Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on series rated 5 and below on the above users list

New
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2011 10:47 PM

Jul 2008
@Season Reaper

First, I like your profile photo. Madoka, right?

Lol. Lucky Star and Mars of Destruction are at the same level. I'm so surprised that you hate it so much to give it a one, but yet you still managed to watch the OVA for it. I mean if you gave it a one. Why would you watch the OVA? @_@

07-Ghost made me so sleeeeepy. It's just a bunch of bishies talking to each other about... how.... beautiful.... must not look at bishies...... they... will.. steal my bodily fluids.

Basquash was more focused on selling shoes than producing a good show. It was mildly entertaining for me though are scores aren't that different. I gave it a six.

Kiddy Grade and Fate/Stay Night were just bleh. Bleh is all I can say for mediocre/bad shows. RANDOM: I STILL DON'T KNOW IF THE SINGER WHO SANG THE OP FOR KIDDY GRADE IS A MALE OR FEMALE.
Jan 31, 2011 2:11 AM

Mar 2009
@shuffleair

Bakuman-why are you still sticking with it at your rating?

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei-I really liked this a lot when I first saw it, but now it's starting to fade from memory, but I still liked it quite a bit.

Eden of the East-yay, someone else who thinks it's not all that great!
Jan 31, 2011 5:37 PM

Sep 2009
@Fakir:

Grave of the Fireflies: Well now, what did you not like about it? Sentimentalism isn't for everyone, I suppose, but I haven't seen it myself, though. I've only heard good things about it.

Yu-Gi-Oh! (1999): The Abridged Version of this movie was probably 10x better than this.

Princess Mononoke: Preachy? I suppose the moral was dropped pretty hard, but I found it to be entertaining nonetheless, and the violence was used rather well.

Whisper of the Heart/Spirited Away: Somebody doesn't like Ghibli,

Mars of Destruction: I cried.

La Maison en Petits Cube: I thought it was beautiful myself the way the world was presented and the story's way of being revealed, but not something everyone will enjoy.

Evangelion: Overrated? Probably, but I want to see it anyway since I heard the rebuild movies were a-may-zing.
Jan 31, 2011 11:10 PM

Mar 2009
PseudoJordan

Mars of Destruction: I can easily see why, though I gotta say there were some LOL moments.

MM!: It started off good but lost direction and became lame/boring.

REC Special: Although generally romance isn't my kinda thing, I liked it.

CG R2: Yeah, I can see why you rated it low.

KnK6: My least fave movie from KnK.

HotD: The action was poor and the fanservice wasn't even enjoyable.

Sengoku Basara: I found it boring

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009): Stupid endless eight

DearS: Hm.. I liked it actually.
Jan 31, 2011 11:33 PM

Apr 2010
AlexSadist-sama

Azumanga Daioh: I don't see why, it's fun and enjoyable.

Blood+: I can see why you rated this a 5, it is a little slow.

Fate Stay/night: It was horrible but I didn't think it was that heinous.

G-Spot Express: Yeah I saw that one too...

Gunslinger Girl: I liked it.

Highschool of the Dead: I can understand your rating. The anime adaption wasn't very good.

Ichigo 100%: I understand this one too, another bad adaption, except I dropped it and you probably forced yourself to finish it out.

K-ON!: Are you fucking kidding me?

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai: You were probably one of those people who thought Kirino was too bitchy and ruined the show. Personally I liked it.

Paranoia Agent: I saw this a long time ago. Now that I think back on it, it was baseless and confusing, and all came down to a dog that got nailed by a car. So I understand here.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: I don't really understand the rating here. Though personally I was in it for Yoko.

To-LOVE-Ru: I completely understand this rating.

Jan 31, 2011 11:47 PM

Apr 2009
The only one I've seen on your list is Ponyo, which I really liked. I thought it was the strongest Ghibli film since Whisper in the Heart, but I'm in the minority on that
Jan 31, 2011 11:52 PM

Mar 2009
@Walla

Revolutionary Girl Utena-a 4, really? I mean, when it comes to amazing magical girl series, it's no Princess Tutu, and I must say that 39 episodes was way too long for it and it reused more footage than possibly any other show I've ever seen, but I think it still entertained me overall. I think it's average, but not really bad.

Eiken-hehe, i think it's so bad it's good, but it deserves every low score it gets all the same
Feb 1, 2011 12:07 AM

Apr 2009
@FallnKnightFakir

You were born the day after me :O I should rewatch Utena, it's been too long. My favorite episodes were the filler ones with Nanami.

