Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 12, 2011 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
DoubleDango said:
AmberFebruary said:
this is one of the greatest pair i've seen since Senjougahara and Araragi.
Senjougahara X Araragi will never lose to any other couples just sayin'.
And just because it was brought up, I'll further strengthen the previous statement, Senjougahara×Araragi will always be the best couple.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 12, 2011 8:50 AM

Jun 2009
cleo said:
The nun (smelling of liquor?) stealing her own plate was fishy. Why would a thief make a public display of his theft?
It's clearly a disguise, but I doubt it's Victorique's mum, unless she wears colored eyelenses.

True. Also, why would nun steal plate she was selling? she could have done that quietly without anyone noticing.

But she really was acting strange all the time.She may not be Victorique's mother but she clearly either knows something about Victorique or Cordelia. Besides that nun was lying about being raised in that village and she went to vilage of Grey Wolves as well. It makes me wonder that kinda business she has there.

AngelicFeces said:
Wait, what's wrong with Cordelia being a murderer?
Wasn't the village supposed to kill people too?

Maybe because Cordelia killed someone important to the village or there is some kind of law - not kill members of village?
Feb 12, 2011 9:19 AM

Jan 2011
I really enjoyed this episode since we got to learn more about Victorique's past and her mother, but Kujo was such a jerk in the first half. -__-
Feb 12, 2011 11:05 AM
Oct 2009
why i think the nun is cordelia, and the plate has something important to do with the "murder"
Feb 12, 2011 11:27 AM

Apr 2007
Dropping this boring shit. This series can pretend to be a mystery/detective story all it wants, but honestly its just YAY LOOK AT VICTORIQUE ISNT SHE JUST SO ADORABLE AND CUTE AND STUBBORN AND MOE AND TSUNDERE, AND KUJO IS TOTALLY HER BITCH AND OFTEN TREATED BAD ISNT THAT JUST SO FUNNY AND/OR POSSIBLY SEXUALLY SATISFYING TO CERTAIN WATCHERS.
Feb 12, 2011 11:47 AM

Jun 2009
Seems like a major arc in story just started, looking forward to it. The magican guy, well i wouldn't be suprised if he was the real assasin of the person Cordelia supposedly killed. Either way, there is something more to him, and we'll see him later for sure.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 12, 2011 11:54 AM

Sep 2010
So much cute victorique moments in this episode......

Great episode..... :D
Feb 12, 2011 12:56 PM

Nov 2009
Good episode. Surprised we are getting to the real stuff only a quarter through. The village is a pretty interesting place it seems O.o Look at all those 'insane' faces.
Feb 12, 2011 1:13 PM
Jan 2010
A show made by High Sensitve Person for High Sensitive Person.
Victorica is definitely a HSP.
Feb 12, 2011 1:18 PM

Feb 2010
Charliehsv said:
Kujou seriously drags this show down, and is quite possibly a contender to the worst male leads this season.

worse than ichika?

imposible.
Feb 12, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2010
Victorique is a crybaby
Feb 12, 2011 2:08 PM
Mar 2010
i rally like this episode but kujo is really stupid man a kiss on the forehead would look cute but a flick on the head really stupid but victorique's reaction looks really cute the nxt episode is gonna be interesting man
Feb 12, 2011 2:31 PM

Jul 2010
DoubleDango said:
AmberFebruary said:
this is one of the greatest pair i've seen since Senjougahara and Araragi.
Senjougahara X Araragi will never lose to any other couples just sayin'.
That's Bakemonogatari, right? Ugh, I really need to see this show.
dws said:
Calling Victorique's name every 10 second is getting on my nerves..
I suggest you never watch Inuyasha. After that I am prepared to brave any repetitive name shouting.

If you watched even a small portion of those videos, I'm sure you'll happily forgive Kujo. :P

AmberFebruary said:
Winter anime 2011 ranking!

http://i.imgur.com/ikYTQl.jpg

and i'm glad GOSICK is doing pretty good, getting the rank 3 place.

even though Madoka Magica is mind blowing and turning out to be the best this season,
GOSICK is an instant favorite for me, i fell in love with this show ^^

(and i don't see why the lame IS gets the 2nd rank xD)
Gosick is doing a lot better than I thought it would. I'm glad. Madoka is good, too, but I think it's over-hyped. WTF is IS: Infinite Stratos doing that high? Put it down there with Rio already. That makes me sad. Is that Hourou Musuko at #4? Surprising. And I thought Kimi ni Todoke S2, Fractale, and Beelzebub would be ranked higher. A bit sad that the first two I mentioned aren't doing better.
IiliaFeb 12, 2011 3:30 PM
Feb 12, 2011 3:12 PM

Dec 2009
can't get enough of victorique ^_^
yuno6.jpg
Feb 12, 2011 3:23 PM

Nov 2007
AmberFebruary said:

