard to be 'nice'. It often comes off as being fake, and I hate fake people.
Jun 11, 2008 3:24 AM

Mar 2008
only in movies
Jun 15, 2008 9:53 AM

May 2008
actually a 'nice guy' is a type of the man I would like to have.
unfortunately, they are usually rather shy and won't ever make a first step. and that's when *the other*, more outgoing men take advantage of them. are women really so scary? I sometimes really don't understand men. asking a girl out is not such a big deal.. if she refuses, that's ok, there is nothing to be ashamed of... *nice guys* shuld be more self-confident, there's really a lot of girls who would like to date them, but nothing is gonna happen if they don't try!
Jun 15, 2008 10:00 AM

Dec 2007
The phrase "nice guy" is all relative. Who'd to say who's nice and who's not nice? In fact, a nice guy can always be a façade. That's the first thing. Second is if you don't make the first step, there will never be a second step. Third, quit the illusional perfect love story in your head. Reality doesn't allow the boy meets girl, boy goes out with girl, boy gets girl type ending. Wake up, and smell reality.
Jun 15, 2008 10:22 AM

May 2008
I have never said that 'the boy meets girl, boy goes out with girl, boy gets girl type ending' is the only possible solution to get a girl. all I did was to point out that if they wanna get a girl, t h e y should do the first step, but they usually don't.

i don't mean only men are to do the firsty step or anything! I only said that if you like sb, you should do sth about that, try to draw attention of that person, NOT wait passively .

do not jump to quick conclusions.
Jun 15, 2008 10:27 AM

Dec 2007
jumikao said:
actually a 'nice guy' is a type of the man I would like to have.
unfortunately, they are usually rather shy and won't ever make a first step. and that's when *the other*, more outgoing men take advantage of them. are women really so scary? I sometimes really don't understand men. asking a girl out is not such a big deal.. if she refuses, that's ok, there is nothing to be ashamed of... *nice guys* shuld be more self-confident, there's really a lot of girls who would like to date them, but nothing is gonna happen if they don't try!

The thing is, most of them can't identify which type of girl to approach. IF they have a choice, that is. A lot of girls around 16-20 turn out to be total bitches when they are approached. At least, that's from my expiriences. It's also hard to determine if they will agree with your hobbies and interests. That also seems to be their trigger for turning into a flamethrower. For example, in some towns, it's very normal to like anime. Not everyone agrees with it, and not everyone watches it, but most of the at least accept it. If you tell that to someone in my country though, you will be looked at as an outcast. I think this is what makes most of the guys think twice before approaching a lady.
Jun 15, 2008 10:39 AM

May 2008
but I guess that nothing is gonna happen if U don't give it a try.. to win, U have to take the risk. U can always do a 'pre-research' on that person among Ur friends to know sth more about her/him. and if I go (for ex) to pub with my friends and meet new people, I can see if I get on well with sb or not .. after a chatt I think U may be able to tell if that person is in Ur type or not or if you have similar intrests.
Jun 15, 2008 10:44 AM

Dec 2007
@ Jumikao:

Whoa, girl, no need to get so hostile over it. I wasn't mentioning you or anything when I made my statement, and definately not to offend you . I meant that in general. Chill... :P
Jun 15, 2008 10:46 AM

Dec 2007
jumikao said:
but I guess that nothing is gonna happen if U don't give it a try.. to win, U have to take the risk. U can always do a 'pre-research' on that person among Ur friends to know sth more about her/him. and if I go (for ex) to pub with my friends and meet new people, I can see if I get on well with sb or not .. after a chatt I think U may be able to tell if that person is in Ur type or not or if you have similar intrests.

There's 2 options:

1. Get turned down and hear it for as long as you are directly connected to that certain person or friends of that certain person, or friends of the friends of that certain person.

2. Do nothing, and not having to hear it every day.

And most guys choose for the last. I can't disagree with that. I was once target of a few bullies that picked up the fact that i approached a girl without success, but i'm strong in my shoes. There's more than enough people that aren't that stable.
Jun 15, 2008 10:57 AM

May 2008
HalberdierRetsel said:
@ Jumikao:

Whoa, girl, no need to get so hostile over it. I wasn't mentioning you or anything when I made my statement, and definately not to offend you . I meant that in general. Chill... :P

really? so what was that 'wake up and smell reallity' comment about? :P

nevermind. I only wanted to make the things clear, as I might have been misunderstood for the first time.