1. Code Geass - Liked it.
2. Kiki's Delivery Service - Solid movie, I really enjoyed it, the atmosphere and settings are so nice
3. Toko wo Kakeru Shoujo - REALLY liked it for the first 2/3rds, but I agree with you about the end, they took it in a completely wrong direction I think
4. Tsumiki no Ie - The only short I've ever loved
5. Ima Soko ni Iru Boko - All time classic for me!
6. Escaflowne - Classic, I enjoyed this so much
7. Princess Mononoke - Not one of my faves either
8. Lain - Another all-time classic! Two of my 10 ratings down, hah
9. Whisper of the Heart - See my earlier post, thought this was great. I was touched.
10. Eiken - Ha! A bad one indeed. I've rewatched it a couple times though for some reason
11. Spirited Away - Another Ghibli I too thought was overrated
12. Howl's Moving Castle - I liked this one though
13. NGE - First half is the best thing ever, shame about the second half
14. Grave of the Fireflies - Awww man... one I really enjoyed
15. Excel Saga - Not bad but I prefer the manga
Feb 1, 2011 12:20 AM

Mar 2009
@ FallnKnightFakir
The fact that some of our tastes and interests are so different makes this fun.

-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Feb 1, 2011 1:00 AM

Mar 2009
@lisnoire
believe it or not, I have seen Serial Experiments Lain more than once, the first time was when it aired on TV. I remembered not liking it then, but then saw it on DVD for cheap years later and watched it again, still disliked it.
And as for Self-Portrait, I watched some of the other Tezuka shorts and loved them, I am a pretty big Tezuka fan. And why not watch it, it's literally 5 seconds.
And I didn't rate the Cowboy Bebop movie, I know I've seen it, but it was ages ago and I forgot all about it, it's at the end of the list with no rating (if you ordered the list by number)

Onto your list

And why is LoGH on hold?! Go finish it!
Feb 1, 2011 9:31 AM

Jun 2008
@ FallnKnightFakir

Digimon - I've always been a Digimon fan.

Escaflowne - The most gorgeous mecha anime ever made imo.

Princess Mononoke - I'm not a Miyazaki fan either, but I liked this movie.

Lain - I liked it, but it's not perfect at all.

Howl's Moving Castle - Meh, too weird to understand. Didn't care about it.

Mars Of Destruction - It made me lol so much, I gave it a 4.

Evangelion - I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I like it nevertheless.

Grave Of The Fireflies - I also thought it was a terrible, boring, and overly dramatic movie.

Gilgamesh - Watched the first episode. Looked pretty slow and boring to me.

Jigoku Shoujo - Now this is a series I absolutely must complete. I loved the first episode. Ai is irresistible.

Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu - I've watched very little of it, but it didn't seem so bad to me. It seemed pretty peculiar and unique for a mahou shoujo anime.

Kodomo No Omocha - Here I have the opposite opinion of yours. I didn't like the manga and I loved the anime.

Excel Saga - One of my top 10 favorite anime. Enough said.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Feb 1, 2011 10:31 AM

Jul 2008
@RenaPsychoKiller

Cencoroll a two? I know it's not a masterpiece, but a two? Why? I found it to be fairly good. (I gave it a six.)

I'll ignore School Days, since everybody hates it except for me. :D (Your username is even PsychoKiller. I thought this show would be perfect for you. XDDDDDD)

Azumanga Daioh a three? But but but but but it's so funny. Osakaaaaa~

Kamichama Karin is crap and I so agree. Satelight and their adaptation of mahou shoujo, except Shugo Chara was good until the third season came. Bad Satelight.
Feb 1, 2011 11:54 AM

Apr 2009
shuffleair

Bakuman. Currently enjoying it. The idea to show how the world of manga works and what makes it tick is fascinating, also I like the characters, Eiji is especially awesome.
Dance in the Vampire Bund. Dropped it. There was a great potential here, sadly ruined by the production plan. Shaft screwed big time. Even on BDs those episodes were not fixed enough, just look at the terrible ED in the final cut.
Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha. I liked it greatly. Good action, mostly interesting characters.
Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini. That was fail, I agree.
Dogs: Bullets & Carnage. I can see the reason to score it low. The first episode was not all that interesting, gunfights in the Badou's part were just ridiculous.
Higashi no Eden. Really good stuff in my opinion.
Ookami Kakushi was terrible, dragged and uninteresting, that's true. The final episode was the only good one really. And it was not even a part of the central plot line. Just a comedic bonus.
Seiken no Blacksmith was terrible as well. Dropped it for good.
Feb 1, 2011 1:30 PM

Mar 2009
FallnKnightFakir said:
. . . . .And why is LoGH on hold?! Go finish it!

Savoring it and sort of saving the best for last and not wanting to see the end. It is truly a masterpiece. Also want to see all the movies, OVA's etc.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Feb 1, 2011 3:43 PM

Nov 2007
Edit: I’ve missed @Klimat post...somehowO_o

Ookami Kakushi- This anime was just...bleh, so I can understand why u gave it a 5.