Completely offtopic, but is that Hourou Musuko ranked 4?
I love that series, but I'm amazed it's ranked so high O_O
Feb 12, 2011 4:07 PM

Feb 2010
Nice one, seriously, this is very good.
Feb 12, 2011 4:28 PM

Jul 2010
victoriqa... ne victoriqa.. victoriqa.. ne ne victoriqa...
Its become a pun. and victoriqa with tears. moe moe.. that's all is there.
by the way, what is Orsola doing in GOSICK. O__o
Feb 12, 2011 6:08 PM

Feb 2011
Victorique was cute all over this episode. The backstory on her mother was nice and the theory about the nun being her mother was something I thought about too. The welcoming party was rather...excessive and when Kujo got in front of her I was like: "Yeah you go ahead and stop THAT mob".
Feb 12, 2011 7:26 PM

Oct 2008
AmberFebruary said:

even though Madoka Magica is mind blowing and turning out to be the best this season,

What's the source of the rankings in the image?
Feb 12, 2011 9:24 PM

Aug 2010
I really want to see more of that magician since he seemed so interesting. I guess I'll just have to wait.
Feb 12, 2011 10:41 PM

Aug 2010
I knew that nun was her mom. I foresee that red haired magician having more significance later on.
Feb 13, 2011 1:08 AM

Nov 2010
Strange old man means really odd case...Lets see what exactly will unfold with all the events with that nun and magician and Victoriques mother, too bad that she is a criminal which sort of feels odd since she gave birth to super genius detective.
Feb 13, 2011 2:11 AM

Jul 2010
Omniknight said:
AmberFebruary said:

Toranoana's Winter 2011 animation ranking

Toranoana is a shop in Akihabara w/c spans eight floors and is full of otaku stuff
(a pillar of Otakuism indeed)

setting that aside

http://static.zerochan.net/full/05/23/438655.jpg

now this is something to look at ^___^

as for the red haired magician (damn, he's not just interesting but also cool)
AmberFebruaryFeb 13, 2011 2:35 AM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Feb 13, 2011 5:40 AM

Dec 2009
Feb 13, 2011 7:52 AM
Jan 2010
awesome-49 said:
Victorique is a crybaby

She is a High Sensitive Person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person
Feb 13, 2011 4:07 PM

Aug 2008
Very interesting. It looks like we're going to get into Victorique's origins. We also get to see more people from the opening animation. Might we be getting into heart of this show? I sure hope so. Indeed, if I was paying attention I should've noticed that "nun" spreading her legs like a whore. But like in previous episodes, this weak mystery was merely a set up for a much bigger one to come. I'm anxious to see Victorique put her all into this mystery.

Feb 13, 2011 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
yay, finally we're gonna solve the mystery i got interest in.

the intro of the magician was kinda odd. it creeps me out when he picks up a dead bird. he may knows about kujo and victorique. i don't understand why he tries to displease his audience by giveing them a dead bird, but then show kujo the final act with the hat and the reviving bird.

i agree with plenty of you that the nun is suspicious, but we don't have much to talk about her. wait, on thing. maybe grevil didn't arrest the nun knowing that she is victorique's haha.

grevils reaction towards victorique's mom kinda creeped me out.

why would a village of people descend just to kill people below? kinda make me wanna move out of the town. and a dead bird doesn't ward of evil villagers.

i don't understand what the elder meant by victoriques return being a blessing of why her mom was so hated. who do you usually have to murder to be hated by a entire village?

last thing
the people in the anime are phyco
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Feb 14, 2011 12:40 AM

Nov 2008
Interesting episode, we know something about Victorica`s mother and more about her past. Next episode more probably.
Feb 14, 2011 4:54 AM

Apr 2010
Okay we're getting somewhere with Victorica's past, which is a good thing i guess.

But Kujou is still as annoying as ever. I mean after shutting that window, what did he really think Victorica was about to do...? I honestly knew she was about to pull our some kind of necklace.

Victorica was partially asleep... hm... even she has sleeping issues i guess.

I remember that Victorica loved the look shiny sea under the sun, a trait of Gray Wolves as far as we know. And at least now we know why Grevil called her a grey wolf. (the spelling of Gray is bothering me a lot).

Best bit of Kujou is when after all the people retreat in a few steps, he moves forward as if he will protect Victorica.

And again, the mystery factor isn't really there... this isn't so mysterious.

But a good show nonetheless.