Chavez :
unfortunately, I have to agree with U. there're a lot of people who are gonna pick on U as soon as they hear that U got rejected. the safer option is to do nothing and it's good as long as U're satisfied with that (being single).
but I think that it's better to try and be rejected than to seat and wait.. that is my opinion, though.
Jun 15, 2008 6:58 PM

Dec 2007
jumikao said:
really? so what was that 'wake up and smell reallity' comment about? :P

The question goes, "Can the nice guy get the girl?", and my answer is, wake up and smell reality. It's not a fairy tale. It won't happen. In the first place, nice guys don't exist. That's what I was getting at.
Jun 15, 2008 7:39 PM

May 2008
Yes nice guys can get a girlfriend, but let me give you a little info.

It generally doesn't happen until 25 or so. It takes girls at least that long to finally figure out what the hell they want, and to understand that guys don't have pecs and abs the size of a watermelon like in teen magazines and anime.

However don't think that only applies for girls. It also applies for guys as well. In fact, i'd say more guys do it then girls do. You may think of yourself a nice guy and go "Well, i think its only girls! Im xx years old and I still dont have a girlfriend!". Why not look at what kind of girls you have around you? Theres a good chance that there IS a girl that likes you, but they may not be that "super hot cheerleader" type or even the "omg hawt book worm" girl with the librarian glasses, but at least someone does like you. Never know, you may find out you like her.

Point is, don't worry about it. You are...i can't remember, 20 or so right? You're prime time isn't for a least another 16 years. Don't worry about girls right now because like I said very rarely will you find a girl that knows what you want. Instead focus on improving yourself (either through school, gym, etc) and do things you enjoy. Chances are you will meet a girl doing what you enjoy, and may find that she's a tons better then what you were "hoping" for.

Peace~

*edit* This does not mean that if you look good, keep yourself in shape, and have a nice tan that you are an asshole, but generally speaking most people that are "hot" don't really realize the affect they have on people (and often times are rude, although they don't mean to).
Nikato's PokePet

ChickMagnet the level 50 Pikachu!
Jun 16, 2008 9:12 PM
May 2008
In anime yes in real life highly unlikely
Jun 16, 2008 10:30 PM

Jun 2007
some advice to "nice shy guys".

:: Steps to brake out of the shyness ::
1) Practice saying Hi or start small chat to at least 10 strangers a day.
2) When talking to someone make eye contact. If it's hard for you, make a game out of it. See how long you can make eye contact before braking it. Then try again.
3) Speak with a clear voice no matter who your talking to.
4) When someone is talking to you, pay attention and actuly listen to them. Don't think about how your going to respond. Don't think about where you should be looking. Just listen to what their saying. This will help you remember things about people better and also, if done enough, will help make your shyness.

:: Steps to help increase your chances of getting a g/f ::
1) Always be optimistic, girls find guys that have optimistic looks more attractive then guys that think their life sucks or have self pity.
2) Look your best no matter where you go. Yes, even if you just woke up and your just going to the local food shopping place. Who knows when you might meet someone attractive.
3) Make eye contact always! Even if your scared or to shy try and make eye contact. Girls love it when you're paying attention to them and only them. Even if your a complete stranger. This is why step #2 in the "Steps to brake out of the shyness" was added. To help shy people brake their habit of not looking girls in the eyes.
4) Just like #3, wile your making eye contact listen to what their saying. Make sure you understand what their saying. Don't think about other things wile their talking.
4) Be decisive! Anytime you come to a hard decision or start to question something. Spend no more then 10 or 15 seconds and then make a choice. Life will not stop if you make the wrong choice. Ponder on whether you made the right choice or not will cause stress and show that your not sure of your self to the girl and to others around you. Just choose and move on.
5) Be confident, confidence is the key in attracting people. If you don't have confidence in your self then what makes you think a girl is going to want to be with you? Act confident even when you don't feel it. Walk around like you're hot shit, speak clear, smile at people..etc. Confidence is the key to making friends and meeting girls.

These are just some simple tips I've used in the past to brake out of my shyness and meet new people. Girls are a confusing bunch but not because they want to be.
I know several girls that are just friends and they've confessed they have no idea what they really want in a guy. Meeting guys and going out helps them decide though.

So unlike guys, girls don't go by visual appeal. Even though it may seem like they do, personality and confidence is what their really after. Hot guys have confidence, thus girls like them.
Jun 17, 2008 1:30 AM

Dec 2007
DeathfireD said:

So unlike guys, girls don't go by visual appeal. Even though it may seem like they do, personality and confidence is what their really after.