Seikon no Qwaser- again, no surprise there.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch- Like I said before- one of my favourites. For me it was very entreating, it kept me hooked while I was watching it. R2 was less...unfortunately. And I loved the characters.

Kaze no Stigma- Far from perfect, but I don't think it was that bad. And Kazuma was too badass to give this a lower rating:P

------
@lisnoire

Yumekui Merry- One of the shows this season(together with Level E, Kimi ni Todoke 2 and Fractale) that seems more interesting to me than the rest that is airing right now.

Ouran High School Host Club- I enjoyed this one a lot.

Dragon Crisis!- Average for me.

Beelzebub- bleh...boring.

Skip Beat!- Another one I liked a lot.

DearS- I completely understand this rating.

Starry Sky- It's just my guilty pleasure this season hehe...you know: hot guys, hot seiyuu’s etc. xD. And I played the games before so I know all the stories and the characters. But if it wasn’t for that I would rate this show pretty loooow myself. So no surprise there.

Karin- Meh nothing great or horrible for that matter, just an Ok show.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu- A bit of a surprise there. Personally, I loved it. I found it quite entertaining.

Seikon no Qwaser- yeah, pretty much agree with this one.
RazziellFeb 1, 2011 4:27 PM

Feb 1, 2011 4:08 PM

Nov 2008
@Razziell:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX: Get your game on! Yu-Gi-Oh in general is a guilty pleasure for me. I find it fun to watch, despite the fact you pretty already know who's going to win.

Nanatsuiro Drops is a very mediocre series. The plot feels like it was written by a bad fanfiction writer. The visuals are really all it has going for it.

K-ON! Mindless moe fanservice. 5 is about the right score.

Blood: The Last Vampire: As I mentioned before, I think the action is good enough to save it from being a 5, but if you are rating solely on plot, then I agree.

To LOVE-Ru: Modern Urusei Yatsura remake, pretty much. Nothing special, so I'm not in any hurry to see the rest of it.

Dragon Ball Z (U.S.): Yeah. Pretty much lots of power-ups and the good guys screaming that they will avenge their friends in every major battle.

Lucky Star: Boring. I still want to complete it at sometime for some unknown reason, but I won't be getting around to it for a LONG time yet.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Feb 1, 2011 4:43 PM

Sep 2010
@FOE-tan

First I was going to say: “Woa, you have a lot low rated shows”, but then I saw there are very few actual series there...which is good, I think.

Canaan – Dropped it in the middle of the first episode cos it wasn't interesting at all. Might try it again though.

Howl's Moving Castle – Miyazakis movies kind of lost its charme to me but his movies are most of the time still decent. Soulless but decent.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) – Ha...yeah. Trolling is fine, but that was kind of over-trolling. I was prepared, so I didn't mind it that much and got my share of enjoyment from the rage in the episode forums. It wasn't a good idea, but at least it was creative...
Feb 1, 2011 7:28 PM

Feb 2010
@ mljato

Shakugan no Shana - oh, this is one of the most annoying anime. I found it to be boring for the most part, and the characters were godawful. Yuuji was beyond pathetic, and the girl who had a crush on him was even worse.

Toaru Majutsu no Index - there were a few things that irritated me about this one. The plot was a bit of a mess, and I disliked the way in which most of the better female characters were shoved aside, and relegated to the role of "damsel in distress" solely for the purpose of sending Touma to the rescue. I gave it a 6 because I thought some of the characters were above average.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai - brought down solely by Kirino. Awful, awful character. Gave it a six for Kuroneko.

MM! - "shit" is the only way to desribe this.
Feb 1, 2011 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
^
^
haven't rated any anime yet xD

Feb 1, 2011 8:30 PM

Jan 2008
@shuffleair: Yeah, 'tis Madoka (late, but hey).

@Anoo

I My Me Strawberry Eggs! - Haven't seen it, but I still believe it to be one of the most idiotic names for a show ever.

Gungrave - Quite a weird show really. Episodes 2-15 or so are actually REALLY good, as is the ultimate ending, but the supernatural section (which, after all, is what the series is actually based on) really doesn't fit well with what happens in the rest of the story. I reckon they could've done a much better job if they hadn't felt the need to include the supernatural elements and have the series solely as a prequel to the games.
Feb 2, 2011 12:35 AM

Mar 2009
@Seasonreaper

Elfen Lied-I really liked this, plenty of violence, yes, but more happened than that.

Puni Puni Poemy-this was stupid, but that's kinda why I liked it. I wouldn't call it super good, but it was a fun distraction

that's all i know from yours, since you don't seem to have a dropped list.
Feb 2, 2011 3:38 AM

Nov 2008
@lollypatrolly:

Mars of Destruction - Self-explanatory, really.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - I have watched about a third of this. It really isn't all that epic from what I have seen, although I do understand it gets more OTT as it goes on.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - It's either extremely good and interesting to the point of being absorbing or it bores you to death with elementary tactics that probably don't work in space. Talk about inconsistency. Yang Wenli alone makes this more than a 4/10, however.