What i gotta remind myself is that Kujou thinks like a kid from the period that this Anime is set in. You know, things like Magic are very much believed in. Which in that case means that Victorica has quite the modern mindset, or well... not modern, but more logical and sensible.
Feb 14, 2011 6:03 AM

Oct 2010
This was a superb episode about Victorique’s mother. The whole Grey Wolf story was so Ookami Kakushi reminder. So much elements taken from there, well at least there won’t be a moon problem but in this case a murder to solve. I am 100% sure Victorique’s mother was setup either out of jealousy from someone in the village or a opposing member to all this aristocrat blood mixing. I want first to bring attention to Victorique’s mother name Cordelia. Its meaning is indeed as a GIF of her mother suggests with the below,

a beautifully unique women that has much to be proud in giving birth and just because of all this mess she was imprisoned only to escape and have Victorique suffer that enclosure. Anyways more elaboration about Victorique,

About Victorique, a amazing revelation about her mother just made it worth everything of the episode. Victorique has some amazing MOE faces in the spoiler
mainly due to Kujo and her emotional expressions. From the start of the episode I see she gets quite messy with her sweets even though she looks adorable. She does get rather fast bored with the hat, which suggests finally that she has many book opened because her boredom gets that fast so she switches to another book and goes back to the other books where she left off to read. I am a little baffled at the following spoiler
as it seems to show a painting of what look like heaven with the Archangel Saint Michael, which BTW is the patron of cops and law enforcers, that there is a skull to ornament around the painting. Strange really. She still continues to be adorable in that hat and it took till the end of the episode to figure out that part about Grevil’s reaction. I was at first certain the way her face changed suddenly and that shows that she was interested in this Grey Wolf gathering for the summer solstice.

The mention of Sauville is actually real since it’s a real town in France. Unfortunately Kujo was so clumsy to have tripped Victorique and make her be in pain even though her MOE shot up big time around that part. He goes on like a fool to test it out by flicking his finger at Victorique. It made her cry and I find it really a downgrade of Kujo to play pranks like that on Victorique, well I hope that’s the last of that test. Victorique is still a little bit childish to bring a teddy bear among all the necessary things. Looks like the inn keeper thinks of her as being part of the Grey Wolves, which she is a little given that later on it explains her mother was part of them. Victorique’s shoes are really small when see from another angle. I do appreciate her sudden reaction change when talking about her mother, Cordelia Gallo. Best serious part really so far in the whole series. She was gorgeous as her name implies and from the looks of that evil smile of of the Grevil’s father, the shit head used her just to make his bloodline stronger. What a selfish reason of him IMO. In the end I think the room setup with Victorique and Kujo was fine, especially when you consider how Kujo wanted Victorique to be born and in turn made her laugh as well as get a payback by flicking her finger at him. I also think that part was emotionally charged enough to release the most “feel sorry” for Victorique of all the series so far.

As the conclude on Victorique, as they enter the village of the Grey Wolves, I notice its placement is that of a old castle and the peasant’s weapon’s being swords instead of guns characterizes this well furthermore the elder reminds of some of them I saw back in France itself.
Rest in spoiler
About preview, someone is going to go crazy! It will very interesting to find out all about Victorique’s mother and those characters in the preview.
Yumekichi11Feb 14, 2011 6:23 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 14, 2011 9:06 AM

Oct 2009
Interesting, a story about Victorique's mother.
Feb 14, 2011 10:03 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I am going to suspect the magician being in all this. Being disguised as a nun could be possible but not sure of that.

I don't think so. Mildred seems to be a woman.

Yumekichi11 said:
About Grevil, there was not much of him but the way he reacted to Victorique with that hat suggested perhaps a fear of her mother especially with sweat running down his face but also I think he somehow had a thing for her due to his blushing or he was just embarrassed to be tricked by his half sister.

Grevil was still a child (or a young teen) when Victorique was born so his parents had big influence in his life. Also, I believe that his mother wasn't pleased with a fact that her husband has a daughter with murderer.
He was probably just embarrassed when he realized his mistake.
PerlaNemesisFeb 15, 2011 1:12 PM
Feb 14, 2011 11:56 AM

Jul 2009
Avril is awesome :P
Anyways, Victorica really started to bug me this episode. I mean I get it if you're mad about him, but seriously? She just doesn't do it for me -_-"
Same with Kujou ... if you're gonna make a threat you better back it up, don't just STAY THERE AND REPEAT IT LIKE THREE TIMES. What is this, some anime for weak mains or something?
Mystery sucked again ...
Anyways, the next arc looks interesting at least. Castle place seems interesting ...? Nun seeems so too, her voice seems kind of familiar ...
Oh background story, whoop de doop. I dunno, it just bugs me she's all raring to go about proving her mother's innocence ... when she very well might not be. Except for the fact it's an anime so OF COURSE SHE'S INNOCENT amirite
Just hope this doesn't turn out to be a horrible disappointment like Yakumo >_<
Feb 14, 2011 12:28 PM

Dec 2009
Although this episode was mostly set up for the upcoming one, I still found it quite enjoyable.
Feb 14, 2011 10:47 PM

Nov 2009
Haha looks like an interesting setup for the next arc. :s
Feb 15, 2011 2:07 AM

Oct 2010
PerlaNemesis said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I am going to suspect the magician being in all this. Being disguised as a nun could be possible but not sure of that. In regard to Mildred, just her joining in the train and the fact of being related to the Grey Wolves makes me wonder about all this. I am very suspicious of her and that magician somehow.
I don't think so. Mildred seems to be a woman.