100% disagree. They look for both of them.
Jun 17, 2008 1:48 AM
Jun 2008
No. A nice guy that get a girl is a fake relationship. It will eventually crumble if this is one of the only characteristics of the male. Go have some education.
Jun 17, 2008 1:50 AM

May 2008
can a the "nice guy" get the girl?
maybe. he definatly can get a girl but not necessarily the girl he's after.

It doesnt matter how nice you are though. the biggest jerk could be going out with an angel, even though he's a jerk even towards her. and she wont even call u a friend no matter how nice you are. why? because the jerk has the guts to talk to talk to her and be himself around her, which allows her to be the same and drop her guard and just be silly at times. a "nice guy" is usually worried about the girl's feelings and her image of him, so ends up being more stiff and not much fun. and that has a negative effect obviously.

for guys who believe that girls are complicated... you're wrong. they're not complicated at all. us guys make them complicated. all a girl wants is some one who not only cares for her but occasionally tells her that he cares for her, u cant assume she knows simply because you do. she wants some one to be her self around and act silly with, but at the same time she needs some one to listen with care to her problems, not some one nodding their head while busying themselves with something else. when a girl changes something small she would like the guy to notice, and you should, especially if it's to do with their hair. and lastly a girl needs some one to complement her on everything, if tell a girl she's beautiful and she says "no im not" dont just say "ok, whatever" dammit, she just said "im not" to get reassured by you because she likes to hear that she's beautiful.

thats as much as i can think of right now and I'm sure that if it doesnt apply to all girls it defiantly applies to the majority of them.
Jun 17, 2008 7:48 AM

May 2008
perfidiouspal said:
The nice guy can get the girl.

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Jun 17, 2008 9:18 AM

Apr 2008
In their 30s single girls look for a nice and caring guy with a stable job and a big car.
Just wait 10 years.
/jk

Seriously, "nice and shy" gets old easily, it's just an act to hide their inexperience, give the guy a girl, he'll be the usual complete asshole with her (same goes for the girl ofc).
"He who desire but act not breeds pestilence" - just don't rot, it stinks and you'll definitely make people run away.
Head Over Heels
Jun 17, 2008 9:37 AM

Feb 2008
p3rk3le said:
if you're too good for you're own good, it gets kinda uncool. All i'm saying is, i agree on being nice even with people who dont generally deserve it, as long as you dont forget your own ideals and pride.
Well there are the "nice and shy" and then there are the "doormats". I can clearly see why girls don't like to date pushovers
Olire said:
Seriously, "nice and shy" gets old easily, it's just an act to hide their inexperience, give the guy a girl, he'll be the usual complete asshole with her (same goes for the girl ofc).
As an act, yes, it does grow old. Yet actual nice guys weren't like the bold part of your sentence in the first place
Olire said:
"He who desire but act not breeds pestilence"
Kudos for finding such a marvelous phrase
VegreaperJun 17, 2008 9:41 AM

Jun 17, 2008 9:57 AM

May 2008
Of course nice guys can get girls. ;3

Jun 17, 2008 11:44 AM

Jan 2008
nice guys can get girls, and it seems that they are the guys that end up with the girls at the end, but the thing is, if you're the nice guy, you might not get the girl until mid to late 20s and past, b/c many girls are just looking to have fun, and they want a fun guy, whether that's a bad guy, or a funny guy, but not necessarily a nice guy, so if you're looking to have "fun" at an earlier age, you're probably not going to, plus, being a nice guy you might not really want to anyway

but otherwise, just be outgoing, i think it's really that more than anything else, a nice guy doesn't have to mean shy and introverted, there are nice outgoing guys, and they can get girls
Jun 17, 2008 3:19 PM

Jan 2008
If you're niceness stands out too much, then the girl is definitely not going to like you. It's just awkward and unnatural. And most of the time "Nice Guys" aren't aggressive enough to make the girl like them.
Jun 17, 2008 4:51 PM

Apr 2008
not until your like 30

girls say they want nice guys but they don't, not yet anyways

you don't have to be a dick just don't let the girls walk all over you

(most) girls want a man that can protect them and tell them whats what

Jun 17, 2008 5:49 PM

Jun 2008
FireReaverX said:
Only if he's really hot.

i wouldn't have been able to say that any better myself
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.