Clannad - A very good comedy, but accompanied with bad drama and unnecessary fantasy/supernatural elements thrown in for the sake of forcing more bad drama. I will complete purely for the comedy, but it probably won't get above 6/10 from me.

Naruto - a watched a few episodes on TV. It wasn't bad, but I think I quit on it before it got to filler hell.

Kuroshitsuji Stunningly mediocre fujoshi bait. Sebastian is so plain and perfect that he annoys me. The comedy fails hard, and apparently was added fpr the anime, as I hear the manga didn't have any.

Excel Saga - What was this about again? I hardly remember it apart from some tddy things a dog that the main character wanted to eat.
[
Feb 2, 2011 6:12 AM

Sep 2009
@FOE-tan:

Mars of Destruction - so bad it's good, but still so bad.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) - Even more justified if you weren't a huge fan of the first season.

Howl's Moving Castle: I heard it was one of Ghibli's less inspired works.

Human Zoo: I don't know what the hell it was, but it made me laugh a bit.
Feb 2, 2011 6:53 AM

Aug 2010
PJ

Highschool of the Dead - I liked it, I guess it isn't for everybody though.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 - Ok, it was no season 1 vbut 4. :o

K-ON! - I really do have a soft spot for K-On!

ef - a tale of melodies. - Agree with the comment ^_^ but i really enjoyed the fairytale parts.

MM! - For it's genre i was fairly amused.

Candy Boy - it's ungraded but twincest obviously means id doesn't belong on this post?...although those 3 eps weren't amazing.
Feb 2, 2011 8:46 AM

Jun 2008
@ FOE-tan

Cencoroll - I hated this mindless garbage, it made no sense at all.

Yurumates - Forgettable, worthless slice of life OAV.

Howl's Moving Castle - Not my favorite Miyazaki movie. Confusing and weird.

Mars Of Destruction - It made me lol so much, I gave it a 4.

Feb 2, 2011 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
@KeiranShikari

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - Yeah, this is about the right score for this. Luckily it was as short as it was or it would've gone on too long and dropped the score significantly.

Chaos;Head - Understandable, great start, meh middle and terrible end.

Mars of Destruction - Understandable, although a little higher than I'd expect. Guess it makes sense if it was so bad it amused you.
Feb 2, 2011 1:27 PM

Nov 2007
@Seasonreaper

Bakuretsu Tenshi - I sort of have the desire to revisit this for nostalgia.. but ya I won't because it was terrible.

Elfen Lied - Can't say I disagree despite the score difference. I remember being mostly bored with it till we got the backstory on Lucy which made me sympathetic to her character...but beyond that I didn't care. I have a feeling this is one of those shows that won't stand up to my 7 rating after a rewatch.

Kiddy Grade - Mediocre first half. Ep 16 I believe was quite good and the high point of the show, it stayed interesting for awhile till they vanished and I mostly stopped caring.
Feb 2, 2011 2:06 PM

Oct 2009
@RenaPsychoKiller

Pokemon: The First Movie - How could you give it a 5? It's a classic :c

Fullmetal Alchemist - 4? that's seems a little harsh, FMA is pretty good, although brotherhood is a lot better imo.

5CM per second - I don't think this movie was amazing as people make it out to be, but I think it's a lot better than a 4 o:

Azumanga Daioh a 3?! I thought it was impossible to not like that show.

And looking at your dropped list, FMA: Brotherhood a 3? :c I absolutely loved that show. Although at 24 eps in, at least you gave it a fair chance before you decided you hated it, I guess.
Feb 2, 2011 2:54 PM

Nov 2008
@Psyris:

@Ousto:
I have only seen 4 of your low-rated series.

Mars of Destruction is Mars of Destruction. What else is there to say?

Nyoro~n Churuya-san was painfully unfunny from what I remember of it, so agreed 100%

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Is an average anime with slightly above-average humor, so 5's about right, even if I may go with a 6 myself if I ever bother to complete it.

Dance in the Vampire Bund - See my comment on Psyris's list, underneath the spoiler tag.
Rosa_FOEtidaFeb 3, 2011 1:49 AM
[
Feb 2, 2011 4:45 PM

Sep 2009
Whee, double commenting.

@Psyris:

Vampire Bund: SHAFT brainfart, as it seems. As much as I am a fanboy of the studio and the director, I'll just go ahead and skip this one.

Galaxy Angel: Yeah, I wouldn't spend 13 hours of my life for that kind of show either.

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Well, it's a popular show. Peeps will like it, and peeps won't like it. And peeps like me will probably never see it.