Yes she does but is there no tricks to make yourself look like a woman? That magician looked pretty good with illusions, who know how advance were the times at 1924s in regards to changing looks. We shall see who is Mildred exactly but the magician being in the OP must mean he has a future role at least.
Yumekichi11 said:
About Grevil, there was not much of him but the way he reacted to Victorique with that hat suggested perhaps a fear of her mother especially with sweat running down his face but also I think he somehow had a thing for her due to his blushing or he was just embarrassed to be tricked by his half sister.
PerlaNemesis said:
Grevil was still a child (or a young teen) when Victorique was born so his parents had big influence in his life. Also, I believe that his mother wasn't pleased with a fact that her husband has a daughter with murderer. He was probably just embarrassed when he realized his mistake.
That' what I though among other thoughts. OK then.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 15, 2011 8:42 AM

Jul 2010
Interesting episode. Many cute and funny Victorica moments, but Kujou was being an ass as always. >.<

I must say this mystery really interests me and I'm looking forward to the next one to learn more about Victorica's mother. I also think that the nun knows Victorica already, but I don't think she's the mother herself.

Zero-11 said:
awesome-49 said:
Victorique is a crybaby

She is a High Sensitive Person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person
Yeah, not surprising considering what she's been through in her childhood.

Feb 15, 2011 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
for those asking why the hell would the nun steal her own plate.

she's just working like "part time", a clerk, a saleslady, she does not own the merchandise that's why she said at the train that she's been yelled at when Kujo asked about what happened afterwards. ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Feb 16, 2011 11:08 AM

Jun 2008
Iilia said:

Also, why in the blazes didn't Kujo go ask that guy to give him back his textbooks? He just kind of gave up like they were really gone for good. o.O

Yeah i was wondering the same thing. Who reacts like that? Just leaving his book go. I would be chasing him and force him to give me my books.

The nun seems suspiciously close of being Victorique's mother.She was obviously raised in that strange village they just arrived like her mother was.
Feb 16, 2011 12:22 PM

Aug 2008
Nice to see a change of clothes for Victorique. I was getting pretty tired of the same old outfit.

Love the tidbits about Victorique's mom. It's interesting to see how Victorique would redress her grievances.
Feb 16, 2011 5:47 PM

Oct 2007
AmberFebruary said:

she's just working like "part time", a clerk, a saleslady, she does not own the merchandise that's why she said at the train that she's been yelled at when Kujo asked about what happened afterwards. ^^
Shouldn't you ask a better question if you say she is just a clerk/saleslady? Why would she come to this kind of village for if she is just a clerk/saleslady?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 16, 2011 6:06 PM

Jul 2010
Siva said:
AmberFebruary said:

Shouldn't you ask a better question if you say she is just a clerk/saleslady? Why would she come to this kind of village for if she is just a clerk/saleslady?

the same reason why the others did

the village is inviting their descendants in their village for the upcoming festival ^^
Feb 16, 2011 8:09 PM

Jan 2009
Victoria's past seems pretty interesting, and I'm curious how they seem to be bringing such a big thing so early in the series.
Feb 17, 2011 6:09 PM

Jun 2009
Vanisher said:
Charliehsv said:
Kujou seriously drags this show down, and is quite possibly a contender to the worst male leads this season.

worse than ichika?

imposible.

I don't think Kujou is half bad actually.

At least the guy got balls. I mean dude... fighting a sociopath with a big axe, as well as defending Victorica behind his back when there's over 30 men with swords in front of him.

Sure he's some sort of a pushover, but when he is needed, he puts on a strong face.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2011 3:02 AM

Apr 2010
i agree..things are getting excited in this series. Im really curious about the 'murder' victorique's mother had committed..

and also that nun..she's suspicious..!! She's the suspect of the previous case, right?

sora_yumeFeb 19, 2011 3:05 AM
Feb 19, 2011 5:04 PM

Apr 2009
Of course it's murder.
Mar 1, 2011 9:17 AM
Feb 2009
just have to say this, cordelia just doesnt look good in her dancing cloths n makeup... =_="
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 2, 2011 3:18 PM
Mar 2010
plot begins to be interesting, who was cordelia gall, really?
Victorica is so kawaiiii, she is very good chara, every episode reveals us an aspect of her personality.....
I'm very curious for that nun......

next to 7th ep
Mar 27, 2011 12:54 AM

Jan 2011
Kujo, you are mean.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Apr 17, 2011 3:49 AM

Oct 2008
Victorique is sooooooo cute. :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.