Kuroshitsuji: I've always questioned the shounen tag it has. I think the majority of the males who watched it were out of morbid curiosity.

@Ousto:

Kiss x Sis: Quasi-incest ecchi. What can I say?

Boku no Pico: Morbid curiosity?

Iron Man: Madhouse is on a (really bad) roll with these superhero anime. Not one is appearing remotely interesting to me.

Duel Masters: If anyone watched the serious version then I would agree that this show is not very good. The dub version I saw was basically an abridged version of the whole show, so I thought it was very funny.

MM!: The joke was only funny in the first two episodes.
Feb 2, 2011 5:00 PM

Jul 2007
@Ousto

Kiss x Sis OVA: Not a big fan of softcore kink? That's a shame. Isn't stopping you from watching everything that's out though I see :P

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Nekogoroshi-hen: Underwhelming, sure, but it did provide a crucial plot point with the story of the dam contractor. Justified

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei: Entirely unnecessary, sure, but so much Rika! I understand if you don't feel the same way, but it would make me like you a little less.

Clannad: I've always been somewhat of a fan of Toei's more liberal adaptations as opposed to the rigid KeyAni projects, if only because they have a better idea of when and how the story should end. Clannad was their best call yet. After Story's ending is nothing compared to the movie's. On the whole though, I can understand.

Kyou no Go no Ni: I remember it being kinda funny. That rating's about right.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!: Probably what I would have given it if I hadn't dropped it out of a combination of endless waiting for a recurring storyline and Misaki never ever becoming any less of a man-hater. Hail Shoujo Aizen!

Bleach: The DiamondDust Rebellion: I think I watched this as background noise. What a boring movie.

Isshoni Training: Ah, I thought it was a cute piece of indirect satire. Not that bad.

Kiss x Sis TV: I'm actually kind of amazed you gave the OVA the same score, as it's arguably better focused than the TV show. Or maybe you do think the TV show is less focused and you upped the score to even it because got a thing for omorashi >_>

Togainu no Chi: Hahaha! QUALITY! If I'd finished it, I'd probably give it the same vote. What a terrible series in all aspects.

Isshoni Sleeping: See "Training" and I thought the satire was even more apparent here.

Mars of Destruction: Agreed, but you can't deny how insanely entertaining it was in its awfulness.

Boku no Pico: Of course.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 2, 2011 5:12 PM

Jul 2007
@PsuedoJordan

Haruhi S2: Endless Eight is wretched. Everything else is well worth watching though.

Sengoku Basara: LOL my sentiments exactly, but when it was actiony, it was in 9 territory. Too bad it couldn't stay there, but I can't give it less than a 6 for Date Masamune alone.

All your Pokemanz: Meh.

Kara no Kyoukai 6: Was this really necessary? I like Azaka, but really?

Code Geass R2: I don't think it insults your intelligence. They'd have to have planned that out and really I think they were slopping one ep together after the other with no clear cut direction until the tail end. Being able to still pull that off, I gave it more credit. It is still vastly overrated though.

K-ON!: It got much better when Azu-nyan showed up.

ef ~ a tale of melodies: OH HELL NO.

Mars of Destruction: So bad its good incarnate indeed.

Candy Boy: Twincest yes. Awesome yuri twincest.

Love Hina: Gah indeed.

Naruto: I liked what I saw, and then I got bored.

Strawberry Panic!: Those 4 points better all be for Chikaru-oneesama >: (

2x2 = Shinobuden: Ah, it was silly fun. I came for the yuri too, but I stayed for Pac-Man Wakamoto.

FLCL: Son I am disappoint.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 3, 2011 1:12 AM

May 2009
Evangelion - Agreed.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody and Sigh were too strong to give it a rating that low and even endless eight as an episode wasn't bad, you were just forced to watch it 8 times.

Lucky Star - Not for everyone that's for sure, found some enjoyment from it just for a lot of the time it sounded like my friends and I talking.

Eureka Seven - Does pick up a bit later on but is never really a great series.
Feb 3, 2011 1:04 PM

May 2008
edit: Sorry guys, i wrote comments on my own series, cause i misread the topic title.
The person under this comment can give comments on "Dark_Puddles"
BlizzaraFeb 4, 2011 3:50 AM

Feb 4, 2011 3:16 PM

Sep 2009
@ Dark_Puddle

Baccano! Specails - Shit, I've completly forgotten that I've watched this... It wasn't bad, but far as good as the real show.

Digimon - Digimon is a huge part of my childhood, so I've rated the first season very high. The rest wasn't as good, and if I where to see them today, it would probobly suck. So I can see why you've rated them so low.

Elfen Lied Special - Yeah, it was quite boring. Almost a waste of time of my 20 minutes.

K-ON!: Ura-ON! - This was so bad. I think I chuckeled atleast once. *Checks my own score* Whatta... I have given it a 7?! I must change that right away!

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Oh really? I'm almost done with this classic, and I will probobly give in a 7-8 when I'm done. If they doesn't completly screws up the ending-

Princess Mononoke - Are you serious? I LOVE this movie with my whole heart & may rerate it to a 10 when I watch it again. I would really want to hear WHY you have rated it a 5!

@ Blizzara

5 Centimeters per Second - I liked the first part, but not the rest. But I did give it a 7, mainly becuase of the beautiful score & the amazing visuals.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - I may lower my score for this one. The story didn't make any sense, I just gave it a 7 becuase of the amazing CG!

FLCL - Hooray, I'm not alone about giving this a "low" score. It got some pluspoints for Haruka.

Higashi no Eden Movie I & II - I thought that the movies where okay, but it didn't live up to the amazing series. And it was bad that it didn't had a real conclusion.

Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei I see that you didn't really like Kara no Kyoukai (Exceot the final movie of course!) Well I really like all of them & I would rank the first movie as Nr 4.

Lucky ☆ Star This is one of those show you either love or hate. You hate it, and I can see why people can do it. But I still like, even thou I have lowered it from my original score.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) I see that Endless Eight destroyed the second season for you eh? Well if you exclude that, the 2nd season wasn't that bad at all.

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Definitely wasn't as good as the first season. It's just okay in my opinion.
"I don't believe in a lot of things but I do believe in duct tape!"

Feb 4, 2011 4:39 PM

Sep 2009
@Lambo-kun:

Clannad Tomoyo Chapter: The OVAs weren't great as standalone stories in their anime adaptations, but by all means they weren't bad.

Haruhi-chan: This one gets mixed reviews, but I thought it was hilarious.

Seitokai Yakuindomo: I tried a little bit of it and didn't like what I had saw. Boring for being so lewd.

Ookami-san: Below average romance, courtesy of J.C. Staff.

Clannad movie: It's an inferior adaptation compared to KyoAni's for the most part, but by itself, it wasn't a horrible romance. The characters didn't seem as memorable in the movie as they were in the show.
Feb 4, 2011 4:57 PM

Jan 2009
@PseudoJordan

Sengoku Basara - I personally hated this series, clearly noted by the fact that I dropped it, so I don't agree on the 5, but I am glad to see it on the lower end.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 - Glad that you were able to see this for the train wreck it was.

Highschool of the Dead - Score matches with mine, I enjoyed it to a certain extent, mainly due to the fact that it's one of the first zombie anime, but I wasn't impressed with anything else in it. I can only assume that you may have felt the same way.

FLCL - This saddens me to see this not only as 2 but on your dropped list. Truly a great coming of age series, not overly deep, just truthful. Not to mention stellar animation and an amazing soundtrack.
Feb 4, 2011 4:59 PM

Nov 2010
@ PseudoJordan

Angel Beats!: Stairway to Heaven: Aw, This one had me literally laughing out loud, but I guess a lot of people wanted some more like Another Epilogue.
MM!: A lot of people didn't like this show, but I did, and the lack of ecchi compared to other shows was a nice change of pace.
K-ON! Lol guess conversations about cake all day get kinda boring...but still YUI IS SO DAMN CUTE!
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 I thought this was actually very good, I wonder what it is that you didn't like about it...
Highschool of the Dead xD zombies guns and boobs with a decent enough story, all I really needed in a summer anime :P
Dragon Ball MY CHILDHOOD!!! I loved this show Q_Q

You should just comment on the guy above me...because I don't have anything 5 or lower...generally when I watch a show I end up getting what I was looking for...so not really dissatisfied with anything on my list xD
LihnFeb 4, 2011 5:03 PM
Feb 4, 2011 5:12 PM

Jul 2008
@Lihn:

WHOA. Someone is actually watching Rio: Rainbow Gate. I don't even know how you do it, but I have to congratulate you.

Yosuga no Sora was crap. I got through the first episode and I was like gosh this is really bad. It's around Rio: Rainbow Gate bad.

Samurai Girls was just as bad as well. Wow, I actually agree with all your fives and lower. We must have similar taste in animuuu. Or similar taste in what we don't like. XDDD

OH NO. THERE WERE ONLY THREE. Guess I'll comment other things.

Maybe we don't have similar taste in anime. A lot of things that you rated highly I didn't. Angel Beats being one of them.

I think you should watch Kimi ni Todoke. It's on your plan to watch list, and I would recommend that first. There are other things on your plan to watch list that I'm just like :|.
Feb 5, 2011 7:24 AM

Dec 2010
Bakuman- dont think it deserve 5

Yumekui Merry- I've seen the first episode it doesn't appeal to me so I did not put it in my list

07-Ghost- haven't seen it yet

aishiteruze baby- seen it years ago but couldn't put myself to watch it

Asobi ni Iku yo!- I dropped it i find it uninteresting I'm not a fan of alien thing or something like that I find it annoying

Black Blood Brothers- seen the sub version in our country and I don't like it..

Final Approach- I think its boring i only watch 3 eps and then quit

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid- why 5?

Love Hina- i think its good i dont get bored halfway..

Mitsu x Mitsu Drops- ok i think it deserve it

Nanatsuiro Drops- i saw the first 2 eps and i think its cute..

Shugo Chara!! Doki- first season is better

To LOVE-Ru- it deserve it

xxxHOLiC- I like it...

Naruto- Im not a naruto fan..

=didn't include anime that i havent watch yet I agree with most of your 5< rating I don't finish anime that don't interest me so I have few completed anime's...
Feb 5, 2011 9:08 AM

Jan 2009
@licelle_06 - You haven't giving a lot of scores below five so this may be difficult.

Naruto - Well if you are judging this as a series as as whole that I think the five is fine since the fillers were just dreadful. But the beginning of the series was well done(Actually really well done) so I can understand there being a higher score for this.

5 Centimeters per Second - You haven't giving this one a rating yet and I hope this is just a mistake because this truly is a great movie.

School Days - A five is probably more a better score then this show deserves, but I think I also gave it a five just for the ending.
Feb 5, 2011 11:33 PM
Sep 2009
@burntlettuce

Afro Samurai-- The stylized nature and novelty of this anime won me over, but yeah, I can see why someone wouldn't be impressed by this.

Bleach-- Has some good parts, but just another tired shounen that never ends.

Full Metal Panic-- This was fun, certainly not the best mecha I've seen but still good; I hear the other seasons are better.

Ponyo-- Admittedly, the weakest of Miyasaki's works, but by no stretch bad or even average. I guess it was because it was pointed toward a really young audience...

Soul Eater-- Okay, its plot wasn't exceptional or anything, but it was great by shounen standards and the presentation was exceptional. Can't think of why it only deserves a 5.

Rosario+Vampire-- I agree, this is crap.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Feb 8, 2011 11:06 AM

Jun 2008
@ judojon

XXXHolic - I've read some of the manga. Boring and long. The latest Clamp series suck. The anime looks better, though.
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles - As above. But in this case, the anime seems even worse than the manga.
Negima & Love Hina - Mindless ecchi crap, just like every Ken Akamatsu work.
Devil May Cry - Full of clichés, but still well-done and enjoyable.
Digimon movie - As a Digimon fan, I loved almost all of the movies.
Nadesico movie - I found it pretty good. More serious than the anime.
Mirai Nikki - Well, it was simply a trailer for the manga, but I liked it, seems promising.
Hellsing - Watched only the first episode, didn't seem that bad to me.
Himiko Den - Read the manga, it was horrible, just like the 90% of Oh Great's stuff.
Mars Of Destruction - It was too hilarious for me to rate it with a 1.
Lost Universe - I've read the manga and liked it, absolutely must watch the anime.
Vampire Princess Miyu - You hate vampires, or what? Because this is actually one of the most unique and beautiful vampire series.

PS: Go finish Gankutsuou now.

Feb 8, 2011 2:34 PM

Sep 2009
@RenaPsychoKiller
Screwed up before. Edit!

Aria the Animation - You kind of have to be a certain type of person to enjoy this series. I understand why you disliked it.

Chaos;Head - I despise this series with a burning passion. You have no idea...

Chrno Crusade - This seems like an accurate rating. It had great action scenes and a wonderful concept, but I would have liked to get to know the characters a little better.

School Days - Really? It was that bad?

Stitch! - What? they made an anime???
manami-chan669Feb 11, 2011 6:32 AM
Feb 8, 2011 3:45 PM
Sep 2009
manami-chan669 said:
@RenaPsychoKiller
I don't do tens! Comment on my 9's!

Excel Saga - I freaking loved this show! Hillarious and random. Don't think it deserves a ten, but I can see why you loved it :)

Gankutsuou - I'm watching this right now. So far, I'm not exactly loving it. However, my friend assures me that it gets much better.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - This is on my "on-hold" list. I'm liking it so far, but since I've seen so many spoilers on YouTube, I'm not getting the same shock as everyone else.

Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei - Personally, I thought that the manga was better. While the anime could have been executed a lot better, I did enjoy the few episodes I saw.

Well, someone didn't read what this thread was about...
Anyway...

Gin'iro no Kami no Agito-- This certainly isn't one the best anime movie I've seen, not even close. However, it wasn't bad either, at the very least the visuals were really good.

Otome Youkai Zakuro-- I actually found this rather cute, nothing amazing or anything, but a perfectly good watch (though, I'm actually not done with it yet...).

WAIT... manami-chan669, you are the author of this thread... how did you make that mistake.
NeverKnowsBest26Feb 8, 2011 5:37 PM
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Feb 10, 2011 6:13 PM

Sep 2009
Love Hina: One of the genre busters for ecchi harem rom-coms. Well, up to the person in question whether that's a good thing or not, and we seem to agree on the latter.

TTGL Parallel Works: Aside from the one for Rap is a Man's soul, I thought the music videos were quite good.

IGPX: Pretty average stuff.

Negima!: A pretty boring adaptation.

Mirai Nikki: I shouldn't have gotten hyped for a glorified promo for the manga.

Mars of Destruction: Eyup.

Pokemon movies: Agreed for the most part. They don't seem that impressive in retrospect.

Black Rock Shooter: Needs a continuation to explain all the WTF-ness, but no one should hold his breathe.
Feb 11, 2011 6:20 AM

Sep 2009
judojon said:
manami-chan669 said:
@RenaPsychoKiller
I don't do tens! Comment on my 9's!

Excel Saga - I freaking loved this show! Hillarious and random. Don't think it deserves a ten, but I can see why you loved it :)

Gankutsuou - I'm watching this right now. So far, I'm not exactly loving it. However, my friend assures me that it gets much better.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - This is on my "on-hold" list. I'm liking it so far, but since I've seen so many spoilers on YouTube, I'm not getting the same shock as everyone else.

Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei - Personally, I thought that the manga was better. While the anime could have been executed a lot better, I did enjoy the few episodes I saw.

Well, someone didn't read what this thread was about...
Anyway...

Gin'iro no Kami no Agito-- This certainly isn't one the best anime movie I've seen, not even close. However, it wasn't bad either, at the very least the visuals were really good.

Otome Youkai Zakuro-- I actually found this rather cute, nothing amazing or anything, but a perfectly good watch (though, I'm actually not done with it yet...).

WAIT... manami-chan669, you are the author of this thread... how did you make that mistake.

Oh my god! That's so embarrasing! I confused my threads! Here, I'll go back and edit...

Comment on PseudoJordans list, not mine!
manami-chan669Feb 11, 2011 6:23 AM
Feb 11, 2011 8:04 AM

Sep 2009
@ PseudoJordan

Angel Beats!: Stairway to Heaven - This OVA wasn't neccesary at all. But I have to admit that some of the jokes were pretty funny

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 - I really enjoyed both series alot, borh of them got a 9 from me. I can still see that some people didn't like second season. There where a LOT of plotholes.

FLCL - I really liked some parts of FLCL. Like Haruko, the music, & some of the artstyle. But I HATED alot of it too. Like the manga parts, the maincharacter and the story didn't make any sense for me,

Highschool of the Dead They should rename it Highschool of Fanservice! I've given it a 7, but know that I think about it... I really should lower the score.

K-ON! - Some people just can't stand moe and that's understandable. But I like K-On, mostly becuase of the ED's, Ritsu, & awesome Mugi.

Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon - It's the "Worst" of the KnK movies, not enough Shiki in it. But it isn't a bad movie though, just not as good as the other.

Naruto - If I would count in the fillers in my rateing, I would probobly give this one a low score too. But I can't give a swow with Rock Lee a low score!

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi - This must have been one of the most boring things I've ever seen. Almost every character were a stereotyp, the idea of the show was stupid and you luaghed at the attempts of comedi in it.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) - If I could erase Endless Eight from my memory, then the second season would have been better then the first in my oppinion.
"I don't believe in a lot of things but I do believe in duct tape!"

Feb 11, 2011 8:13 AM

Aug 2010
Lambo-Kun

Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter - I was a Tomoyo fan so it got a high score from me, understandable if you didn't like her though.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt - It was a hit or miss anime, hit with me complete miss with you.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Not seen it yet but i'm surprised to see such a low score. I guess it really is different from Higurashi.

Seitokai Yakuindomo - I thought it was pretty funny, nothing special but not horrible.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan 2 - Life the first season it sucked.
Feb 11, 2011 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
@KeiranShikari

Green Green - Should be a lower score in my opinion, one of the worst shows to ever grace this planet

Choas Head - I guess I can understand the five due the amazing opening(Frist three episodes are pretty good) but the series is still terrible and probably deserves lower.

Lovely Complex - Really? This is by far one of the best romantic comedy anime series. It has a lot of slapstick humor so I can understand people getting annoyed with that, and the ending is kind of weak. But it's a nice journey.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

48 by Nekosawrus »»
41 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 3 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 9 hours ago

101 by LostSpectre »»
10 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 43 minutes ago

4 by alexw1020 »»
19 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 22 minutes ago

0 by TsutanaiFuun »»
22 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 10 hours ago

17 by Jackson1333 »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.